What did you do to your GMT today?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sparky

Dec 4, 2011
Went to the shop and had them look it over to find the source of the howling racket. It was the passenger side wheel bearing. Again. But at least it isn't something in the front diff, which is excellent, and the bearing is under warranty. I've only had it on there since May of last year, but I've also managed to put 16k on it since then, so the 1 year/12,000 mile labor warranty is expired. That's OK, it isn't going to cost that much labor to swap it out.

I do wonder why it went bad, it was a Timken after all. Hopefully it was just a dud.

HARDTRAILZ

Nov 18, 2011
Not sure why you would bother paying labor on a wheel bearing. I changed my driver side in an hour today. Only 5 bolts and the axle nut once thetruck tire is off.

jrSS

Dec 4, 2011
HARDTRAILZ said:
Not sure why you would bother paying labor on a wheel bearing. I changed my driver side in an hour today. Only 5 bolts and the axle nut once thetruck tire is off.

That's what I was thinkin

Regulator

Nov 20, 2011
07ChevyTruck said:
:rotfl: I didn't know you had a busted tool!!!! :rotfl:

Hell, as much time as I have spent wrenching on his truck, I didn't know he had tools! :raspberry:

TexazReece

Dec 4, 2011
Mooseman said:
Replaced the rear wiper arm. Ripped mine off a while back trying to clear the snow and ice off of it. No I didn't go with the '08 arm. $22 vs. ~$100 for the '08, no thanks. And my dealer had the stock one in stock.

$100.00??? Here is a link to guy on eBay I was gonna purchase the full kit from was a decent price :thumbsup:trailblazer 08 rear wiper kit | eBay

MAY03LT

Original poster
Nov 18, 2011
Delmarva
ac4d6ef0.jpg

I revamped the proto quad board. Although it survived some serious vibrations, the way the pins felt when I had the filament grounds looped together just didn't feel right. Now the two pins that were added to the socket have the proper pins coming up into them from below, and this thing feels "right" now. The only downside is, I had to use additional parts off the dual socket in the donor board, meaning that if I do it this way, each board will need their own donor board. The price of doing it right is never cheap.

Short Bus

Dec 2, 2011
MAY03LT said:
ac4d6ef0.jpg

I revamped the proto quad board. Although it survived some serious vibrations, the way the pins felt when I had the filament grounds looped together just didn't feel right. Now the two pins that were added to the socket have the proper pins coming up into them from below, and this thing feels "right" now. The only downside is, I had to use additional parts off the dual socket in the donor board, meaning that if I do it this way, each board will need their own donor board. The price of doing it right is never cheap.

Or get a Envoy board that has 2 dual filament sockets for the same price as a TB board

Hobby

Dec 11, 2011
I bought a new bench seat for my minitruck. Second gen bench going in a first gen S-15. Still needs modifications but fits a lot better than the Nissan seat I was trying to get to fit in there.

View attachment 18242

Attachments

• 0128121548.jpg
    0128121548.jpg
    82.9 KB · Views: 10

Me007gold

Nov 20, 2011
Installed the Avalanche 3rd brake light. Used tint film, looks good from far, but far from good when you get close. There are lots of bubbles/creases, but it will work for now.

DSC_0655.jpg

DSC_0657.jpg

DSC_0658.jpg

MAY03LT

Original poster
Nov 18, 2011
Delmarva
Short Bus said:
Or get a Envoy board that has 2 dual filament sockets for the same price as a TB board

Hmmm, I thinks I might be buying an Envoy board for some R and D. Thanks for the tip!

Hobby said:
I bought a new bench seat for my minitruck. Second gen bench going in a first gen S-15. Still needs modifications but fits a lot better than the Nissan seat I was trying to get to fit in there.

Looks comfy!

Hobby

Dec 11, 2011
MAY03LT said:
Looks comfy!

For me yes, for you I need to get the ass lowered a little more. It doses sit back from the wheel about 2-3 inches further. Feels a lot more comfortable. But no arm rest :frown:

Blckshdw

Nov 20, 2011
Tampa Bay Area, FL
Me007gold said:
Installed the Avalanche 3rd brake light. Used tint film, looks good from far, but far from good when you get close. There are lots of bubbles/creases, but it will work for now.

What was the final call on the connector mod? You get that stock connector afterall?

MichEnvoyGuy

Dec 3, 2011
Yesterday, I picked up the big rubber neck that goes around the fuel filler neck and provides a cushion/seal to the gas cap door. Mine rotted or somehow fell apart. It would drive me crazy b/c my gas cap door wasnt flush with the body. $31 and back in business! :biggrin:

(sorry no pics) :frown:

Me007gold

Nov 20, 2011
Blckshdw said:
What was the final call on the connector mod? You get that stock connector afterall?

nah, I cut the end off of the factory 3rd brake light connector, and just wired the new brake light in that way. It wasnt cost effective, to just order the one conneter from mouser.

smitty5150

Nov 18, 2011
Tweaked my alignment a little, since I haven't been to a shop since dropping it back down....with the right tools and procedures, I get the alignment closer to perfect than most places I have taken it. Found a spray tint made by rustoleum. Needed it for a set of tinted corner lights and advance was out of niteshades. This stuff cost about twice as much, but my initial impression are that it is MUCH better in quality. Smooth, glossy finish and a very even tint without the slight bluish color. I think it will be using it to tint my tails and 3rd brake light.

blazinlow89

Jan 25, 2012
LED map lights, went back and hard mounted my HID ballasts. I also bought my oil change stuff, as well as a headlight resto kit, guess I will be busy tomorrow.

Regulator

Nov 20, 2011
I gave her a real good bath and discovered a lot of new pin stripes and more damage then I knew about following the Jeep run a couple weeks ago. I guess it is time to spend some time on improving the outside appearance.

Pained

Jan 15, 2012
Finally replaced my battery after having to jump it numerous times for about 3 weeks. also learned I have a engine block heater :biggrin: Mighty come in handy if it stops feeling like spring and more like actual winter here :frown:

Sparky

Dec 4, 2011
HARDTRAILZ said:

Because it is cold and I don't feel like freezing my butt off changing it out. It is worth a few bucks to me for them just to do it this time of year. It isn't going to cost that much anyway.

I don't mind wrenching on my vehicles unless something goes really wrong or it is really uncomfortable conditions. I have a few things on hold until spring comes around because of the cold.

Maybe I'm just a wuss :laugh:

The_Roadie

Lifetime VIP Donor
Nov 19, 2011
Portland, OR
Regulator said:
I gave her a real good bath and discovered a lot of new pin stripes and more damage then I knew about following the Jeep run a couple weeks ago. I guess it is time to spend some time on improving the outside appearance.
OK, who are you and what did you do with our offroading member Regulator? :confused:

jrSS

Dec 4, 2011
Sparky said:
Because it is cold and I don't feel like freezing my butt off changing it out.....

Maybe I'm just a wuss :laugh:

Lol I agree..............just kiddin

Mark20

Dec 6, 2011
Installed the K&N air filter in the Silverado but haven't driven it yet. Saving the OEM filter. Not a spot ,of dirt on it at 3k miles. The Original filter looks very well made. The screen top is engrossed for strength and the pleats have three rows of glue to keep the pleats from collapsing. BTW the Silverado is a 2011 5.3L 4x2.

Sent from my Xoom using Tapatalk

Short Bus

Dec 2, 2011
Not a damn thing, I didn't even start Short Bus today

HARDTRAILZ

Nov 18, 2011
Finally relocated license plate sine the spare tire folder covered it up.

Instrumental

Jan 29, 2012
New here, but I figure I'll jump right in. Got a Saab 9-7x recently, 48,000 miles. I changed the transfer case fluid this weekend, put in 2 liters of the GM Auto Trak 2. Info here and there and youtube was very useful to me, saved me around 100.00 at the dealer. Napa had the fluid for 6.95 a bottle, plus another 7 for the bottle pump.

Regulator

Nov 20, 2011
the roadie said:
OK, who are you and what did you do with our offroading member Regulator? :confused:

:rotfl: I figured I would get a reaction out of you. By outside appearance I meant that I plan on rhino-lining the truck. The newest body damage is down to bare metal, so I need to do something to prevent rust taking over. This is what I get for following a bunch of Jeeps 4 wheeling on what can best be referred to as quad trails!

DJones

Jan 21, 2012
St. Petersburg, Florida
Instrumental said:
New here, but I figure I'll jump right in. Got a Saab 9-7x recently, 48,000 miles. I changed the transfer case fluid this weekend, put in 2 liters of the GM Auto Trak 2. Info here and there and youtube was very useful to me, saved me around 100.00 at the dealer. Napa had the fluid for 6.95 a bottle, plus another 7 for the bottle pump.

Now you got to find something to spend that $100 on. Congratulations for doing it yourself. Something that many people get confused is that the AutoTracII fuild IS in 1-liter bottles: goes unnoticed because it is similar to the 1-quart oil bottles.

jrSS

Dec 4, 2011
Regulator said:
:rotfl: I figured I would get a reaction out of you. By outside appearance I meant that I plan on rhino-lining the truck. The newest body damage is down to bare metal, so I need to do something to prevent rust taking over. This is what I get for following a bunch of Jeeps 4 wheeling on what can best be referred to as quad trails!

I've got to see this being done. I wanna be there!

Jkust

Dec 4, 2011
Went to wash the 9-7 but the one touchless car wash in town was stacked 10 deep. Stopped by Menards and the identical 9-7 was parked next to mine. The second I've ever seen.

Boricua SS

Nov 20, 2011
Ohio
well not my GMT.. but my friends 2001 Blazer LS 2WD.. changed all the brakes, front pads, rear rotors and pads.. driver complained of a grinding noise.. she thought it was the front pads as they were squeeling pretty bad.. but after changing them and taking it for a test drive... grinding was still there,. but coming from the rear.. sooooo.. 2 days later i worked on the rear brakes (today)... and lets just say, i found out why the brakes were grinding... the passanger side rear had NO PADS on them!!!!!!!!!!!! the piston on the caliper was what was pressing against the rotor.. ive never seen this working on a vehicle.. i mean the pad was completely gone...

i didnt get pix of the old stuff.. but here is the new equpiment.. test drove, and job done :yes:
well.. heres a pic of the aftermath from the passanger side..
2012-01-29175130.jpg

2012-01-29175158.jpg

2012-01-29175209.jpg

and here are my new plates for my SS that came in the mail saturday...
2012-01-27123247.jpg

Mypetropig

Dec 29, 2011
Did not finish my list but I did manage to change the oil, fuel filter, clean K&N, remove clean and polish throttle body, clean intake with Seafoam and the new 30" straw and last but not least dumped a can of Seafoam in the tank. Hopefully next weekend I will be able to install my sway bar end links and urethane sway bar bushings. :yes:

07ChevyTruck

Dec 5, 2011
Drove both of mine this past weekend, and the daily driver to work today.

HARDTRAILZ

Nov 18, 2011
Washed the windows and drove it for some side jobs.

HARDTRAILZ

Nov 18, 2011
Washed it. Tomorrow is interior cleansing.

STLtrailbSS

Dec 4, 2011
Blckshdw said:
So what's that thing on top of the hat for again? :confused:

Yepp thats my genius dad

That is a stripped lugnut! This was at my dads shop with every available tool and multiple workers no stripped extractor no poundng the socket into the lug. Couldnt break the stud, thing was a disaster. I had some ideas but no one seemed to listen but it is off just need to replace the stud.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NicholasKit

Members Online