What did you do to your GMT today?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sparky

Dec 4, 2011
Applied a Diablosport canned 87 tune with AFM disable on my Silverado. It is just a starting point for now. I'll fiddle more as time goes on.

SnowBlazer

Jun 9, 2014
Colorado Springs
Wrong thread...installed the donor PCM.

Matt

Dec 2, 2011
Applied a Diablosport canned 87 tune with AFM disable on my Silverado. It is just a starting point for now. I'll fiddle more as time goes on.

So, you didn't get the tuner software?

Sparky

Dec 4, 2011
So, you didn't get the tuner software?

Got the Diablosport for half the cost of HP Tuners, plus I don't have to go buy a laptop either. $250 vs $500 + laptop cost. I'll get HP tuners eventually, and it is easy to sell the Diablosport on a Silverado forum as they love these things there. (Don't worry, I'm a member there to get some info but anything I do or learn I post over here! I just haven't gotten into too much nitty-gritty yet.)

Reactions: Matt

SnowBlazer

Jun 9, 2014
Colorado Springs
I took the SnowBlazer to Garden of the Gods to watch idiot tourists look at rocks. Also gave her a bath since it's supposed to be nice for the next week.:2thumbsup:

Attachments

• 20160225_142436.jpg
    20160225_142436.jpg
    133.9 KB · Views: 13
  • 20160225_145406.jpg
    20160225_145406.jpg
    102 KB · Views: 13
  • 20160225_150831.jpg
    20160225_150831.jpg
    117.6 KB · Views: 12
  • 20160225_153214.jpg
    20160225_153214.jpg
    107.7 KB · Views: 12

xavierny25

Mar 16, 2014
Staten Island, N.Y
Had to take it to a local tire shop to pull of both passenger side tires. I've been having to fill them with air every week for the past month and a 1/2. So they found both tpms where leaking aswell as the inner edge was not sealed correctly. So $40 later I'm back in business. Hopefully what they did holds up.

Blckshdw

Nov 20, 2011
Tampa Bay Area, FL
Did some light detailing when I got it home from work. Couple of birds used the EXT for target practice :hissyfit: Cleaned that up, and decided to wash the front wheels, since the brake dust buildup was looking bad. Vacuumed out the inside, and called it a day. :thumbsup:

xavierny25

Mar 16, 2014
Staten Island, N.Y
Did some light detailing when I got it home from work. Couple of birds used the EXT for target practice :hissyfit: Cleaned that up, and decided to wash the front wheels, since the brake dust buildup was looking bad. Vacuumed out the inside, and called it a day. :thumbsup:

When I get targeted by birds me and my son look and say "well look like the truck is having a shitty day" and laugh like it's the funny ish in the world.

Sparky

Dec 4, 2011
A short bus sighting! @Short Bus How goes it man?

Today I pulled the cracked 3rd brake light off the Silverado and found some rust behind it where the paint has been worn down. Sanded it and slathered touch-up paint on it. Went ahead and pulled the tail lights, did the same thing where some surface rust was on the edges (other rust on the thick steel brackets I can't do much with at 45 degrees). Letting it cure before I put the new lights in place.

Short Bus

Dec 2, 2011
A short bus sighting! @Short Bus How goes it man?

Today I pulled the cracked 3rd brake light off the Silverado and found some rust behind it where the paint has been worn down. Sanded it and slathered touch-up paint on it. Went ahead and pulled the tail lights, did the same thing where some surface rust was on the edges (other rust on the thick steel brackets I can't do much with at 45 degrees). Letting it cure before I put the new lights in place.
All in all not bad, just the same ol' shit that life has been throwing my way (more my wife's way, but we get the splatter)

Sparky

Dec 4, 2011
I want a compressor. The one that somebody gave me isn't reasonably fixable.

Blckshdw

Nov 20, 2011
Tampa Bay Area, FL
Depends on how it broke. With mine, the soldered parts weren't the ones that broke, it was the board that read where the slider was, that broke in 2. :sadcry:

HVAC00.jpg

Sparky

Dec 4, 2011
It usually destroys the front part of the slider (track etc). The rear side of the slider typically stays soldered in.

Reactions: Trkdrvremt

djthumper

Administrator
Nov 20, 2011
North Las Vegas
Mf things n such

Got a new 36 gallon compressor used to work on gingy :yes:
Mine just died too. It was a Campbell Hausefield... Need to shop around to see what is out there.

Blckshdw

Nov 20, 2011
Tampa Bay Area, FL
I've been shopping for one myself. Had my eye on a small 3 gallon Campbell Hausfield, but then I started looking at bigger ones, cuz I know as soon as I get air power, I'm gonna want air tools. At least be able to run a ratchet...

littleblazer

Jul 6, 2014
The 33 (30?) gallon husky/kobalt/harbor freight is supposedly really good for the money. belt drive vs direct and such. Been looking to buy one for my dad since the craftsman now takes forever to fill and leaks pretty bad.

As far as my truck, I checked and topped off the oil. It used a little over a quart over like 5k but there is a decent amount of seepage from the valve cover.

fletch09

Nov 20, 2011
got my exhaust tip welded back on. last week it was only hanging by a thread.
had rusted out at the weld, at the tip. lasted 7 years in the Chicago winters.
original tip was able to be reused, they just cut off the bad part.
took it 2 local Midas shops, they wanted $99 & $85. (reusing the original tip) wound up at Valesquez Muffler & Brakes. They had done muffler back Duals years ago on my 03 EXT. they only charged w/ tax $32.00.
picture makes it look off centered, but it's not.
exhausrt tip 2-29-16 001.jpg

BlazingTrails

Apr 27, 2014
got my exhaust tip welded back on. last week it was only hanging by a thread.
had rusted out at the weld, at the tip. lasted 7 years in the Chicago winters.
original tip was able to be reused, they just cut off the bad part.
took it 2 local Midas shops, they wanted $99 & $85. (reusing the original tip) wound up at Valesquez Muffler & Brakes. They had done muffler back Duals years ago on my 03 EXT. they only charged w/ tax $32.00.
picture makes it look off centered, but it's not.
View attachment 74565

I would have done it for $31.50 :yes:

fletch09

Nov 20, 2011
replaced my pass. side headlight (silverstar ultra).
because i have the k & n intake, was able to do it w/o pulling headlight assy.:wooot:

Mounce

Mar 29, 2014
Tuscaloosa, AL
Last week sometime threw my new corner lamp leds in.. New on left, old white led on right.

20160227_181101_HDR_zpsete3umtp.jpg

Today, tore into it and did the cap mod and installed hid lows and a corresponding relay harness. That rear seat is one awkward SOB, had to pull it because ext.

20160302_171438_HDR_zpsoen8qs5i.jpg

20160302_204955_HDR_zps58zhekq4.jpg

Will be getting new headlights whenever _____ company gets them back in Stock and redeem my 15% off from their mess up of taking my money then not mentioning that there's a 3-8 week wait till they're back in Stock until I messaged them asking why it hadn't shipped.

Capote

Supporting Donor
Jul 14, 2014
Atlanta, GA
Oil changeIMG_20160302_162935.jpg

Blckshdw

Nov 20, 2011
Tampa Bay Area, FL
After seeing another member mention some rough idle issues were resolved by discovering and clearing oil from one of the plug wells, I decided to check mine. Found what appeared to be oil droplets on the middle 4 well walls, and a little bit of a puddle in the bottom of #3. Just a tiny ring. Decided not to mess with it further, and put the coils back on.

90 minutes later, went for a drive. Engine fired up quicker, and it seemed to idle smoother. True test will be to see how the morning commute goes.
wish.gif

That rear seat is one awkward SOB

You ain't lying!! First time I had to pull mine, I tweaked my back! :hissyfit:

Capote

Supporting Donor
Jul 14, 2014
Atlanta, GA
Its all about that SWB life son

HARDTRAILZ

Nov 18, 2011
Looked at it longingly as I drove away in the Impala. Some days i wish I had a shorter commute and could afford to drive it everyday.

Blckshdw

Nov 20, 2011
Tampa Bay Area, FL
Can I flip the script for a minute? How about what my GMT did to ME today!!

It scared the :lipsrsealed: out of me when I fired it up this morning. Heard this loud clacking sound, audible from the cabin with the windows up. The first thing I thought of was the rocks in a coffee can analogy I've seen mentioned. When my heart started beating again, I pulled out into the driveway, popped the hood and took a look. No leaks, no unwanted movement by the fan.

After a minute, the sound started to reduce it's frequency, and it seemed like it was coming from somewhere around the grille. Couldn't find it, and was late for work, so went on my way. Got to a stop light, and noticed no HIDs on the back of the car in front of me, but the interior was still lit up from the auto lights. Uh oh!

Got home a little while ago, flipped on the headlights, and sure enough the projectors weren't lit. Popped the hood, and laughed. When I loosened the battery bolt extension to add back the under hood lighting spade connector, I didn't tighten the nut down enough, and the relay harness spade connector fell out. So the clacking I was hearing earlier was the relays not getting enough power, and continuing to cycle until the connector came all the way off.

Replaced it, torqued down the retaining nut, and all is right with the world again. :cool:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vulcantoolman

Members Online