What are you doing today?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Matt

Dec 2, 2011
First day back at work after the surgery. My co-workers put bubble wrap/air bags about a foot tall on my chair in my office...it was pretty comfy!

HARDTRAILZ

Nov 18, 2011
Til one pops n your arse drops down n slams the chair :wink:

Today is in the cube for awhile, then bowling league tonight.

Reactions: Redbeard and Matt

Matt

Dec 2, 2011
Only one popped...but I took them off after taking a photo.

Blckshdw

Nov 20, 2011
Tampa Bay Area, FL
Back in the office after a nice 3 day weekend. Pretty good amount of work piled up, but nothing too bad.

Did have a meeting invite, for tomorrow, from the CEO wanting to discuss membership trends to help her with strategy efforts. :eek: so I'll be pulling data from our system after lunch, to make some pretty charts.

Mooseman

Dec 4, 2011
Ottawa, ON
Working another shift tonight but motivation is just not there. :frown:

HARDTRAILZ

Nov 18, 2011
Writing reports in the cube farm

Mooseman

Dec 4, 2011
Ottawa, ON
Sitting in doctor's office waiting. Then another night shift.

Matt

Dec 2, 2011
Blowing it up!

Blckshdw

Nov 20, 2011
Tampa Bay Area, FL
Did some more work on my cabling project this morning. Got them ready to be dropped into the wall and connected to their wall plate for a cleaner install.

Went to have lunch across the bay with a couple of the guys. While meeting up with @kurupt at the mall, I backed into a concrete pillar, same spot I got hit on last year, dislodging the bumper cover, royally screwing up the paint, and smashing the passenger side tail light. Said a few choice words to myself for being an idiot and not paying attention, and then we headed across the bay to meet up with @triz. Had a few laughs, some good food, and enjoyed the weather.

After getting home, put my stock tails on. Meh, it just doesn't feel right having incandescent bulbs on my truck. Gonna have to remedy that. But for now, relaxing on the couch, trying not to think about it. May fire up the PS4 for a couple hours, then see what tomorrow brings.

Reactions: Matt and RTTBLT1

HARDTRAILZ

Nov 18, 2011
Back in the cube today

Mooseman

Dec 4, 2011
Ottawa, ON
In the cube with 4 wheels

xavierny25

Mar 16, 2014
Staten Island, N.Y
I've been relocating my brothers powder coating business. He is on to way bigger and better again. He has also mingling with another business venture. We'll be adding a car/truck lift soon so I can do some side work aswell.20171027_141400.jpg 20171027_120135.jpg 20171027_120126.jpg 20171027_120117.jpg

Blckshdw

Nov 20, 2011
Tampa Bay Area, FL
This is the view along the street across from my house... Idiots are back at it again... :hissyfit:

IMG_20171029_122121_01.jpg

Made a little more progress on my security camera project, after getting the coat-to-server closet phase complete, and all the wiring routed through the attic. Got the easier of the 2 camera placements made, the one on the house. Tinkered with the software to get things setup, and set it to record when it senses motion. We had some rain last night, and it was triggering recordings almost constantly, so had to turn that down some. Also found the right balance between resolution and frame rate to get clear video without much choppiness. :thumbsup:

Made a Home Depot run this morning to get some goodies for the more difficult camera install. Decided to run some PVC conduit along side my walkway to the fence, along the bottom of the fence to where I plan to screw in a 2"x 4" to use as a mounting post. Mocked up where I wanted the tubes to run, and was glad to see the only ones I'll need to trim are the vertical pieces.

IMG_20171029_120746.jpg IMG_20171029_120800.jpg IMG_20171029_120810.jpg IMG_20171029_120831.jpg

Couldn't source a 1/2" service entrance for the top of the post, so had to order one online. I'll dig a shallow trench next to the pavers to run the conduit mostly out of site, then hopefully have great coverage of the long street, and deter people from using it as a dumping ground.

Right now, I'm relaxing on the couch, and waiting for my slow cooked chicken to finish, so I can make tacos. Cuz who doesn't love tacos? :biggrin: :cool:

Sparky

Dec 4, 2011
Back at work today for the first time in 2 weeks.

djthumper

Administrator
Nov 20, 2011
North Las Vegas
recuperation day from a long weekend of training for the NRA Muzzle Loading Instructor Course.

Mooseman

Dec 4, 2011
Ottawa, ON
Test fitted some wheels I bought for the Caprice. Fit nice but tires are a little too tall and almost rubbing on spring mount. I'm not keeping the tires since they are winters. After I fix up the wheels, I'll be looking for some good performance rubbers. They're BMW M6 repros.

Screenshot - 30_10_2017 , 11_18_51 PM.jpg

Then I had to replumb the kitchen sinks. And then had to snake the drain. Now draining well again.

Last edited:

HARDTRAILZ

Nov 18, 2011
In the cube

Blckshdw

Nov 20, 2011
Tampa Bay Area, FL
Between yesterday, and this morning, finished getting my 2nd security camera up and running. Got my conduit trimmed and glued, then run along the walkway in a shallow trench (nothing heavy will roll over it, or any digging so I didn't go the recommended depth) and ran the rest above ground for easy access.

A lot of people have been driving by (way too fast) so I've gotten some good test footage. So far, I haven't been able to make out license plates on the freeze frames, but I think if someone stops (facing the other direction of course) they might be getting a fine from the county if they contribute to the problem :popo:

Lynfield Corner-104943-105001.jpg

Next, figure out why the clock continues to reset an hour behind, the DST setting doesn't seem to change anything, maybe it will make changes after tonight? :confused:

After this, gonna get cleaned up, and then head across town. Some friends are having a 1st birthday party for their baby girl, then later tonight the fellas are going out to watch the UFC fights. Nice full day down here.

littleblazer

Jul 6, 2014
Battery in the cruze went on my sister. Probably the easiest sawp I've ever done. Took about 5 minutes.

Matt

Dec 2, 2011
Got the grass cut for hopefully the last time this year. Racked the coffee porter into the secondary, did the grocery shopping and am making homemade Kahlua.

Reprise

Lifetime VIP Donor
Supporting Donor
Jul 22, 2015
am making homemade Kahlua
Guessing / hoping it's a little stronger than the 'real' stuff! LOL :tequila:

As for me... went and picked up a second (!) rear cargo tray for the XL.
I use one full-time to get a (more) level floor; the 2nd one will be used in one of the other two positions as needed (not sure if it will fit in the 'slant' position, but I know I can use it in the upper one).

Guy who sold it couldn't figure out why I would drive out 50mi to get it (1:10 through some nice fall foliage) - I told him for $20, with all the rubber end pieces, no stains / rips, and in matching gray - there's no way I'd lose $ on the deal, even if I decided not to keep it.

Too bad he had sold his Voy - I would've liked to have scored some additional extra parts for cheap... :thumbsup:

Stopped at Costco on the way back as I had planned, so in any case, not a wasted trip.

HARDTRAILZ

Nov 18, 2011
In the cube

Mooseman

Dec 4, 2011
Ottawa, ON
Just finished last night shift this morning, just got up :stars:

Ordered ACDelco Advantage rear pads for the Saab on 1 day shipping. We shall see... Will get rotors locally.

Will get some plastic interior moulding parts tools to pull the radio out of the Caprice for reprogramming while the car itself will be going into storage for the winter. Has be done this week. And with the nice weather, I will be able to wash and dry it prior to that and be able to put the cover on.

Capote

Supporting Donor
Jul 14, 2014
Atlanta, GA
Help put headers in a lifted 2008 F-250. Talk about a PITA! Ford likes to make everything difficult.....

Reactions: Redbeard

djthumper

Administrator
Nov 20, 2011
North Las Vegas
Running another large re-imaging project at work. 140 PCs

Mooseman

Dec 4, 2011
Ottawa, ON
Pulling the radio out of the Caprice and may have to take it for an e-test before putting it in storage because renewal is in Feb. when it will be in storage. I have to reconnect the sensor so the DoD works again and reset the codes.

Also doing the rear brakes on the Saab once the pads get here.

HARDTRAILZ

Nov 18, 2011
Working for the man

littleblazer

Jul 6, 2014
Got a surprise visit from my parents and sister last night. Not the kind you want though. Drove back home and saw the family. A couple of you guys know what I am talking about. I try to keep personal life off the forums but it creeps up on you. I at least got to say goodbye while he understood what was going on. At least there is a reason I haven't been around here and active too much....

Blckshdw

Nov 20, 2011
Tampa Bay Area, FL
On the front end of a long weekend, had a Dr appointment, since my doc retired, had to come in and see someone else before they'd refill my blood pressure prescription. Got a flu and tetanus shot along with a physical, so those are out of the way. Blood pressure was elevated, so the doc decided to up my dosage, which had been a minimal one, so we'll see how that works for me for a while.

On the way home, hit up Lowes for a shelving unit for the garage, and harbor freight for some little stuff. Really need to invest in a rolling tool chest sometime soon, the collection is getting kinda big...

Mooseman

Dec 4, 2011
Ottawa, ON
Started off by putting the Caprice in storage for the winter, then hit up my favourite eatery for breakfast, then pick up a rebuilt caliper for the Saab, install said caliper but wasn't able to do a proper bleed by myself. Removed a fender from the parts Saab. Then the wife gets home and I go to install the winter tires on her car, find that most are worn and leak. Leaving in about 15 minutes to get another used set already mounted on rims for a reasonable price.

Non stop today.

Sparky

Dec 4, 2011
Worked, then built more shelves for storage at the townhouse.

Matt

Dec 2, 2011
Changing out the LCA's and thermostat. Going to pay a deposit at the tattoo shop and getting some groceries.

Not looking forward to the LCA's because it's currently 25°.

Reactions: Mooseman

Mooseman

Dec 4, 2011
Ottawa, ON
Not looking forward to the LCA's because it's currently 25°.

Try 12°F here!

Waiting for a guy to come buy tires I have for sale who was supposed to come yesterday. Then have the valves replaced on a set of winters I bought for the wife's ride. After that, go to my mom's to set up a new computer.

Can't wait to go back to work so I can rest, LOL!

Reactions: Matt and Redbeard

Shaw520

Sep 20, 2017
Northeast
Just another brick in the wall,...or just another day in paradise,..working on this retaining wall for a customer,...still gets stucco coatings and driveway seal.paula.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Firebaugh86

Members Online