What did you do to your GMT today?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Blckshdw

Nov 20, 2011
Tampa Bay Area, FL
STLtrailbSS said:
Yeah that piece is weird, is it trim-able to fit in that stripping...

fadyasha said:
I think I might end up trimming it! I tried stuffing it in at first but then the window won't roll up :hissyfit:!...

Yeah you can Dremel that rear piece down, and then put it inside the window seal. That's what I did on my in-channels. You just have to start at the bottom, and grind it down to make a wedge, so when the window rolls up, it doesn't have that flat surface to run into. The wedge will get pushed to the outside of the glass, as the glass continues up the window channel :thumbsup:

fadyasha

Dec 21, 2011
Blckshdw said:
Yeah you can Dremel that rear piece down, and then put it inside the window seal. That's what I did on my in-channels. You just have to start at the bottom, and grind it down to make a wedge, so when the window rolls up, it doesn't have that flat surface to run into. The wedge will get pushed to the outside of the glass, as the glass continues up the window channel :thumbsup:

:biggrin::biggrin: Thanks bro! i'll get to that over the weekend I hope! So much to do and so little time lol! Still haven't installed my spark plugs and supersparks!

Sparky

Dec 4, 2011
I think most brands are like that, at least all the ones that I looked at were. There is probably a reason why it is like that... That little tab honestly doesn't bother me too much.

davenay67

Jan 16, 2012
Working on the gradual transfusion process of tranmission servicing rather than the flushing method.:-

Tranny pan drop, new filter and refill with 5 qts of Dexron VI. Mark the calendar to repeat the process in another 30,000 miles....

Dave. :smile:

Regulator

Nov 20, 2011
Today was my wife's Bravada's turn in the garage. I changed the oil, rotated the tires, lowered the spare and checked the air pressure, cleaned the throttle body, and cleaned and oiled the K&N air filter. I also replaced the drivers side wheel speed sensor, I believe it is the cause for the ABS and brake lights being on recently. It was a good day.

4wVoy

Feb 4, 2012
just ordered some LED's and resistors, interior backlighting will be swapped out, gotta love it when my girl tells me a bulb has burned out and it annoys her, time to upgrade

Sparky

Dec 4, 2011
Paper filter FTW. Filters better and no oiling to mess with :tongue:

TollKeeper

Supporting Donor
Dec 3, 2011
Brighton, CO
Voymom said:
..... but I had to have hubby get the 90 on as I didn't have enough leverage being 4'9 :redface:

Really? We need to have a double date sometime.. My wife has never met anyone shorter than her.. She is all of 4'10 1/2 tall..

Now let me ask you. My wife doesnt like the Voy because she says the seats dig into the back side of her knees. Do you have this problem?

All I did to my Voy today was do some drifting in the snow on my way to work! It was FUN!

Voymom

Feb 3, 2012
TollKeeper said:
Really? We need to have a double date sometime.. My wife has never met anyone shorter than her.. She is all of 4'10 1/2 tall..

Now let me ask you. My wife doesnt like the Voy because she says the seats dig into the back side of her knees. Do you have this problem?

All I did to my Voy today was do some drifting in the snow on my way to work! It was FUN!

LOL, Yup I am a shorty. See I had sat in different year 'voys and TB's and in certain years I had an issue with the bottom of the seat feeling like it was longer than others. The seat didn't really dig into the back of my knee's but it felt like the seat didn't reach the back of my knee's and that the back of my thighs sat on it and made it hard for me to reach the floor :redface: I hope that makes sense? Phantom is that way, I really have to manipulate all my seat functions for it to be comfortable to sit and drive in. I noticed that 2002's, 2004's. and 2007's felt okay to me, like I didn't need to manipulate the seat functions as much to be comfortable in it. 2003's, 2005's, 2006's are a pain in the ass...I just happened to fall in love with an 03...go figure lol.

I have driven quite a few SUV's and cars in general, and it took me longer to adjust to driving Phantom than any other vehicle. My one MAJOR issue for me with the truck is height. I have a hard time getting in as I have horrible knee's. I need to get me some running boards, but I can't find any for an attractive price. Other than that, I wouldn't trade Phantom in for the world! I love my truck more than I have loved any other vehicle....and to think I used to drive nothing but Japanese crap :lipsrsealed:

I haven't done anything to my truck yet today, the kids are on a 2hr delay for school due to umm....over sleeping teachers? They claim it's icy out but hubby had no issues driving Phantom home from work at 5am!

Short Bus

Dec 2, 2011
Voymom said:
I need to get me some running boards, but I can't find any for an attractive price.

[EBAY]330686635857[/EBAY]

havie22

Dec 4, 2011
that is a very atracting price!:eek:

07ChevyTruck

Dec 5, 2011
Between yesterday and today. I stared and drove both trucks after having them sit for a few days while I was in Denver, CO. :thumbsup:

havie22

Dec 4, 2011
i havent done anything to minesbecause my wife is taking it to work! and im stuck with the beemer!740il im trying to get her to take it but she loves the voy more! she sais the bmw is a man car!lol:undecided:

HARDTRAILZ

Nov 18, 2011
Last night I took the front diff out from the back floorboard and took the rear diff off the hitch rack.

Today I cleaned off the snow and drove it to work since it was snowing.

07ChevyTruck

Dec 5, 2011
HARDTRAILZ said:
Last night I took the front diff out from the back floorboard and took the rear diff off the hitch rack.

Today I cleaned off the snow and drove it to work since it was snowing.

Nice! :thumbsup:

davenay67

Jan 16, 2012
HARDTRAILZ said:

What you talkin' about, Willis..??

HARDTRAILZ

Nov 18, 2011
davenay67 said:
What you talkin' about, Willis..??

the SS parts for the offroad rig...

davenay67

Jan 16, 2012
HARDTRAILZ said:
the SS parts for the offroad rig...

Shoulda read your build thread b4 asking....i see the SS axle ready for transplant....

Uncle Blazer

Dec 8, 2011
Gave the old girl an oil change. While it was up I decided i might as well take off the running boards. Daddy likey.

Voymom

Feb 3, 2012
Short Bus said:
[EBAY]330686635857[/EBAY]

Those are nerf bars....I want the plastic ones that are black. I have slipped and gotten my leg pretty bruised up on a wet nerf bar before so I wont use them again.

Blckshdw

Nov 20, 2011
Tampa Bay Area, FL
If you were close enough to avoid shipping, I'd sell you my stock boards. Those things always got in my way, when getting in or out :duh:

Voymom

Feb 3, 2012
Blckshdw said:
If you were close enough to avoid shipping, I'd sell you my stock boards. Those things always got in my way, when getting in or out :duh:

I guess the plastic black ones are the stock boards? No wonder I can only find them at stealerships and they cost between $400 and $600 which I think is way to expensive. I appreciate the offer but unfortunately I live in the great state of Iowa.

Short Bus

Dec 2, 2011
Uncle Blazer said:
Gave the old girl an oil change. While it was up I decided i might as well take off the running boards. Daddy likey.

Voymom said:
I guess the plastic black ones are the stock boards? No wonder I can only find them at stealerships and they cost between $400 and $600 which I think is way to expensive. I appreciate the offer but unfortunately I live in the great state of Iowa.

You should PM Uncle Blazer, he just took the boards off his EXT (they'll fit your XL) and he also lives in Iowa

High Voltage

Nov 18, 2011
Short Bus said:
You should PM Uncle Blazer, he just took the boards off his EXT (they'll fit your XL) and he also lives in Iowa

I'll sell you mine for 1/2. They were on about a year.

Sparky

Dec 4, 2011
Voymom said:
Those are nerf bars....I want the plastic ones that are black. I have slipped and gotten my leg pretty bruised up on a wet nerf bar before so I wont use them again.

Did they have step pads? Those in that ebay ad have plastic step pads on them.

Voymom

Feb 3, 2012
Sparky said:
Did they have step pads? Those in that ebay ad have plastic step pads on them.

Yeah...but I was wearing heels :crazy:

06Envoy

Dec 4, 2011
My wife's Halo Projector front headlight kit and her LED tails arrived this morning.
Ordering up new HID bulbs for them.

fadyasha

Dec 21, 2011
Changed my spark plugs and installed the supersparks. I also changed my headlamp washer motor. It works again woohoo! Pic isn't clear though

91341135.jpg

f5e10dbe.jpg

07ChevyTruck

Dec 5, 2011
fadyasha - I have the supersparks in both my trucks and you are going to like them a lot. They will give you a much better electrical current to the plugs which will result in a better running motor. :biggrin:

Juicy K

Feb 14, 2012
Indianapolis, Indiana
Juicy K said:
Warming up the soldering iron now, replacing a relay on the DDM.

Well all is done, $14 dollars plus time, I now have a fully functioning DDM again! I know the wife will be happy to hear, she gets mad that she couldnt roll down the window for drive throughs and such. Its nice when you have a father with connections. :lipsrsealed: Saved me a chunk of change.

Lesson learned, dont smoke cigs when its pouring rain...

Juicy K

Feb 14, 2012
Indianapolis, Indiana
tbuckalew14 said:
rear wiper upgrade. Finally have a wiper arm that clears the window and sits in the cradle properly.

My dad just got a new wiper arm (moms was locked up and wouldnt sit in the cradle) and a hatch module. Maybe I need to get to that. LOL

4wVoy

Feb 4, 2012
I got this in the mail but not really happy

IMG_0479.jpg

I am in Afghanistan and my truck is in AZ. Apparently when I ordered it I did not change my address properly. eBay purchase FAIL!!!

07ChevyTruck

Dec 5, 2011
4wVoy said:
I got this in the mail but not really happy

IMG_0479.jpg

I am in Afghanistan and my truck is in AZ. Apparently when I ordered it I did not change my address properly. eBay purchase FAIL!!!

Thanks for serving our country. :thumbsup:

:yikes: Holy Wrong Address!!! :yikes:

Now you gotta get it to AZ. :yes:

STLtrailbSS

Dec 4, 2011
fadyasha said:
Changed my spark plugs and installed the supersparks. I also changed my headlamp washer motor. It works again woohoo! Pic isn't clear though

FAD
Do you ever stop!? Everyday you got something new lol take an hour to enjoy the truck Haha

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Delano1981

Members Online