What are you doing today?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mooseman

Dec 4, 2011
Ottawa, ON
:popo::offtopic::popo:
Although this is in the off-topic section, this thread is getting off-topic. :nono:

littleblazer

Jul 6, 2014

Mooseman

Dec 4, 2011
Ottawa, ON
Changed the house water filter, set more mouse traps after killing 3 of the little bastards and now just resting up before an evening shift.

Reactions: littleblazer

Blckshdw

Nov 20, 2011
Tampa Bay Area, FL
Yesterday, disassembled the speaker mounts for my TV that I made out of square aluminum tube and flat brackets, rattle canned them gloss black. Let those dry overnight, mounted them back on the TV this morning, fed the wires through, and mounted the TV brackets on the back.

IMG_20171203_102551.jpg

IMG_20171203_102604.jpg

Was going to try to add some reinforcement to the ceiling joist where I planned to hang the TV, but after getting up there again, there was no easy way for me to get in there and place some boards to support my weight, let alone get the insulation out of the way. TV is about 60 pounds, so shouldn't NEED it, but woulda been nice to have. :yes:

Got the ceiling bracket, downrods and extension up, now trying to figure out the height I want it at. I think right about here will do it, center of the TV will be right about where the top of the mounting plate is. :undecided:

IMG_20171203_102427.jpg

The good news is, if I decide I want to adjust the height once the TV is up, I don't need to take the TV down first. One of the leftover pieces of 2"x4"s is long enough to use along with my scissor jack like a pole jack, to support the weight once I remove the bolts to make the adjustment. So we'll see how this goes.

Once I'm happy with that, I'll start on the mini entertainment center for the components.

HARDTRAILZ

Nov 18, 2011
In the cube.

Capote

Supporting Donor
Jul 14, 2014
Atlanta, GA
Ordered an LM486 Flasher (Rockauto surprisingly had the cheapest price for once :laugh: @ $28.79, next cheapest was $44.19 on Ebay) and OEM splash guards.

Matt

Dec 2, 2011
Ordered an LM486 Flasher (Rockauto surprisingly had the cheapest price for once :laugh: @ $28.79, next cheapest was $44.19 on Ebay) and OEM splash guards.

Great price on the flasher. I paid a lot more than that through Amazon.

Reactions: RTTBLT1 and Capote

HARDTRAILZ

Nov 18, 2011
Working and looking at car parts.

Reactions: Capote

littleblazer

Jul 6, 2014
Studying. Finals week starts Tuesday. Then after that I start my build hopefully...

Reactions: xavierny25

HARDTRAILZ

Nov 18, 2011
Work then Bass Pro Shops and dinner with the family

Reactions: RTTBLT1 and Matt

Blckshdw

Nov 20, 2011
Tampa Bay Area, FL
Woke to hear the sound of a diesel engine idling on the side of the house where the cameras were setup. Load the app on my phone to see a pleasant surprise. The county was FINALLY picking up the debris that was dumped there for months.

Lynnfield Corner_CH01_live_1512740307187.jpg Lynnfield Corner_CH01_live_1512740480669.jpg Lynnfield Corner_CH01_live_1512740631946.jpg

Not too long after that, when I was in the garage, I could hear another large vehicle outside. Poked my head out there, and one of my neighbors across the street had a tree service come to remove a huge oak tree out of their front yard. Same one we talked about following hurricane Irma. So when I saw them taking a break, I went out to have a lil chat with them about the pine tree in my back yard.

IMG_20171208_112053.jpg

When they wrap up with the neighbor, they'll stop by to have a look at my situation and give me an estimate. Insurance company said I have to "trim" the pine tree since it's up against my shed.

IMG_20171208_112112.jpg

Really there's no option besides removal, so hopefully it won't cost me an arm and a leg. Also good that I got those rear gates rebuilt, so they can get their trucks back there if I go with them. :thumbsup:

littleblazer

Jul 6, 2014
Pulled out the 200s

20171208_200205.jpg

Mooseman

Dec 4, 2011
Ottawa, ON
Replaced the battery in the lawn tractor/snowblower as well as its seat. The original Honda seat was thrashed. Will now take a nap before this evening's shift.

HARDTRAILZ

Nov 18, 2011
Working for the man

Mooseman

Dec 4, 2011
Ottawa, ON
Last evening shift for the week.

HARDTRAILZ

Nov 18, 2011
Feeding the mod bug. Dad got an f150 4x4 for a work/beater truck for our rentals and it gets few things plus I got the stereo itch for the DD since the truck has me spoiled with bluetooth and navigation.

Dr.Fiero

Dec 7, 2017
S. Alberta
Cleaned up the 'new' '05 TB. Boy did it need it! Still needs more, but it's a start. Always hated working on filthy vehicles. Un-motivational or something I guess.

Pulled the horrid cut up rubber floor mats someone threw in the front. At least the stock ones were still in the back (on that note - anyone have a good set of black fronts for sale?). Pulled out the vac, and the carpet cleaner and went to town. Wow. Someone didn't care. Cleaned everything 2-3 times, and it was STILL coming out like mud.

Cleaned the seats (Auto Glym), then went at them with the balm. Looks nicer, smells less. Good start.

Kept checking shipping stats, for 'stuff' to show up. That was my day! :smile:

HARDTRAILZ

Nov 18, 2011
Working the job then side work on an envoy and prolly several beers. Been a long week.

Mooseman

Dec 4, 2011
Ottawa, ON
Went to see The Last Jedi with the guys from work then going for a Christmas get together tonight. Good times.

littleblazer

Jul 6, 2014
20171216_132653.jpg

Blckshdw

Nov 20, 2011
Tampa Bay Area, FL
Went and saw Star Wars with a buddy of mine, then got some lunch. Now we're waiting for the Bears/Lions game to come on, for some friendly trash talk.

Later tonight there's some MMA on, and we'll have some drinks. Nice full day :yes:

Blckshdw

Nov 20, 2011
Tampa Bay Area, FL
Being a little more productive today. Made a run to Walmart for the requisite oil change goodies and some Loctite, hit the hardware store on the way back to pick up a drop rod kit for my gates.

Couldn't swing my gates fully open without them dragging on the ground around the halfway point, so removed and raised the 3 inner most pickets on each to get the necessary clearance. Pounded a 1/2" ID scrap section of PCV from my security camera project, into the ground to act as a sleeve for the drop rod, and popped that in place. I may need to mod it, due to the way it mounts, only a couple of inches penetrate the ground, I expected it to go a bit deeper :undecided:

IMG_20171217_115317.jpg

Had a tree service stop by for an estimate on getting rid of that big ass pine tree. Recommended by one of my coworkers as they're friends. Dude gave me a lower estimate than I was expecting based on what other people told me they paid for similar sized trees. (didn't tell him that part though) He also offered to knock off $150 if I paid cash. :thumbsup: Probably gonna go with his company.

Right now, clearing out the DVR and relaxing. Weather is in that sweet spot, windows open, ceiling fans on, and everything is perfect. :biggrin::cool:

Blckshdw

Nov 20, 2011
Tampa Bay Area, FL
Decided to mod some other stuff... Cuz why not? :biggrin: As some may know, I've been trying to make my canopy roller bag a little more beach friendly. Removed the tiny 2" rollers, and added a 1/2" axle with some 6" lawnmower wheels from HF. Didn't work very well, they dug in with their 1.5" width and made no difference (possibly worse). :mad:

Later, added a longer axle, and another set of wheels, making it a duelly setup. Slightly more inconvenient getting it into the truck, but essentially didn't make much difference in the sand. :hissyfit:

Had been looking into balloon tires, but they are pretty expensive, so I went with a plan B. Figured I'd get some inner tubes, mount them to the rims of the wheels I already have, and make my own balloon tires. Easy right? They are 6" wheels, with 4" rims. So I cut the rubber off, and had a nice rim with a channel for the tubes.

IMG_20171218_112918.jpg IMG_20171218_112929.jpg

There are some 10" inner tubes at HF and the specs say they fit 4" rims, so that's perfect. Picked up a pair, and even after being inflated, they weren't even close to fitting, by a good half inch all the way around. Looking at the rubber tire cross section, there was a hollow channel down the center. So cut the center surface facing section out, basically leaving a channel with a larger diameter that could actually hold the inner tubes.

Cut some pvc spacers to keep the wheels out wide away from rubbing the bag, and pumped some air into them. As expected from a HF product, one of the tubes didn't inflate evenly, and is bulged on one side compared to the other. But under the weight of the canopy, the tubes didn't compress much if at all, so I'll have to air them down a lil bit when it comes time to give them a real test.

IMG_20171218_133626.jpg

Sparky

Dec 4, 2011
Stressing out.

Dr.Fiero

Dec 7, 2017
S. Alberta
Parts from our good buddy Rockauto showed up in the mail. Braved the cold, and installed my new ACDelco plugs, and a new Delphi coil pack (and an air filter 'just because').

Looks like my $600 gamble (what I gave the guy for it since it ran like such a bag of crap) paid off! She now purrs like a kitten (ok, one that swallowed a ticking watch). Crankcase pulls vacuum, so the rings are ok (whew!).

Don't feel bad about doing some of the other things it will need now.

Sparky

Dec 4, 2011
Money problems.
:confused: Might as well spill the details brother. :yes:

Money problems. Not immediate ones, but coming later in 2018. Going to require a lot of changes that I pray will happen before then. I've been concerned about budget issues in the past, but now that I'm married the weight of it feels so much heavier.

Absolutely zero mod bug scratching for a while, aside from finishing up stuff I already bought a while back.

HARDTRAILZ

Nov 18, 2011
In the cube. Holiday work lunch thing after a bit. Yippee

Mar 30, 2016
KSA
Checking in. Got a bit of spare time today. Well to recap the auto show at the beginning of the month was a total waste of time and cash. I mean the most outstanding vehicle there was an old Impala, the rest were all meh!! Most cars that I would see on the streets in Saudi. Other than that been busy as a bee. It's really sad at how monotonous life has become. However on the bright side, dad and my bros will be visiting next month. Maybe time to upgrade this stupid Wagon R!!! Since its basically trash, have been trying to learn how to drift in it :biggrin:It sucks that its a front wheel drive and not a rear wheel drive :Banghead:. What are you guys up to and what's the preparation for the holidays? :2thumbsup:

Mooseman

Dec 4, 2011
Ottawa, ON
Back at work after 2 days off sick with a sore lower back.

littleblazer

Jul 6, 2014
Thermodynamics final and heat transfer processes final back to back and then I'm home for winter. The final 4.5 hour push.

Reactions: Matt and xavierny25

HARDTRAILZ

Nov 18, 2011
Working for the man

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Firebaugh86

Members Online