What did you do to your GMT today?

Status
Not open for further replies.

blazinlow89

Jan 25, 2012
I discovered last night I have coolant coming out from who the hell knows where. I am assuming the Radiator cap went bad as there was a small pool of fluid in the corner of the shroud near the cap, and the fan has been spraying it around. Only the upper part of the blades had residue on them. I also did not see any leaks from other spots but I may need to dig further. So wish me luck and cross some fingers.

CaptainKD

Jan 13, 2012
Eastern NC
Today:
-Washed
-Vacuumed
-Filled Tire Pressure
-Hardwired Radar Detector
-Quad Beam Mod
-Auto Fog Mod
-Rear Window Handle Delete
-Installed AUX / XM port (works perfect with TomTom iPhone cradle :thumbsup:)

Last Weekend:
-Exhaust Resonator Delete

Weekend Before:
-Tinted Windows

Looks like it's time to find more to add to the mod list, yikes! :biggrin:

Regulator

Nov 20, 2011

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1331502450999.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1331502450999.jpg
    39.4 KB · Views: 124

blazinlow89

Jan 25, 2012
Regulator said:
This

View attachment 4869

Pictured is the artist, Bartonmd

Sent from my SCH-I510 using Tapatalk

So is he like the Stig, you only see him with a welding helmet on.

Think I fixed the leak, upper hose clamp was locked in the open position, coolant was dripping out of the loose hose end, onto the shroud and fan causing stuff to spray over the engine and everything else. We shall see.

Bartonmd

Nov 20, 2011
Got started on Regulator's front bumper, today...

IMAG0624.jpg

IMAG0656.jpg

IMAG0657.jpg

MichEnvoyGuy

Dec 3, 2011
blazinlow89 said:
I discovered last night I have coolant coming out from who the hell knows where. I am assuming the Radiator cap went bad as there was a small pool of fluid in the corner of the shroud near the cap, and the fan has been spraying it around. Only the upper part of the blades had residue on them. I also did not see any leaks from other spots but I may need to dig further. So wish me luck and cross some fingers.

Hmmm...having the same exact problem. I replaced the upper radiator hose and clamps and its still doing it. Im going to replace the radiator cap next...

blazinlow89

Jan 25, 2012
MichEnvoyGuy said:
Hmmm...having the same exact problem. I replaced the upper radiator hose and clamps and its still doing it. Im going to replace the radiator cap next...

I drove it for 20-30 miles and nothing else leaked out that I could tell, the fan sprays sh!t everywhere. I still smell coolant when I walk near the hood though the damn hood liner has a nice line of the stuff :hissyfit:. I am going to keep an eye on it and make sure but I hope it is good.

DJones

Jan 21, 2012
St. Petersburg, Florida
TexazReece said:
Finally made it to the bodyshop inorder to get my 9-7x roof rails ... painted

What's to be painted? Did you get the pewter ones and want the silver?

STLtrailbSS said:
ordered some new brighter LED dome lights

My next set LED's can't be purchased. I have to custom build them. Calculations show 1,271 lumens total.

Bartonmd said:
Got started on Regulator's front bumper, today...

Looks like some good work there.

TexazReece

Dec 4, 2011
barron03 said:
It is a GM one. Part number 12497605 .

Best front bar to me...............I got the silver colored 9-7x rails and wanted them summit white they didn't look good on the truck in silver

FlyingFischer

Dec 4, 2011
Spokane, WA
Pulled my Pioneer AVH-P3100 out and installed my new Kenwood KDC-X995. Sound quality is awesome compared to my Pioneer.

Voymom

Feb 3, 2012
Took him out for a drive...

STLtrailbSS

Dec 4, 2011
FlyingFischer said:
Pulled my Pioneer AVH-P3100 out and installed my new Kenwood KDC-X995. Sound quality is awesome compared to my Pioneer.

Kenwood HUs! Always My Favorite and first choice.

broke down my dash and just learned that the headlight switch is going to be a PITA so the LEDS will wait till tomorrow after work.

HARDTRAILZ

Nov 18, 2011
re-mounted the hi-lift and took it for a cruise.

Sparky

Dec 4, 2011
FlyingFischer said:

Interesting, I've never liked kenwood stuff too much. Decks were ok, speakers sounded muddy compared to similarly priced Pioneers, etc... So I tend to stick with Pioneer.
I'm also no audiophile hehe.

FlyingFischer

Dec 4, 2011
Spokane, WA
Sparky said:
Interesting, I've never liked kenwood stuff too much. Decks were ok, speakers sounded muddy compared to similarly priced Pioneers, etc... So I tend to stick with Pioneer.
I'm also no audiophile hehe.

I was never a Kenwood fan either, but one of my old coworkers works at an audio shop now and talked me into this deck. I was always an Alpine fan.

But this deck has surprised me in almost anyway a radio can. Haha

Plus there is something else I am adding to my radio setup(trying to keep it a secret for now) and this deck had the best options that fit the bill then other brands.

Regulator

Nov 20, 2011
I started to tear down the totaled truck that is sitting in my garage. I was told I needed to move fast, the wife wants her garage back.

Juicy K

Feb 14, 2012
Indianapolis, Indiana
Ordered a set of Treadwright Pumas, :wootwoot: and also ordered a couple of things the Miata and Bravada could both use, I ordered from Chemical Guys , Blacklight glaze sealant, and the V7 spray sealant. :biggrin: Still have to order clay, and a good wheel cleaner, thinking Sonax, unless anybody else knows of something better.

DJones

Jan 21, 2012
St. Petersburg, Florida
Matt, where are the pictures? I always wanted to buy a salvage. The one company that I was going to buy from wouldn't take my money.

Ever since I started messing around with my tail lights, I've always had a corrosion issue on the electrical connector. I killed it today. My plan is to but A/M lights and customize them to my liking. There will no longer be a stupid circuit board!

MichEnvoyGuy

Dec 3, 2011
Bought this to compliment my Envoy :biggrin:

View attachment 19523

Not only did I buy it from a friend that gave me an awesome deal, but its a 1997 Four Winns Vista 278 with twin 4.3l MPI's with only 89 hours on it!!! :thumbsup:

The Kohler Generator has 3 hours....LOL. The boat is literally like brand new. Passed survey with flying colors (0% moisture in stringers & transom - some brand new boats have at least some registerable moisture!) :wootwoot:

Attachments

• Vista278.jpg
    Vista278.jpg
    26.9 KB · Views: 132

07ChevyTruck

Dec 5, 2011
Nice boat. Good Luck With It!

fishguy1123

Dec 5, 2011
MichEnvoyGuy said:
Bought this to compliment my Envoy :biggrin:

View attachment 4934

Not only did I buy it from a friend that gave me an awesome deal, but its a 1997 Four Winns Vista 278 with twin 4.3l MPI's with only 89 hours on it!!! :thumbsup:

The Kohler Generator has 3 hours....LOL. The boat is literally like brand new. Passed survey with flying colors (0% moisture in stringers & transom - some brand new boats have at least some registerable moisture!) :wootwoot:

I vote mid west meet at his place this summer! :raspberry: :wootwoot:

fishguy1123

Dec 5, 2011
Gave it a good vaccuming today... Found out I do have a drives footwell light after all! Bulb was burned out, replace it an viola! lol

07ChevyTruck

Dec 5, 2011
fishguy1123 said:
I vote mid west meet at his place this summer! :raspberry: :wootwoot:

So your saying F the GMTs in favor of a boat, beer, and good looking women in bikinis. Correct???? :undecided::wootwoot:

fishguy1123

Dec 5, 2011
07ChevyTruck said:
So your saying F the GMTs in favor of a boat, beer, and good looking women in bikinis. Correct???? :undecided::wootwoot:

In less words....YEP! :rotfl: I have a boat, but his looks like it will get more women in bikinis!!! :wootwoot:

jrSS

Dec 4, 2011
Finally installed rear wiper upgrade.
6c64805f-af9e-4bc0.jpg
looks so much better

Also washed and cleaned wheels
6c64805f-b008-73ac.jpg

Sparky

Dec 4, 2011
Pulled my serpentine and checked the pulleys for the noisy one. As I suspected, the AC pulley bearing is roasted. Good thing is I already bought a bearing a year ago when I thought it was the noise the first time (was the alternator), so I already have it. But ugh, that fan and shroud looks to be a bear to work around, or remove. It was bad enough just working around it and the upper radiator hose when loosening the tensioner. Of the 3 vehicles I've had this has been the hardest to put the belt back on.

Looks like I'll need to buy a couple tools to do this job. I don't have a 3 jaw puller and I'm not sure if I have something big enough (or long enough to get leverage) to remove the fan clutch. Hm, since I have to disconnect the upper radiator hose to get the fan and shroud out of the way, maybe I should just do several things at once...

1. Change the coolant
2. Change the thermostat and sensor (while I'm at it)
3. Change the radiator hoses (they don't look bad but they are 10 years old)
4. Replace the AC pulley bearing while I have more room to work in the front

Am I asking for trouble if I do everything all at once :rotfl:

Or I could be lazy, go to the shop, and have them do it all so I don't have to mess with it. But my wallet would hate me for it so odds are stacked against that :crazy:

Maybe I should rip off the stupid fan and clutch and do an e-fan conversion while I'm at it also. Sure, why not, what could go wrong? :bonk:

STLtrailbSS

Dec 4, 2011
IMAG0279.jpg

Looks purple but I assure you its pure white

Voymom

Feb 3, 2012
Thought about kicking it in the can....but I was lazy and took a nap instead :biggrin: Maybe on Thursday when hubby is forced to put the running boards and roof rack back on....which comes before cleaning out the garage :cool:

I'm still on restrictions until the beginning of next month GRRR I can't wait to throw on my mech jacket and get all dirty!!! I need to clean up the engine bay and make it all shiny and sparkly!!

Regulator

Nov 20, 2011
I did a lot more stripping today after I got home from work. This time I have some pictures...

P3130379.jpg

P3130383.jpg

P3130382.jpg

As you can see there is a lot missing, AC Compressor, Alternator, Power Steering Pump, Fuse Box, Wire Harnesses, Radiator (no good), Condenser (no good), fan (no good) and Fan Clutch. I also cut away most of the worthless metal on the front end to make it easier to start pulling stuff off.

The plans for tomorrow are to drain tranny, transfer case, and front diff. Pull front half shafts, spline disconnect and front diff. I may even drop the Transfer Case and Transmission if I have the time. :thumbsup:

07ChevyTruck

Dec 5, 2011
Regulator - That's one big project your taking on. :eek: Good luck with the rest of it. :thumbsup:

DJones

Jan 21, 2012
St. Petersburg, Florida
What I am NOT doing today: changing my oil to AMSOIL. The dealer hasn't been at his house the last three times I was there. I have 110% on my Mobil1, according to the OLM.

07ChevyTruck

Dec 5, 2011
DJones said:
What I am NOT doing today: changing my oil to AMSOIL. The dealer hasn't been at his house the last three times I was there. I have 110% on my Mobil1, according to the OLM.

I know an Amsoil dealer here in NJ. Would you want to try ordering from him? :undecided:

If so send me a p.m. and I can put you in touch with him. :thumbsup:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
josh Rescue

Members Online