What are you doing today?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mooseman

Dec 4, 2011
Ottawa, ON
It's what I didn't do to it today. Change the fuel rail as planned. Got diverted to fix a pipe for the kitchen faucet. My son was replacing the faucet and when he was done, a pipe leaked at a joint. Wasn't his fault. Was a crap job by the previous owner and the solder joint failed. After turning off the water, I was able to just pull it apart. Had to cut out part of the cabinet bottom to access it, cut off a piece of the pipe and join another piece to rejoin the rest. Then had to make a piece to cover the hole using an old piece of melamine furniture.

So now not enough time to work on the TB and my whole week is full so don't know when I'll be able to do the rail.

HARDTRAILZ

Nov 18, 2011
In the cube village

TollKeeper

Supporting Donor
Dec 3, 2011
Brighton, CO

littleblazer

Jul 6, 2014

Mooseman

Dec 4, 2011
Ottawa, ON
Just putzing around the house. Working a night shift tonight.

Mooseman

Dec 4, 2011
Ottawa, ON
So that's how retirement works? :biggrin:

I'm semi retired. Working as a reservist, I can pick up shifts as I please. I didn't work for the past two weeks. :tongue:

HARDTRAILZ

Nov 18, 2011
Back in the cube farm

TollKeeper

Supporting Donor
Dec 3, 2011
Brighton, CO
Cube, then to DMV to spend way to much money on new plates for new trucks. Then back to the cube.

Sparky

Dec 4, 2011
Work. Lunch right now. Hoping to hear back quickly on my offer on that house. It is bank owned and I've been warned they can take a while.

HARDTRAILZ

Nov 18, 2011
Foreclosures can be a doozy to get thru or they can be boom boom boom. depends on the bank and if they are motivated to get it off their books.

TollKeeper

Supporting Donor
Dec 3, 2011
Brighton, CO
I bought my house as a foreclosure. The bank was really quick to move. The lending company.. 6 MONTHS!

Reactions: Matt

HARDTRAILZ

Nov 18, 2011
Lil work in the garage tonight, but it is on a Ford

Mooseman

Dec 4, 2011
Ottawa, ON
Woke up around noon after a night shift. Breakfast and coffee.

HARDTRAILZ

Nov 18, 2011
Working for the man

Mooseman

Dec 4, 2011
Ottawa, ON
Just trimmed a foot off the bottom of the Xmas tree as it was thin on one side and it was also too tall to put the angel on top. Now going to try to snooze a bit before working another night shift.

Blckshdw

Nov 20, 2011
Tampa Bay Area, FL
Counting down the days until my niece is born, everybody in my house is pretty anxious. Everyone at work asks me everyday if the baby is here yet. Feels like I'm the one having the kid...

Got a team building activity tomorrow. Boss is taking us bowling for a couple hours, then pizza party back at the office, followed by a cookie exchange. Got a lot of people that like to bake, so I planned on chillin and stuffing my face. Last year, I was in a particularly good mood, and made some Rice Krispy treats with Oreo cookies in em. Decided to bring some to work and leave em in the break room... Well apparently they were well received, cuz not only were they gone by lunch time, but once word got out what we were planning for tomorrow, I received numerous not-so-subtle hints to make sure I brought some.

So made a batch this evening, used double stuffed this time, and used my mom and sister as guinea pigs. They approved. :biggrin:20181205_182802.jpg

Reactions: Matt and Mooseman

HARDTRAILZ

Nov 18, 2011
Watching Chappaquiddick and teleworking

Reprise

Lifetime VIP Donor
Supporting Donor
Jul 22, 2015
Making pork belly burnt ends.

Suggestion for mods: There needs to be a cooking / recipes (sub)section -- if for nothing else, so that @Matt (& @Blckshdw , etc.) can post their various goodies for the *rest* of us to toy with!

As for me today - cooking a lasagna (figured I'd mention that first, considering...lol), going to look at / pick out some tile (& tote it back in the Voy if I find some, since the Sierra isn't back yet), do some preps for 1st day back at work tmrw, and watch Bears-Rams tonight (while I eat said lasagna).

Last edited:

Mooseman

Dec 4, 2011
Ottawa, ON
Suggestion for mods: There needs to be a cooking / recipes (sub)section -- if for nothing else, so that @Matt (& @Blckshdw , etc.) can post their various goodies for the *rest* of us to toy with!

Because this is a truck forum, we really can't have a section like that. There are forums out there dedicated to that. However, we can certainly have, and support, a thread(s) within the off topic section. I know that @HARDTRAILZ had such a thread for his cooking endeavours (healthy cooking IIRC).

Otherwise, we would wind up with sections regarding just about all topics under the sun.

wstuckey1

Apr 11, 2018
Fenton MI
3-D modeling some parts for class.

Reactions: Matt and Redbeard

xavierny25

Mar 16, 2014
Staten Island, N.Y
At work. I'm trying to cut out of here a bit early so I can go pick up the parts I need and get the Voy back on the road. I was going to call out but realized I was out of sick,vaca and personal day's. Cant take a day off I cant afford.

Reactions: Matt and Redbeard

Reprise

Lifetime VIP Donor
Supporting Donor
Jul 22, 2015
Because this is a truck forum, we really can't have a section like that
I was thinking along the lines of a subforum under 'off-topic' / 'anything goes'. No worries, tho.

Capote

Supporting Donor
Jul 14, 2014
Atlanta, GA
Cleaned my 1969 Polish P64 Makarov (I love surplus fireams). It's sat in my truck for 2 years, haven't had to use it thankfully. I just love the patina on this, it's a beautiful almost copper/slightly burgundy color. The lighting in here is not adequate to get an idea of what it looks like. These are great blowback operated pistols by the way, chambered in 9x18.
IMG_20181210_030147772.jpg

djthumper

Administrator
Nov 20, 2011
North Las Vegas
I was thinking along the lines of a subforum under 'off-topic' / 'anything goes'. No worries, tho.
You can definitely start one there

HARDTRAILZ

Nov 18, 2011
Working for the man

littleblazer

Jul 6, 2014
Adding to my pay check.

Reactions: Redbeard

HARDTRAILZ

Nov 18, 2011
Work then dentist

Mooseman

Dec 4, 2011
Ottawa, ON
Working an evening shift later.

HARDTRAILZ

Nov 18, 2011
Working from the hometown office

TollKeeper

Supporting Donor
Dec 3, 2011
Brighton, CO
Work, road testing a new hire today, calling prospective new hires. Our economy at my company has more than exploded. We were this fairly small company, with a income potential of about 2million a year. As of October, we are now at 18m a year. Hired 13 contractors in the last month, and we still need about 10 more.

Blckshdw

Nov 20, 2011
Tampa Bay Area, FL
Trying to stay awake at work.

Had our monthly all staff meeting this morning. Each month senior leadership honors an employee for doing good work, making people better, and all that warm fuzzy stuff. The person who won it previously, has to get up and say a few words, then the award is passed on to the next... Last month, I won it, so had to get up in front of everyone today. I HATE public speaking, sets my anxiety off every time, although everyone who knows how I feel about it, says they can never tell.

After that, lunch was catered in from a Cuban spot, so everyone stuffed their faces. They also had a dessert contest (I didn't participate this time) and there was tons of stuff. I have a to-go plate on my desk right now, and am typing this up as I try NOT to nod off during a conference call in my office, that's a complete waste of time. lol

littleblazer

Jul 6, 2014
Studying for finals and making desert for Saturdays Christmas party.
20181213_192545.jpg

littleblazer

Jul 6, 2014
Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MissCrutcher

Members Online

No members online now.