fireman4215 said:
Installed some grill LEDs.
4c007aa3-667a-ae23.jpg

4c007aa3-6690-00a5.jpg

OMG I really like those!!!

ItsOnVoy

Nov 21, 2011
silvernclean said:
Haha. By the time u made it a mile from ur house u'd forget why u were walking. And where to. Hell prolly a beer in one hand with the plastic rings. Hehe.

:rotfl::rotfl:

silverunicorn

Dec 4, 2011
I FINALLY replaced the broken right side mirror turn signal on my Trailblezer.

Had been missing for over a year after the mirror was hit. Had cut the wires to remove it.

Replaced the lens, rewired everything, and it works great again :smile:

Also got the passenger side door panel on CORRECTLY so the radio does not rattle it like crazy.

Was a good day :smile:

Chris

NewfieEnvoy

Jan 25, 2012
Took the Envoy into the stealership (I have powertrain warranty remaining until June) to investigate a whining noise when 4x4 is engaged. Their previous mechanic said he couldn't hear anything, today's mechanic said he must be deaf :rotfl: He seems to think its coming the front diff. Dropping it off tomorrow so they can dig into it. Once this is resolved I'll be heading to my neighborhood garage (that I love and fully trust) to do a full powertrain inspection, I'll be heading back to the stealership with my list in hand :biggrin:

HARDTRAILZ

Nov 18, 2011
DJones said:
I was the first to do it.

I had grill leds over two years ago, but once removed I never bothered to put em back.

Maybe I should redo some to backlight the winch.

HARDTRAILZ

Nov 18, 2011
Strung leds all over and under the truck. Strip after strip are just stuck in the garage these days. Used to have the remote to do patterns and what not even. Still have some blue wheelwell ones on the truck and actually plugged them in last week and they work after wheeling. I figured they were trash.

I wish I could justify doing the dash ones, but I just dont have the time to mess with it.

Feb 16, 2012
1) Regular oil change
2) Cleaned Throttle Body
3) Replaced the Secondary Air Check Valve (P0410 code)

All better now!!!! Now that I stopped throwing the code I can get my overdue inspection done!!! :wootwoot:

07ChevyTruck

Dec 5, 2011
Me007gold said:
Oil pan skid from MDBFab. Still waiting on Radiator skid, but this was finished 1st.

DSC_0729.jpg

DSC_0733.jpg

Nice looking skid plate. :thumbsup:

fireman4215

Dec 18, 2011
Installed a set of supersparkz. I noticed a difference in idle and a little in throttle response.

07ChevyTruck

Dec 5, 2011
fireman4215 said:
Installed a set of supersparkz. I noticed a difference in idle and a little in throttle response.

Sweet I have a set in both my trucks. Enjoy them.:thumbsup:

Sparky

Dec 4, 2011
Looked for fog light hookups, hoping that GM used the same harness on the LS as on the LT models. They didn't.

Also looked over my front end again trying to figure out why I have a vibration at highway speeds, and noticed that the wheel weight on my passenger front wheel is missing. Well, that might be why... I'll have to get them rebalanced.

Voymom

Feb 3, 2012
I switched around some car seats only to learn that they won't fit where I need them, tried to adjust the headlights as to not blind anyone with the new HID's but that was unsuccessful as the lights are being buttholes. So the lights are back on the to do list this weekend. Tried mounting my HID's boxes? but hubby didn't grab any bolts from work last night, so that goes onto the to do list as well for this weekend.

hitman

Jan 25, 2012
All i did to mine is stare at it through the window and say damn weather warm up so i can wax my hoopty...

jrSS

Dec 4, 2011
Voymom said:
I switched around some car seats only to learn that they won't fit where I need them, tried to adjust the headlights as to not blind anyone with the new HID's but that was unsuccessful as the lights are being buttholes. So the lights are back on the to do list this weekend. Tried mounting my HID's boxes? but hubby didn't grab any bolts from work last night, so that goes onto the to do list as well for this weekend.

Are u talking about the ballasts?? Didn't u get double sick tab pads for them? We stuck them on the plastic where the lights are . We also ziptied them s if the pads didn't hold the zipties would.

Mark20

Dec 6, 2011
Me007gold said:
Oil pan skid from MDBFab. Still waiting on Radiator skid, but this was finished 1st.

Is there a door to access the oil drain and filter? Or do you have to unbolt and swing it out of the way?

07ChevyTruck

Dec 5, 2011
The 04 running a little rough today. Damn weather changing like it did. :frown:

NewfieEnvoy

Jan 25, 2012
NewfieEnvoy said:
Took the Envoy into the stealership (I have powertrain warranty remaining until June) to investigate a whining noise when 4x4 is engaged. Their previous mechanic said he couldn't hear anything, today's mechanic said he must be deaf :rotfl: He seems to think its coming the front diff. Dropping it off tomorrow so they can dig into it. Once this is resolved I'll be heading to my neighborhood garage (that I love and fully trust) to do a full powertrain inspection, I'll be heading back to the stealership with my list in hand :biggrin:

So my front diff is sitting on the ground and I'm in a rental :-(

Boricua SS

Nov 20, 2011
Ohio
well, i got the call from the dealership today about the knocking noise in the beaSSt...

i updated my original thread.. so i'll just keep it short here... rocker and push rod #4 was bad.. also chewed up the head too...

awaiting more results as we speak...

woody79

Dec 3, 2011
Boricua SS said:
well, i got the call from the dealership today about the knocking noise in the beaSSt...

i updated my original thread.. so i'll just keep it short here... rocker and push rod #4 was bad.. also chewed up the head too...

awaiting more results as we speak...

Glad to here it mate. Can't begin to imagine how much it would how cost to fix if not under warranty.

Back on topic ...

Took (my wife actually did as its her DD) our truck to the shop today to get a valve stem looked at. I went to put air in the right rear tire the other day and all it did was leak air! :lipsrsealed: The stem was holding the air in the tire but when I tried to add more air it just kept hissing. :hissyfit:

The shop said the valve stem was rusted bad in 2 places and needed replacing. $100 (no labor charge) later we have a new valve stem and I feel safer knowing my wife doesn't need to worry about the tire going flat on her.

Dam those things are expensive. Does anyone know if this is a DIY repair? :confused:

HARDTRAILZ

Nov 18, 2011
You got screwed. 25-30 bucks tops for new valve stem. Not a diy though.

Sparky

Dec 4, 2011
Unless it was because his has the built in TPMS sensors...

woody79

Dec 3, 2011
Sparky said:
Unless it was because his has the built in TPMS sensors...

It does have the TPMS sensor built in. I am guessing that's why it cost me that much.

HARDTRAILZ

Nov 18, 2011
The sensor is another 25 maybe?

woody79

Dec 3, 2011
HARDTRAILZ said:
The sensor is another 25 maybe?

Yeah I think we did get hosed :sadcry: A Doorman replacment sensor is $62 on advance auto. The part they used was a ACDelco one and it was listed on the receipt as being $96. The rest was tax. Wish I had had the time for more research, but it was one of those situations were I needed it fixed asap.

HARDTRAILZ

Nov 18, 2011
But it was there and it is fixed. Plus the real key...wife should be happy

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bwaggoner4052

Members Online