What are you doing today?

Status
Not open for further replies.

dna59

Nov 20, 2015
Belize
Started my day working on that. Electrical gremlins are driving me crazy. Can't replicate the issues even when I try. Started troubleshooting and replacing some stuff. I did get the CD player to work, which was their immediate concern.IMG_20170816_055801.jpg

Mooseman

Dec 4, 2011
Ottawa, ON
Got some flip keys/fobs for the Caprice from China. Had them cut at a locksmith ($60!), then transferred the fob guts and the security chips. Digging the chips out of the original keys was a PITA. Now I don't have a key stabbing me in the thigh.

Matt

Dec 2, 2011
Having surgery this arvo at 1.30. I'll be out of action for a week, minimum. No heavy lifting for about 4 weeks.

dna59

Nov 20, 2015
Belize
IMG_20160911_150828.jpg Got up at 5am to service the two pedal pubs. Ofcourse the female (Roxi) always has the issues and problems, while the male (Rolo) has only ever needed new pedal cranks besides routine maintenance. Guess she just wants attention being that Rolo is the one that's used 70% of the time. These thing are pretty sweet...17" wheels, Eibach springs, trailing arm suspension in the rear, mustang front suspension components and wilwood hydraulic ebrake.

Matt

Dec 2, 2011
Resting up. Anyone have a new arse I could buy, mines killing me.

MikeHayes

Mar 20, 2016
Vermont
I am going to unload and stack 7,000 lbs worth of coal in easy to handle and totally unrippable 40lbs bags into my basement. They have a picture of a dog on the front of the bag... I have learned to hate that dog over the last couple of years.... :Banghead:

Reactions: Redbeard

Sparky

Dec 4, 2011
Friday night we bought a washing machine (used), Saturday we got our keys to our rented townhouse and moved some random stuff in (table, chairs, washer, kitchen stuff) and ordered our new bed (expensive thing). Sunday was a lunch after church and they threw a little party for us with some shower gifts which was unexpected and nice. Today, just back at work, and showing my house tonight. Somebody buy the place please!

Last edited:
Reactions: Matt

Sparky

Dec 4, 2011
No, I bought my house 3 years ago. Moving into a rented townhouse for a year after getting married as a halfway point between our jobs (otherwise she'd be driving over 2 hours one way to work). The rental is just a stepping stone to buying a new place later.

I realize my post is a little confusing now... I'll fix it!

Matt

Dec 2, 2011
Good on you @Sparky! I wish you two many years of happiness.

HARDTRAILZ

Nov 18, 2011
Working

Mooseman

Dec 4, 2011
Ottawa, ON
Had a guy that responded to my Kijiji ad peddling my Tech 2 services. He needed his 2003 C6 Corvette's magnetic suspension system disabled. Easy money and guy was super happy he could go faster than 128km/h (80mph) now. :woohoo:

Sparky

Dec 4, 2011
Had no idea an 03 had magnetic suspension. But why does that negatively impact top speed? :blinkhuh:

I built the start of some shelves for the townhouse basement tonight. Also removed almost all the LED bulbs from the light fixtures in the house and put in CFLs or regular bulbs. I'm taking my nice LED bulbs with me when the house sells :goodevil:

Mooseman

Dec 4, 2011
Ottawa, ON
Because if it thinks your shocks are dead, it will limit your speed for "safety reasons".

Reactions: Redbeard and Capote

Capote

Supporting Donor
Jul 14, 2014
Atlanta, GA
Installed an ambi charging handle latch to my AR.IMG_20171007_033721.jpg

littleblazer

Jul 6, 2014
Last night and today.

littleblazer

Jul 6, 2014
20171007_172804.jpg

Capote

Supporting Donor
Jul 14, 2014
Atlanta, GA

littleblazer

Jul 6, 2014

Capote

Supporting Donor
Jul 14, 2014
Atlanta, GA

littleblazer

Jul 6, 2014
I've come across one before years ago. Cars from that age were pieces of art.
It's the coolest thing I've ever driven. On the 5 mile drive down the highway every car that passed us was either staring or giving us a thumbs up.

Reactions: Redbeard and Capote

xavierny25

Mar 16, 2014
Staten Island, N.Y
Back to work for me today. Last week was hard with the passing of my father-in-law. He left us on his B-day, what are the odds of that. Luckily my wife took the day off to be with her old man before he did go. She often did that on his B-day.20171008_122701.jpg

Blckshdw

Nov 20, 2011
Tampa Bay Area, FL
Tried to be productive today, after borrowing a friend's fish tape, climbed up into one side of my attic, and tried to send it across the vaulted ceiling of my living room. It's only about 15' across, but due to the steel wire trying to re-coil itself slightly as I extended it, I could only get maybe 75% of the way across before it began to kink up. Also, being 6'2" didn't help things either. So after fighting with it for a while, my upper back began to complain, rather loudly. :mad:

Gently climbed down, and back up on the other side, and tried to grab the end of the wire using an old shower curtain rod and some rare earth magnets, but they magnets weren't strong enough to pull the wire. :hissyfit: After some meds, and a nap, went and borrowed some fiberglass push rods from another friend. They aren't long enough to span the entire vaulted ceiling, but I think I should be able to fashion some type type of hook, and reach the hook on the fish tape.

I'm considering putting 2 small pulleys up on the roof joists, and running some twine or something between them to make running wires/cables much easier. :undecided: Just clip them on, and pull. Easy peasy. (in theory)

HARDTRAILZ

Nov 18, 2011
Working

Mooseman

Dec 4, 2011
Ottawa, ON
Trying to get motivated to clean the yard. So far I'm failing.

Sparky

Dec 4, 2011
Finished off my last day of work for about 2 weeks. Picked up some plumbing pieces at the store, then went home and ran a bunch of laundry, and put some sealant around all the seams on the tub and surround and put the shower head in place. Will put the valve in later.

Reactions: Blckshdw and Matt

HARDTRAILZ

Nov 18, 2011
Lil cube work then go out n take some pictures then head out to the land to clean up in n around cabin and sight in some weapons for deer season

Blckshdw

Nov 20, 2011
Tampa Bay Area, FL
Decided to take the day off, and hit the beach for a few hours. Got a boatload of PTO that I've gotta get used up. Had planned this a month ago, but Irma got in the way :hissyfit:

So this is my view currently :thumbsup:
IMG-20171016-WA0000.jpeg

Later on, swing by @jimmyjam's house to drop off some stuff I borrowed since he's on the way home.

Feeling like spaghetti with Italian sausage and ground turkey will be on the menu tonight for dinner :yes:

HARDTRAILZ

Nov 18, 2011
Working then taking kids to library and maybe do something with FIL for his birthday

Matt

Dec 2, 2011
Went to the arse doctor and got the OK to go back to work tomorrow (tonight for Lowes) and going for my annual physical in 1 1/2 hours.

Mooseman

Dec 4, 2011
Ottawa, ON
Just chillin' before working an evening shift.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
06_4.2_4x4_ls

Members Online