What came in your mail today?

Mooseman

Hey @gmcman , guess who'll be joining you down that rabbit hole?

I have to hand it to FedEx, ordered on Sunday night with 2 day shipping, shipped on Monday and in my huge hot hands today. Their automated phone notification is utterly useless as it said it would arrive tomorrow.

Attachments

gmcman

@Mooseman Nice!

Few words of advice....When using your laptop to write a tune to the PCM, be sure to use wall power with a full battery as backup.

Never use "Save" to save a file, use "Save as". This will give you that extra step to be sure that you don't accidentally write over your stock tune.

Save your stock tune where you can access it for comparison, then save it to another drive, and then save it to an external drive.

You will need a wideband gauge, the AEM X-series is somewhat the defacto.

If you have a P10 it's really gonna make you want a P12 lol.

Last edited:

TollKeeper

Half the parts for my front end rebuild.. Still needing the control arms.
The rest of my parts came in Yesterday. Going to have a busy.. busy, weekend

I just realized I spent as much in parts for the Envoy, as I did on my Tooth Extraction. Car parts, and human parts... who knew they were that expensive!

Blckshdw

Not in the mail, but it did get delivered. My sister dropped off a monitor and wireless keyboard that she's not using. Her new work from home job gave her a bunch of new stuff, so it's my turn for some hand-me-downs. Monitor measures 29" on the diagonal, sure beats the 21" and 19" that I'm using. Going to look up some mounting options, and docking stations, so I can use all 3 together. :biggrin:

20201018_104641.jpg

Mooseman

While I was gone, New engineering plans for the metal garage, Snowmobile trail pass and some insurance paperwork.

Reprise

Lifetime VIP Supporter
Yet another set of replacement headlamp housings for the Sierra (OEM style, not projectors, etc.)

Truck came with a set of projectors, but the mount was broken on the P/S side, and the thing was misaligned as a result. I still have them, too, if anyone wants them. (PM me).

Next, I purchased an OEM-style set from Amazon about a year ago, but broke one of the mounts, which doubles to house the alignment screws, and couldn't get epoxy to hold the thin edge that broke back together. Found out later that the mounts on these were thinner / flimsier than OEM housings (had nothing to compare with, remember?) They did come with both high / low beam halogen bulbs, though, which was nice.

Finally broke down and got a 3rd set, this time from eBay. These have more robust mounts, like the OEM, and hopefully will hold up better. Cheapest I could find a new 'single' was about $32. A set was $52-ish, so I went for that, figuring I'll have a matched set, and a spare P/S housing.

So, yeah, I'm still rocking boring OEM-style 99-06 housings, but at least the D/S one won't be pointing downward any longer. :2thumbsup:

Mooseman

Got me some new floor liners for the Av. I've had both Weathertechs and Huskys and like the Huskys better. They cover better and keep their shape.

Husky liners are harder to find here but found Truck Part Superstore that was the cheapest online ($135cad) and are less than 2 hours away. Ordered Sunday night and here just now 😊

Attachments

Mooseman

Yep. And I have an older set in the TB that I found at the PnP and even those are better but these new ones do look better. The black is way better than the grey.

Mooseman

Xmas for the Av. A new Android HU to replace the pathetic stock Nav unit. It came with the OBD adapter and coming later, a backup camera (not needed since I already have one stock) and a front camera to use as a dashcam.

Also in the pic, a PWM motor controller for a vent fan I ordered for the RV and 5 timed relays that I'll be using to simulate a button press in the Av to automatically cancel the "Service suspension system" message in the DIC (writeup forthcoming). The gas strut is a kit for my tilt sled trailer to hold it in the up position while loading the sled. It was an open package deal on Amazon for almost half the price.PXL_20201029_191409948_resized828643349781426793.jpg

Mooseman

Some oil filters, dash cam for the Av to go with it's Android HU and ACDelco air shocks. It's sagging ever so slightly and these will work really nice for that as well as when I'm towing. Good deal on them too from an Amazon warehouse deal. It's just like new except the box was opened.

Attachments

Mooseman

Not for the Av for once, a vent fan for the RV. Price dropped enough for me to grab it from Amazon.

Man, with all this stuff I've been getting, I need a shipping and receiving dept.

Attachments

Mooseman

And it continues. Order from RA came in. I think I'll do the Evap vent update tomorrow, plugs and wires. Hopefully that will take care of the shake and the fuelling problems.

Also came in was noise filters for the Android HU (if I can get it working again) and the boxes are a desk, filing cabinet and bookcase for Mrs. Moose's home office. At least her dept. is paying $500 of the $1000 cost.

Attachments

Mooseman

Received my canister for the Av while I continue to try and fix fuelling issues. However now we know who makes them for ACDelco.

Attachments

Mooseman

Tow mirrors with signals for the Av.

Attachments

northcreek

Gauge and sender to install in my plow truck.
FWIW I always use Marine gauges and senders since they are water,corrosion, vibration proof and there is a lot of good used stuff out there from boat salvage.
Gauge brands (US made): Livorsi, Medallion,Beede,Faria .
Senders: Livorsi, KUS, WEM
100_1555.JPG100_1554.JPG

Last edited:

northcreek

Front tires(18x9.50-8) for my beater gas golf cart came today, shipped to TSC and I picked them up, pretty good deal.... :2thumbsup:

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Unanswered questions
Answered questions
Members
Latest member
quarryroader