What are you doing today?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mooseman

Dec 4, 2011
Ottawa, ON
Depends. Me I know it's muscle strain but I did once have a partially herniated disc that I was able to put back into place. At your age, yeah, I'd get it checked.

djthumper

Administrator
Nov 20, 2011
North Las Vegas
Mar 30, 2016
KSA
Depends. Me I know it's muscle strain but I did once have a partially herniated disc that I was able to put back into place. At your age, yeah, I'd get it checked.

I am quite sure its muscle strain and not something to do with my back bone. Interesting fact is that the only way to relieve the pain is to sit in my TB, other than going to sleep! :sleepy:

You are just getting old :wink:

NOOOOO !!!! Actually YESSSSS !!!! I'm confused should I be happy or sad :squint:

Mooseman

Dec 4, 2011
Ottawa, ON
Finally got my son registered for winter semester in college, studying heavy diesel mechanics and generation. The teachers strike screwed everything up including registration and payment. He got dropped but we bugged them enough that they reinstated him. Also paid for his residence. How to get rid of $7000 in a heartbeat :cry:

Now just chillin' before an evening shift.

HARDTRAILZ

Nov 18, 2011
1.75 hrs and freedom from the man, but I do get to bowl tonight so a few brews may be involved

Sparky

Dec 4, 2011
Off work today. Which may be good because I somehow slipped my back this morning. Ow.

Mooseman

Dec 4, 2011
Ottawa, ON
Anti-inflamatories, muscle relaxants and heat and cold are your friends.

Last evening shift tonight and Im going in early which means I'm leaving early. W00T! :wooot:

Reactions: Matt

littleblazer

Jul 6, 2014
Finally got my ATC road legal. I've been riding dirty for a couple weeks. I use it occasionally to come to work on, since I live like a mile away. Next up I'll do a projector retrofit with some projector I'll find laying around and red demon eye.View attachment 82617 View attachment 82618
I take it you have electric start on that and thus a battery? The big reds are pretty cool.

Found someone who is interested in the cr125 so that is happening today. Also hunting down some race fuel. Hopefully I can find some cam2 not at a track...

Blckshdw

Nov 20, 2011
Tampa Bay Area, FL
Felt the need to test out my home made balloon tires, so packed up the EXT and headed to the beach for a few hours. :biggrin:

Outside of the fact that the inner tubes don't inflate perfectly round, causing a wobble, they handled the sugar sand like a champ without being aired down. :2thumbsup:

As expected it's not crazy busy, but I didn't get to park in the main lot. Too bad we can't teleport anyone who's off today, down here for a meet...

IMG_20171222_115029.jpg

Mar 30, 2016
KSA
Off work today. Which may be good because I somehow slipped my back this morning. Ow.

Anti-inflamatories, muscle relaxants and heat and cold are your friends.

Last evening shift tonight and Im going in early which means I'm leaving early. W00T! :wooot:

Uh huh. More bad back news :eek:

littleblazer

Jul 6, 2014
Saw star wars. Pretty good.

Blckshdw

Nov 20, 2011
Tampa Bay Area, FL
Since I decided to do TB maintenance last night, I forgot to clear a path from my rear gates to the shed area for the tree service people to get their trucks in, so got up early to do that. Guys were supposed to start at 8am, first one showed at 8:40, his dad at 9 :mad:

He estimated it would take about 6 hours to get everything taken care of and hauled away. Well it's been about 4 hours now, the tree is down, and they are cutting up the trunk into manageable sections to toss in the trailer. That makes up for being late.

IMG_20171223_124127.jpg IMG_20171223_125918.jpg

To pass the time, while I wait for them to finish and my friend to get here, I've been playing the newly released features in Gran Turismo Sport. Once my friend gets here, we'll get some deep dish pizza for lunch and chill for a bit. :thumbsup:

tsmith1156

Jul 9, 2013
Lebanon, Ohio
Haven’t been on here in a little while but there a new battery in this morning due to the cold killing the old one

Attachments

• B7EC993D-5E63-4A5F-8A16-6D39EE9A5E9D.jpeg
    B7EC993D-5E63-4A5F-8A16-6D39EE9A5E9D.jpeg
    147.8 KB · Views: 3
Reactions: Mooseman

Dr.Fiero

Dec 7, 2017
S. Alberta
It's Xmas eve, sub zero - and I'm going to the wreckers!!! :2thumbsup:

Live in a somewhat small town in AB, but since I'm down in the Vancouver area for the holidays, figured I'd grab what I can, while I can. Want a new liftgate, so I don't have to bother fixing the rust hole(s). The DPO did some BAD bodywork, and put bondo over surface rust (sigh...). So, now I have holes.

littleblazer

Jul 6, 2014
Sent back the carbuerator. Just another thing to go wrong. Damn linkage arm was all smashed up.

Mooseman

Dec 4, 2011
Ottawa, ON
Already celebrated on Saturday with 18 people in the house. Today is a relaxation day. Might go clean the garage so I can bring in the sleds to do some maintenance and then possibly go and enjoy all the snow.

Reactions: $ Khalid ! 9130

northcreek

Jan 15, 2012
WNY
Sent back the carbuerator. Just another thing to go wrong. Damn linkage arm was all smashed up.
Have you considered an EFI conversion? I gotta say, after installing one on my sbc I can't believe they still sell carburetors....Mike.

littleblazer

Jul 6, 2014
Have you considered an EFI conversion? I gotta say, after installing one on my sbc I can't believe they still sell carburetors....Mike.
For a car that's going to get driven a couple hundred miles a year in the summer it doesn't need it. If it was a daily then maybe but for double the price atleast I can't justify it. The only real problem with carbs is they aren't as efficient. All things said if you know how to set each up they're about the same street or race trim. Only time I had trouble with a carb was from neglect. Or anything with a Holley sticker on it in a boat. :tongue:

That's just my take. My uncle wanted a carb so I'm not changing that. I also don't want to drill into the nice new exhaust for an o2 bung. If I knew what the engine was speced out with I would probably do efi. I don't know how much horsepower the thing has or anything about it because the engine was basically a debt payment. Wouldn't want to get a 500 horsepower rated efi system only to find the thing leans out on track day you know?

Anyway I'm cleaning up the house for dinner.

northcreek

Jan 15, 2012
WNY
Your uncle is letting you work on his carb? didn't he see what you did to your fathers seat? :rotfl: Sorry...I couldn't resist....Mike.

littleblazer

Jul 6, 2014
Your uncle is letting you work on his carb? didn't he see what you did to your fathers seat? :rotfl: Sorry...I couldn't resist....Mike.
No... my uncle's last wish was for the car to be finished. Being as the last guy effed up the rebuild on it before it went to paint I figured replace the double pumper with a regular vacuum secondary since my aunt isn't going to be tracking it as much as he would have.

Reactions: northcreek

Blckshdw

Nov 20, 2011
Tampa Bay Area, FL
Decided to do some post tree removal cleanup in the back yard and rake up as many of those pine needles as I could, in addition to leaves that fell off my other trees. Figured I'd need maybe 2 or 3 bags... Nope!! Took 6 bags, easily.

Noticed one of the fence posts was loose, and the fence was leaning towards my neighbor's back yard a bit. The palm tree on my property about 18" from the fence had dropped a lot of bark that had piled up between it and the fence, so I started raking that out too. Come to find a MASSIVE ant colony under there. Willing to bet the ants aerated enough soil/sand around the post to compromise it. That will be a project for another time after I talk to my neighbor about it.

Had a little bit of ant powder left, so sprinkled the rest of that as best I could. Bagged up whatever I could that wasn't crawling. Will go back in the morning and see how things look there.

Was going to back the EXT up to the shed and start loading up as much of the scrap metal as I could fit in there, but since the scrap yard isn't open today, will wait until tomorrow instead.

Mooseman

Dec 4, 2011
Ottawa, ON
Boxing day shopping. Ugh! :frown::frown:

Reactions: Matt

Matt

Dec 2, 2011
Back to the grindstone.

Mooseman

Dec 4, 2011
Ottawa, ON
Last evening, started cleaning the garage with my son so we can bring on the sleds to service them before the trails open. Today, we go for breakfast then on to Princess Auto to pick up a new broom and magnetic sweeper to pick up the nuts, bolts and errant tools and sockets on the garage floor. Then finish cleaning the garage.

HARDTRAILZ

Nov 18, 2011
Back in the cube after a bunch of Christmas fun

littleblazer

Jul 6, 2014
Not going to lie, looks like a pretty good paint job. Kind of want to see it in person now. Just need to find someone to write his name right above the drivers door before the final buff so he can shoot some clear over it. Makes me both happy and sad.
IMG_1259.jpgIMG_1262.jpg

HARDTRAILZ

Nov 18, 2011
Working for the man

Matt

Dec 2, 2011
Getting some kind of wog by the feel of it.

HARDTRAILZ

Nov 18, 2011
Working in the cube...fun fun

Sparky

Dec 4, 2011
Working

littleblazer

Jul 6, 2014
Loading the blazer on a trailer to get it to a scrap yard.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MissCrutcher