What came in your mail today?

MRRSM

Lifetime VIP Supporter
These very pricey items came in yesterday and I've added these images of them to my "Flickr-Bucket" Front Brakes and Wheel Hub Rebuild Pictorial Display:

...and to THIS to Original Thread as pending work to be completed... Post-Covid Time:

I ordered the imaged GM & ACDelco EVAP Hardware to swap in while I still have the 2000 Blue Silvy up on Jack Stands and before the Hot Summer Weather descends upon us.

Attachments

• ACDELCOPERFBRAKEDISK1.jpeg
    ACDELCOPERFBRAKEDISK1.jpeg
    60 KB · Views: 0
  • ACDELCOPERFBRAKEDISK3.jpeg
    ACDELCOPERFBRAKEDISK3.jpeg
    58.6 KB · Views: 0
  • SILVERADOTIMKENWB1.jpeg
    SILVERADOTIMKENWB1.jpeg
    74.2 KB · Views: 0
  • SILVERADOTIMKENWB2.jpeg
    SILVERADOTIMKENWB2.jpeg
    67.5 KB · Views: 0
  • SILVERADOTIMKENWB3.jpeg
    SILVERADOTIMKENWB3.jpeg
    49.6 KB · Views: 0
  • SILVERADOTIMKENWB4.jpeg
    SILVERADOTIMKENWB4.jpeg
    68.5 KB · Views: 1
  • SILVERADOTIMKENWB5.jpeg
    SILVERADOTIMKENWB5.jpeg
    48.4 KB · Views: 1
  • SILVERADOTIMKENWB6.jpeg
    SILVERADOTIMKENWB6.jpeg
    51.1 KB · Views: 1
  • ACDELCOEVAPHW1.jpeg
    ACDELCOEVAPHW1.jpeg
    90.2 KB · Views: 1
  • ACDELCOEVAPHW2.jpeg
    ACDELCOEVAPHW2.jpeg
    46.1 KB · Views: 1
  • ACDELCOEVAPHW3.jpeg
    ACDELCOEVAPHW3.jpeg
    51.9 KB · Views: 1
  • ACDELCOEVAPHW4.jpeg
    ACDELCOEVAPHW4.jpeg
    58.5 KB · Views: 1
  • ACDELCOPERFBRAKEDISK2.jpeg
    ACDELCOPERFBRAKEDISK2.jpeg
    63.4 KB · Views: 1

TollKeeper

Gold Supporter
**Snap** Puts on gloves.. You tell me! :smile:

The title for my Esky!

Now time to go spend another 1200 bucks for Tax/Title/License plates.

Mooseman

I'm trying to guess what that is......a long-reach fluid filling device with a shut-off valve, or an extended reach garden hose attachment? :cool: Or.....something else.
It's an RV hot water tank rinser. Mine had bad smells last weekend so will be using this to clean it out and will add a zinc/aluminum anode rod.

And this came in today

PXL_20210609_230143033_resized1231815800160088007.jpg

The two cards of batteries were in the envelope which was in that huge box! I mean, really? A bubble envelope would have sufficed. Talk about waste :hopeless:

TollKeeper

Gold Supporter
Two rear load-leveling shocks for the Yukon, fronts will get done later.

Arnott AS2708.

View attachment 100664
How much did you end up paying for them if I can ask. I see prices all over the map for these things.

Let me know what you think of the quality of the part. I need these for my Esky.

gmcman

How much did you end up paying for them if I can ask. I see prices all over the map for these things.

Let me know what you think of the quality of the part. I need these for my Esky.

I bought from Summit, $186 each plus a $50 core (each) and was free shipping.

Just some food for thought....Upon some searching after the fact, I have discovered a few details I was not aware of.

According to Arnott, these shocks, AS2708, are...."completely rebuilt rear air shock". So I would assume a "completely" rebuilt "air shock" would include seals, etc for the "shock" mechanism. However, that's not the case. They use the old core, rebuild the air section using new Goodyear parts, but thoroughly test the damping of the shock.

To their defense, I'm fine with that as they offer a lifetime warranty and have an extensive following of satisfied customers...so I'm not doubting that they will work like new.

My issue is I have already purchased them, and who knows, maybe they will last another 90K, but I don't know the age of the internals and if they start bouncing in 20K miles, sure I can get a replacement but it's a hassle.

OEM rear shocks are about $300 each from the online GM parts sources, and those are brand new units...so it's a $120 savings gamble to see how long the 2708's last.

Mooseman

An antenna for my wifi backup camera on the RV and a new 7 way trailer plug with junction box.

PXL_20210611_203545770_resized8778550756099659822.jpg

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cgorman18d

Secure Browsing