What did you do to your GMT today?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Matt

Dec 2, 2011
Just finished a 500+ mile round trip to Niagara Falls with my wife for our 10th Anniversary. Truck ran like a champ. Now waiting till the neighbour gets home so I can get my mail from him and get the new ballasts inthe fogs.

redleg6

Apr 10, 2012
limped home 49 miles after finding out either the power steering pump or lines went bad, too hot to get under it right now

*weekend shot*

Sparky

Dec 4, 2011
Cracked open the new bottle of touch up paint and covered up some bare spots from chips on the wheel well and door edges of the Silverado.

Stewzer55

Feb 15, 2014
Backstory: Last night making a short trip to get a little beer grinding sound from underneath, stopped tried putting it in park, restarting, shifting transfer case still kept coming back. Called AAA and got it home.

Today determined that my transmission is probably done. 87K miles, Loud grinding in reverse and drive over 5mph. Luckily I do have another vehicle I can DD until I can get this fixed.

paulcmartin

May 13, 2013
My ac levels 1 and 5 stopped working. Replaced the blower motor resistor. Now it's fine, going to do a fan clutch test next

Reactions: xavierny25 and Sib

Eric04

Dec 3, 2014
West Michigan
Cleaned the throttle body. No complaints with how it was running but one of those things that I've no idea whether it had been done before I bought it at 67k. There was a nice black halo around the butterfly... Rainy day best spent in the garage anyhow. Think I'll rotate the tires too.

Attachments

• WP_20150829_14_24_11_Pro.jpg
    WP_20150829_14_24_11_Pro.jpg
    182.6 KB · Views: 28

littleblazer

Jul 6, 2014
Washed it, took off the box, vacuumed the inside, washed the inside and febreezed the whole thing.

Capote

Supporting Donor
Jul 14, 2014
Atlanta, GA
Replaced mirror turn signal bulbs with super yellow LEDs, to match my switchbacks

Reactions: Sib and Blckshdw

DAlastDON

Apr 6, 2014
Kentucky
Put the rod from the key lock to the door latch back in place. Got real when i shut the door to try it out and i did not have the lock rod properly routed around the outside door handle rod and it popped the key lock rod out when i pulled up on the handle. At the same time i did not have the inside door handle rods on correctly either. It was locked and would not unlock. Glad i had not reinstalled the door panel yet. Had to get in the passenger side and feel around and unlock the door at the door latch.

DAlastDON

Apr 6, 2014
Kentucky
Exchanged the power steering fluid. Cycled a gallon through using a turkey baster to siphon the reservoir after turning the wheels back and forth fifteen times. Started off it was black with a strong odor. It is now a honey color. Im satisfied, i doubt it would ever come out clear like it went in.

redleg6

Apr 10, 2012
visual inspection of power steering pump and there is no leakage around, which makes me think its the rack now

Rogue92

Apr 19, 2014
I cleaned out the throttle body on my '06 Trailblazer with some help from May03LT's video. I know it's an easy job, but it's nice to have reference materials the first time I do it. Unfortunately, I didn't have the magic ingredient of a wife's toothbrush since I don't have one, but it worked out alright :raspberry: Huge shout out to May03 for the videos, it makes this DIY thing much easier when you're a newb at it like me.

Also gave both the Trailblazer and K1500 a bath. The war against rust continues.

[sharedmedia=gallery:images:1362]

[sharedmedia=gallery:images:1361]

RedRocketZ28

May 16, 2014
Changed the transfer case fluid and managed to get it all over my garage floor, ha. The Rainier has a touch over 106k on it and I have owned it since 83k miles. Not sure if it had ever been done before but the fluid that came out looked just as blue as the stuff I put in. Piece of mind never hurt though.

Going to try and get the front Belltech struts in this week sometime.

Reactions: xavierny25 and Sib

Capote

Supporting Donor
Jul 14, 2014
Atlanta, GA
Ordered her some new parts

Reactions: xavierny25

Rogue92

Apr 19, 2014
Ordered parts for problems I found yesterday...like oil leaks on my K1500. And some new radiator hoses for my TB when I flush the coolant in the coming weeks...

mcsteven

Apr 18, 2012
Ordered a BAFX adapter from Mounce's recommendation. Plugged it in, connected, started the truck and I am up & running. Thanks Mounce.
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1441096700.075846.jpg

Sib said:
Took it to a friend of mines shop tonight to figure out my P0455 code. Did a smoke test and the canister vent solenoid is sticking so I'll be picking up one in the next few days. Glad it's only about $25 and easy to replace.

Also changed my oil with some Mobil 1 Full Synthetic.

Also had my buddy weld my exhaust tip on after it was only held on by some u-bolts. We cut a little off the straight pipe to tuck it back a little. Much mo betta yo!
Love my Mobil 1. Got to post pics of tip. [emoji10]

Capote said:
Ordered her some new parts
well, don't make us guess. What did you order?

gpking

Dec 27, 2013
Berkeley Springs, WV
Who would have thunk shutting a door could cost you $40?
I went to go grocery getting and as I shut my door the driver's side turn signal lens just straight dropped out of the mirror.
Upon further inspection, I discovered the plastic tab on the lens that the screw goes through was still screwed in the mirror while the lens was dangling by the wire.
I have the lens super glued to the mirror for the time being.
'The time being' being forever, because I'm not paying $40 for a replacement amber lens when it's $33 for an entire used mirror w/ amber lens on eBay.

Reactions: mcsteven and Mounce

Blckshdw

Nov 20, 2011
Tampa Bay Area, FL
gpking said:
Who would have thunk shutting a door could cost you $40?
I went to go grocery getting and as I shut my door the driver's side turn signal lens just straight dropped out of the mirror.
Upon further inspection, I discovered the plastic tab on the lens that the screw goes through was still screwed in the mirror while the lens was dangling by the wire.
I have the lens super glued to the mirror for the time being.
'The time being' being forever, because I'm not paying $40 for a replacement amber lens when it's $33 for an entire used mirror w/ amber lens on eBay.
:yikes: Good lord, the amber ones cost now, as much as the clear ones cost back when I bought them. That's :crazy:

DAlastDON

Apr 6, 2014
Kentucky
Cleaned the throttle body. First time i have cleaned it. Sprayed the MAF down with some cleaner. Changed the air filter. Also ran half a can of sea foam through the brake booster line and put the other half in the fuel tank when i filled up.

Throttle body before...

Front was fairly clean.

20150905_152658_zps6kdxzdqo.jpg

Rear was nasty like it had never been cleaned.

20150905_152642_zpsc0h3wgwb.jpg

After.

Front.

20150905_160327_zps1owuphvm.jpg

Rear looks much better.

20150905_160304_zpsaz9qcyl0.jpg

xavierny25

Mar 16, 2014
Staten Island, N.Y
Didn't get a chance to put these up yesterday but here you go. I started on installing shallow 8"dual coil subs in my front doors. All it takes is some mdf board,wood glue,screws,router, jig saw and a sharpy. marker.uploadfromtaptalk1441546070280.jpguploadfromtaptalk1441546116825.jpguploadfromtaptalk1441546142620.jpg
I'll get the final pics up after work today. Still got a few thing to do.

gpking

Dec 27, 2013
Berkeley Springs, WV
Blckshdw said:
:yikes: Good lord, the amber ones cost now, as much as the clear ones cost back when I bought them. That's :crazy:
Right?!
You can now get a clear lens for the same price as an entire new aftermarket mirror.

It was in the 90's today, so I went to run the a/c and got a nasty surprise when I was getting no air out of my upper vents.
I just put in a new battery so I thought the mode actuator was done, but I flipped the fan speed to "5" and it fired right up.
So I ordered a new resistor pack...

Reprise

Lifetime VIP Donor
Supporting Donor
Jul 22, 2015
Put in a new air filter, since I had no idea what condition the old one was in (turned out it wasn't bad at all, but after the conniption I had opening up the airbox, I wasn't going to close it back up w/o changing it).

OMG...3 bolts (2 different sizes), 2 screw latches, and the piece de resistance... a plastic nozzle that sits in a slot inside the airbox to route air to the filter? No wonder so many people here run CAIs. Starting to think about going that route myself.

Reactions: Sib

Capote

Supporting Donor
Jul 14, 2014
Atlanta, GA
Replaced CPAS and removed washer tank

Reactions: Sib

smt 59

Good day all, have'nt been on in a while so here is what has been done over the last little while.

Replaced upper/lower rad hoses, flush system.
Cleaned throttle body.
Replaced surpentine belt.
Washed and waxed.
Oil sprayed.
Remove cleaned/checked spare tire and put back.
Rear door weather strips cleaned and adjusted not to hang out of the door.

That's all for now.

Enjoy

Reactions: Sib and Capote

mcsteven

Apr 18, 2012
On my way to fill it up today, I see something odd coming at me pretty fast. There were two vehicles. One looked a little familiar, the other I was sure of. I could hear the rumble from a distance. A while later, I was able to grab some pics of one of the cars; the other was long gone. These were after we hit another highway that had some traffic.

A Shelby Truck was coming down the highway and a 9-7x Aero was on it's tail. As soon as the lane opened up, the SAAB let the Ford know who was really king of the hill. You could hear the SAAB wasn't stock, but hey - the Shelby might be factory, but it's not stock either.

IMG_3413.jpg
IMG_3414.jpg
IMG_3409.jpg

xavierny25

Mar 16, 2014
Staten Island, N.Y
Ordered motor mounts, harmonic balancer and removal tool for the envoy. $265 on amazon luckly free shipping. This truck is great but it's draining my bank account. can we say money pit. Lol. To say the least I'm saving a ton doing as much I can my-damn-self. Oh and thanks to you guys, your great.[emoji106]

HARDTRAILZ

Nov 18, 2011
Fed it more power steering fluid agian

Matt

Dec 2, 2011
HARDTRAILZ said:
Fed it more power steering fluid agian
You might be needing to take care of that soon.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fishermandude

Members Online