What did you do to your GMT today?

Status
Not open for further replies.

fireman4215

Dec 18, 2011
Put some under glow on the truck. Didn't want it to be on all the time so I wired them into the dome lights so they will light up when I unlock the truck and have the doors open. Just a courtesy light. I'm am going to wire a switch up to them so I can in fact turn them on when I want to as well. :thumbsup:

3ead9cf8.jpg

sorry for the crappy pic it was a cell pic that was zoomed in.

When it gets dark tonight I will post a video of them on and fading out when the doors shut.

4wVoy

Feb 4, 2012
07ChevyTruck said:
Thanks for serving our country. :thumbsup:

:yikes: Holy Wrong Address!!! :yikes:

Now you gotta get it to AZ. :yes:

yup, looks like i will be spending over twice what i actually paid for the springs in shipping, i'll have about $75 in shipping costs lol, gotta love it

HARDTRAILZ

Nov 18, 2011
fireman4215 said:
Put some under glow on the truck. Didn't want it to be on all the time so I wired them into the dome lights so they will light up when I unlock the truck and have the doors open. Just a courtesy light. I'm am going to wire a switch up to them so I can in fact turn them on when I want to as well. :thumbsup:

3ead9cf8.jpg

sorry for the crappy pic it was a cell pic that was zoomed in.

When it gets dark tonight I will post a video of them on and fading out when the doors shut.
Looks really good, what lights did you use?

4wVoy said:
yup, looks like i will be spending over twice what i actually paid for the springs in shipping, i'll have about $75 in shipping costs lol, gotta love it

Just leave them and order another set to ship to your home. Let someone in supply try to figure out where the hell the springs came from.

Boricua SS

Nov 20, 2011
Ohio
well i got my load equalizers in the mail today for my outside led's to correct the hyperflash problem... and DAYUM these things arre way beefier then i ever thought... dont know why they are so big, and i didnt really know what to expect... but definetly not as big as they are...

2012-02-15133805.jpg

Uncle Blazer

Dec 8, 2011
4wVoy said:
Go Hawks, have a cousin that goes to UofI, I almost went there, family in Marion, born in CR, nice touch

Have to keep it classy. I'm surprised you didnt go to UofI.....why not give up sunny AZ where it is bikini weather nearly year round to spend the worste part of the year up here in IA. Although I understand that you and your springs are not currently taking advantage of Arizona at this time. Keep your gun up and your head down.:thumbsup:

Why didnt somebody tell me to wash the inch of grime off my truck before taking a crappy picture with my cell phone?

07ChevyTruck

Dec 5, 2011
4wVoy said:

I'm going to start counting how many ways that sucx. :crazy:

Voymom

Feb 3, 2012
Hubby and I have quite the *To Do* list for Phantom, and we're waiting for some decent weather to do these things in.

But I was wondering, how do I lower my ass to match the front? Is it easy or hard? Can it be done with just one person and a few hand tools? I'm not even sure if the ass is higher or not lol He says yes, I said no, then he said no and I said yes.

jrSS

Dec 4, 2011
Voymom said:
Hubby and I have quite the *To Do* list for Phantom, and we're waiting for some decent weather to do these things in.

But I was wondering, how do I lower my ass to match the front? Is it easy or hard? Can it be done with just one person and a few hand tools? I'm not even sure if the ass is higher or not lol He says yes, I said no, then he said no and I said yes.

Does ur voy have bags or coils(springs)?? If bags there is a sensor u adjust for the bags to drop the ass. If coils u need lowering coils+new shocks.

Short Bus

Dec 2, 2011
Voymom said:

Do you have bags or springs? If you have bags it's a free mod.

Voymom

Feb 3, 2012
Short Bus said:
Do you have bags or springs? If you have bags it's a free mod.

Springs...

jrSS

Dec 4, 2011
And smitty has a lowering kit for sale (ground force) for sale if ur interested.

Voymom

Feb 3, 2012
silvernclean said:
And smitty has a lowering kit for sale (ground force) for sale if ur interested.

Well if it will require me to get new springs or a lowering kit I will hold off on it. I can't make up my mind if I want to lower or lift. According to how tall I am I should have it lowered lol, but i'm stubborn. I'm going to install the running boards next weekend from High Voltage and see if it makes much of a difference on how low the truck appears to be. I would just hate to do a mod out of impulse, waste the money just to hate it. So i'm going to hold off until I can make up my mind. I suppose the hubby has a long enough list as it is anyways lol. Might as well cut him some slack....for now.

MichEnvoyGuy

Dec 3, 2011
Today I ordered by PCM4Less tune! :wootwoot:

Voymom

Feb 3, 2012
MichEnvoyGuy said:
Today I ordered by PCM4Less tune! :wootwoot:

I want one so bad! I WILL have it by this summer :smile:

MichEnvoyGuy

Dec 3, 2011
Voymom said:
I want one so bad! I WILL have it by this summer :smile:

When you come back to the D to visit, Ill let you drive mine and try it out! :thumbsup:

Voymom

Feb 3, 2012
MichEnvoyGuy said:
When you come back to the D to visit, Ill let you drive mine and try it out! :thumbsup:

Sounds like a plan!

fireman4215

Dec 18, 2011
I installed LED under glow on my truck and wired them into the cabin lights to fade off when i close my door. I am going to wire in a override switch to turn them on while the doors are closed.*

Its been raining here so the car is dirty*

07c451dd.jpg

6a531f78.jpg

Lights under the door

79ec82b1.jpg

c31de7b0.jpg

From the front with the doors open.*

Video of Fade out.

High Voltage

Nov 18, 2011
Voymom said:
Well if it will require me to get new springs or a lowering kit I will hold off on it. I can't make up my mind if I want to lower or lift. According to how tall I am I should have it lowered lol, but i'm stubborn. I'm going to install the running boards next weekend from High Voltage and see if it makes much of a difference on how low the truck appears to be. I would just hate to do a mod out of impulse, waste the money just to hate it. So i'm going to hold off until I can make up my mind. I suppose the hubby has a long enough list as it is anyways lol. Might as well cut him some slack....for now.

Well when I bring you the boards and you see what a lifted one looks like you'll definatly want to go UP!!:biggrin:
I'll let you take it for a spin and you'll be sold!:yes:

fireman4215

Dec 18, 2011
Blckshdw said:
:eek: DAYUM that's a lotta LEDs!!! I approve!! :2thumbsup::wootwoot:

I know looks sweet! That's why I want a override switch so I can turn them on while driving.

STLtrailbSS

Dec 4, 2011
High Voltage said:
Well when I bring you the boards and you see what a lifted one looks like you'll definatly want to go UP!!:biggrin:
I'll let you take it for a spin and you'll be sold!:yes:

Dont let him corrupt you, you want that LS2 look SS Style :rotfl: Seriously an XL I would LIFT it just seems more fitting

ItsOnVoy

Nov 21, 2011
Blckshdw said:
:eek: DAYUM that's a lotta LEDs!!! I approve!! :2thumbsup::wootwoot:

:hail::iagree: Those are badass man!! I wish I had skills to do LED's like that because I would love to do under the doors :yes:

STLtrailbSS

Dec 4, 2011
ItsOnVoy said:
:hail::iagree: Those are badass man!! I wish I had skills to do LED's like that because I would love to do under the doors :yes:

Voy You have skill if you can wire a speaker you can send some wires through the door. GO for IT! Im pricing some led strips as we speak this site is burning holes in my pay pal account slowly but surely lol.

fireman4215

Dec 18, 2011
STLtrailbSS said:
Voy You have skill if you can wire a speaker you can send some wires through the door. GO for IT! Im pricing some led strips as we speak this site is burning holes in my pay pal account slowly but surely lol.

I agree it was very simple. I ran some wire up to my cabin lights and just simply tied in to the existing wire. The switch I'm planning on putting in will be simple as well.

4wVoy

Feb 4, 2012
I almost did it, almost went a day without buying something, seems like every day the past week I have bought something. Today it was HID's, low and fog. I want to especially thank voymom for starting that post and also everyone else that had a push in that thread, not like I wasnt planning on them later on

Mark20

Dec 6, 2011
Ordered some LEDs for the license plate and backup lites.

fireman4215

Dec 18, 2011
4wVoy said:
I almost did it, almost went a day without buying something, seems like every day the past week I have bought something. Today it was HID's, low and fog. I want to especially thank voymom for starting that post and also everyone else that had a push in that thread, not like I wasnt planning on them later on
I know how ya feel everytime I open this page up I get new ideas on where to spend money. Ha
Just put HIDs in my highs and fogs. With the quad headlight mod it looks great.

TexazReece

Dec 4, 2011
Are you going to use your side door moldings to cover up the screw holes like one guy did, I think there's a thread or how to on it here or on OS

Djordan2

Feb 5, 2012
Here is a pic of the roof rack removal I did this morning... At work right now so can't take many pictures.. Please excuse the dirt it's been raining as you can tell.. For now I used some 6mm screws to plug the holes..

Attachments

• ImageUploadedByTapatalk1329418214.745724.jpg
    ImageUploadedByTapatalk1329418214.745724.jpg
    7.9 KB · Views: 97

07ChevyTruck

Dec 5, 2011
fireman4215 - Those lights look sweet. :cool:

SAR85

Jan 31, 2012
On Monday I changed my oil. Last night I decoded my VIN and RPO codes and discovered I have a G80! I had never checked but kind of assumed I didn't. I was even looking in to adding one, so that was a nice surprise.

TB360

Dec 29, 2011
and will be installing it tonight :smile:

wheelmain.jpg

wheel2.jpg

wheel3.jpg

wheel5.jpg

07ChevyTruck

Dec 5, 2011
Nice aftermarket stearing wheel. :thumbsup:

4wVoy

Feb 4, 2012
well i shipped out my Z71 springs that went to the wrong addy, $71 later they are in route to my house. Springs $35, shipping $35, shipping pt 2 $71 for a grand total of $141 and probably the most expensive Z71 used springs ever lol

also ordered a relay for my DRL killer

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Delano1981

Members Online