What did you do to your GMT today?

Status
Not open for further replies.

4wVoy

Feb 4, 2012
took advantage of PCMforless' sale and ordered me a tune, $50 off till the 15th in case you don't have a tune yet :cool:

Wyle

Dec 4, 2011
Changed the axle seal in the front differential.

06Envoy

Dec 4, 2011
Two months after purchasing the PCMforLess Autocal tune, I finally got around to reading in my trucks data to send in. I expect to finally flash my computer to enjoy the benefits by months end!

Oh and I corrected my weathertech mistake....

jrSS

Dec 4, 2011
Just to let everyone know. IA spring compressor to rent only costs $54. U can have it for 30 days.

From advance auto

Short Bus

Dec 2, 2011
silvernclean said:
Just to let everyone know. IA spring compressor to rent only costs $54. U can have it for 30 days.

silvernclean said:
From advance auto

I think it's about the same at AutoZone

HARDTRAILZ

Nov 18, 2011
Stripped all the "extras" off my SS rearend so I can hopefully attempt to swap carriers and install the locker this week.

Short Bus

Dec 2, 2011
HARDTRAILZ said:
Stripped all the "extras" off my SS rearend so I can hopefully attempt to swap carriers and install the locker this week.

Is the SS rear end better or the same as the EXT rear end?

kardain

Dec 16, 2011
the "ebay special" hunter brush guard in... one of the headlight grilles was missing from the shipment, but that's OK... I didn't plan on using them anyway (still will get it in case I change my mind).

Instead of trimming the lower air dam, it was easier to just remove it altogether.

Need to add a top brace to cut down on the lateral vibration... good thing I have some aluminum stock laying around :smile:

Next step, wire up the lights.

LdSrw.jpg

jrSS

Dec 4, 2011
441e636a-0222-87b4.jpg

Here ya go harmless..applied the vinyl already(should've got silver tho, but don't look to bad)

And guys...yes I know I need to get caps for the handle delete. I will (or paint em flat black)

HARDTRAILZ

Nov 18, 2011
Short Bus said:
Is the SS rear end better or the same as the EXT rear end?

The ext is a 8.6 ring gear. The SS is a 9.5 ring gear semi-float 14 bolt used in many 3/4 ton applications. The SS's had factory 4.10s and the sensors needed for my stabilitrac. The downfall is they only came with G86 limited slip, but i got an open carrier and new lockright to swap in. Should be a nice strong setup when done.

Regulator

Nov 20, 2011
I got the aftermarket dvd player removed from the work truck and ready to put in the Bravada. I also discovered that I had to re-wire the stereo, the previous owner used blue painters tape after twisting the wires together.

Sent from my SCH-I510 using Tapatalk

stormsurge

Jan 29, 2012
Regulator said:
I got the aftermarket dvd player removed from the work truck and ready to put in the Bravada. I also discovered that I had to re-wire the stereo, the previous owner used blue painters tape after twisting the wires together.

Blue painters tape. now thats funny.

jrSS

Dec 4, 2011
Regulator said:

So...what did they paint?? Hehe

fadyasha

Dec 21, 2011
Finally got my In-Channel visors in the mail today. I'll be the first here to have em, they only sell tape on in my area. I also got the replacement center cap and headlamp washer motor. Will install them tonight and post pix :wootwoot:

STLtrailbSS

Dec 4, 2011
Regulator said:

Keys To A Stable Wiring Job

1.Wire Strippers
2.Blue Painters Tape

Industry secret for years :thumbsup:
Hopefully he atleast used the good stuff like 3M

And May you could use some more clamps I don't think you have enough just yet maybe a c-clamp to really get the blood flowing

4wVoy

Feb 4, 2012
just ordered some LED's, brake and lisence plate lights, still surfing ebay so I might end up with more lol

what's wrong with painters tape on electrical connections, mine held up fine in all my rides........ that guy should be banned from touching anything that might have to do with electronics to include speaker wire

Boricua SS

Nov 20, 2011
Ohio
well, i ordered my 3 Ohm Load Equalizers for my LED conversion of the exterior lights... was going to get them from autolumination.com, but at $7 a piece, i thought that was a little pricey for load equalizers... so i went on Ebay and found two for $9 bux.. SCORE!! lol... ill be ordering some of the lights here shortly..

WillyGood

Jan 31, 2012
4wVoy said:
took advantage of PCMforless' sale and ordered me a tune, $50 off till the 15th in case you don't have a tune yet :cool:

Was there a promo code? I'm at the check out on there site but don't see the discount.

fishguy1123

Dec 5, 2011
Changed the T Case fluid for the first time since I bought it. Driven about 5000 miles. Old fluid was pretty black... :eek: Glad I did it now!

STLtrailbSS

Dec 4, 2011
MAY03LT said:
LETS DO THIS!!:wootwoot:

3d9cef7e.jpg

Now that my friend will get the job done, great work! :thumbsup: make a write up lol

MAY03LT

Original poster
Nov 18, 2011
Delmarva
adb3ee32.jpg

Dual park boards are DONE and installed! Next project is building two dual turn/dual brake relay harnesses (one for each side).:cool:

Blckshdw

Nov 20, 2011
Tampa Bay Area, FL
MAY03LT said:
Dual park boards are DONE and installed! Next project is building two dual turn/dual brake relay harnesses (one for each side).:cool:

:undecided: Those gonna be dual park/brake/turns? I was sketching some stuff for this idea at work, but I think the control module I was coming up with would be too bulky :duh:

LDFenix

Dec 28, 2011
Finally took off that damn TrailVoy sticker and replaced it with some great GMTNation decals!

Attachments

• IMAG0540.jpg
    IMAG0540.jpg
    61.9 KB · Views: 4
  • IMAG0535.jpg
    IMAG0535.jpg
    66.3 KB · Views: 4

MAY03LT

Original poster
Nov 18, 2011
Delmarva
Blckshdw said:
:undecided: Those gonna be dual park/brake/turns? I was sketching some stuff for this idea at work, but I think the control module I was coming up with would be too bulky :duh:

Yes indeedy. PM coming your way sir.:cool:

BOOMERZ

Dec 5, 2011
was bored today and installed the rear lift blocks of marks 3" lift while i wait for my new front struts to arrive

kardain

Dec 16, 2011
MAY03LT said:

Very nice! Can't wait to see them finished.

-

After waking up late, figured I'd finish wiring the aux lights up front.

fD8F5.jpg

Just going straight off the battery for now... I have a relay somewhere in my boxes of electric miscellanea, just need to find it. The switch can hold 20a and the lights only pull a combined 3a. Also, this switch spot is temporary. It will be relocated to the overhead thingy where the sunroof switch is after I get a roof bar all set up....

Ball point pen (the clear Bic style) and a little silicone grease made easy work of getting through the firewall grommet to feed the two wires.

Of course, right when I'm almost done it starts raining... Curse you nature :banghead:

via Tapatalk

Regulator

Nov 20, 2011
LDFenix said:
Finally took off that damn TrailVoy sticker and replaced it with some great GMTNation decals!

The clear plastic over top of the GMTNation decal should come off.

I didn't do anything to my trucks today, but I did a bit to a couple of others.

Mypetropig

Dec 29, 2011
Had new tires installed, BF Goodrich Long Trail T/A's. Also had an alignment and inspection done.

fadyasha

Dec 21, 2011
I installed my in-channel visors today but bit disappointed. There's a piece hanging out from the back which didn't know was how it fits. Never noticed that before. I also got my axxess Gmos-04 and ASWC so will be installing a headunit soon enough :wootwoot:

6e219e23.jpg

This is what I was talking about

02be7d6e.jpg

445f1570.jpg

STLtrailbSS

Dec 4, 2011
Yeah that piece is weird, is it trim-able to fit in that stripping that's kind of a bummer but on the bright side your about to get the audio mod bug and Im thinking that one always hits the hardest lol good luck!

fadyasha

Dec 21, 2011
STLtrailbSS said:
Yeah that piece is weird, is it trim-able to fit in that stripping that's kind of a bummer but on the bright side your about to get the audio mod bug and Im thinking that one always hits the hardest lol good luck!

I think I might end up trimming it! I tried stuffing it in at first but then the window won't roll up :hissyfit:! the brand is AVS for members to know :lipsrsealed:

Yeh finally the audio mod bug hit me! it's been so long because i'm restricted to the units can use and have to get them locally due to frequencies in the middle east and so. Beginning of the month the new Headunit + GPS + Rear Camera and gonna replace my rear speakers that blew out forever ago and only found out recently :redface:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NicholasKit

Members Online