What did you do to your GMT today?

Status
Not open for further replies.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Mar 31, 2017
PA
I installed the bracket and light bar I mentioned in the other thread yesterday. It looks a little crooked for now, but tomorrow I'm going to straighten it out and get it wired.
IMG_20170508_185641.jpg IMG_20170508_185651.jpg IMG_20170508_185658.jpg IMG_20170508_185720.jpg

djthumper

Administrator
Nov 20, 2011
North Las Vegas
z71 1500 LT with max tow package, with the integrated trailer brakes and the all star package, uphill & downhill start assist and movable pedals. They only found 1 within 500 miles.

littleblazer

Jul 6, 2014
After four days of kicking myself... control arm bushings are done.

Here is me suffering for reference. :2thumbsup:

xavierny25

Mar 16, 2014
Staten Island, N.Y
Not mine but last night helped my Irish neighbor start his chevy 4500 small dump truck which is a mirror image of the Isuzu npr. With my trusty field piece amp probe started at the batteries and worked my way to 2 busted fuses. One mega fuse 80 amps and a small 15amp fuse. After making an auto zone run and going over all the electrical wiring that may of caused these 2 to pop. I couldn't find anything wrong other than a few loose terminal screws. I replaced the 2 and the truck started up like a champ. So everything is right in the irish mans world once again. He hit me with a 100 bill that i honestly declined to take but he shoved it in my pocket and invited me and the wife over for some beers and food. I had to say no cause the wife had already started to whip up some grub and it was getting late.

SnowBlazer

Jun 9, 2014
Colorado Springs
Automatic Air Freshener mod!!

Attachments

• Snapchat-1369048045.jpg
    Snapchat-1369048045.jpg
    101 KB · Views: 19
Reactions: Tiggerr

xavierny25

Mar 16, 2014
Staten Island, N.Y
Put on some new front and rear brake pads. I also removed and replaced guide pin boots. Cleaned all the old caliper grease out and added some new grease.20170512_110803.jpg
I'll breaking the pads in shortly.
EBC green stuff pads for the win.

Then I replaced the alternator since it was the original that came with the truck. I got a 8hr drive coming up in the next few weeks and thats the last thing i want to worry about.20170512_115221.jpg

Mooseman

Dec 4, 2011
Ottawa, ON
Added some Dexcool as it was low and WW fluid.

Reactions: rizzo20

tcurlee

Mar 28, 2015
Posted on a couple of other threads related to this but thought i'd post here since it is what I've done lately !
replaced both front wheel hub/bearing assemblies. Only L. was bad but thought I'd get in front of the next one before it went. Went with Mooseman's recommendation and got Timkin brand on amazon for a really good price for 2. Funny,, of all the things I thought would give me problems, those damn little clips for the wires fought me tooth & nail !! Had to get jiggy with them. 3 more bolts and an axle nut more than a brake job is what that amounts to.
Next day (yesterday ) narrowed down a whine type of noise in the front of the engine to a pulley under the alternator ( idler ? ). Trip to Advance Auto and a quick easy fix. Got 179,000 miles out of both so can't complain. NEXT !! ??

tcurlee

Mar 28, 2015
Put on some new front and rear brake pads. I also removed and replaced guide pin boots. Cleaned all the old caliper grease out and added some new grease.View attachment 80884
I'll breaking the pads in shortly.
EBC green stuff pads for the win.

Then I replaced the alternator since it was the original that came with the truck. I got a 8hr drive coming up in the next few weeks and thats the last thing i want to worry about.View attachment 80885

Hi, just wondering how involved this alternator swap was ? I would imagine I'm looking at doing this in the not too distant future seeing I'm 179,000+ mi. tryin' to keep the ole' girl running ! ;-)

xavierny25

Mar 16, 2014
Staten Island, N.Y
Hi, just wondering how involved this alternator swap was ? I would imagine I'm looking at doing this in the not too distant future seeing I'm 179,000+ mi. tryin' to keep the ole' girl running ! ;-)

It's not to bad at all then again I've had to get it out of the way twice to replace the thermostat. Lol. Only big issue with this is getting at the bottom alternator bolt. There's a few write ups on the site about how to and I'm sure there's a video out there some where in the interwebs or youtube.

tcurlee

Mar 28, 2015
It's not to bad at all then again I've had to get it out of the way twice to replace the thermostat. Lol. Only big issue with this is getting at the bottom alternator bolt. There's a few write ups on the site about how to and I'm sure there's a video out there some where in the interwebs or youtube.

Thanks for the response, hopefully I won't have to concern myself with this too soon.

xavierny25

Mar 16, 2014
Staten Island, N.Y
All day yesterday..... clay bar, spot work on minor scratch with 3M's trizact 5000 system(btw worked beautifully I recommend it). Full compound with my 4" d.a. polish with my 7" d.a and lastly wax. 20170520_082710.jpg 20170520_082741.jpg
I took these pic's this morning after a night of pollen and water from the skies got all over it. :badday:

Capote

Supporting Donor
Jul 14, 2014
Atlanta, GA
All day yesterday..... clay bar, spot work on minor scratch with 3M's trizact 5000 system(btw worked beautifully I recommend it). Full compound with my 4" d.a. polish with my 7" d.a and lastly wax. View attachment 80952 View attachment 80953
I took these pic's this morning after a night of pollen and water from the skies got all over it. :badday:
Hell man I wish my black paint was even 1/4 good as yours, mine is so effing embarrassing being a car guy & enthusiast. It's beyond paint correction unfortunately for me. An amazing detailer I met couldn't even work his magic really, he was sweating his ass off in an A/C climate controlled garage trying too. Lord knows I want a new Satin Black paint job more than anything. Sooo easy to take care of vs. gloss paint.

Installed my LED Headlights, man they look the perfect shade White! The cooling fans are soooooo quite, didn't even hear them running. Pure white as advertised, not like a luck of the draw when it comes to HID's. I can't wait to see how they look tonight! Pumped!

Blckshdw

Nov 20, 2011
Tampa Bay Area, FL
Over the last week, I noticed my lift gate handle has gotten loose on the right side...

IMG_20170520_195906.jpg

So today finally committed to pulling the inside panel and taking a peek. As expected the pin had worked itself a bit loose...

IMG_20170520_200247.jpg

So I pulled the LP pocket out and worked the pin back into place.

IMG_20170520_203118.jpg

Some of the foam insulation at the bottom had worked itself loose too, so I cleaned up the dirt, and applied a small bead of glue before securing the LP pocket back on the truck. Much mo betta! :thumbsup:

Mar 30, 2016
KSA
Went out hunting for things for the TB. Found a shop that would do the retrofit for me, said no thanks!! Went looking for some throttle body cleaner. Really surprised I couldn't find it anywhere!! Looked for some fuse taps, same!! Got in contact with the projectors guy, turns out he's a nice 30 minute drive from my house....... Hopefully will be going to check them out this week. Cleaned the interior again, gets dirty real quick over here

xavierny25

Mar 16, 2014
Staten Island, N.Y
Nice job @rizzo20 :2thumbsup:. I have the same djm uca's I'm just wanting to get a 2nd set of shock knuckles so I can have them all power coated before I install it all. I already have a set of calipers and brackets aswell as two complete lower control arms to get done in a blue metallic.
Lucky for me my brother owns the powder coat shop I us. :biggrin:

Mar 30, 2016
KSA
Quite a bit, got some better quality stickers ordered for the TB, did the brake lights, all of them work now. Had to replace one, the other one just worked after I nudged what seemed to be the brake switch! Dad left his car home today, so I detailed the interior and removed some of the many dings and scratches on his doors

WP_20170522_11_19_33_Procompressed.jpg

And SUCCESS!!!!

Mar 30, 2016
KSA
Nothing ground breaking, got tired of the yellowish faded looking Chevy logo on the steering wheel. With a little help from my brother got three variations done

Version : 1 :

PhotoChooser-3e40173f-ffea-434b-bb04-2c859f4b6dc2compressed.jpg

Version : 2 :

WP_20170523_11_35_14_Procompressed.jpg

Version : 3 :

WP_20170523_11_50_09_Procompressed.jpg

And it's currently rocking version 3 at the moment. Tried to do the gear shifter as well. Was next to impossible with the shifter still connected in the car. Any ideas and comments are welcome :2thumbsup:

Capote

Supporting Donor
Jul 14, 2014
Atlanta, GA
Tried to do the gear shifter as well. Was next to impossible with the shifter still connected in the car. Any ideas and comments are welcome

There's a very small hex head set-screw holding the shift knob in place, I don't recall the size. Be careful not to lose it.
221005020349_01521.jpg

Mar 30, 2016
KSA
There's a very small hex head set-screw holding the shift knob in place, I don't recall the size. Be careful not to lose it.
221005020349_01521.jpg
Is that when you're removing the shifter from the console or taking the shifter apart. Cause from what I know, there's a torx screw to remove the shifter from the console

Mooseman

Dec 4, 2011
Ottawa, ON
It's actually a Torx.

I took it for a wash and then transferred the grill from the old '02 to the '07. Much better.
DSC_0495.JPG DSC_0496.JPG

Getting some ideas for fogs, either stock ones from the '02 or the round ones from the Saab. I'm just flush with spare parts so...

Mar 30, 2016
KSA
Got a new GMTNation sticker made!!! This time its been done right! Waterproof, dustproof you name it. The shop owner told me it's an epoxy sticker, kinda like the dealership badge on my TB and that's been there for 8-9 years and still looks good as new

WP_20170524_10_18_08_Procompressed.jpg

Noice!

PhotoChooser-fb10f629-d4ed-4baa-9254-8020edd80754compressed.jpg

Scrape....

PhotoChooser-8489db35-1dea-46a8-84b2-ea2d0a0d81a8compressed.jpg

Scrape, Scrape......

PhotoChooser-2bc2b74a-0bf8-4dee-8496-fb1be2b18d5ccompressed.jpg

Almost done........

PhotoChooser-4d99e087-4414-4d6b-a0d1-4ec7077e97a2compressed.jpg

Done. Looks so clean :biggrin:

WP_20170524_10_56_08_Procompressed.jpg

New sticker on

WP_20170524_10_56_12_Procompressed.jpg

Another shot, you can see the dealership sticker above the Trailblazer emblem, the new sticker is of the same material

Time to update my build thread :2thumbsup:

smt 59

Replaced my 5 year old Interstate battery with a new Canadian Tire Eliminator Ultra AGM today. As well replaced a burnt out fog light.
The old battery was acting up a little with some weak starts after sitting over the weekend.

Reactions: $ Khalid ! 9130

MikeHayes

Mar 20, 2016
Vermont
Replaced the Alternator due to the "Battery Not Charging" Message in the display. My list of new parts is getting longer by the week, (Maybe a "You know you're a TB owner when" Post...) lol Now if I could find a way to explain to my wife that a 13 year old vehicle with 130,000 miles on it is going to need "A few things fixed" I'd be all set. lol

Mooseman

Dec 4, 2011
Ottawa, ON

Mike534x

Apr 9, 2012
Replaced upper radiator hose, kept finding small droplets of coolant pooling up under where the hose hugs the neck. Didn't see any cracks or chips in the neck, or on the hose itself. Hoping this clears it up, got tired of smelling anti-freeze and watching the reservoir slowly deplete since I last topped it off.

I was hoping to get a nice wash and wax done, after taking a road trip over the weekend. Hate seeing bugs caked to the windshield and front of the truck.

Mooseman

Dec 4, 2011
Ottawa, ON

carshinebob

Jun 13, 2014
Today I'm enjoying how easy it is to change the ac compressor on Bravada. Had to walk away from it for a while. I'll start fresh tomorrow. ~BOB

Reactions: Mooseman

Capote

Supporting Donor
Jul 14, 2014
Atlanta, GA
Gonna climb under it and look for the damn hole in my gas tank since the gas seemingly just falls out right after it goes in
Check the filler neck, if it's not that and you find a hole J-B Weld can stop the leak.

reedtchsrv

May 24, 2013
Today, I tried to get my spare tire to lower. Fail. Apparently you need to lower it more often than once every ten years. So, after 30 minutes and a grinder, and what looks to be a really cool new scar, the only keeping my tire from the ground was my head. With that done, I decided that the spare would live in the roof basket from now on. I removed the hoist assembly remains, then stood back and looked at the truck. The left side looked great while doing nothing but shame the right side. So, out comes the sawzall. Two bent blades later, the resonator was deleted! Now the underside looked great. Due to my irrational fear of carbon monoxide poisoning, I grabbed Short Bus' pictures and headed to the local muffler shop for more pipe. Thirty minutes later and I have what's shown in the pictures. I'll remove the tire heat shield and hit the pipe with black paint this weekend and it should look even sweeter.
IMG_4539.JPG IMG_4537.JPG

IMG_4538.JPG

OK, so it's still today, but just like my grandmom always said, "Who needs to wait for the weekend for paint fumes and beer."

IMG_4541.JPG IMG_4542.JPG

Last edited:

Capote

Supporting Donor
Jul 14, 2014
Atlanta, GA
Went back to 3K LED's for the tag lights.IMG_20170531_041007.jpg

Mar 30, 2016
KSA
Today, I tried to get my spare tire to lower. Fail. Apparently you need to lower it more often than once every ten years. So, after 30 minutes and a grinder, and what looks to be a really cool new scar, the only keeping my tire from the ground was my head. With that done, I decided that the spare would live in the roof basket from now on. I removed the hoist assembly remains, then stood back and looked at the truck. The left side looked great while doing nothing but shame the right side. So, out comes the sawzall. Two bent blades later, the resonator was deleted! Now the underside looked great. Due to my irrational fear of carbon monoxide poisoning, I grabbed Short Bus' pictures and headed to the local muffler shop for more pipe. Thirty minutes later and I have what's shown in the pictures. I'll remove the tire heat shield and hit the pipe with black paint this weekend and it should look even sweeter.
View attachment 81067 View attachment 81068

View attachment 81069

OK, so it's still today, but just like my grandmom always said, "Who needs to wait for the weekend for paint fumes and beer."

View attachment 81070 View attachment 81071

No sound clip :coffee:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Firebaugh86

Members Online