What are you doing today?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mooseman

Dec 4, 2011
Ottawa, ON
🤔 Maybe some drives are more finicky than others? Lens might be dusty too.

HARDTRAILZ

Nov 18, 2011
In the cube farm signing off on a ton of reports. I hate this triplicate signing cause it will take half a day cause it has to be original signatures.

Mooseman

Dec 4, 2011
Ottawa, ON
Dropped off the wife's car at the dealer for recall work and having breakfast. Noticed that it's all old farts like me in the restaurant
:sadcry:

HARDTRAILZ

Nov 18, 2011
Watching some crappy youtube movie while working in the cube. Fun Fun

Reactions: Redbeard

Blckshdw

Nov 20, 2011
Tampa Bay Area, FL
Today is my Friday, since I'm taking Friday and Monday off for a long weekend. Got a stack of PTO in the bank, need to start dwindling that down some so management doesn't yell at me. Got a friend flying in from Chicago to hang out.

Getting a little irritated by Harbor Freight. Wanted to use a couple of coupons last weekend, but the items I wanted, weren't in stock last Friday after work. The guy told me they were getting a truck in on Saturday morning, but again, neither item I wanted, was restocked. :mad: So Sunday night, ordered some ramps (I'll use @TollKeeper's strap trick to keep them from sliding, if I need to) and an HVLP spray gun. Between the coupons used, I'm getting the spray gun for free. Problem is, here we are at Thursday, and nothing has even shipped yet. I know Amazon Prime spoils people, but damn! Good thing these weren't needed urgently.

Work has been busy all week, but today seems to be slowed down to normal levels. Don't have people busting into my office every half hour with their hair on fire needing something fixed. Hopefully it doesn't backfire on me, and make the day drag along. One of our employees last day is tomorrow, so there's a little good bye party this afternoon. That will be a good time killer, and someone's gonna bring snacks, so that's a win/win. :thumbsup:

Blackwater

Aug 14, 2015
Lawton, OK
In da cube, have had a bad week. My department shut down and I'm in the middle of a hazmat OPS class and need equipment to continue. On the plus side, A neighboring department's fire chief co-owns and private fire and rescue service. He will help me complete my training.

Maverick6587

Dec 16, 2018
Sterling Heights, Michigan
I went to Detroit Axle today to pick up brake pads, rotors, and hubs. They had a deal for all of them at $159. BTW, the rotors and hubs carry a 10-year warranty. I couldn't resist!

I talked to who I assume to be the owner/manager. I mentioned GMTNATION and suggested that he or an employee create a profile here and post discounts and questions about Detroit Axle parts.

He said he would be happy to create an account and asked me to email him the website address. Hopefully, we hear from someone there soon.

littleblazer

Jul 6, 2014
I went to Detroit Axle today to pick up brake pads, rotors, and hubs. They had a deal for all of them at $159. BTW, the rotors and hubs carry a 10-year warranty. I couldn't resist!

I talked to who I assume to be the owner/manager. I mentioned GMTNATION and suggested that he or an employee create a profile here and post discounts and questions about Detroit Axle parts.

He said he would be happy to create an account and asked me to email him the website address. Hopefully, we hear from someone there soon.
I actually just threw Detroit CVs and hubs on the escalade. Not bad for the price I'd say.

TollKeeper

Supporting Donor
Dec 3, 2011
Brighton, CO
All depends if he wants to become a vendor. I would think the site mods would need that. But I could be wrong..

Mar 30, 2016
KSA
Hey, everyone

Been busy as hell ever since I got to India. Apart from the regular university stuff. Have started to get into the construction field over here. Lots of $$$ to be made and why not! Instead of wasting 3 years sitting around might as well save up for the big trip across the pond 😂.

Hopefully I can put some time aside to be on the site more often. Hope everyone is doing well

BrianF

Jul 24, 2013
West central Sask.
Went to Crimetown with the family for some shopping today. Got some more resisted spark plugs for my sleds, electric fencing stakes and other random crap. I "may" have embarrassed my wife at Walmart using that self checkout thing. I "may" have provided numerous snide comments to the auto voice that asks all sorts of useless questions. I "may" have answered. Not sure why it asks that crap as it never responded to me.

Now back to work as I have one night shift left. One day off as the other will be taking on more overtime.

My one day off will entail limbing more trees and hopefully some time dinking around with the sleds.

Reactions: Matt and Mooseman

Blackwater

Aug 14, 2015
Lawton, OK
(In the Dukes of Hazard narrator voice) Back at the cube, Blackwater is ready to leave and tackle the lawn he has been avoiding for two weeks. Firefighter training keeps you busy.

BrianF

Jul 24, 2013
West central Sask.
Did a dump run with the C1500. I put up more gridwall and assembled a large spinning display for my wife's store. I also made my amazon order. O2 sensor for the TB, knock sensor and throttle body rebuild for the C1500 and an ignition switch that should be compatible with the wiring harness on my sleds.

HARDTRAILZ

Nov 18, 2011
Working from the house

Mooseman

Dec 4, 2011
Ottawa, ON
Visiting my mom in the hospital for the past 3 days. She fell on Monday and couldn't get up. Her knee is so painful she can't walk on it anymore and her BP spiked to 200. It's coming back down slowly. She's to be admitted but because there are no rooms available, she's still in emerg. Typical Quebec health care BS.

HARDTRAILZ

Nov 18, 2011
Prayers! Sad to see the care system fail her like that. Quick Healing!!!

Today I got extra telework permission cause current construction on my commute has it pushing out to 2 hours or so each way.

Redbeard

Jan 26, 2013
Prayers lifted up from your Mom, Mooseman. It's important the doctors keep the blood pressure down for possible strokes. May she heal quickly.

• Love
Reactions: Mooseman

TollKeeper

Supporting Donor
Dec 3, 2011
Brighton, CO
Been a VERY busy week.

Monday - Orientation for new employee, and roadtest for perspective employee
Tuesday - Orientation for new employee
Wednesday - Orientation for new employee, and roadtest for perspective employee
Thursday - Orientation for new employee

That, and my normal cascade of normal every day work. Been running around like a chicken with its head cut off.

Its been really strange. Every other company in this business sector has been cutting employees, or laying them off. We have been hiring them as fast as we can get them. The 4 above, and I still have 6 openings available.

Mooseman

Dec 4, 2011
Ottawa, ON
Visited my mom again before heading out to a night shift. She's now on a room and doing a bit better. Still weak in the knees and they have found something in her lungs. Not cancer or anything but they seems to be having difficulty. She was a long time smoker until she quit over 10 years ago. Also planning on having her great granddaughter visit her this weekend since she has been waiting for this since she was born. Maybe this will envigorate her.

Thanks all for the good wishes. She's 76 and to me, kinda young to be like this. :sad:

Sparky

Dec 4, 2011
Work work work work work

• Sad

Blckshdw

Nov 20, 2011
Tampa Bay Area, FL
Work work work work work
Work stuffs

:iagree: What they said, work has been pretty busy this month, plus my last minute 4 day weekend, last weekend, left a pretty big list of stuff waiting for me to tackle this week.

Also got recruited this morning by a buddy to help him with a brake job this weekend. Haven't hung out in a while, and I'm getting free lunch out of it, at a spot of my choice, so that's a win. Since I ordered some stuff from HF, they're emailing me coupons. I usually don't pay attention to that stuff, but they have an electric pole saw on sale, and I have a tall palm tree that I've been wanting to trim for a while now, hmm :undecided:

Reactions: Matt and Redbeard

Blckshdw

Nov 20, 2011
Tampa Bay Area, FL
Met up with @kurupt down at the air force base, and got the brakes changed on his Altima. Man, I sure miss having a lift to work on, it makes everything so much easier! There was a really nice breeze blowing off the bay, so we didn't really sweat much either, which is unheard of for me when I'm usually turning wrenches.

Got in around 9, were out the door around 11. Went and got us some Five Guys for lunch, which hit the spot. Stopped and filled up the EXT on the way back, so I should be good for the next couple weeks.

20190921_104827.jpg

TollKeeper

Supporting Donor
Dec 3, 2011
Brighton, CO
Bought a tool box, so I can finally, after 7 years, move into my garage without my tools and stuff just being spread around the garage in piles!

djthumper

Administrator
Nov 20, 2011
North Las Vegas
Met up with @kurupt down at the air force base, and got the brakes changed on his Altima. Man, I sure miss having a lift to work on, it makes everything so much easier! There was a really nice breeze blowing off the bay, so we didn't really sweat much either, which is unheard of for me when I'm usually turning wrenches.

Got in around 9, were out the door around 11. Went and got us some Five Guys for lunch, which hit the spot. Stopped and filled up the EXT on the way back, so I should be good for the next couple weeks.

View attachment 90917
I use to work on a lot of trucks in that shop.

Reactions: Blckshdw

Mooseman

Dec 4, 2011
Ottawa, ON
Going with my three sons and two pickups to pick up a steel building garage. 20Wx24L. Dirt cheap at $3500, new costs $17,000. At last I will have a real garage to work in! Should look like this except it doesn't have the front wall and doors included, which I can make my own as I want. Also thinking of making the foundation elevated to make it higher for an eventual lift.

Steel garage.jpg

Blckshdw

Nov 20, 2011
Tampa Bay Area, FL
After a lazy morning, of laundry, napping, and TV time, headed over to @jimmyjam's to catch up, and see his 1 month old son. Looks just like him, as does his 3 year old. Seems like forever ago when we were 2 single guys always wrenching and working on mods. Watched the Bucs/Giants game over some wings, had to laugh when the game was lost by the kicker in the end. :hopeless:

Got my old PCM of NC tune put back in, and turned off the DTC for the fan clutch circuit. OMG, it's so nice to have a truck that DRIVES when I ask it to, again. I know it was 5 years ago, but thanks again to @Kelly@PCMofNC for all your help and answering my questions when I have them. I have the same regret as when I got the tune put in the last time, dunno why the hell I waited so long to get it done! :dunce:

HARDTRAILZ

Nov 18, 2011
First time in cube in ten days.

Mooseman

Dec 4, 2011
Ottawa, ON
Being sick. Had a cold all weekend and still hanging on. Apparently this man-cold thing is not bullshit. Cancelled a shift for tonight so this is actually costing me money :frown:

northcreek

Jan 15, 2012
WNY
Did a little PM on my Jeep and the wife's Nox since it's raining today. Checked all the axle and transfer case levels and everything needed a little and of course they were all different lubes. The stuff for my ELSD diff. was $45 for a quart.
Remember when stuff with gears just took "Gear Oil"....?

Reprise

Lifetime VIP Donor
Supporting Donor
Jul 22, 2015
Went to lay in some groceries yesterday; when I opened the Envoy's liftgate, I noticed the paint bubbling in three spots on the D/S lower corner. Checked it over when I got home - it's apparently on the outer skin of the tailgate, as the inner skin looks to be OK (there are some small spots starting on the inside lip in other areas, which I'll knock out soon.

The rustoleum converter I put on in the small area of the inner gate a year ago seems to be holding up very well. Although now that I think about it, I applied it to the same corner that's now rusting from the outer side.

Now doing research as to the best way to address the outer skin. Wondering if it'll get much worse if I leave it until I return in the spring (it'll be garaged while I'm gone). I've been pretty lucky WRT rust on this truck so far, outside of the tailgate.

One other thing - I've had the interior trim of the liftgate off at various times over the time I've owned this truck (for other things), and it has helped with early detection of rust. Would recommend a yearly check for those living in the rust belt; only takes 5-10min to get the trim off.

Sparky

Dec 4, 2011
Not exactly today but recently got enough of the junk boxes from moving out of the way to get the the Camaro in the garage of the house. Now just to get the other half cleaned out so the Civic can go in.
20190920_190501.jpg
20190920_190515.jpg

HARDTRAILZ

Nov 18, 2011
In the cube, but we got a dinner at the local pizza joint where the kids teachers serve the food and the school gets the profits. Always a fun lil fundraiser.

BrianF

Jul 24, 2013
West central Sask.
Built some shelves for my wife's store the other day and then hauled 4 loads of branches to the burn pile with the old C1500. Then started cleaning the shed out for winter storage. Added treated fuel to the riding mower and blower. I had the snowblower parked since its auger gear box died in February. Hit the primer bulb a few times and she fired up first pull and ran strong. Too bad she is becoming a parts piece.

I cut up some old shipping pallets to power the burn barrel this winter. Cleaned out both burn barrels and put away the little fire pit.

Hopefully I can find some time this week to rip into the carb on the Golden Ghost and rip downt he Husky saw for a cleaning and touch up the chain.

BrianF

Jul 24, 2013
West central Sask.
Forgot to add that I picked up an old Champion 4000 genset that had been laying around work for over 2 years. Gas wasn't stale and it had some oil.... a few pulls and she fired up. Once the surging cleared, it ran great, powered the chop saw like nothing.

I cleaned the plug, air filter, gave it some treated fuel and put in some Quaker State Ultimate Durability 5w30 I had sitting around. She runs great and now gets relegated to the back of the shed until I can find a time to use it...

Reactions: Eric04 and Matt

Mooseman

Dec 4, 2011
Ottawa, ON
Yesterday, sold an exhaust system that was originally for my son's abandoned Prelude project. Was asking $400. Guy messages me "I'm in Gatineau QC (about an hour away from me). Could you deliver it for an extra $50?". Sure! Unbeknownst to the buyer, I have been going to see my mom in the Gatineau hospital almost every day. Turned out he was 5 minutes away from the hospital.:wooot:

Today, fixing the dryer, replacing the thermistor. Then, I guess, have to do some laundry :frown:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chirobo1

Members Online