What are you doing today?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shaw520

Sep 20, 2017
Northeast
Pretty much the same drill here,..wish it was closed water cooling!,.. (4) drains per motor plus (1) power steering cooler on strbrd engine,...and port engine has a heat loop/exchanger for HW heater. Fresh water tank has no drain so I run it low as possible and ad antifreez....then pump till pink comes out all faucets.

Reactions: littleblazer

Capote

Supporting Donor
Jul 14, 2014
Atlanta, GA
Traded my OEM wheels with like-new tires for some Kooks Headers and put the Turbo, headers, and 4.2 engine in storage until all the other parts of the build are compiled. Pretty stoked.

HARDTRAILZ

Nov 18, 2011
Thinking I will order new tires for the extra set of stock Chrome TA wheels I saved by polishing out. They are 16s and I wish they were 17, but with DTD sale it is too cheap not to buy tires for em so i can at least play with them.

Oh and pretending to work

Reactions: Mooseman and Capote

Blckshdw

Nov 20, 2011
Tampa Bay Area, FL
Another busy morning. Went to HF and picked up a 100' air hose and some fittings. It reached comfortably from my shed, out to the rear gates :thumbsup:

IMG_20171121_102226.jpg

Got to work on those rusty hinges. Went with the approach of cutting the heads off the hinge pins, and then using the pointed attachment for the air chisel to punch the shaft through the bottom of the hinges. Worked out quite nicely. (and I got to make a bunch of sparks :biggrin:)

IMG_20171121_102346.jpg

Got the other gate built, pickets up, and then ran into another problem. I had the frame lined up with the first gate, so they'd be even, but somehow the 2nd gate has a bit of a sag. :mad: Tightening the cable didn't help. I adjusted the height of the latch on the first gate, and mounted the strike plate. Done!!

IMG_20171121_133811.jpg IMG_20171121_133845.jpg

In that last pic, you can see where the 2"x 4" on the top of the left gate is a little lower than the one on the right. I also noticed the ground is quite graded, and even though there was decent ground clearance when the gates are closed, I could barely open them before they were scraping grass and dirt.

I also didn't pay enough attention to detail, and the inner 4 or 5 pickets on each gate are slightly lower than the ones on the outside, which is part of my clearance problem. I have some room for adjustment on the hinges, and now that I look closer at the pic, I can see the frame on the left has slid down. So after my back stops hurting, I'll go back loosen the nuts, raise the frame, and then change the location of the latch back to where it was.

For now, DVR time, maybe squeeze in a nap, and maybe check out some black Friday sales that I should leave the hell alone :dielaugh:

HARDTRAILZ

Nov 18, 2011
Movie time w family

Mooseman

Dec 4, 2011
Ottawa, ON
I've been enjoying our new Vizio 50" Smart TV. Netflix on the big screen is nice!

However, the wife said "if we're getting a new TV, we need a new TV stand and furniture to go with it." So off to Ikea we went. A $550 TV purchase turned into a $1500 purchase :blinkhuh:. It's actually their nicer line of stuff, real wood, not their usual particle board glue crap.

Reactions: Matt

HARDTRAILZ

Nov 18, 2011
Working while wishing I was outside

Matt

Dec 2, 2011
At work but internetting and reading a book.

Sparky

Dec 4, 2011
Fighting SQL server issues after an upgrade. Flooded event logs with logon errors, which then after a few minutes locks out the application using the database, etc. Yay fun.

Mooseman

Dec 4, 2011
Ottawa, ON
Did you try ctrl-alt-del? :biggrin:

Sparky

Dec 4, 2011
I just ended up detaching the database, blowing the entire SQL install away, and starting over. It worked. Screw it, sometimes the nuclear option is the fastest way.

littleblazer

Jul 6, 2014
Something is not like the rest...20171124_175952.jpg

Blckshdw

Nov 20, 2011
Tampa Bay Area, FL
Trying not to have too much buyer's remorse from all the online shopping I did last night. :ugh: I won't have a tree up in my house next month, but my credit cards are lit up like one, so I can just look at my statements instead :bonk:

Fighting SQL server issues after an upgrade. Flooded event logs with logon errors, which then after a few minutes locks out the application using the database, etc. Yay fun.

I miss those days, and at the same time, I don't. :tongue:

Reactions: Reprise

littleblazer

Jul 6, 2014
Got an update on the car. Should be ready for paint next week I was told. Other than that I'm studying for a test Friday. IMG_1166.jpg

Shaw520

Sep 20, 2017
Northeast
Love that yr FB,..good choice of wheels too!:thumbsup:

littleblazer

Jul 6, 2014
Love that yr FB,..good choice of wheels too!:thumbsup:
It worked nice. The 68 had those rears on it so we just had to buy fronts. He wanted the 67 rims originally and had a full set but they didn't clear the 4 wheel disk conversion as they were 15s iirc. There was a reason those went on. It's period correct to the whole car though. Early 70s hot roding. The stance is fantastic though.

Reactions: Shaw520

Capote

Supporting Donor
Jul 14, 2014
Atlanta, GA
Bought an EV6 Injector Connector Harness from Lime Swap @limequat
Now we just need some 80lb Siemans Dekas.

HARDTRAILZ

Nov 18, 2011
Back in office after a week.

Locksmith

Nov 19, 2017
Columbia,SC
Got an update on the car. Should be ready for paint next week I was told. Other than that I'm studying for a test Friday. View attachment 82441

Growing up in the mid 70's, my friend had a 69 Firebird with a Pontiac 350 2 bbl. and a Turbohydramatic 400, with the Trans Am hood like Little Blazer's but in Black with two metallic silver racing stripes that went from the front to the rear. Car would spin tires every time! Great memories!

littleblazer

Jul 6, 2014
Growing up in the mid 70's, my friend had a 69 Firebird with a Pontiac 350 2 bbl. and a Turbohydramatic 400, with the Trans Am hood like Little Blazer's but in Black with two metallic silver racing stripes that went from the front to the rear. Car would spin tires every time! Great memories!
It's got a "built?" 400 or 455 in it. No one knows the internals actaully and a turbo400 which will eventually go to a built rear. All we know about the internals is that it's got good stuff and work in it. That's it. Got a friend from a race team doing the rear as the one that's under it is a 6cylinder one and has way too deep of gearing. (Car has been babied as the rear is a time bomb with that much power in front of it and it was questionable to start.) Car isn't mine. It's my uncle's. That's all I'm going to say about that.

The 69s are really nice as well. Cars are cool.

Mooseman

Dec 4, 2011
Ottawa, ON
In the coal mine...

Matt

Dec 2, 2011
The Eagle pooped today...so I'm transferring it to the wives, current and ex.

Mooseman

Dec 4, 2011
Ottawa, ON

Blckshdw

Nov 20, 2011
Tampa Bay Area, FL
At the non profit leadership center this morning, taking a Managing 101 class that my boss signed me up for... :confused: But I don't manage any people, I manage data... Bless her heart, at least it's a half day out of the office.

Decided to take the rest of the day off and start my weekend early. :thumbsup:

HARDTRAILZ

Nov 18, 2011
Cleaned garage out and picked up car after near two months

Reactions: Matt and Capote

littleblazer

Jul 6, 2014
It's starting I was told...IMG_0887.jpg

Locksmith

Nov 19, 2017
Columbia,SC
It's got a "built?" 400 or 455 in it. No one knows the internals actaully and a turbo400 which will eventually go to a built rear. All we know about the internals is that it's got good stuff and work in it. That's it. Got a friend from a race team doing the rear as the one that's under it is a 6cylinder one and has way too deep of gearing. (Car has been babied as the rear is a time bomb with that much power in front of it and it was questionable to start.) Car isn't mine. It's my uncle's. That's all I'm going to say about that.
The 69s are really nice as well. Cars are cool.

From what I recall, it was a bone stock Pontiac 350 2bbl. with a stock Turbohydramatic 400. He ran with 60 profile tires in the rear, and it was more show than go. Two wide silver metallic racing stripes (painted) ran from the rear trunk and curved on the outer edge of the two Trans Am scoops to meet in front. Pin stripes were painted along the borders of both racing stripes. Damn wish I took a picture of it! Really tastefully done!

littleblazer

Jul 6, 2014
Car sounds pretty sweet. With 60s I imagine it just burned tires all the time. I've only ever followed the car but I can say that it's show and go. I was in the t-bird and my other uncle was in the GTA and we're doing like 60 down nine then I hear the down shift and look up and he's probably a mile in front of me. I look at my cousin and I'm just like "were not pushing this that hard." Then the GTA went flying past. My cousin rode in it and he said it's an experience. Motor shakes the whole damn car. When you start it in the garage at the house it moves stuff on shelves in the house you actually feel the ground vibrate. I've been around a few stock 400s. I would tend to say it's got a decent amount of work done. You guys can be the judge of that though.

Reactions: dna59 and Locksmith

Matt

Dec 2, 2011
Driving "test" in Lowes box truck for being a back up driver.

Locksmith

Nov 19, 2017
Columbia,SC
Car sounds pretty sweet. With 60s I imagine it just burned tires all the time. I've only ever followed the car but I can say that it's show and go. I was in the t-bird and my other uncle was in the GTA and we're doing like 60 down nine then I hear the down shift and look up and he's probably a mile in front of me. I look at my cousin and I'm just like "were not pushing this that hard." Then the GTA went flying past. My cousin rode in it and he said it's an experience. Motor shakes the whole damn car. When you start it in the garage at the house it moves stuff on shelves in the house you actually feel the ground vibrate. I've been around a few stock 400s. I would tend to say it's got a decent amount of work done. You guys can be the judge of that though.
Leaf spring extenders have to go! They'll snap! Now I really have wood! I moved from NYC to SC in 2005. Grew up with my 69 Camaro, my friends had a 56 Chevy, 69 Firebird , and a 62 Vette with a 396!

littleblazer

Jul 6, 2014
Leaf spring extenders have to go! They'll snap! Now I really have wood! I moved from NYC to SC in 2005. Grew up with my 69 Camaro, my friends had a 56 Chevy, 69 Firebird , and a 62 Vette with a 396!
I'm not altering it from how he set it up. It stays the way he built it or the way he wanted it. It's just going to be driven as a cruiser anyway so that's fine. You grew up with the vehicles I wish I did lol. I'm surrounded by sedans...

Reactions: Locksmith
Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
06_4.2_4x4_ls

Members Online