What did you do to your GMT today?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Matt

Dec 2, 2011
Got my passengers side fog working again, diagnosed as the connector not making enough contact. Ran down to Summit and picked up a new connector to replace it over the weekend.

Capote

Supporting Donor
Jul 14, 2014
Atlanta, GA
Was experiencing random misfiring last night. This afternoon I went to start up the truck and sure enough Cylinder 4 was misfiring. Took off Coil pack 4 and I was in for a huge surprise....
IMG_20160304_161500.jpg Water flooded all inside! The coil pack looks to be origional since its a Delphi and the gasket sure was garbage upon inspection. Water started seeping into the 3rd and 5th coil packs wells too, but not flooded. Sucked the water out with a shop vac, dried all three out, and went ahead and ordered a whole new set of them. Even though two aren't even 2yrs old yet, I'll just use those two as spares.

Sparky

Dec 4, 2011
Oh, that's the infamous #4 getting water via poor hood seal. Easy fix (though I never bothered to). A little extra weather stripping to direct water coming down the windshield to the sides and away from the top of the motor so it can't drip down on top of the valve cover and get stuff soggy.

I've had that happen a couple of times. I just dried it up and kept trucking. I still have all factory coils too :biggrin:

Sib

Sep 6, 2014
Technically I didn't do it, but a guy I know built me a sub box and installed an old 10" Eclipse sub and a Kenwood amp for me today. Had both of them laying around since HS. We traded off him doing that and I gave his daughter some softball equipment from my work.

Sounds awesome. Some hip hop songs hit pretty hard, and any rock or country sound sweet.

I'll get a pic later and post it up. Wife has the truck over at the MIL's house right now.

littleblazer

Jul 6, 2014
Something I really didn't want to do...
2016-03-05 23.26.06.jpg 2016-03-05 23.26.30.jpg

Reactions: Blckshdw

HARDTRAILZ

Nov 18, 2011
Today i sadly left it in the driveway yet again, but yesterday i topped off fluids and rotated tires and took it for a nice windows down cruise to air the winter out of it.

gmcman

Dec 12, 2011
Badly needed wash job, and had some new tires mounted on the stock wheels. Leaving winter tires on this week until I change the lower control arm brackets and get an alignment.

Reactions: xavierny25

Mounce

Mar 29, 2014
Tuscaloosa, AL
Messed around and ran a relay harness for the fogs which will soon have HIDs. Did some testing and ended up running the battery down. Jumped it off after about 5 minutes of trying to establish solid contact with jumper cables (FU GM side post batteries) and have her sitting on charge now.

Ordered spark plugs and am about to order coil boots and an air filter as well. Gonna look about a fuel filter while I'm at it. Hoping I've just got oil or water in some of the plug wells because it's been acting awful on cold starts lately. Due for a tune up anyways though.

HARDTRAILZ

Nov 18, 2011
Bought some headlights for a bit of a change.

Reactions: Matt

Kurb

May 3, 2014
Drove it to work today. It's nice to have it back from the shop with the new manifold, but the new cold idle surging gives me something to look forward to for the weekend.

Sib

Sep 6, 2014
Gave her a nice bath. Rims were hideous from not being washed in about 2 weeks :no: so cleaned them up and sprayed some Tire Shine on the tires to shine them up a bit too.

Reactions: dmanns67

Capote

Supporting Donor
Jul 14, 2014
Atlanta, GA
Stared at it as I drove to work in a crown Vic... Again...*sigh*

Matt

Dec 2, 2011
Drove the shit out of it...to work.

HARDTRAILZ

Nov 18, 2011
He is on here as well. From Indiana

gmcman

Dec 12, 2011
Speedo was done a few years ago,...oil, temp, & volts all started acting up within a few months of each other so I replaced all except the speedo this time. The tach motor was a pain as one of the traces lifted...but all is good now.

Attachments

• 20160310_203638.jpeg
    20160310_203638.jpeg
    89.6 KB · Views: 9

Matt

Dec 2, 2011
Diagnosed the water pump needing to be replaced...I think. Squealing coming from under the hood. Wiggled the shaft and have no play up and down but probably 1/8" to 1/4" play side to side. :frown: Will order a new on when we get back from Florida.

Hopefully the fan clutch is easier to get off than it was when we replaced it at a meet a couple of years ago.

Kurb

May 3, 2014
Cleaned the throttle body. It did not look too bad since it had only been a little over a year since the last time, but it seems to have solved the idle surging.

littleblazer

Jul 6, 2014
Got a text saying it is still sitting in the street 900 miles away and it's heart is on the way for its operation.

Reactions: Mounce

xavierny25

Mar 16, 2014
Staten Island, N.Y
Drove it into work this morning. She's been running really well the whole time I've had her. Ive never had any big surprise so far. (Knock on wood). I might change out the oil and filter seeing as I still got a pallet full of fresh Mobil 1 synthetic at my brother-in-law house. I did the math and it's just at about 2300 miles since the last time I changed it out.

Blckshdw

Nov 20, 2011
Tampa Bay Area, FL
@Denali n DOO I've always loved the look of the Voy Denali rockers/running boards. The LWB are even more rare, but if I could score some, I'd definitely color match a set and put them on my EXT. :yes:

I might change out the oil and filter seeing as I still got a pallet full of fresh Mobil 1 synthetic at my brother-in-law house. I did the math and it's just at about 2300 miles since the last time I changed it out.

Why so soon?

As for me, earlier this week, I've been noticing a seemlingly random rattle in the passenger door, so decided to investigate. The inside handle seemed firm, but when poking around the edges looking for maybe a broken/loose clip, I came across this... :eek:

20160313_125252.jpg

I think my friend, last weekend, closed the door by grabbing the top of the panel and somehow pulled the lip out of the channel. Figured while I was at it, to go around the other doors, and sure enough the 2 driver's side doors weren't well seated either. :hopeless:

This reminds me, I need to get new door handle bezels, stupid broken clips bug me. :mad:

xavierny25

Mar 16, 2014
Staten Island, N.Y
Why so soon?

I got a FREE pallet full of mobile 1 synthetic from my brother who works at Mercedes months ago. He's owed me a lot of favors over the years and is slowing evening the odds.lol. So all its going to cost me is a filter. Maybe I'll wait till 3000.

stickypoop

Oct 14, 2014
Stretched out the 4x4 legs. Nothing too deep for street tires.

20160312_172117_zps1mx1tpj4.jpg

20160312_171915_zps1fvmpwut.jpg

20160312_173017_zpswmg4p2rc.jpg
20160312_173027_zpscolzlndw.jpg

Do you go in alone?

________
Added an extra 3/4" to the rear, since perfect level just wasn't looking right in 99% of real life scenarios. Wheel spacers went on as well. Much better. Rear sway links are hammered, brakes aren't lookin too sweet back there either. Sounding like a bad bearing up front (spacers should help accelerate that issue, ha) so looks like I'll be going back in sometime soon!

DAlastDON

Apr 6, 2014
Kentucky
Do you go in alone?

________
Added an extra 3/4" to the rear, since perfect level just wasn't looking right in 99% of real life scenarios. Wheel spacers went on as well. Much better. Rear sway links are hammered, brakes aren't lookin too sweet back there either. Sounding like a bad bearing up front (spacers should help accelerate that issue, ha) so looks like I'll be going back in sometime soon!
Yea.

xavierny25

Mar 16, 2014
Staten Island, N.Y
I would save it until you actually need it. 10k miles or bust!

215k miles can't be wrong...

:iagree: The oil isn't gonna spoil or go bad, hang onto it for a while...

Im averaging 8k-10k on oil changes with mobile 1 synthetic.

Figured I'd quote all you guys on this.
I've noticed that after 3k I start either burning oil or its in my intake resonator and tb. Don't know why this is. I check and top off 1qrt at almost exactly 3k after all my oil changes. She runs fine. No smoke out the back end. The cat was checked and it's all good. Exhausted manifold was cracked 2 yrs ago. That's when I had them inspect the cat. And considering I have 3.42's my mpg's are pretty good.

So that's why I choose to start changing it out sooner. Any thing after 3k I have to top off 1qrt after every 1k.

Don't want to start a thread on this cause I'm sure this is just the way it is I guess in my case.

Mounce

Mar 29, 2014
Tuscaloosa, AL
Tuneup day for the TB! All in all about 2 hours from tear down to test fire.

Replaced the plugs and coil boots, boots looked perfectly fine but since I had a set of replacements on hand, I threw them in while I had it apart.

20160313_154045_HDR_zpss14y1zzf.jpg

Cleaned throttle body and replaced the air filter

20160313_155147_HDR_zpslptky7ur.jpg

Plugs appeared to be original at 117,000 miles, weren't replaced since the part number was updated to 41-103 at least. Didn't find any oil or water in the plug wells. #5 was seeping a little oil but nothing major.

Plugs 1-3 left to right

20160313_165603_zpscysvbtjb.jpg

And 4-6 left to right

20160313_165809_zpscmy1oqvv.jpg

Such a satisfying feeling when it fires right up. Next on the list is CPAS, belt, and fuel filter, probably fuel filter first. Then last thing is diy "trans flush" with filter replacement and rear diff.

Kurb

May 3, 2014
Replaced the cigarette lighter fuse (#13) after the scan tool failed to work yesterday. I feared that the shop welding for the manifold replacement caused a problem with PCM until I saw another MAY03LT video. I would have never thought that the cigarette lighter would share a fuse with the OBDII connector. It's worse that the it is only labelled as a cigarette lighter fuse and not cig/OBDII or cig/DLC. Ugh!!

I also finally reinstalled the trim into the rear of the vehicle after a year or two after old rear HAVC repairs. It looks much better now, but I am sure something else will go wrong now that it's back together.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fishermandude

Members Online