What did you do to your GMT today?

Status
Not open for further replies.

fadyasha

Dec 21, 2011
Well I fixed my Bull Bar after ramming it a few weeks ago :wootwoot: and filled her up with some Fuel! This time around I did the bull bar a bit different:

1- Removed the bottom lip
2- Had the guy do some welding between the brackets to avoid broken bolts in the future (My bull bar has two brackets, one from the frame and one coming from the bar itself. Those were welded).
3- by depending on the welding I was able to get the guy to bring up the brackets higher to give me more clearance and so he made new holes in the brackets for the bolts.
4- Gonna spray paint the brackets black to hide the welding :redface:

Result = :biggrin:

e6629b02.jpg

912e2035.jpg

f0106d07.jpg

2f942469.jpg

b3d85563.jpg

0ee86306.jpg

this is how the bar was earlier, you can tell the difference by looking at the bottom of the license plate lol! Not significant but i'm one step happier :rotfl:

photo1s-1.jpg

07ChevyTruck

Dec 5, 2011
Had brake switch replaced on my 04.

jrSS

Dec 4, 2011
Hung out with regulator today while helping him replace 2 of his wheel hub bearings. So he returned a favor to me by taking off my stuck spare, throttle body clean, and wired up for quad light + fogs mod. Good day to skip work. Hehe.

STLtrailbSS

Dec 4, 2011
silvernclean said:
Hung out with regulator today while helping him replace 2 of his wheel hub bearings. So he returned a favor to me by taking off my stuck spare, throttle body clean, and wired up for quad light + fogs mod. Good day to skip work. Hehe.

Text regulator and tell him im waiting for his Quad wiring he was supposed to release in the next 48 hours.

jrSS

Dec 4, 2011
STLtrailbSS said:
Text regulator and tell him im waiting for his Quad wiring he was supposed to release in the next 48 hours.

Lol. Ok. I think his write up is the one he did I my truck.

MAY03LT

Original poster
Nov 18, 2011
Delmarva
b4f04889.jpg

Tonight I swapped out the OEM boards in the TB for some new dormans I got from ebay. Now I can take my sweet time making a pair of dual park boards.

Sparky

Dec 4, 2011
smitty5150 said:
Found some rust brewing under the paint on the tailgate. Time to start fixing little issues like these soo can get a repaint later this year.

Probably rusting from the inside out due to the crappy license plate gasket design letting water in. If you see it in the paint it is probably shot. I'm in that boat :sadcry:

smitty5150

Nov 18, 2011
Sparky said:
Probably rusting from the inside out due to the crappy license plate gasket design letting water in. If you see it in the paint it is probably shot. I'm in that boat :sadcry:

Yeah, that's definitely what it is. I just noticed the first tiniest bubbles on the very corner. Gonna get in there with a flashlight and pokin stick to see how bad it is. With any luck, I can hit the inside with a little POR15 and fix the spot where it broke through. Otherwise it'll be off to the junkyard to find a used one.

HARDTRAILZ

Nov 18, 2011
I feel bad...I left mine sitting broken in the driveway again. Been there for over a week and I have had the wheel bearing, but just cant seem to find time or warmth to get it done.

jrSS

Dec 4, 2011
HARDTRAILZ said:
I feel bad...I left mine sitting broken in the driveway again. Been there for over a week and I have had the wheel bearing, but just cant seem to find time or warmth to get it done.

Just freeze ur ass off

07ChevyTruck

Dec 5, 2011
HARDTRAILZ said:

Got 3 words for your outdoor space heater.

HARDTRAILZ

Nov 18, 2011
I will get it done this weekend even if I have to change it in the snow. I did my ball joints in the snow last year, just takes some extra whiskey to stay warm.

jrSS

Dec 4, 2011
HARDTRAILZ said:
I will get it done this weekend even if I have to change it in the snow. I did my ball joints in the snow last year, just takes some extra whiskey to stay warm.

Is the whiskey for warmth or liquid courage?? Lol

HARDTRAILZ

Nov 18, 2011
Surprisingly I dont drink and wheel, but I do drink and wrench and that may be a big portion of how my truck came to be....

Off to put on a JK front bumper and do some drinking...

Regulator

Nov 20, 2011
Yesterday the Voy got a pair of brand new shiny wheel hubs. Today, I finished working on some interior storage modifications for my new toy and got my work equipment loaded.

07ChevyTruck

Dec 5, 2011
HARDTRAILZ said:

:crackup: You said ball! :crackup:

07ChevyTruck

Dec 5, 2011
It looks really clean under there.

jrSS

Dec 4, 2011
Ordered the remaining parts needed for my lowering kit. Struts and shocks. I will be sittin nice and low in bout 2 weeks. ALRIGHT!! Anyone interested in my front 2" lowering coils can pm me.

07ChevyTruck

Dec 5, 2011
Mine is getting cleaned by all the rain that's coming down.

HARDTRAILZ

Nov 18, 2011
I am going to buy mine a present this afternoon. I am gonna replace my busted torque wrench!

07ChevyTruck

Dec 5, 2011
HARDTRAILZ said:
I am going to buy mine a present this afternoon. I am gonna replace my busted torque wrench!

:rotfl: I didn't know you had a busted tool!!!! :rotfl:

HARDTRAILZ

Nov 18, 2011
I stepped on my tool due to its large size

STLtrailbSS

Dec 4, 2011
Mine got new tools as well Impact sockets in anticipation for the tax return tune up also trying to replace my rusted 3/8 sets with some cornwells and I will be set
IMAG0209.jpg

MrDJ

Dec 4, 2011
Waxahachie, TX
Drove it home from college for the weekend! I plan on doing some work on my wiring this weekend.

07ChevyTruck

Dec 5, 2011
HARDTRAILZ said:
I stepped on my tool due to its large size

OUCH!!!! That must have left a mark. :dielaugh:

Mooseman

Dec 4, 2011
Ottawa, ON
Replaced the rear wiper arm. Ripped mine off a while back trying to clear the snow and ice off of it. No I didn't go with the '08 arm. $22 vs. ~$100 for the '08, no thanks. And my dealer had the stock one in stock.

ItsOnVoy

Nov 21, 2011
Mooseman said:
Replaced the rear wiper arm. Ripped mine off a while back trying to clear the snow and ice off of it. No I didn't go with the '08 arm. $22 vs. ~$100 for the '08, no thanks. And my dealer had the stock one in stock.

That is a big difference in price!! What is better about the new wiper that makes it so much? I mean looks different but what else loll

Jkust

Dec 4, 2011
ItsOnVoy said:
That is a big difference in price!! What is better about the new wiper that makes it so much? I mean looks different but what else loll

The arm changed for 07 not 08 and I've had pre 07 and two post 07 and can't tell you the difference.

ItsOnVoy

Nov 21, 2011
Jkust said:
The arm changed for 07 not 08 and I've had pre 07 and two post 07 and can't tell you the difference.

Yeah its just another way for Stealerships to take our money!! lol

empty-wallet.jpg

Jkust

Dec 4, 2011
ItsOnVoy said:
Yeah its just another way for Stealerships to take our money!! lol

empty-wallet.jpg

No kidding and actually the 9-7x always had the updated arm even in its first run in 2005.

theloko61

Dec 4, 2011
Check engine light came up, got code p0121 which is for the throttle position sensor, cleaned the throttle valve and problem gone.
Also did my breaks..:smile:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NicholasKit

Members Online