What came in your mail today?

mrrsm

Lifetime VIP Donor
Supporting Donor
Oct 22, 2015
Tampa Bay Area
These very pricey items came in yesterday and I've added these images of them to my "Flickr-Bucket" Front Brakes and Wheel Hub Rebuild Pictorial Display:

...and to THIS to Original Thread as pending work to be completed... Post-Covid Time:

I ordered the imaged GM & ACDelco EVAP Hardware to swap in while I still have the 2000 Blue Silvy up on Jack Stands and before the Hot Summer Weather descends upon us.

Attachments

• ACDELCOPERFBRAKEDISK1.jpeg
    ACDELCOPERFBRAKEDISK1.jpeg
    60 KB · Views: 0
  • ACDELCOPERFBRAKEDISK3.jpeg
    ACDELCOPERFBRAKEDISK3.jpeg
    58.6 KB · Views: 0
  • SILVERADOTIMKENWB1.jpeg
    SILVERADOTIMKENWB1.jpeg
    74.2 KB · Views: 0
  • SILVERADOTIMKENWB2.jpeg
    SILVERADOTIMKENWB2.jpeg
    67.5 KB · Views: 0
  • SILVERADOTIMKENWB3.jpeg
    SILVERADOTIMKENWB3.jpeg
    49.6 KB · Views: 0
  • SILVERADOTIMKENWB4.jpeg
    SILVERADOTIMKENWB4.jpeg
    68.5 KB · Views: 1
  • SILVERADOTIMKENWB5.jpeg
    SILVERADOTIMKENWB5.jpeg
    48.4 KB · Views: 1
  • SILVERADOTIMKENWB6.jpeg
    SILVERADOTIMKENWB6.jpeg
    51.1 KB · Views: 1
  • ACDELCOEVAPHW1.jpeg
    ACDELCOEVAPHW1.jpeg
    90.2 KB · Views: 1
  • ACDELCOEVAPHW2.jpeg
    ACDELCOEVAPHW2.jpeg
    46.1 KB · Views: 1
  • ACDELCOEVAPHW3.jpeg
    ACDELCOEVAPHW3.jpeg
    51.9 KB · Views: 1
  • ACDELCOEVAPHW4.jpeg
    ACDELCOEVAPHW4.jpeg
    58.5 KB · Views: 1
  • ACDELCOPERFBRAKEDISK2.jpeg
    ACDELCOPERFBRAKEDISK2.jpeg
    63.4 KB · Views: 1

gmcman

Dec 12, 2011
YES!

View attachment 100635

This is the second set I ordered, not the first one from a month ago from the US, which is still somewhere between Rochester and Quebec.
I'm trying to guess what that is......a long-reach fluid filling device with a shut-off valve, or an extended reach garden hose attachment? :cool: Or.....something else.

TollKeeper

Supporting Donor
Dec 3, 2011
Brighton, CO
**Snap** Puts on gloves.. You tell me! :smile:

The title for my Esky!

Now time to go spend another 1200 bucks for Tax/Title/License plates.

• Sad
Reactions: Matt and Mooseman

Mooseman

Dec 4, 2011
Ottawa, ON
I'm trying to guess what that is......a long-reach fluid filling device with a shut-off valve, or an extended reach garden hose attachment? :cool: Or.....something else.
It's an RV hot water tank rinser. Mine had bad smells last weekend so will be using this to clean it out and will add a zinc/aluminum anode rod.

And this came in today

PXL_20210609_230143033_resized1231815800160088007.jpg

The two cards of batteries were in the envelope which was in that huge box! I mean, really? A bubble envelope would have sufficed. Talk about waste :hopeless:

TollKeeper

Supporting Donor
Dec 3, 2011
Brighton, CO
Two rear load-leveling shocks for the Yukon, fronts will get done later.

Arnott AS2708.

View attachment 100664
How much did you end up paying for them if I can ask. I see prices all over the map for these things.

Let me know what you think of the quality of the part. I need these for my Esky.

gmcman

Dec 12, 2011
How much did you end up paying for them if I can ask. I see prices all over the map for these things.

Let me know what you think of the quality of the part. I need these for my Esky.

I bought from Summit, $186 each plus a $50 core (each) and was free shipping.

Just some food for thought....Upon some searching after the fact, I have discovered a few details I was not aware of.

According to Arnott, these shocks, AS2708, are...."completely rebuilt rear air shock". So I would assume a "completely" rebuilt "air shock" would include seals, etc for the "shock" mechanism. However, that's not the case. They use the old core, rebuild the air section using new Goodyear parts, but thoroughly test the damping of the shock.

To their defense, I'm fine with that as they offer a lifetime warranty and have an extensive following of satisfied customers...so I'm not doubting that they will work like new.

My issue is I have already purchased them, and who knows, maybe they will last another 90K, but I don't know the age of the internals and if they start bouncing in 20K miles, sure I can get a replacement but it's a hassle.

OEM rear shocks are about $300 each from the online GM parts sources, and those are brand new units...so it's a $120 savings gamble to see how long the 2708's last.

Reactions: Matt and xavierny25

Mooseman

Dec 4, 2011
Ottawa, ON
An antenna for my wifi backup camera on the RV and a new 7 way trailer plug with junction box.

PXL_20210611_203545770_resized8778550756099659822.jpg

Mooseman

Dec 4, 2011
Ottawa, ON
I got these on Amazon. I had them years ago and they're a godsend on rounded bolts. I lost them and I didn't even know they were still making them. There is a third bigger one that I'll also get later.

In the day, I used to use these on flare nuts a lot. PXL_20210613_010446125.jpg

mrrsm

Lifetime VIP Donor
Supporting Donor
Oct 22, 2015
Tampa Bay Area
After crawling around underneath my Blue Y2K Truck all this last week... I noticed that the GM OEM Diff Cover Bolts were contrasting badly against the Chrome-Plated Diff Cover, looking completely Rusty-N-Crusty (again). :>(

So today, the BIG Tube of the Permatex Orange Thread-Locker Gel I ordered from Amazon arrived. After going pretty fast though several, smaller bottles of this (Very Messy) LIQUID Flavor of this Stuff, I think that using the Gel will be much easier to work with.

I'm replacing those old fasteners with some Stainless Steel M8 X 1.25 X 20mm Bolts that should get here in just a few days. I know... it seems like such a 'silly, petty job' to have to worry myself over and re-do. But honestly, right now, it just looks like I've thrown a $50.00 Saddle on a $2.00 Horse ...and I won't be happy with it until its Finally Fixed.

EDIT: 07/08/2021

Added in Images of the recently arrived Diff Cover Fasteners. BOTH will work... But the Stainless Steel versions are Trouble Free...Forever. When I Swap these out, I'll "cover" any issues of their being excessively long if it happens that they need to be adjusted due to the Pumpkin having any Blind Holes.

Attachments

• PERMATEXORANGETHREADLOCKER.jpg
    PERMATEXORANGETHREADLOCKER.jpg
    29.6 KB · Views: 2
  • Y2KSILVERADOSSDIFFCOVERBOLTS.jpg
    Y2KSILVERADOSSDIFFCOVERBOLTS.jpg
    25.5 KB · Views: 2
  • Y2KSILVERADODIFFCOVERBOLTS.jpg
    Y2KSILVERADODIFFCOVERBOLTS.jpg
    42.6 KB · Views: 2
  • DIFFCOVERZINCBOLTS1.jpg
    DIFFCOVERZINCBOLTS1.jpg
    19.2 KB · Views: 0
  • DIFFCOVERSTAINLESSSTEELBOLTS1.jpg
    DIFFCOVERSTAINLESSSTEELBOLTS1.jpg
    16.7 KB · Views: 0
  • DIFFCOVERSTAINLESSSTEELBOLTS2.jpg
    DIFFCOVERSTAINLESSSTEELBOLTS2.jpg
    24.8 KB · Views: 0
Last edited:

Mooseman

Dec 4, 2011
Ottawa, ON
Got 6 of these to use as LED light dimmers in the RV. They're especially bright above the bed and blind us before going to sleep. Would be nice to also dim the ones in the main room. 2021-06-1321.49.025575073212502513361.jpg

Blckshdw

Nov 20, 2011
Tampa Bay Area, FL
A few goodies today. Hand blender kit with a food chopper, whisk, and milk frother. Since I've been cooking more, been running into more scenarios where this would come in handy, more than using my big blender or some other appliances.

Got a cooling fan stand for my PS4 with some controller charging ports. Really need it or the controller charging, also gives me a convenient place to put them so they're out of the way.

Stumbled on the last one, a kitchen sink mounted glass rinser. The single serve cups for my Ninja blender are a royal pain to wash by hand when I make fruit smoothies, the dish washer doesn't get them clean unless it's run right away. I like to rinse out bottles and jars before recycling, so being able to get some jets of hot water in there will make those jobs faster. Been hitting up the cocktail shaker more frequently as well, so quick rinses to keep that from getting sticky between uses will be helpful too.

20210614_182022.jpg

xavierny25

Mar 16, 2014
Staten Island, N.Y
Helping a friend with the audio set up in his Jeep. So I ordered up some stuff I needed to get everything working together nicely. Currently he's running 2 amps 1 5 channel for his front stage and subs the other is a 6 channel for his over head sound bar. I'll get pics of it all tomorrow once I start cleaning up the wiring and get it sounding right.20210614_231927.jpg
1 DS18 3 way crossover with remote bass knob
3 sets of stinger 8000 3' RCA cables
3 pair braided directional stinger 12' RCA cables
1 150 amp stinger main breaker

Blckshdw

Nov 20, 2011
Tampa Bay Area, FL
If I'm reading that correctly and the label date is 6/12, that's some pretty fast shipping coming from over there. :yes:

Mooseman

Dec 4, 2011
Ottawa, ON
And DHL! Mine's still stuck in no man's land since May 28th just coming from the US!

gmcman

Dec 12, 2011
If I'm reading that correctly and the label date is 6/12, that's some pretty fast shipping coming from over there. :yes:
Yeah, I agree. I placed the order on the evening of the 10th.

Sorry, was doing yardwork when DHL arrived, I knew if I opened the box the yard would not get finished... :cool:

I wish I had done this years ago, luckily I was able to get by so far without it, but would have surely helped out. This is a welcome addition with the recent Yukon purchase for sure.

Attachments

• 20210617_161252.jpg
    20210617_161252.jpg
    464.6 KB · Views: 10

Mooseman

Dec 4, 2011
Ottawa, ON
And only 2 days. Canada Post FTW!

PXL_20210617_235234830.jpg

gmcman

Dec 12, 2011
Let me know what you think of the quality of the part. I need these for my Esky

I took my first road trip with the Yukon and installed the rear shocks a couple days prior.

I did need the air line kit from the 2000-2006 Yukon XL/Burb as the LR airline was not long enough for full operation.

The old ones didn't feel that bad when trying to compress them by hand, but that won't tell the whole story. The difference was quite noticeable once driving, even fully loaded down with cargo, and 4 people, the rear didn't bounce anymore.

So far I'm very pleased.

Reactions: Mooseman and Matt

xavierny25

Mar 16, 2014
Staten Island, N.Y
20210701_175000.jpg
New XS power agm 3600D battery for the Voy.

20210701_175012.jpg
Retractable extention cord for the side of the house. I've gotten pretty tired unrolling and rolling up my 75' extention cord so this should help a whole lot.
20210701_175029.jpg
Wall mounted water resistant Speakers for the back off the house.

Blckshdw

Nov 20, 2011
Tampa Bay Area, FL
It had been a minute, so I ordered some deep dish pizzas to get shipped to me. Didn't realize I had ordered the 9" versions instead of the 12" like I usually do. But it worked out cuz the larger ones are out of stock with no ETA. 👎

20210701_170136.jpg

Got some ice cream/cookie scoops. The last couple of times I made cookies, trying to portion them out by hand was a mess. Trying to use a regular spoon wasn't much better, since you still gotta use your hand anyway. :hopeless: My fellow foodie friends recommended these, and I found the set for cheap.

Also got some higher flow deflector nozzles for the tank sprayer. I need to put out a much heavier application, so these should let me use a higher pressure.

20210702_151853.jpg

christo829

Dec 7, 2011
Fairfax, Virginia
Can't load images to the site just now, but suffice it to say that I'll be spending a lot of time perusing the Tech 2 threads and getting to know the clone that just landed on my doorstep! :smile:

Once I make sure it's powering up properly and I get a little more familiar with it I'll add my name to the list in case anyone in the Northern Virginia region finds themselves in need. Right now it's still in the plastic wrap.

Cheers-

Chris

mrrsm

Lifetime VIP Donor
Supporting Donor
Oct 22, 2015
Tampa Bay Area
Congratulations, Brother!

Start with THIS Lil' Gem of a PDF Document...It's "The Bible" of Tech 2 Step-By-Step Diagnostic Procedures... Literally "From A to Z"

Attachments

• TECH2 Paths.pdf
    490.2 KB · Views: 3

northcreek

Jan 15, 2012
WNY
Making my own cable railing system because people are asking stupid money for them. Going to do the small upper deck first and if we like it the lower (big) deck will be next.
Got these today:
71iVYLG8kuL._AC_SL1500_ (1).jpgs-l1600.jpeg

Mooseman

Dec 4, 2011
Ottawa, ON
Got this little gem to help with lifting the heavy weight distributing hitch. Basically hook it onto the ball and it's balanced without having to bend over and grab it with both hands. Will be a back saver!

71ejwDkCuSL._AC_SL1500_.jpg
PXL_20210708_163748600.jpg

mrrsm

Lifetime VIP Donor
Supporting Donor
Oct 22, 2015
Tampa Bay Area
@xavierny25 ... Didn't know about your having an AGM... Just an FYI... The Battery Tender I mentioned back in this Thread has turned out to be an absolute Godsend for keeping the AGM in my Silverado "Fresh & Peppy" ever since. The AGM Rescue was totally successful, too:

Reactions: xavierny25

xavierny25

Mar 16, 2014
Staten Island, N.Y
@xavierny25 ... Didn't know about your having an AGM... Just an FYI... The Battery Tender I mentioned back in this Thread has turned out to be an absolute Godsend for keeping the AGM in my Silverado "Fresh & Peppy" ever since. The AGM Rescue was totally successful, too:

@MRRSM its up here in post 2103 and also posted in when I installed it in the "what did you do to your gmt today".

I had to go AGM do to the amount of draw my car audio (×3) amplifiers where doing to the Duralast gold. It was also getting old at 5+ years.

I do remember your post about the battery tender and do in fact plan to pick 1 up.

As of now my plan is to put in a 2nd smaller AGM battery with an isolator in the back just to keep the subwoofer amplifiers happy with plenty of stored power. I saw a xs power AGM 1k to 1500 kit that should do the trick. I may even have to upgrade my alternator at some point as well.

I've been monitoring my voltage and have not seen any drops into the 10volt range like I was seeing with the duralast gold in fact the AGM stays high into the 15volt range and has only once dropped down to 12.3 , of course it is totally do to my bass head issues. 🤣

• Love
Reactions: mrrsm

Blckshdw

Nov 20, 2011
Tampa Bay Area, FL
Got a USB internet adapter to breathe a lil speed into my ancient laptop to take better advantage of the new router speeds. Y'all know what those other things are, and probably know exactly why they're needed. The driver's door one has been removed, none of the clips were left :hahano:

20210720_174822.jpg

Blckshdw

Nov 20, 2011
Tampa Bay Area, FL
Got a new Eonon Android 10.1 head unit. Came with a bunch of free goodies. DVR dashcam, OBDII BT adapter and a universal backup camera. The dashcam doesn't have any adjustment ability, not thrilled about that. Will try to see if I can get my existing one to work with the HU, if I can install the app the 1st one came with. Existing backup cam should work, so one less thing to deal with.

20210724_141920.jpg

TollKeeper

Supporting Donor
Dec 3, 2011
Brighton, CO
More details of the radio when installed, pics and such please. Thinking about doing something in my Esky.. Just not sure yet.

Reactions: Blckshdw

Mooseman

Dec 4, 2011
Ottawa, ON
Nooooooooo! My last one I got for the Avy was an Eonon. It was a pile of crap. The app for the dash cam sucked and getting the updated one is worse. I sure hope it doesn't have the same interface as mine because it sucked, unable to change any of the shortcuts. Your screen face doesn't seem to be the same but the camera and OBD adapter are. And be prepared to tape up the chime speaker, it's loud.

Blckshdw

Nov 20, 2011
Tampa Bay Area, FL
Nooooooooo! My last one I got for the Avy was an Eonon. It was a pile of crap. The app for the dash cam sucked and getting the updated one is worse. I sure hope it doesn't have the same interface as mine because it sucked, unable to change any of the shortcuts. Your screen face doesn't seem to be the same but the camera and OBD adapter are. And be prepared to tape up the chime speaker, it's loud.

Damnit, wish I would have known that before. It's only half installed now. Dash is still in the back seat. Only got it linked to my phone so I could have a working screen with music when I went out. It appears I can have multiple screens with shortcuts like the last one. Tried the steering wheel control setup without looking at the instructions, it wasn't intuitive. Only downside I see right now, turning off the key caused a hard reboot. So I hope there's an option in the settings somewhere for the fast boot option. I'll read the manual a little later, and mess with it when it's not so hot in the garage.

I've got a PAC chime box, so hopefully there's no double duty to deal with.

northcreek

Jan 15, 2012
WNY
Got this in 2 days from RA to do the brakes on the JGC :2thumbsup: but,as luck would have it one of the rotors is an obvious returned item. I paid up for the rust proof coating so I'm not going to accept it with scrapes and dings in that coating so it's going back....pic shows one of several hammer marks.More than cosmetics, my real concern is why it was returned and hammered on.

100_1781.JPG100_1789.JPG

Last edited:

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MissCrutcher

Members Online