What are you doing today?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mooseman

Dec 4, 2011
Ottawa, ON
Too...hot...to...do...anything...outside :drooling:

After breakfast, will probably stay inside and help the wife finish painting the living room and then move furniture back (I miss my lazyboy!)

Matt

Dec 2, 2011
Replaced the rear calipers and bled them with fresh DOT 4. I have brakes! I think I'm going to get new front calipers and pads all round. It stops real quick without the ABS activating.

Mooseman

Dec 4, 2011
Ottawa, ON
So you giving it a second chance? a reprieve from execution?

littleblazer

Jul 6, 2014
Switching to nights next week. Going to make some apple pie moonshine and then off to the boat. Also staring at the TRS website...

BrianF

Jul 24, 2013
West central Sask.
Well my wife and I got more fence staked off. Had some more brush to cut and well... tossed the chain again. I opted for the 18" bar/chain on my little Husky 445 as it gives decent reach when cutting all that brush and other overgrown garbage but I think its too much slack allowing it to toss. I guess a new chain and perhaps a 16" will be more optimal for limbing and brush cutting.

So tomorrow I will tear the saw down for some maintenance, inspect the bar and chain and go from there. I will see what prices the local dealers want but I am guessing I will be ordering online.

Matt

Dec 2, 2011
So you giving it a second chance? a reprieve from execution?

No mate, but I need it to hang together for about another 6 or so months, plus, it should be safe for the next owner.

Reactions: Mooseman

Mooseman

Dec 4, 2011
Ottawa, ON
No mate, but I need it to hang together for about another 6 or so months, plus, it should be safe for the next owner.

Next owner? with a rusted frame?
"Yeah mate, just don't hit the brakes too hard or the body might fly off" :rotfl:
Just be sure to keep that tuned PCM and pass it on.

Moving the furniture back into the living room (Yay! Getting my Lazyboy back!), set back up the TV and surround system, then dinner with my mum.

Blckshdw

Nov 20, 2011
Tampa Bay Area, FL
Forgot I told my sister that I'd go to her storage unit today and get some big plastic bins out of there that she was giving to me. She stopped by to give me keys to the new lock, since I had the wrong ones (good thing she realized that before I went there or... :Banghead: ) There were 5 pretty big ones, so I had to make 2 trips. One of them had some papers and documents in it, so sat that by the front door. I warned her I'm not trying to be a storage locker for her stuff, and she claims she's going to come get this stuff, but she had to be out of the storage place by tomorrow or pay another month.

My plan is, once I get a new bedroom set, I'll get a platform bed, be able to store seasonal clothes in the bins, and slide them under the bed, freeing up closet and drawer space. Same for comforters and blankets most of the year.

BrianF

Jul 24, 2013
West central Sask.
Well the chain is buggered, no point in salvaging it. Will check the local dealer tomorrow to tide me over until I order the new bar/chains from Amazon. Looks like the bar is still good.

Tore into the powerhead for an inspection and cleaning. Other than some wear on the plastic bar oiler worm gear, clutch cover and chain catch, its all good to go. Gave it some compressed air and a wipe down, fresh grease on the oiler gear and bearings and then back together.

I contemplated picking up a small pro saw, possibly a 543XP for limbing and 545/550xp for a dual saw setup. I mean in reality, the 543 with a 16" bar would be more than ample as I really do not have much for big trees to knock down, most is just bush out here. But... this little 445 gets her done just fine. Not sure how I can explain spending 1500$ on some saws to my wife.

Attachments

• 20190707_143745.jpg
    20190707_143745.jpg
    1,000.4 KB · Views: 6
  • 20190707_143755.jpg
    20190707_143755.jpg
    591.4 KB · Views: 6
  • 20190707_143803.jpg
    20190707_143803.jpg
    693.6 KB · Views: 6
  • 20190707_144413.jpg
    20190707_144413.jpg
    481.8 KB · Views: 6
  • 20190707_144719.jpg
    20190707_144719.jpg
    647.7 KB · Views: 6

Matt

Dec 2, 2011
Next owner? with a rusted frame?
"Yeah mate, just don't hit the brakes too hard or the body might fly off" :rotfl:
Just be sure to keep that tuned PCM and pass it on.

I may have to have the original PCM tuned because of the thermal fan clutch. And the frame was repaired properly, so it's good to go. I just need to get something be a hell of a lot better gas mileage and I don't have to room or the wallet for an extra car right now...but if I did.

HARDTRAILZ

Nov 18, 2011
:crackup: very much alive my friend... got a lot of projects that I'd like to get done before Woodward this year and a bunch of parts just laying on my counter but that ever so crafty father time has been against me...

Wrapped up the work week today. Finally have a day to myself tomorrow since i'm off from both jobs. Going to tackle some yard projects and maybe work on the beaSSt.
My sister is living right by 9 mile and I am hoping to get to Woodward this year.

Replacing the driver's side wheel hub.
There was something really wrong with the last one - I had to heat it with a torch and smash the driveshaft with a sledgehammer so hard that the truck was rocking to get it out.
I'm on the 4th hub in 2 years. First new one lasted 1.5 years, next one two weeks. Used one was already defective and now trying a nice looking used MOOG unit (most people seem to praise MOOG). Passenger side is probably original and still is OK.
I have become an expert in hub replacement!
I did mine as yearly maintenance for several years and never used a a used hub...they are so cheap new. how much is a used one cause I buy pairs for 50ish new delivered. I would not be surprised if you had to swap that moog out soon...they are just cheap foreign crap these days. Good thing is that they only take about 20 minutes to swap out.

Today is first time in cube since last monday. Feels weird. I enjoyed not commuting, but did drive 4 hrs with a boat friday afternoon to Cumberland Lake and then brought it back Saturday night. My buddy bought a new toy and decided I should bring it down to him for some break-in hours on it. Lil more than the commute, but so much better to get on a lake than in a cube. Construction zones were awful small with a brand new 23 foot boat like this behind me though...

Boricua SS

Nov 20, 2011
Ohio
My sister is living right by 9 mile and I am hoping to get to Woodward this year.

:wooot::wooot: awesome. It's a great time!

Back to the work life. Working 9am-Midnight tonight between both jobs.

littleblazer

Jul 6, 2014

I did mine as yearly maintenance for several years and never used a a used hub...they are so cheap new. how much is a used one cause I buy pairs for 50ish new delivered. I would not be surprised if you had to swap that moog out soon...they are just cheap foreign crap these days. Good thing is that they only take about 20 minutes to swap out.

Today is first time in cube since last monday. Feels weird. I enjoyed not commuting, but did drive 4 hrs with a boat friday afternoon to Cumberland Lake and then brought it back Saturday night. My buddy bought a new toy and decided I should bring it down to him for some break-in hours on it. Lil more than the commute, but so much better to get on a lake than in a cube. Construction zones were awful small with a brand new 23 foot boat like this behind me though...
View attachment 89825
They put tandems under 23 footers now? God my trailer must be really over loaded lol. (I also hope the prop was in the boat...)

Got up early to do some house work... but its raining. Plan is to take a three hour nap around 2 so I'm freshened up for work at 7. We'll see.

HARDTRAILZ

Nov 18, 2011
That was just a dealer pic I snatched offline, I never bothered to take any of his actual boat but it is same colorscheme...WITH A PROP!!!!!! It is a tandem axle trailer and they must have upsold him on having Vault hubs on it cause he mentioned it a few times.

littleblazer

Jul 6, 2014
Jeez. Simple freaking bearing buddy is all it needs. Basic hubs outlast the trailer now lol.

HARDTRAILZ

Nov 18, 2011
Prayers for quick healing!

Today is another cube day, but think I will take off early cause i got a couple whole chickens to cook up on the pellet grill. Plus tomorrow is my anniversary and should spend some extra time with the wife.

littleblazer

Jul 6, 2014
Got an email saying my TRS swag will be here tomorrow. Getting caught up on sleep for night shift part two.

@Matt prayers from us all as well in NJ.

BrianF

Jul 24, 2013
West central Sask.
Well we put in 112 or so posts last night. We booked the post pounder for a full day and managed to crush the job last night. Used a towed, gas powered hydraulic pounder. My wife drives and I walk behind and operate the thing. My wife us one hell of a wheel man.... or is it wheelwoman?? Wheelperson?? No one I know can back up a trailer like she can. She used the 3500 for most of the work but the last line required some meneuverabilty that only the Trailblazer affords.

Anyways we worked ourselves out of a job today, which is fine. Took the pounder back and the kids are at the pool. My wife and I are just relaxing with some coffee at the store.

Got a new loop of pixel chain for my saw and will get her going today for some more bush work..

Mooseman

Dec 4, 2011
Ottawa, ON
Today, after fighting with the "new to me" RV's coupler, unhooked it from the TB, then had a nice smoked meat sammy at Dunn's deli, then went looking for tires for this thing since it has the original 15 year old Goodyears and a blown spare. Did score me a deep cycle battery for $89 at Princess Auto on sale. Sweet!

And now, working a night shift :diggrave:

Boricua SS

Nov 20, 2011
Ohio
Took the night off from the gym to wrap up the steering wheel swap and throw away the a pillar gauge pod setup i had... much cleaner interior now 😄

Reactions: Matt and Mooseman

Blckshdw

Nov 20, 2011
Tampa Bay Area, FL
Had been slacking on my cardio for about a week and a half so got back on the bike to try and get back into the routine. Also upped the resistance to the next setting, and I paid for it. Felt a few cramps trying to set in around the 45 minute mark in my calves and arches (that was fun) but was able to knock out my 15 miles in an hour. I'm thinking I'm gonna sleep really good tonight! :sleepy:

littleblazer

Jul 6, 2014
In the scale house.

Boricua SS

Nov 20, 2011
Ohio
Off to work I go. Afterwards, getting 3 tons of river rock delivered to finish up some landscaping projects. I just had to pick a 90* humid day for it :bonk:

Matt

Dec 2, 2011
Did my last run this morning before the 5K on Friday. I hate getting up so early to go run, but once I'm about halfway through I've got a pace down and just keep trudging.

HARDTRAILZ

Nov 18, 2011
Working for the man, but from the personal office. It is my anniversary so I think the wife wants to go for sushi tonight

Redbeard

Jan 26, 2013
Took the MIL for her very last ride. Her ashes took a ride to the Neptune society to have her ashes scattered at sea. One bloody idiot almost scattered them across a four lane road when he pulled out in front of me during a hard rain.

littleblazer

Jul 6, 2014
Putting in a double so I get off Friday. 7-5 7-5. About to take a 2 hour nap in the DOT office and have the guy upstairs wake me when he gets in.

Blckshdw

Nov 20, 2011
Tampa Bay Area, FL
Yesterday, since it was dry but cloudy, got a lot of yard work done. Grass was getting long, a few branches needed to be trimmed. Several boards on my fence have warped to the point of popping loose, so drove some screws into them. Still lost a few pounds in sweat, but at least I wasn't baking in the sun at the same time.

Somehow, I was completely unaware of the whole free Slurpee day at 7-11 every year, but the boss was not. She's taking the team out to get some in a little bit, just in time for my lunch, as I'm sure there will be a line and a bit of a wait. The day is flying by, hope it continues through tomorrow too.

Sparky

Dec 4, 2011
At work and the day is dragging. Stressed and my head is in a heavy fog (probably due to stress). Is it Friday yet?

• Sad
Reactions: Matt and Mooseman

xavierny25

Mar 16, 2014
Staten Island, N.Y
Counting down the hrs till I'm officially on vacation! :2thumbsup: :woohoo:I'm going to be driving down to south Carolina tomorrow for a wedding on Saturday and then driving to Myrtle beach Sunday afternoon. Going to see if I can find a perfectly good airplane I can jump out of hopefully. Lmao. If any one of you guys are in the area and want to meet, shoot me a message or reply here. My brother-in-law in the SS is inroute as we speak to to hotel. He was able to get out a day earlier then me.

littleblazer

Jul 6, 2014
I've reached my 18th straight hour here and my 30th hour of being awake. The nap was canned this morning.

HARDTRAILZ

Nov 18, 2011
Data entry to prep myself to have as lil as possible to do tomorrow.

Reactions: Matt and xavierny25

Mooseman

Dec 4, 2011
Ottawa, ON
Jacked up the RV, extended the awning to get some shade and saw that it's delaminating. Smelled really funky too. Then removed all the tires to get them replaced tomorrow. Took off two drums, cleaned and checked the brakes, cleaned out the old grease, repacked with fresh Lucas red synth grease and filled up the bearing buddies. Didn't have time to do the other two as a storm was approaching. Closed everything up.

Reactions: BrianF and Matt

Sparky

Dec 4, 2011
Cam in to work early and taking a couple hrs PTO to go look at a house early this afternoon. Likely making an offer, hoping the guy accepts. I have a printout of 5 comps to show that all sold for several K less than he is wanting to push for (same or better neighborhoods, same builder, similar age, etc). My offer is a little higher than the most expensive comp. This house has slightly more sq ft but overall basically same features and freshly renovated also, so extremely comparable.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MissCrutcher

Members Online