Reality thread...continued.

Blade

Nov 20, 2011
Lol! :biggrin:

Maybe I should just give him a job in the mill. He is certainly more ambitious than a few I have here now.:tongue:

BO TIE SS

Original poster
Nov 18, 2011
Blade said:
He is certainly more ambitious than a few I have here now.:tongue:
Our homeless just stand at the end of freeway exit ramps with signs asking for "help".

Regulator

Nov 20, 2011
BO TIE SS said:
Our homeless just stand at the end of freeway exit ramps with signs asking for "help".

What does it say about this country when even the beggars are lazy and want handouts without putting any effort into it? :no: :hissyfit:

Blade

Nov 20, 2011
I will be visiting Vegas on May 29 for 4 glorious days and somewhat interesting nights. :wootwoot:

I get to see California again in June as we are attending a wedding Just south of Stockton in the bustling tumbleweed town of Ripon. Going to visit 'Frisco and Monterey during the trip as it knida makes sense if you are flying all that way anyway. I love the area around Carmel. :thumbsup:

Another yacht race this weekend. Sure hope we get a little wind this time. It was a tad boring @ 12 knts. Although the sun was glorious and we had a lot of relaxing time :biggrin:

Blade

Nov 20, 2011
No Race this weekend. May 12 is the the day.

Maybe lake bound this weekend.

Charge card still stinging from the brake job .... yes BRAKE job! :biggrin:

Guano

Jan 4, 2012
Blade said:
Charge card still stinging from the brake job .... yes BRAKE job! :biggrin:

You speak of Vegas to often for me to believe Brake Job actually means Brake Job.

BO TIE SS

Original poster
Nov 18, 2011
Guano said:
You speak of Vegas to often for me to believe Brake Job actually means Brake Job.
It must be a typo. I think he means Break from his job. :yes:

Blade

Nov 20, 2011
Guano said:

It's funny how that Vegas place works. If you get lucky then put it all back in the machine you look like a big time gambler. If you have a wife that just puts it all in the machine she IS a big time gambler. When you tie your players cards together to total your points then all of a sudden I get free rooms, free shows, and free food! Plus, I save money because while I'm in Vegas I'm not putting gas in the Escalade!:thumbsup::biggrin:

BO TIE SS said:
It must be a typo. I think he means Break from his job. :yes:

Before I used to say my job WAS a break! Now they seemed to have figured out that I had a lot of spare time. So, now I get "Projects" with actual deadlines :banghead:

Vegas on May 29th. Birthday on May 30. Mrs. B always give me the greatest B-Day present!:goodevil:

Blade

Nov 20, 2011
This thread is almost like a blog. :biggrin:

I cut the lawn already today and the detailer has started on the Escalade. Scrubbing and cleaning inside and out. I gave him a challenge. I just cleaned it. He has to make it look better. Plus for some reason the dye from my jeans is transfering into the leather???

So I have to watch and rest in my recliner while he tries to get it sparkling clean and polished. Wait ....it started that way ......

He is pressure washing my carpets :eek:

He had better not ruin anything or somebody may blow a fuse :mad: Now I scarred myself :tongue:

HARDTRAILZ

Nov 18, 2011
New jeans or old jeans....New will bleed out for a couple washes

Uncle Blazer

Dec 8, 2011
Just sold my/our house this morning. Start looking for the new Casa de Blazer tonight after work. Might even be able to get a place where I can park the TB inside :eek: ......for some reason that second stall always seems to be on the chopping block. if the wifey likes something with a 1 stall, it looks like i will be scraping windows again next winter. Anyway, glad we unloaded the POS and get to upgrade.

Blade

Nov 20, 2011
HARDTRAILZ said:
New jeans or old jeans....New will bleed out for a couple washes

They were those pre-washed faded ones so it really surprises me that the color would rub off :confused:

Uncle Blazer said:
Just sold my/our house this morning. Start looking for the new Casa de Blazer tonight after work. Might even be able to get a place where I can park the TB inside :eek: ......for some reason that second stall always seems to be on the chopping block. if the wifey likes something with a 1 stall, it looks like i will be scraping windows again next winter. Anyway, glad we unloaded the POS and get to upgrade.

This is good news. The better news will when the new house is landed and we hear that it has a Double garage!:thumbsup:

Blade

Nov 20, 2011
So this detail guy comes over to my house and starts on the 'Lade. I must say that the only reason I entertained this thought was because there was a member on the OS that was a very good detailer and apparently was incredible. Anyway, I showed this fellow the interior spots where the dog has enough nose stuff on the window to make it opaque and asked him to pay special attention to that area.

He asked me to clear out the console so the stuff in there does not get wet. That prompts me to comment to him that I don't want to remove the stuff and how much water is gonna get sprayed in here. He tells me it is just atomized water but he does not want to take a chance on getting anything wet. This is where things went South. I indicated that I did not want to empty it ..... hence he did not have to clean it. I removed the stuff as a protective measure because it contained my owners manual, my insurance papers for the boat trailer and my deadly duo of Tim Hortons and Starbucks Cards.

I cleaned it out. The next thing I know he is calling me out to the truck to tell me that the velvet lining in my center console has come loose and got sucked up into his vacuum. So I am about to loose my temper but instead I take a deep breath and stay calm. I asked him how this happened and he said he got it wet and the cleaning agent must have released the glue and then it came loose and sucked out. So now I simply said, "I'm not very happy right now"

He comes back to the door in 5 minutes and said that his boss wants to make things right and he will find some material and fix it. I'm still up in the air about his one. Do I let this moron fix it or do I do it myself? (a slightly smarter moron than the first one for obvious reasons) Or do I ask him to pay for a professional fix, thereby making his work day of $250 go backwards for him. He may simply run away from me if I get too demanding. Hmmmmm.....

DucatiSS

Nov 19, 2011
I would go for the professional fix. Who knows what Moron #1 is capable of next. :biggrin::raspberry:

HARDTRAILZ

Nov 18, 2011
Damn. That suxks, but he could easily use duct tape to fix it, so you may not want him to do it....Maybe get his boss out to remedy it.

Blade

Nov 20, 2011
DucatiSS said:
I would go for the professional fix. Who knows what Moron #1 is capable of next. :biggrin::raspberry:

I'm really not sure if Moron #2 could a better job because he is so fussy that he may loose control and go buy a new center console just to avoid Moron #1 coming back. :undecided: although a leather type of bottom liner may look cool?

HARDTRAILZ said:
Damn. That suxks, but he could easily use duct tape to fix it, so you may not want him to do it....Maybe get his boss out to remedy it.

Maybe if he sends his girlfriend to fix it :eek: and :wootwoot:...... or just his boss would be the best bet.

davenay67

Jan 16, 2012
Just as for a lot of people, gas is becoming an expense that is tough to swallow. For someone who only really 'potters around town' getting groceries and running the kids to/from school, my wife sure racks up a lot of miles. And now, with her graphic design business starting to gain some traction, she is racking up even more miles. I would estimate that we both do a good 1,000 miles a month at a minumum, and probably 10% - 20% more than that is we take any trips.

So, today is day #1 of me commuting to work on the motorcycle, which should save me about $100 a month in gas. It's only a 250, so the expense of tires and chains in extremely minimal given that both last a very long time compared to bigger bikes. my wife will be driving my VW nstead of the TB, so that should be about an 8mpg improvement. All in, this should be saving us about $150 or more a month, not to mention saving mileage and wear and tear on at least one of the cars.

I love 2 wheels and the ride to work on a nice day (like today) is simply wonderful. I know there will be ugly weather days, but for now all is glorious....:cool:

BO TIE SS

Original poster
Nov 18, 2011
DucatiSS said:
I would go for the professional fix.
I agree. Then send the bill to the moron #1's boss.

davenay67 said:
So, today is day #1 of me commuting to work on the motorcycle, which should save me about $100 a month in gas.
Is that your bike in your avatar? :biggrin:

J/K :raspberry:

I have to get the 28K mile service done on my bike before it takes over as the summer DD. My 'Wing is an 1800, but the 38 MPG is still better than the 'Hoe. :hahano:

Guano

Jan 4, 2012
Forests Boss owes you another box as was before it was destroyed.
Was the rest of the job worth payment?:hissyfit:

Blade

Nov 20, 2011
Guano said:
Forests Boss owes you another box as was before it was destroyed.
Was the rest of the job worth payment?:hissyfit:

Well kinda. It made me organize the inside and it looks nice. But for $250 bucks I would rather pay the Texastb detail guy on the OS whatever he would charge.

The wax he put on did motivate me to go over the whole thing with Zaino. So now that I have a good base coat I will do another Zaino coat and it should be good for a couple of months.

I get to chat with M1 this weekend as he said he is ready to fix it. :smiley_kill:

DucatiSS

Nov 19, 2011
Given the fact that some members want to change their screen name; I am going to request:

DucatiSS the one, the only, the man, the myth, the legend.

:rotfl:

The_Roadie

Lifetime VIP Donor
Nov 19, 2011
Portland, OR
DucatiSS said:
DucatiSS the one, the only, the man, the miss, the transgendered.
There, I fixed your post.

DucatiSS

Nov 19, 2011
the roadie said:
There, I fixed your post.

Only fitting that the words "fixed" and "transgendered" would be used in the same sentence. :rotfl:

suburbs

Jan 6, 2012
Roommate and I just failed the no homo exam for the day. I heard the final scene to dirty dancing come on the tv upstairs, he and I independently converged to the living room to watch it in its entirety. Then we youtubed the angry dance scene from footloose the original, and compared and critiqued it to the same scene from the remake. Both of us were without shirts at the time.

The girlfriend was outside playing fetch with 5 neighborhood dogs and a dip of copenhagen as this was going on.

HARDTRAILZ

Nov 18, 2011
Wow:undecided:

Mark20

Dec 6, 2011
Well my neighbor and buddy just sold his house. He isn't moving that far away but I sure am going to miss him.

The long story short is that my father died when I was quite young and my mother never re-married nor did I have a father figure growing up. My buddy (a term I use rarely as it has deeper meaning to me) is old enough to be my father so in many ways he is a father figure to me especially over the past 10 years.

Sorry to dump but if I don't get this off my chest it is going to eat at me.

BO TIE SS

Original poster
Nov 18, 2011
Mark20 said:
He isn't moving that far away but I sure am going to miss him.
If he isn't moving very far away, it will be easy for you to keep in touch. Just make sure you make the effort. :yes:

Mark20

Dec 6, 2011
In that regard it will be relatively easy since we're both amateur radio operators. We may just have to turn up the power to our radios a Watt or two.

djthumper

Administrator
Nov 20, 2011
North Las Vegas
Mark20 said:
In that regard it will be relatively easy since we're both amateur radio operators. We may just have to turn up the power to our radios a Watt or two.
sometimes that make it nice and easy. Especially if you have a radio in the truck and you can talk while on the road.

STLtrailbSS

Dec 4, 2011
Rough Week Man, A guy from high school got hit on the highway on his bike and was killed over the weekend, shoot some prayers for his family please.
Then my job training this week is pass/fail do it right or your done. Time to buckle down.

Blade

Nov 20, 2011
Guano said:
Nobody understands me...

Of course we don't. That is why we post here. Did I mention that I got arrested for being naughty in Vegas?

Attachments

• Arrested in Vegas.jpg
    Arrested in Vegas.jpg
    96.1 KB · Views: 4

BO TIE SS

Original poster
Nov 18, 2011
Guano said:
Nobody understands me...
You're just now learning this? :confused:

:raspberry:

Guano said:
Stop trying to steal the ladies panties... While they are wearimg them...
What Bill didn't realize is that those are actually men in those uniforms! :eek: :redface: :ugh:

:rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:

Uncle Blazer

Dec 8, 2011
accepted an offer on our house Sunday night. we had/have a standing offer on a new house (pending the sale of ours) that, by the grace of God, is still available. The first offer on our house fell through and it was very discouraging. Took a bit of a hit on the house, but it was worth it. We bought the house just over three years ago, and have since added 3 kids. Needless to say, we have outgrown this place. Moving on to a place with a better setup(room), nice neighborhood, good schools, garage, and most importantly central air (window AC in the current place). Home inspection is tonight. If all goes well, this will be the house my family grows up in. :thumbsup: Scared about putting my address up on the internet? No. Mr. Walther and Mr. Remmington keep an eye out. :yes:

1445 Country Club Dr Marion IA - Home For Sale and Real Estate Listing - MLS #1202161 - Realtor.com®

DucatiSS

Nov 19, 2011
BO TIE SS said:
What Bill didn't realize is that those are actually men in those uniforms! :eek: :redface: :ugh:

:rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:

I don't think so.

On Saturday, my wife and I went to this fancy little French Bistro in Newport Beach. After a few moments I started checking out this one waitress.
She had long blonde hair all wrapped up and held in place with a hair stick, she was about 6' tall, legs up to her tiny little butt, nice large chest with what seemed to be very chilly nipples. Working my way up I noticed she had some large pouty lips and very blue eyes. She was almost perfect, except when I went to stare at her boobs/nipples again, something caught my eye on my way down from her lips to her boobs.

A damn Adams apple....:eek::eek::eek::hissyfit:.....OMG, I need eye bleach now and a little black pen from MIB.:redface:

The moral of the story: Always look at a "girls" throat first. The girls that arrested Bill are all girl. :biggrin:

HARDTRAILZ

Nov 18, 2011
Looks nice. Watch how your insurance works with that style home. Per ANSI standards anything on the lower level can not be considered a square footage, just as finished basement since one or more walls is partially underground. So properly it is a 1 bath home, but functionally the basement bath works and goes well with the layout. You will also need to be careful if you do like the ad said and try to make that lower level a master sweet since it will have special fire codes for a basement bedroom.

It looks like it is well kept and has a nice backyard. Hope it all works out for you!

Uncle Blazer

Dec 8, 2011
HARDTRAILZ said:
Looks nice. Watch how your insurance works with that style home. Per ANSI standards anything on the lower level can not be considered a square footage, just as finished basement since one or more walls is partially underground. So properly it is a 1 bath home, but functionally the basement bath works and goes well with the layout. You will also need to be careful if you do like the ad said and try to make that lower level a master sweet since it will have special fire codes for a basement bedroom.

It looks like it is well kept and has a nice backyard. Hope it all works out for you!

Thanks buddy. No plans to make the basement a master; It will stay as a family room. There is also a non-conforming bedroom in the basement which will serve as a guest room/toy storage. Long term plans include extending the deck the rest of the way, knocking out the double windows and putting a slider in. Will have to see how the deck is holding up....most likely will be a complete takedown/redo (again, long term project).

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CHEVYN8R