What are you doing today?

Status
Not open for further replies.

HARDTRAILZ

Nov 18, 2011
Nicer than I would have been

Matt

Dec 2, 2011
Waiting for 4 bells because I'm taking my wife to see Bret Michaels tonight for one of her Christmas pressies.

Mooseman

Dec 4, 2011
Ottawa, ON
Today, clear some space in the garage and bring in my sled for an oil change, lube and checkup.

TollKeeper

Supporting Donor
Dec 3, 2011
Brighton, CO
Today, clear some space in the garage and bring in my sled for an oil change, lube and checkup.

That reminds me I gotta do that so I can sell mine. I am going to get rid of my 96 and 97 model Ski-Doo's , and either go with a 2up wide track Yammi, or go with another Ski-Doo, but in the Scandic platform.

Reactions: Mooseman

HARDTRAILZ

Nov 18, 2011
Drove into the office to save a vacation day for use on Monday. Seems like it may have been an ok thing, but soreness is beginning to set in and unfortunately i cant lie down like i do at home when the surgery shit starts to bug me.

Guess it may be a short work day

TollKeeper

Supporting Donor
Dec 3, 2011
Brighton, CO
Sitting at the doctor's office with my son for his 1 year check up

Reactions: Eric04 and Matt

wstuckey1

Apr 11, 2018
Fenton MI
Whittling a kuksa

littleblazer

Jul 6, 2014
Added some stuff to my sub amp.
20181228_163246.jpg

Mounce

Mar 29, 2014
Tuscaloosa, AL
Picked up my brother's family car with complaint of a rare clunking noise in the front on bumps. Never heard the clunk on test drive and everything was decently tight when jacked up, sway bar end links were kinda loose but not that bad.. Does have a bad hub on the back though at 50k miles...

Reactions: Redbeard

djthumper

Administrator
Nov 20, 2011
North Las Vegas
Finally got the van to pass smog, Off to get the registration up to date and get my wife's handicap tag for it.

Reactions: Matt and Mooseman

Blckshdw

Nov 20, 2011
Tampa Bay Area, FL
With less than 2 weeks left, mom wanted to go to the beach at least once while she was in town. So today made the trek out to Clearwater, and dealt with all the snowbirds who can't drive. :hopeless: Couple hours of sun, sand, and a nice gulf breeze, and back to home to chill for the evening.

littleblazer

Jul 6, 2014
With less than 2 weeks left, mom wanted to go to the beach at least once while she was in town. So today made the trek out to Clearwater, and dealt with all the snowbirds who can't drive. :hopeless: Couple hours of sun, sand, and a nice gulf breeze, and back to home to chill for the evening.
They can't drive when they're up here either. So slow...

Put some wheels n tires on my cousins escalade.

Eric04

Dec 3, 2014
West Michigan
Put the finishing touches on replacing the manifold/cat on the Saturn Astra. I had everything done up top, but still had to throw in a new downstream 02 and bolt up the flex pipe. As is consistent with my luck, one of the studs on the new cat had a slight bend in it. I looked the dumb thing over when I got it but obviously not good enough. The old one had some nice briquettes rumbling around inside so I'm hoping the little bugger will run like the lawn mower that it is now. I want to clean the throttle body before I put the airbox back in but I ran out of time today.
IMAG0532.jpg

Capote

Supporting Donor
Jul 14, 2014
Atlanta, GA
I've been going through several boxes I have of random small-sized Trailblazer/GMT360 parts I have, to see what exactly I have forgotten about. Found some things I was looking for and have also come across several things I have duplicates of. Also reorganized my assortment of various plasti dip products, detailing sprays, degreasers, auto part cleaners, and more unused flat & satin black rattle cans than I know what to do with.

littleblazer

Jul 6, 2014
Tested out the NOCO on the vette. Impressed actually.

TollKeeper

Supporting Donor
Dec 3, 2011
Brighton, CO
Sitting at work. Hoping they send us home early...

Blckshdw

Nov 20, 2011
Tampa Bay Area, FL
After tinkering with the truck this morning, decided to go by the office. I was tipped off by a coworker, that some folks wanted to prank me (again) and mess with my office. Last year, they cling wrapped everything, down to my mouse, and bottle of hand sanitizer. Luckily I had a small blade in the truck, so was able to make relatively short work of that to get everything removed.

Got to work, (was really eerie being the only person in the building) and sure enough this is what my door looked like... At least they left my Han Solo poster alone :hopeless:
20181231_144845.jpg

Opened the door, and they had outdone themselves this time. Apparently it was the same 2 people as last time, but this time they had their daughters come in and help too.
20181231_144903.jpg20181231_144907.jpg20181231_144917.jpg20181231_144926.jpg

They used a ton of tape, so it took me a while to get the important stuff cleared up. Don't want to start my day on Wednesday morning dealing with this crap, AND all the needy people with their emergencies cuz I've been out for almost 2 weeks. The chairs, door and window dressing will stay the same. My boss complained about the poster, cuz it makes it harder for people to know if I'm in my office when the door is closed. #ShortPeopleProblems Well if she wants the other windows cleared off, she can make the 2 culprits come in there and take that wrapping paper down. I don't mind the extra privacy. :tongue:

After that, locked up the building and hit the grocery store, needed a few things for the week. Relaxing right now, about to make dinner. Having spicy Hawaiian mango slow cooked chicken, with some garlic mashed potatoes. Got some Eli's cheesecake waiting for desert. :biggrin:

HARDTRAILZ

Nov 18, 2011
That wrapping job is pretty awesome really.

Today i am back in the office. Sucks really, but don't want to keep burning vacation days

Blckshdw

Nov 20, 2011
Tampa Bay Area, FL
Back in the office as well, and sifting through a decent backlog of busy work. Missed a couple of conference calls while I was out, so I'll listen to the recordings after lunch.

That wrapping job is pretty awesome really.

Not pictured: they also individually wrapped some of the items in the book case. My Chicago Bulls basketball, some binders, and an umbrella. The girls (13 and 7) really went all out.

Reactions: Mooseman and Matt

wstuckey1

Apr 11, 2018
Fenton MI
School gym just opened back up so I assembled the goon squad. Possibly removing a cat later. :undecided:

Reactions: Mooseman and Matt

littleblazer

Jul 6, 2014
Back at work.

Sparky

Dec 4, 2011
Sick so not back at work. Take the vise off my head please.

Mooseman

Dec 4, 2011
Ottawa, ON
Went to the metal supplier to get a 17"x60" piece of 1/8" aluminum sheet and 2x60" angles for my sled to enclose the muffler and stop ice boogers in the tunnel. Then went to physio and now, don't have the will to go into the garage and work on the sled with the lack of snow here. :frown:

Reactions: Matt and wstuckey1

HARDTRAILZ

Nov 18, 2011
Two week checkup from the surgery

Sparky

Dec 4, 2011
Day 3 of sick. Yesterday was the worst. 103 temp, gut and low back sore, head feeling like a vise and someone had their thumbs jammed behind my eye sockets. Went to doc and they suspect kidney infection. Well just great. Got a prescription for an antibiotic. Hopefully knocks that out, and hopefully don't have any of the awful side effects it says it may have.

TollKeeper

Supporting Donor
Dec 3, 2011
Brighton, CO
Day 3 of being sick, and at work.. Feels like my gut is going to explode. Wife is also sick, but has it worse than I do. I hate this feeling, bundled up in a Down coat, heat set at 75, sweating my butt off, and freezing cold. SUCKS!

Capote

Supporting Donor
Jul 14, 2014
Atlanta, GA
Was a bad-ass at work. Completed a tear-down workload that the lead has never seen done before by only one person in a single shift. There is nothing for 1st Shift to do Monday with tear-down as a result. He's so pumped to have such a hard worker who's made such an impression in less than a week, that he's bringing me some beer Monday lol.

Mooseman

Dec 4, 2011
Ottawa, ON
Going to PartSource to return some exhaust parts that weren't needed, then physio and then back home and continuing exhaust enclosure work on my sled. Made good progress yesterday.

Reactions: xavierny25 and Matt

Maverick6587

Dec 16, 2018
Sterling Heights, Michigan
Yesterday I swapped out the transfer case. Because, I was unaware that I HAVE to change all 4 tires at that same time, for AWD vehicles. Anyway after fixing that issue I start the vehicle and now I have a fairly decent vibration going on around 1500 RPMs. So, I assumed I messed up a motor mount or two when I lowered the transmission for the TC change.

I'm replacing the transmission mount, that looked pretty bad when I changed the TC. I'm also changing out the passenger side motor mount. I'll have to do the other mount in a few weeks. Both mounts are AC Delco, I've read the horror stories of not using AC Delco mounts.

I'll do some better investigating later on, I just didn't have time to look at it last night. The motor mount was $118 I think from the regular parts stores, but only $80 on Amazon, so I just ordered one.

HARDTRAILZ

Nov 18, 2011
At work in just a pissed off mood. Seems that everything is hitting at once and everyone needs emergency help for shit they put off. it is friday...go f yourselves.

Did get a side job scheduled for tomorrow morning so more money in the pipeline which is good.

But overall...its another day in the cube farm

Sparky

Dec 4, 2011
Was going to go back to work as last night was feeling pretty good overall. Then I couldn't sleep for anything. Ok. This morning about blacked out. Oh, side effects of the drug they put me on. Well that's just awesome.

Reactions: Matt and Redbeard

xavierny25

Mar 16, 2014
Staten Island, N.Y
Wondering what kind of bulls**t @RockAuto is trying to pull here.Screenshot_20190104-130926_Samsung Internet.jpgScreenshot_20190104-130901_Samsung Internet.jpgScreenshot_20190104-131022_Samsung Internet.jpgScreenshot_20190104-131045_Samsung Internet.jpg
first pic no discount code used. price
2nd pic discount code used. price
3rd pic no discount shipping options. price
4th pic discount code used shipping options. price
What kind of crap is this. I'm aware its nickel a dime but why would shipping cost go up by using a coupon code? I'm starting to see why @HARDTRAILZ doesn't support them anymore.

Reactions: Matt and Capote
Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MissCrutcher

Members Online