What are you doing today?

Status
Not open for further replies.

HARDTRAILZ

Nov 18, 2011
Home with kids and 3 extra kids from wifes daycare cause her grandma got rushed to ER and now headed to Cincinnati for surgery. Fun Fun

• Sad
Reactions: Matt and Blckshdw

TollKeeper

Supporting Donor
Dec 3, 2011
Brighton, CO
Work, Orientating a new employee, and wishing these government perfected (sarcasm intended) websites would work!

Blckshdw

Nov 20, 2011
Tampa Bay Area, FL
Enjoying my last meal of solid food for a few days... :ugh:

Got the runaround with UPS. One of my Amazon returns last month (UBJ where the zerk fitting wouldn't screw in), still wasn't received yet, when the 2 other items I dropped off at the same time, going to the same place, were received within a week. Tracking number was stuck at "label printed" status. Went to the UPS store yesterday, they said they had no additional info, call customer service, they'll figure it out. Reach out to them, they got nothing, and say talk to Amazon, they have to do an internal investigation. OK fine, chat up Amazon after dinner and let them know what's up... Customer service person looks up the order number, goes quiet for a minute or 2, and then says don't worry about it. Ignore the email warning me they needed the part back by 1/20. Umm, OK, if you say so.

• Sad
  • Wow
Reactions: xavierny25 and Matt

HARDTRAILZ

Nov 18, 2011
Running the daycare and the regular job and then have chiro and a side job appointment later, cause the wife is at hospital for her grandma surgery. Does not get much busier.

Mooseman

Dec 4, 2011
Ottawa, ON
Dealing with a man cold. Wife not any better on antibiotics for a number of infections.

Sparky

Dec 4, 2011
Work from home this morning as the wife has a 24 hr stomach bug that hit her hard yesterday. She is doing better but hard to handle a toddler running around on her own when she feels like throwing up.

Blckshdw

Nov 20, 2011
Tampa Bay Area, FL

Took the rest of the week off. Went to see the oral surgeon and get all of my wisdom teeth removed. bottom 2 were deeply impacted, but not bothering me. One of the upper ones was broken at the gum line, that got infected last summer, so was finally time to deal with those.

Had a friend swing by and pick me up this morning, since I told them I didn't want to be on this planet for this procedure, and to put me under. I didn't start to feel anxious until we were in the waiting room, and one of the nurses came out to go through the waiver form. That's when shit got real. After they started the IV, it didn't take more than a minute, and the next thing I know, I can feel them packing gauze in my mouth and disconnecting all the electrodes and crap they stuck under my shirt.

Didn't feel too bad walking out of there. Definitely nowhere near as loopy as some of the people you see in the videos. More like I had 3 or 4 drinks, and my mouth was stuffed with saltines or something. They set me up with some antibiotics, hydrocodone (although that's in case the ibuprofen/Tylenol combo they prefer doesn't do the trick) and some special mouth rinse. About an hour later, I could tell the rest of the anesthesia was wearing off. Popped some pills, wrapped the ice packs on my face, and been chillin ever since.

For the most part, the pain has been tolerable, maybe a 3/10. Talking is uncomfortable. The doc called an hour ago to follow up and see how I was doing. My jaws were in considerable more pain after hanging up from that. Good thing I live alone right now. Haven't tried eating yet, but I've got the usual suspects on deck. Jello, pudding, mashed potatoes, yogurt, smoothies, etc. One thing the doc said that I didn't like, was that the pain and swelling was going to increase over the next couple of days, before it gets better. :hissyfit:

Mar 30, 2016
KSA
Hi, everyone

Been really busy ever since I got back. Trying to get an EVAP issue sorted out on the Yukon, an issue with the cannister and solenoid is causing the build up of carbon, leading to sluggish acceleration. Have got all the parts just need to get them into the car. My trailblazer has new link arms ready to go in. Other than that both trucks are running beautifully. Feels good to be back :celebrate:

Mooseman

Dec 4, 2011
Ottawa, ON
Got an actuator for @xavierny25 and well as picking some TPMS sensors. And how do you think I got them out?

I made sure the tires were junk first before doing that.

Attachments

• IMG_20200110_143650.jpg
    IMG_20200110_143650.jpg
    563.7 KB · Views: 11

HARDTRAILZ

Nov 18, 2011
In the cube farm again

• Sad
Reactions: Matt

Mooseman

Dec 4, 2011
Ottawa, ON
Teeth cleaning today and then picking up a used Xmas tree for cheap. This was the last year for a real tree. Too much mess and it died before Xmas.

Reactions: BrianF and Matt

Ilikemy3s

Dec 3, 2011
I am in Vegas this week for a work related trip. Since dinner is on our own and not like the team breakfasts and lunches, I am guessing we well get some free time at night

Reactions: Matt

Blckshdw

Nov 20, 2011
Tampa Bay Area, FL
Back in the office today. Feeling a bit better, but still have a ways to go. Had the expected people stop by my office to check on me, even though I warned them I'm buried under a ton of emails and report requests to catch up on. :rolleyes:

...then picking up a used Xmas tree for cheap. This was the last year for a real tree. Too much mess and it died before Xmas.

Apparently I'm not completely in my right mind, cuz I had to read this like 4 times before it made sense. I initially read this as "Picking up someone else's old Xmas tree, because real Xmas trees won't be available for purchase in 2020, and the one you used this past year died, so you'll use this as its replacement." :bonk: Don't mind me, I'm gonna have lunch, maybe I need food in my system so my brain starts working faster.

Mooseman

Dec 4, 2011
Ottawa, ON
Yeah, it's an artificial tree with built in lights.

HARDTRAILZ

Nov 18, 2011
In the cube. Company picture day and new hire luncheon.

Reactions: Mooseman

Mooseman

Dec 4, 2011
Ottawa, ON
This lack of snow is killing me but then, my sled isn't ready yet to hit the trails. My son's sled is occupying our tiny garage while we wait for parts. Mine needs at minimum an oil and coolant change, starter solenoid, track change, left side mirror repaired, modify the rear skid with bigger idler wheels for slider longevity and adding a fourth rear axle wheel and a good once going over and greasing. Also want to put in an LED headlight kit, which should be fairly easy.

Today, I'm putting the new to me trailer I bought late last season from gov't auction in the driveway and if it's not too cold, fix it up and add needed stuff. One of the support arms is bent (aluminum should bend back easily with the press) and install some cut up truck bed plastic liner as track guides and traction mat, and replace some of the non-LED lights with LEDs. There's also a couple of rips in the hard cover's aluminum sheeting, not sure how I'll fix those so it doesn't look bad.

BrianF

Jul 24, 2013
West central Sask.
Since it was nice and cold, I waited until around 1030 to go out and do morning chores. It warmed up to about -35 but man was it nice. Sun was out, the wind was non existent and it was really nice. Sure my face iced up but my hands were fine with thin gloves. I then cleared some snow the the JD snowblower. That was a pain. Cold soaked, I could barely pull the thing over as it was like a block of ice. Once it fired it was good to go.

I was going to take the sleds out for a burn but something in the drivetrain was sticking. I jacked the back up so the track was off the ground but it was still burning the belt and barely turning the track. Thinking brake or gear box is frozen. But they did fire first pull after a healthy prime.

Reactions: Matt and Mooseman

Mooseman

Dec 4, 2011
Ottawa, ON
It warmed up to about -35 but man was it nice. Sun was out, the wind was non existent and it was really nice.

I was out today in -5c and got chilled to the bone while working on that trailer. Just a little breeze, overcast and humidity just about killed me. That humidity does make a difference (or lack thereof).

BrianF

Jul 24, 2013
West central Sask.
That's one bonus... in a way out here, it is dry when its this cold and if the wind is down, it can really be nice. A couple of winters ago we were out doing some work in the yard. It was -20C but no wind and the sun was out in force. Snow pants, a sweater, no gloves and nothing needed on your head. I really cannot complain much about the winters out here. Yes they are long, can be cold but really, its not like the east coast with their incessant storms and mountains of snow, or like BC where their roads become impassible every time it snows. Plus the cold keeps the hippies at bay.

Reactions: Mooseman and Eric04

xavierny25

Mar 16, 2014
Staten Island, N.Y
Management finally opened up our spending budget for the year and they decided to drop a few bucks on our supply room. Which is full of so much crap I'd rather just toss most of it in the trash. So I picked out a few racks (5 to be exact) and a locking tool storage cabinet.20200114_111623.jpg
20200114_111638.jpg
20200114_130500.jpg
Storage cabinet is or might be....
20200114_131228.jpg

Still have a long way to go to unfuk this mess and get it sorted out.
20200114_153815.jpg
Unfortunately I can't just throw stuff out all willy nilly with out the superintendents say so. Wish he would just let me do this my way and get out my way. Lol.

TollKeeper

Supporting Donor
Dec 3, 2011
Brighton, CO
Filed some company taxes today. Company is getting ready for a 20% increase of work per our contract. So boss is getting ready to figure out what trucks need to go, and how many more new trucks we need to purchase. Getting ready for IRP taxes next month, sorting thru truck mileages, and other odds and ends.

HARDTRAILZ

Nov 18, 2011
Working in the cube

BrianF

Jul 24, 2013
West central Sask.
Last of 2 days off. Helping my wife at the store. Got my neck and back cracked. Man it's funny how you don't notice the slow decline in your range of motion until you get all cracked up.

Yesterday, with our -40 ambient and colder windchill I said F it and wanted to go for a rip on the sleds. It took a bit of belt smoke and some slow driving but I got the Evinrude running nice. It's amazing to see all the animal tracks around our property. The rabbits are out as are the foxes, deer and yotes. I haven't seen moose in our or near our property in quite some time. They usually hang out on the highway at night.

Thinking of getting some snowshoes or skis to do my patrols. Would be much quieter and I could drag out a rifle as well. Plus there is no better exercise than a good old fashion bag drive.

northcreek

Jan 15, 2012
WNY
Watching the multi-day Barrett Jackson auctions from Scottsdale,Az. and other than a stock TB SS the 360's don't seem to be well represented ??
They will probably be the rage in a few years and catch on fire like the so called "Glamor Era" trucks have lately.

Eric04

Dec 3, 2014
West Michigan
Cleared the few inches of snow that dropped last night. After that the wife and I had a bunch of errands to run and I had a few small jobs to hit after we got back. Just came in from checking the brake fluid level on the trailblazer and it was at the mark. Even though I triple checked for leaks and the test drive last night went well I was still waiting for something to go wrong. I get that way with any fluid change, really.

BrianF

Jul 24, 2013
West central Sask.
Work took me on a nice long rip on the snowmobiles. Put a few miles on out in the country. Lots of powder and lots of drifts. Had fun, got what we were looking for and now I am nice and sore. Getting old I suppose.

Got home after, did chores and moved some snow with the blower.

• Haha
Reactions: Redbeard

HARDTRAILZ

Nov 18, 2011
Bout to leave the cube village and attend a couple meetings for my kiddos

Reactions: Matt and Redbeard

Sparky

Dec 4, 2011
Bunch of work stuff. Online chat rep for a local dealership was totally useless when I asked what it would cost to get my airbag light code checked. She started asking about the airbag recall and seemed to think the light could be related, but was not sure what it would cost.... 🙄

• Sad
Reactions: Matt and Redbeard

littleblazer

Jul 6, 2014
Tacking the exhaust in place and figuring out why the door lights only run on the timer and the buzzer won't shut off...

HARDTRAILZ

Nov 18, 2011
Cube farm...yippee

TollKeeper

Supporting Donor
Dec 3, 2011
Brighton, CO
Same here.... Not much going on today. Waiting for the big boss to give me permission to write the 150-170k dollar check for taxes. No new hires in the works. EOY paperwork is all done. Looks to be a kinda boring day honestly.

HARDTRAILZ

Nov 18, 2011
Finished up the work week strong and put some extra cash in the bank from a nice side gig. Couple weeks check in a couple long days.

Trying to figure out what is up the the kids since I got a buddy needing help finishing his basement. A little physical labor to offset the mental olympics of the week.

BrianF

Jul 24, 2013
West central Sask.
Have the weekend off so my wife and I were able to come to calgary for some stuff. traffic was good and weather was great. Above zero with dry roads.

Rolled into the Cummins shop for some filters for my 3500. It's only at 82k km right now but the 100k service is a big one. Some of my needed filters were on sale. At my rate it will be in the fall when I do the service

162 bucks for just the front 3 micron fuel filter and ccv. That's not including the rear water separator, oil filter, transmission filter, 12 litres of oil and 10 litres of atf.

What can I say? My ISB6.7 has expensive taste.

20200124_213353.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MissCrutcher

Members Online