Not open for further replies.

djthumper

Administrator
Nov 20, 2011
North Las Vegas
kardain said:
Moar led goodness came in the mail today (soda can is for scale):

EuQ0d.jpg

Waiting on the center guard to show up so I can get these mounted.

Where did you get those from?

06Envoy

Dec 4, 2011
Brought my Envoy into the shop today.
It got four all new Dealership OEM shocks.
Front and Rear Dealership OEM swaybar bushings and swaybar end links.
Worked like a charm, my clunking over bumps is gone! The riding a waterbed feeling is also gone! Yay!

I also ordered up halo projector headlamps and led taillights for my wife's TB today.
Wifey's Decepticon emblems showed up yesterday!
I ordered up my Autobot emblems today as well!
yes, we are geeks here....

I've been spending hours trying to find a ported Throttle body for my 5.3l.... no luck so far....

EDIT: Oh, I forgot, I ordered up a set of Weathertech floormats for both trucks today....Just the fronts for wifey, and a complete set for me. :wink:

HARDTRAILZ

Nov 18, 2011
06Envoy said:
It got four all new Dealership OEM shocks.
Front and Rear Dealership OEM swaybar bushings and swaybar end links.
Worked like a charm, my clunking over bumps is gone! The riding a waterbed feeling is also gone! Yay!

Surprised you did not take the opportunity to upgrade these parts. The stock shocks are pretty poor overall and the endlinks are prone to failure as you experienced.

07ChevyTruck

Dec 5, 2011
Man these temp changes here made the ride on my 07 feel like one tire was going down or the lugs were not tight enough. It :eek: out of me.

fireman4215

Dec 18, 2011
I installed new HIDs in my High beams and Fog lights.

7d0d9261.jpg

Also installed some aftermarket fog lights too with a switch.

b475eabb.jpg

07ChevyTruck

Dec 5, 2011
fireman4215 - Those are nice and bright. :eek:

ItsOnVoy

Nov 21, 2011
I finally got a car wash!!! I think I got a good 2lbs of salt off my car! But Now I got mud on my tires :mad: but thats fine! At least the body is better then before! :yes:

06Envoy

Dec 4, 2011
HARDTRAILZ said:
Surprised you did not take the opportunity to upgrade these parts. The stock shocks are pretty poor overall and the endlinks are prone to failure as you experienced.

Good question.

The OEM shocks appear to be Bilstein comforts which is good because all I could find aftermarket in Bilstein were the HD's.

I'm a little bit concerened about not going Moog on the swaybar ends too. Your right, I may regret that decision. My shop thought I was nuts paying over double for all dealership parts. Maybe I am a little bit nuts. But, I bought this truck used and I wanted to experience what it felt like new from the factory as compared to six years old with worn out parts. Ya, I'm a little bit nuts I guess. To that end goal, in the last two months I've replaced all front end balljoints, tierod ends, etc with moog. And all suspension parts have just been replaced with OEM.

lol, I just checked yesterday's invoice. They replaced both strut mounts too.

IDK, but I really like how it rides now! I mean I liked it before, but I really like it now!

Boricua SS

Nov 20, 2011
Ohio
well, last week i got my vanity plates in the mail, and today i registered them and have my new stickers through 2013.. so the beaSSt is back on the road.. once the weather breaks of course...

06Envoy

Dec 4, 2011
Boricua SS said:
well, last week i got my vanity plates in the mail, and today i registered them and have my new stickers through 2013.. so the beaSSt is back on the road.. once the weather breaks of course...

Congrats!

At first my mind read in the missing 'r'... that would have been funny to see 'breaSSt' driving down the road......
Still, even without the 'r', I like it! Nice play on the 'SS'!

Boricua SS

Nov 20, 2011
Ohio
06Envoy said:
Congrats!

At first my mind read in the missing 'r'... that would have been funny to see 'breaSSt' driving down the road......
Still, even without the 'r', I like it! Nice play on the 'SS'!

:crackup:

i wouldve used that for my plates... but all the letters are capitalized, and i didnt think it would look right... so "LS2 BLZR" it was

fadyasha

Dec 21, 2011
Well, took off my Led tail lights this morning because some of the leds are burned out and looks like crap. Gonna get the leds replaced so in the meantime put on my old smoked altezza lights (man these things are olddd)

fa48ee1e.jpg

I also ordered the Axxess ASWC and GMOS-04 and waiting on them to get here so I can install a new GPS Navigation system + Rear Camera

WillyGood

Jan 31, 2012
Today my LEDs came in the mail. I put them in the interior head lamps, and just to have extra I ordered more then i needed. Good thing too, cause after I was done I started looking around for more places to put LEDs cause I was so happy with how the headlamps came out. It was the same bulbs in the license plate lights, Changed those and cleaned the lens on the cover with with lens cleaner (they were nasty). Also found out that its the same bulb in this flashlight I use for work. Looks like I am going to be needing more. Plus I still have to find a bulb for the cargo lamp. It's such a good upgrade for the money and time it takes! :biggrin:

CdnGMan

Nov 22, 2011
Toronto

Attachments

• IMG_1741.jpg
    IMG_1741.jpg
    95.4 KB · Views: 9
  • IMG_1742.jpg
    IMG_1742.jpg
    85.9 KB · Views: 4
  • IMG_1743.jpg
    IMG_1743.jpg
    97.5 KB · Views: 2
  • IMG_1744.jpg
    IMG_1744.jpg
    95.2 KB · Views: 3
  • IMG_1753.jpg
    IMG_1753.jpg
    95.1 KB · Views: 2

Short Bus

Dec 2, 2011
WillyGood said:
Today my LEDs came in the mail. I put them in the interior head lamps, and just to have extra I ordered more then i needed. Good thing too, cause after I was done I started looking around for more places to put LEDs cause I was so happy with how the headlamps came out. It was the same bulbs in the license plate lights, Changed those and cleaned the lens on the cover with with lens cleaner (they were nasty). Also found out that its the same bulb in this flashlight I use for work. Looks like I am going to be needing more. Plus I still have to find a bulb for the cargo lamp. It's such a good upgrade for the money and time it takes! :biggrin:

What bulbs did you get?

06Envoy

Dec 4, 2011
CdnGMan said:
I finally decided to tackle the good old throttle body cleaning tonight... thank goodness for the pics in the How-to!!!
Canyonaro idles nice and smooth now... and yes, I took pics... :raspberry:
Symptoms before: somewhat rough ilde, CEL codes...
State after cleaning: nice & smooth idle, no CEL - yet. :tongue:
All buttoned up and ready to go...
Looks nice! Good work!

I should get off my ass and do mine.....maybe we can get Steph to mine at our next meet!!!!

Boricua SS said:
:crackup: i wouldve used that for my plates... but all the letters are capitalized, and i didnt think it would look right... so "LS2 BLZR" it was
Oh well, beasst or breasst would have been good! LS2 BLZR is also good!

Blckshdw

Nov 20, 2011
Tampa Bay Area, FL
WillyGood said:

:undecided: Now if only there was a thread that was just for posting :pictures: of such mods.... :raspberry:

jrSS

Dec 4, 2011
Received my sweet t's and hoodies from tim....and they look very nice. Pleased on how well they came out. Thanks again tim...u da man!!!

HARDTRAILZ

Nov 18, 2011
Thanks Jeff. I guess you got the wife on board with the Green. I will be needing some new decals I think...

gmt3.jpg

gmt2.jpg

gmt1.jpg

barron03

Nov 20, 2011
Changed the spark plugs and cleaned the tb.

MrDJ

Dec 4, 2011
Waxahachie, TX

Attachments

• Dirty 1_800x598.jpg
    Dirty 1_800x598.jpg
    76.6 KB · Views: 9
  • Dirty 2_800x598.jpg
    Dirty 2_800x598.jpg
    80.8 KB · Views: 8
  • Dirty 3_800x598.jpg
    Dirty 3_800x598.jpg
    86.8 KB · Views: 8

JRTAHOE

Nov 20, 2011
Got my new set of decals from Jeff. I''l post pics after install tomorrow after I wash and vacuum truck as well.

cyclopathic

Jan 10, 2012
CdnGMan said:
I finally decided to tackle the good old throttle body cleaning tonight... thank goodness for the pics in the How-to!!!
Canyonaro idles nice and smooth now... and yes, I took pics... :raspberry:

Symptoms before: somewhat rough ilde, CEL codes...

View attachment 3492

That was a seriously disgusting throttle body. I cleaned mine for the first time at 114K and it wasn't nearly that bad. Any ideas how it got so bad?

cyclopathic

Jan 10, 2012
Yesterday, if that counts, I personally changed the rear shocks, springs, and sway bar links. The shocks (Bilsteins) and springs (Z71) were simple. The sway bar links (Smaxx) on the other hand, weren't very much fun. They were original links and the upper bolt was corroded and totally stripped when I put the hex key in it. I eneded up cutting the top link with my sawzall and ended up going through 3 blades because of the awkward angle.

Tackling the front with Bilsteins, moog ball joints, and smaxx links. I also plan on doing a suspension lift shortly. I'll probably do the suspension lift on the front when I change the struts.

CdnGMan

Nov 22, 2011
Toronto
cyclopathic said:
That was a seriously disgusting throttle body. I cleaned mine for the first time at 114K and it wasn't nearly that bad. Any ideas how it got so bad?

Well, Canyonaro has about 147K km's on it... I think that translates to about 92K miles.... and I really have no idea as to its service history before that, so I can't really say how it's been treated before I got it... that being said, I'll be doing that service again - it was quite simple really - even for me! :raspberry:

Boricua SS

Nov 20, 2011
Ohio
well, its another record day here in ohio.. 40* sunny weather, and my birthday!! :wootwoot:

so i took the beaSSt outta hibernation and applied my GMT decals from Jeff...

2012-02-05114815.jpg

2012-02-05131549.jpg

Mark20

Dec 6, 2011
Put a Bugflector II on the Silverado. Took some pictures and will write up a how-to.

Also looked for LEDs for the Envoy's license plate lights last night when I was getting the Bugflector. Unfortunately no dice.

mnypitTBEXT

Jan 29, 2012
Washed and Cajun Shined it.

Short Bus

Dec 2, 2011
Boricua SS said:
well, its another record day here in ohio.. 40* sunny weather, and my birthday!! :wootwoot:

so i took the beaSSt outta hibernation and applied my GMT decals from Jeff...

2012-02-05114815.jpg

2012-02-05131549.jpg

Nice, and the 6.0 is a nice touch :thumbsup:

Canvoy

Feb 5, 2012
Opened the hood, wiped some things down, had a beer, enjoyed the Envoy in 5 degree celcius and sunshine in the driveway.:thumbsup:

JRTAHOE

Nov 20, 2011
New Vinyl thanks to Jeff.

By far the vinyl that I like the best is my state decal. As some of you may know, my home state is Illinois but I moved to Oklahoma 5 yrs ago, so I thought I'd pay a little homage.

4b5bed4f-09d9-abd4.jpg

4b5bed4f-09e6-b458.jpg

4b5bed4f-0a04-44c2.jpg

4b5bed4f-0a18-6c98.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NicholasKit

Members Online