Nov 18, 2011
work work work

Mooseman

Dec 4, 2011
Ottawa, ON
Swing shift today/tonight. Ugh...

Sparky

Dec 4, 2011
Figuring out what all died at work from the storm last evening. Nothing too huge, just annoyances.

Blckshdw

Nov 20, 2011
Tampa Bay Area, FL
Hit the mall this morning, had to replace some pants for work, that I ruined by getting some cleaner on them that contained bleach. :hissyfit: On the way home, scouted out a location for some offsite work meetings for Monday and Tuesday.

Later in the afternoon, met up with some friends to participate in a Sherlock Holmes themed escape room. Was pretty cool, we did the hardest one, Moriarty's game room, and failed to escape within the 60 minutes. We were pretty close though, maybe another 15 minutes or so and we would have made it.

After that, dinner downtown by the waterfront. Kinda pricey, but well worth it. Now at home chillin, having a cocktail on the couch and watching TV.

Mooseman

Dec 4, 2011
Ottawa, ON
Trying to muster enough energy to go out and go over the TB before a vacation trip. Have to find the source of the thud when stopping and add a tranny cooler.

xavierny25

Mar 16, 2014
Staten Island, N.Y
@ work counting down the days to my staycation. Since all I'll be doing is working on stuff at home. I'll still have another 2 weeks to use in September. Most definitely going to be looking to get out of town for that.

Sparky

Dec 4, 2011
Back at work.

I have a list of stuff I need to get done this week. Stuff that needs done at work, stuff that needs done to prep for the wedding, etc. Next several weeks are going to be busy.

Blckshdw

Nov 20, 2011
Tampa Bay Area, FL
Congrats to @Sparky, that's great news man! :thumbsup:

As for me, day 1 of offsite training for work is in the books. Most of it was really for our recruitment team, a bit less so for the customer care team, and even less so for me, but a few of the talking points could be applied. One more day tomorrow, and then back to the regular grind. Hopefully no :lipsrsealed: hit the fan while most of the customer facing staff was out of the office for 2 straight days following a weekend :confused: (why they planned it this way is beyond me)

Reactions: Matt

djthumper

Administrator
Nov 20, 2011
North Las Vegas
You may have if you're not a friend on FB. I don't think Jared announced it here...but seeing as it's out there now, I want to say a BIG congratulations to both of them.
Not that I stalk him on FB.

Oh, yeah, I guess I never said much here. Yes, I'm getting married this fall.
Congratulations man.

Reactions: Redbeard and Matt

HARDTRAILZ

Nov 18, 2011
Trying to catch up and figure out WTF to do with all the stuff lately. Been a damn long week or so and the fun is just beginning. Wowsers. Its sad when the cube is a break from the struggle

Blckshdw

Nov 20, 2011
Tampa Bay Area, FL
After work yesterday, decided to head straight to the backyard to mow the lawn, since today we were forecast for scattered showers. Turns out we had torrential downpours for a little over an hour, so good call by me :biggrin:

Today, being a couch potato. The census bureau stopped by to do a crime survey since I'm a new home owner. Went pretty quickly, so wasn't too annoyed by it.

Found a new greek place, gonna hit that up for dinner. Have had a craving for gyros lately, so time to satisfy that. Also thinking of trying some different cocktails, so gonna hit the liquor store. Good times! :tequila:

Reprise

Lifetime VIP Donor
Supporting Donor
Jul 22, 2015

sawicksted

Dec 7, 2011
A long day of manual labor. Drove across town to help a friend install some cabinets in his garage. Took us a while, but after that crash course, now I know how to do it, should I choose to do so in my own garage later :undecided: :thumbsup:

Loaded up his existing washer and dryer set in his pick up, and helped install his favorite set in the house. I knew they'd be heavy, but that washer... Sheesh! Got them back to my place, had a slight mixup getting the washer out, so it has a battle dent on the side now. Also, the old dryer had the 3 prong plug, this one had a 4 prong. :mad: Ended up stealing the 3 prong plug from the old washer and rewiring it into the newer one. Will have to address the old one before I sell it later.

View attachment 81510

The height is actually perfect since I'm tall. The openings are right about elbow height, so I don't have to do any bending over to load or unload them. Those of you who have shared the joys of back pain feel me on this one! :cool:

ETA: After running a load through, they may need to come down a bit. While the load height is great, the tray for the soap/bleach/fabric softener is right at eye level. So a tad difficult to read, and makes pouring stuff in slightly inconvenient. Should I ever get to the point of having someone here that needs to do laundry, this ain't gonna work for them :tongue:

Just build a step!... Likely easier than lowering the set.

Blckshdw

Nov 20, 2011
Tampa Bay Area, FL
Was gonna run some errands and tinker with the truck today, but instead I am laid up on the couch, nursing a sore back. Just hope it feels better by morning, not a good way to start the work week :no:

Just build a step!... Likely easier than lowering the set.

Too late, when I sold my old set, had a hand putting the new ones back on the floor. Requires some bending over on my part, but I'll survive.

Reactions: $ Khalid ! 9130

Mounce

Mar 29, 2014
Tuscaloosa, AL
Intake gaskets on the mustang. Been leaking for a couple years and I put it off like most other things on it. :crazy:

Took way longer than I expected to get it tore down. Hard working around everything and trying to keep the coolant sludge on the outside from getting inside. Not to mention my first time going this deep in a motor.

Gaskets were blown worse than I expected. Had started getting a little oil in the coolant but never saw any coolant in the oil. Coolant passages at the ends. Just a nasty 200,000 mile Ford.

Screenshot_2017-08-13-23-10-18-1.png

HARDTRAILZ

Nov 18, 2011
working

xavierny25

Mar 16, 2014
Staten Island, N.Y
To start my stay-cation I ripped the walls out around my tub and am making a materials list. It took me the better part of the day to get it where I can start to straighten things out. The wall studs are all over the place so I'll be replacing or just attach another stub to get them nice and straight and plum.20170814_112146.jpg 20170814_130329.jpg 20170814_161233.jpg
The tub shoe is in good shape. The tub is fairly level and the shower body is only about 6yrs old so there staying. I might even have the tub reglazed at a later point.

Mooseman

Dec 4, 2011
Ottawa, ON
Went for breakfast with a buddy from work, then picked up my new personalized plates for the Caprice which read "1RAREPPV", picked up 4 UPS' I won on a gov't surplus auction, went to the MOT office to switch the registration for the new plates, a quick trip to Wally World to get some tubs to store spare TB parts.

djthumper

Administrator
Nov 20, 2011
North Las Vegas
Workin! We installed a new large format printer on Friday, working out the kinks with the end users.

Reactions: Redbeard

Sparky

Dec 4, 2011
Worked on the coworker's rustbucket Bravada. Got the new shackles on, new shocks on, started work on the rear brakes and teh rear pads on the passenger side were rusted to the bracket, and the bracket was rusted through at the one slide pin! The heck.

Evidently the rear caliper brackets were made a bit on the thin side and it isn't super uncommon as these S10 Blazers got old. Common enough that the parts stores carry the rears on hand, though not the fronts as they are beefier.

Mar 30, 2016
KSA
Enjoying my last day off. Back to classes from tomorrow

EDIT: Also finished up my planning and documentation of the next TOP SECRET PROJECT for the Trailblazer. I am just waiting till I get to Saudi to start putting it together

Last edited:
Reactions: Redbeard and Matt

Mooseman

Dec 4, 2011
Ottawa, ON
Cleaning up by loading up old metal parts and taking them to the recycler. $$$
Then organize the old TB parts in the shed.

HARDTRAILZ

Nov 18, 2011
In da cube

xavierny25

Mar 16, 2014
Staten Island, N.Y
Loaded up the Voy with some materials from home depot. Had to head over to my brothers shop to pick up some tool after. Got all that dropped of so I'll be at it bright and early tomorrow. 20170815_094322.jpg 20170815_112059.jpg

littleblazer

Jul 6, 2014
Made a purchase.20170815_155356.jpg

HARDTRAILZ

Nov 18, 2011
working

Mooseman

Dec 4, 2011
Ottawa, ON
Another day off. Probably going to the pick-n-pull looking for a radio with a working CD for @trailblazer075 .

Mooseman

Dec 4, 2011
Ottawa, ON
Another day off. Probably going to the pick-n-pull looking for a radio with a working CD for @trailblazer075 .

Found two, both CD`s would not eject. I think it`s a lost cause and will recommend to him a modern aftermarket radio.

Reactions: $ Khalid ! 9130
Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MEHMET ONUR

Members Online