Status
Not open for further replies.

HARDTRAILZ

Nov 18, 2011
Matt has a rack for me at some point.

Reactions: Matt

68impalacp

Jul 20, 2013
Did the quad tail light mod in my free time. Also replaced some of the switches with the purple uv leds. Pretty sure I burn a board or two as well. Not the easiest thing in the world to do.

Reactions: BlazingTrails

xavierny25

Mar 16, 2014
Staten Island, N.Y
Solved one of my voys annoying rattles. Muffler heat shield came down on the muffler 1 washer and done. Although there are another 2 that I didn't get to but it will do for now.uploadfromtaptalk1442072113746.jpguploadfromtaptalk1442072130913.jpg

Sparky

Dec 4, 2011
Gave the Trailblazer some needed TLC. Cut out the rotted part of the low pressure PS line and replaced with fuel hose like the first section that failed on me last year. No leaks again! High pressure line is in bad shape too but so far it is holding. Can't really patch that line anyway. Then I remembered I had bought spark plugs for it a year ago when they were on sale so I went ahead and put them in as they were due anyway. Saw nothing out of the ordinary on the old plugs so that's always a good sign. Cleaned the throttle body while I was at it also.

Found a wet spot in the interior carpet right next to the fake pedal on the driver side floor. No idea where that water came from, and when I pulled up the carpet around that area nothing else is wet underneath! I don't understand.

Capote

Supporting Donor
Jul 14, 2014
Atlanta, GA
Entered 2015 Ft.Stewart Car & Bike Show, unfortunately lost Best SUV/Truck to a ghetto pimped pair consisting of an H2 & Dodge Ram

Attachments

• IMG_20150912_114512.jpg
    IMG_20150912_114512.jpg
    152.5 KB · Views: 37
  • IMG_20150912_122816.jpg
    IMG_20150912_122816.jpg
    104.8 KB · Views: 38
  • IMG_20150912_112018.jpg
    IMG_20150912_112018.jpg
    122.2 KB · Views: 40

BlazingTrails

Apr 27, 2014
Don't none of them fools know how to present a car. Man whenever we have a chance to enter a carshow together ima show you how to do it right. Presentation is 9/10th of the battle lol

♦ Need a nice little sign talking about some of the mods
♦ Spec sheet
♦ Mirrors
♦ use something cool to hold your hood open like a nicely painted shock, or spring, or some shit like mcguires can so you look sponsored (lol)
♦ DO NOT TOUCH cards :yes:
♦ I used to have a set of those tire blocks that said yokohama on them. of course you can get different stickers for different brand tires if necessary.

$_1.JPG

maxresdefault.jpg

Capote

Supporting Donor
Jul 14, 2014
Atlanta, GA
BlazingTrails said:
Don't none of them fools know how to present a car. Man whenever we have a chance to enter a carshow together ima show you how to do it right. Presentation is 9/10th of the battle lol

♦ Need a nice little sign talking about some of the mods
♦ Spec sheet
♦ Mirrors
♦ use something cool to hold your hood open like a nicely painted shock, or spring, or some shit like mcguires can so you look sponsored (lol)
♦ DO NOT TOUCH cards :yes:
♦ I used to have a set of those tire blocks that said yokohama on them. of course you can get different stickers for different brand tires if necessary.

$_1.JPG

maxresdefault.jpg
Only thing anyone did like that was the 2 ghetto trucks I lost to...but it was only trophies lined up. Yeah I should of asked you for tips beforehand. I'm happy that I got several compliments and onlookers. It was interesting to start off a conversation by saying "oh no its not an SS, just has some pieces that are SS" lol

Reactions: BlazingTrails

paulcmartin

May 13, 2013
Finished my day by detailing the interior and leveling the headlights. They've been slightly off since I replaced my headlight assembly

Grimor

Mar 28, 2013
put on new moog 2500 tie rods, and swapped the spare tire on. got it close enough by eye ball I got the same measurement across on front and rear of tire. drives straight with steering wheel only a tiny bit off. not even sure if i want to take it to the shop

also got the bars back on the sides, got tired of lifting kids in and out. stops being funny pretty quick lol

HARDTRAILZ

Nov 18, 2011
Wire brushed and painted frame and sliders, cleaned off skids, changed oil, halfass wash job, new taillights, popped off belt and tried to figure out which pully is making noise, but all felt good and none seemed to want to present itself as culprit.

xavierny25

Mar 16, 2014
Staten Island, N.Y
Ordered all 4 new bilstein hd shocks. This envoy is way deep in my pockets now.

Also ordered a fan clutch with blade for $100 from a local salvage yard. I'm hoping to put a stop to the jet engine sound under my hood.[emoji120]

Reactions: Capote

Sparky

Dec 4, 2011
Drove it to work today. Mine has the opposite problem - the fan barely spins half the time and the SES light keeps popping on for fan under speed lol.

xavierny25

Mar 16, 2014
Staten Island, N.Y
Took her to pick up my used clutch fan. Looks like I'm going to be busy on friday. Fan clutch, motor mounts, shocks and harmonic balancer. Don't bother calling I'm going to be up in this envoy like white on rice. Lol

Reactions: mcsteven and Capote

xavierny25

Mar 16, 2014
Staten Island, N.Y
xavierny25 said:
Took her to pick up my used clutch fan. Looks like I'm going to be busy on friday. Fan clutch, motor mounts, shocks and harmonic balancer. Don't bother calling I'm going to be up in this envoy like white on rice. Lol
Forgot to post pics. uploadfromtaptalk1442370944034.jpguploadfromtaptalk1442370953624.jpg

xavierny25

Mar 16, 2014
Staten Island, N.Y
MAY03LT said:
attachicon.gif
20150916_120714.jpg

Said goodbye to the resonator. I don't know if it was because my Sawzall blades are worn or what but cutting that thing off sucked.
I'm thinking it was the blade cause I had a spanking new one on my sawzall and it cut right threw with no problem. It did vibrate a bit at first but I shoved the new piece of pipe I had between the muffler pipe and body of the truck and had my brother-in-law hold it while I cut threw.

Reactions: MAY03LT

Capote

Supporting Donor
Jul 14, 2014
Atlanta, GA
Rewiring gauges and LED strips, cleaning things up. Moved RPM gauge to pillar

Reactions: Blckshdw and Sib

HARDTRAILZ

Nov 18, 2011
Bought a compliment of fluids for it. Scored oil for $21 a case! Stocked the garage with diff, brake, steering, trans fluids so I would have any needs on hand.

Capote

Supporting Donor
Jul 14, 2014
Atlanta, GA
Asked it, "BatBlazer....Y U no stop leaking PS Fluid...? Me and Brandon try help you maynnnee"

Reactions: xavierny25

Blckshdw

Nov 20, 2011
Tampa Bay Area, FL
Used it to haul a truck load of acoustic insulation foam home from work. Our old sound booth was converted into an office, and the stuff was piled into a back room. Checked with the owners, they told me to have at it, and take as much as I wanted. :biggrin:

:undecided: Now just have to figure out how I want to attach it to the glass, that won't make it a PIA to remove when it's time to move out. Hmm.. Double sided tape is seeming like the best idea so far...

20150917_153501.jpg

xavierny25

Mar 16, 2014
Staten Island, N.Y
Since I got alot to do in the front end of the envoy tomorrow I decided to put in the new rear shocks.
Hmm just a heads up I have a life time warranty on the old kyb shocks. I think ima going to drop by and switch them out. If anyone wants to go that route with the kyb shocks let me know. uploadfromtaptalk1442534629082.jpg

Reactions: Mounce

Capote

Supporting Donor
Jul 14, 2014
Atlanta, GA
Mounce said:
Dangerous jack point, js. At least you're using jack stands though. Good idea on the old shocks lol.
At least he's got a wheel under there too

xavierny25

Mar 16, 2014
Staten Island, N.Y
Mounce said:
Dangerous jack point, js. At least you're using jack stands though. Good idea on the old shocks lol.
Not really. I had a jack stand on the frame , jack stand on the rear end,tire under the frame. I just used that jack to hold the rear diff from coming down and stretching or f - in up my brake lines.

Capote

Supporting Donor
Jul 14, 2014
Atlanta, GA
Chased a Camaro SS around that has what sounded like glasspacks, then played follow the Dodge Challenger that wants to race at every green light

xavierny25

Mar 16, 2014
Staten Island, N.Y
One more final thing before the wifey has me sleep in the truck tonight. Lol

My moog sway bar end links went to shit. What a waste of money didn't even last six months. Decide to go with energy suspension. They worked great on my 1969 camaro rebuild. uploadfromtaptalk1442631791503.jpguploadfromtaptalk1442631924663.jpgAnd 1 more pic of spring removal. today.uploadfromtaptalk1442631947208.jpg

Matt

Dec 2, 2011
Installed the centre concole pin I got from MikeJr. Works a lot better than the bolt I was using.

Reactions: xavierny25

24v 4.2

Jan 16, 2013
Got the Aero tuned yesterday. Interesting info the tuner found:

1. The Saab PCM runs a different OS than the SS
2. The Aero has a "luxury tune", all the parameters are set for soft/smooth driving (a lot different than an SS stock tune)

Big difference from the street tune! Very happy with the results.

The tuner flew in from TX and tuned 6 FL trucks, one was another Aero. An SRT8 was driving by and saw the SS group, so he stopped by for a while.

20150919_152016.jpg

Reprise

Lifetime VIP Donor
Supporting Donor
Jul 22, 2015
Picked up a battery last night and installed it today.

Took care to turn off A/C, turn fan down, turn off HVAC entirely, and have the battery disconnected as little time as possible (wonder who thought that having the battery cables retain the box was a good idea???) Dresses up the engine compartment nicely, but other than that, I don't see the point (yeah, I know there's a cooling hose - had to take it off / reconnect it).

Can of throttle body cleaner was at the ready in case I needed it - but it ran like a top afterward (which was good, b/c I didn't have the right Torx bolt at hand for the manifold / TB cover).

Unfortunately, I lost all vent air after the actuators / teeth went a-clicking for what must have been a minute and a half (and it apparently repeats that cycle at key-on every time now).

Yep - ALL of the dash vents went out. :duh: :hissyfit: :sadcry:

At least the worst part of summer is over.

To add insult to injury, the existing battery was dated 10/14. Probably had enough juice to get me through this winter - the load test supposedly showed it marginal, so I figured I'd be proactive and replace it before the winter came, because I tend to only drive this on the weekends right now.

Wish I'd never touched it now (not having any dash air really, really sucks) :no:

Oh, and I got one of those Duplicolor touch-up pens and took care of all the chips on the door edges - including the tailgate, where the cancer seems to start on these (pass. side corner). Thankfully, mine is pretty rust-free, especially where the body's concerned. Ripped the paint container out of the holder trying to open the 'brush' end - but thankfully the little 'pen' end was enough to do the job for what I needed it for.

Boricua SS

Nov 20, 2011
Ohio
Have the beaSSt out looking for some prey before i get ready to park her for the season here soon.. Temps are dropping fast here in Ohio (high of 67 today), so she'll be in hibernation. I am my parents house right now with her..

also did what every garage queen deserves... gave her a good polishing..

20150920_160408_zpskxytdmsi.jpg

20150920_155324_zpsatpg5ist.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fishermandude

Members Online