Reality thread...continued.

BO TIE SS

Original poster
Nov 18, 2011
wmolzon said:
I'm working midnight Friday to noon Friday, that will be my 11th day straight.
Well, I tried. :wink:

wmolzon

Nov 21, 2011
DucatiSS said:
Sleep is over rated. Plenty of time for that after your gone from this earth. :raspberry:

BTW, nice to see you back Warren. :thumbsup:

Hey bill thanks, yea I was never a big sleeper but I got a lot going on with the wedding planning. Saturday morning we have to go see a place in new jersey so I'm allllll booked this weekend.

Blade

Nov 20, 2011
wmolzon said:
Life is good. Actually got engaged about a month ago so the fun begins lol

This exciting :thumbsup:

HARDTRAILZ said:
Busy busy. Sold house, remodeled a new place and moved in past few weeks. 12-14 hour days and a 150 mile roundtrip commute is a bit rough.

Glad to see you are getting settled in!:biggrin:

BO TIE SS said:
You could always come Friday, hang out for a bit, and then join us for pizza in the parking lot at the hotel. :yes:

mmmmm.....pizza! If it were only a bit closer than 2000 miles :undecided:

wmolzon said:
I'm working midnight Friday to noon Friday, that will be my 11th day straight. Gotta sleep some time lol

I think your boss has been talking to my boss or he has joined a forum and done some reading :lipsrsealed:

DucatiSS said:
Sleep is over rated. Plenty of time for that after your gone from this earth. :raspberry:

Gone is so finite. ..... why would I ever leave if I had the opportunity to "haunt" for an eternity?

But I am on vacation. Another summer ...another lightning strike and subsequent wildfire.They have this one knocked down pretty good so the road was only closed for a day.:crazy: Now it is off in the boat to the pub for lunch then onto the lake to watch the snowbirds. That is our Canadian acrobatic jet squad that fly in something that is barely post WWII. They work miracles keeping these things in the air let alone conducting stunts!:biggrin:

wmolzon

Nov 21, 2011
Hey bill nice to see you're on another vacation lol I'm in need of one of those. Its kinda been my choice to work extra, we are short on a few shifts so they need the help and I need the money lol. Plus the shift I'm helping out on has some new guys so I gotta make sure they don't mess things up.

Sparky

Dec 4, 2011
Anyone else having a crappy week? I've felt extremely unproductive and wiped out all week. Really sucks.

Dad-O-Matic

Dec 5, 2011
Sparky said:
I've felt extremely unproductive and wiped out all week.

Me too.

[video=youtube;8WEKcjRRnzw]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8WEKcjRRnzw[/video]

Blade

Nov 20, 2011
wmolzon said:
Hey bill nice to see you're on another vacation lol I'm in need of one of those. Its kinda been my choice to work extra, we are short on a few shifts so they need the help and I need the money lol. Plus the shift I'm helping out on has some new guys so I gotta make sure they don't mess things up.

Its really nice to get the extra cash when you can. its funny when you have a brand new house and you still find ways to spend money on it. lol! Wedding coming up too, so yup, make that money now so you can relax after the wedding is competed. And work ..... well I really do wonder what kind of a mess I will come back to but that's ok, i like to fix things!:biggrin:

Sparky said:
Anyone else having a crappy week? I've felt extremely unproductive and wiped out all week. Really sucks.

Yes it does. I tend to sleep lots just to get through those weeks. Although I have been on vacation so this week has been great. Next week will begin to suck starting with Monday as I catch up on stuff :crazy:

Sparky

Dec 4, 2011
A vacation sounds good. I haven't had a real one in about 3 years. That probably isn't helping.

Black_tb

Dec 6, 2011
a vacation sounds great but im getting married sept 22 so i have tons of bills right now sooooo cant really take one and im start a "new temporary job" as of monday in hopes to get some training for a higher paying job so wish me luck :thumbsup:

Blade

Nov 20, 2011
Sparky said:
A vacation sounds good. I haven't had a real one in about 3 years. That probably isn't helping.

This makes way more sense now. People need time to relax and unwind. if you don't unwind people tend to unravel. Yes you can quote me FWIW! Lol!

Black_tb said:
a vacation sounds great but im getting married sept 22 so i have tons of bills right now sooooo cant really take one and im start a "new temporary job" as of monday in hopes to get some training for a higher paying job so wish me luck :thumbsup:

Looking forward to hearing something positive with the job:thumbsup:

Getting married is something positive so least there is some light at the end of the tunnel. :biggrin:

Wooluf1952

Nov 20, 2011
Milwaukee, Wisconsin
Blade said:
This makes way more sense now. People need time to relax and unwind. if you don't unwind people tend to unravel. Yes you can quote me FWIW! Lol!

That's the problem with being retired. I don't know if I need a vacation or something more to do.
Although I'm sure my wife will tell me. So, I don't ask. :biggrin:

Blade

Nov 20, 2011
Wooluf1952 said:
That's the problem with being retired. I don't know if I need a vacation or something more to do.
Although I'm sure my wife will tell me. So, I don't ask. :biggrin:

I almost fear retirement for that same reason. Working for the employer that does not pay you and she has your attention 7 days a week:biggrin:

Dad-O-Matic

Dec 5, 2011
Blade said:
I almost fear retirement for that same reason. Working for the employer that does not pay you and she has your attention 7 days a week:biggrin:

Thanks, I never thought about that before, but I felt a cold shiver run down my spine when I read this :eek: Luckily retirement is 15+ years away. :yes: Lots of time to figure out how to stay out of the "empoyers" hair. Not what I had in mind when setting up my retirement plan. :rotfl:

Blade

Nov 20, 2011
Guano said:
Hi all......not looking that far ahead ....right now....FIN tooth.

Oh oh. A visit to the "king of pain" is inevitable. I know my dentist quite well from my teenage years and remain good friends in spite of listing him on my appointment calender as "Dr. Pain".

Dad-O-Matic said:
Thanks, I never thought about that before, but I felt a cold shiver run down my spine when I read this :eek: Luckily retirement is 15+ years away. :yes: Lots of time to figure out how to stay out of the "empoyers" hair. Not what I had in mind when setting up my retirement plan. :rotfl:

Yup, 15 years sounds about right.:undecided: That's about when my youngest will be finished University and maybe get a job and move out. She would be about 35 by then! :rotfl:

Sparky

Dec 4, 2011
Blade said:
Oh oh. A visit to the "king of pain" is inevitable. I know my dentist quite well from my teenage years and remain good friends in spite of listing him on my appointment calender as "Dr. Pain".

Well you certainly don't want to be enemies with your dentist now do you? :eek::rotfl:

Guano

Jan 4, 2012
If I dont survive this probable tooth ..pulling you guys are all Dicks..... .lol.......Damned Dentist ...Damned type1 diabetes

Envoy4Life

Dec 4, 2011
Welp... I haven't logged on in a while, but I promise I will every day. Stupid 70 hours per week. :frown:

I miss all of you guys! :smile:

Blade

Nov 20, 2011
Guano said:
If I dont survive this probable tooth ..pulling you guys are all Dicks..... .lol.......Damned Dentist ...Damned type1 diabetes

My wife is type 1 :eek: and since she was 5 years old. Still kicking my butt around ....so to speak.

She is dragging me off to Vegas yet again. Keeps me out late gambling and this time she has 3 girlfriends meeting us there! HELP ME! :crazy:

Howz the tooth situation?

Blade

Nov 20, 2011
Yup, Vegas is set for Oct 2.

Wife is retired ..... or I call it unemployed :biggrin:

I have rode the bike to work for the last 2 weeks and probably saved myself about $150 in gas. :thumbsup: Weather is getting a little chilly up here at night but I dress warm for it.

Work is crazy! Anyone else have to work on stat holidays?

BO TIE SS

Original poster
Nov 18, 2011
Hello Bill. :tiphat:

Blade said:
I have rode the bike to work for the last 2 weeks and probably saved myself about $150 in gas. :thumbsup: Weather is getting a little chilly up here at night but I dress warm for it.
I have hardly rode mine at all this year. :redface: We're going to get a temperature drop here this week.

Blade

Nov 20, 2011
BO TIE SS said:
Hello Bill. :tiphat:

I have hardly rode mine at all this year. :redface: We're going to get a temperature drop here this week.

Well, Sam, went for a great ride on Sunday. About 120 miles there and back, through the country @ 77 deg F, out to a popular local lake. Winding roads, fields, trees and of course ...... cows.

Drove out with a buddy and watched him go fast on his sport bike. (Honda CBR600RR) He had to wait for me lots as I don't drive crazy. Hells bells I am still getting used to the concept of "you go where you look" and caught myself getting drawn toward road edges until I started to head spot my turns. I had two close calls, then the bit of piss in my pants was a continual reminder.

I sure would like a bigger bike next year. This is a great learner bike and it is serving the purpose well. Maybe a Ducati? :tongue:

BO TIE SS

Original poster
Nov 18, 2011
Blade said:
Well, Sam, went for a great ride on Sunday. About 120 miles there and back, through the country @ 77 deg F, out to a popular local lake. Winding roads, fields, trees and of course ...... cows.

Drove out with a buddy and watched him go fast on his sport bike. (Honda CBR600RR) He had to wait for me lots as I don't drive crazy. Hells bells I am still getting used to the concept of "you go where you look" and caught myself getting drawn toward road edges until I started to head spot my turns. I had two close calls, then the bit of piss in my pants was a continual reminder.
Sounds like a good time, Bill. I haven't taken a long ride in a really long time. :frown:

Blade said:
I sure would like a bigger bike next year....Maybe a Ducati? :tongue:
Why on earth would you buy such a piece of junk? :confused:

:rotfl: :raspberry:

P.S. - I think you should get a 2001 - 2011 Honda Goldwing
View attachment 22904

Attachments

• Honda_GL1800Goldwing_2001_p_109_webl.jpg
    Honda_GL1800Goldwing_2001_p_109_webl.jpg
    95.9 KB · Views: 189

DucatiSS

Nov 19, 2011
Blade said:
This is a great learner bike and it is serving the purpose well. Maybe a Ducati? :tongue:

BO TIE SS said:

First off, You can not simply "buy" a Ducati, the Ducati has to choose you, if not, it will eat you. (avatar reference from Pandora)

Blade

Nov 20, 2011
BO TIE SS said:
Sounds like a good time, Bill. I haven't taken a long ride in a really long time. :frown:

:rotfl: :raspberry:

P.S. - I think you should get a 2001 - 2011 Honda Goldwing
View attachment 9369

That looks a little to ..... cushy? Is that the right word? I would really like a dual purpose bike that handles well and gives me a more upright/standard riding position.

DucatiSS said:
First off, You can not simply "buy" a Ducati, the Ducati has to choose you, if not, it will eat you. (avatar reference from Pandora)

That reminds me of "How To Train Your Dragon". But what is so bad about a machine that weighs 325 lbs and has almost 285 hp? :wooot:

Denali n DOO

May 22, 2012
Blade said:
That looks a little to ..... cushy? Is that the right word? I would really like a dual purpose bike that handles well and gives me a more upright/standard riding position.

That reminds me of "How To Train Your Dragon". But what is so bad about a machine that weighs 325 lbs and has almost 285 hp? :wooot:

Yahama V-Max is a nice bike :thumbsup: , pretty quick too!

Attachments

• yamaha-v-max-05.jpg
    yamaha-v-max-05.jpg
    34.5 KB · Views: 168
  • yamaha-v-max-03.jpg
    yamaha-v-max-03.jpg
    73.8 KB · Views: 7
  • 12993-2000-Yamaha-V%20Max.jpg
    12993-2000-Yamaha-V%20Max.jpg
    100.8 KB · Views: 7

BO TIE SS

Original poster
Nov 18, 2011
Blade said:
I won't take that personally. :wink: Don't be fooled by the comfort and amenities. The Goldwing has an aluminum frame and an apposing six engine that makes it very well balanced. It really handles like a dream. (I took mine to "Tail of the Dragon") :thumbsup:
Doggie1.jpg
Doggie3.jpg

Reading.jpg
Shadow.jpg

Denali n DOO said:
Yahama V-Max is a nice bike :thumbsup: , pretty quick too!
I almost bought one in 1994. It was $2000 more than an FZR1000, so I bought that instead.
P1010014.jpg

Denali n DOO

May 22, 2012
BO TIE SS said:
I almost bought one in 1994. It was $2000 more than an FZR1000, so I bought that instead.
P1010014.jpg

FZR1000, I bet that was a fun ride!

I read these posts on bikes and then wished I had one. Back in '82 I had one of these, 1972 Kawasaki 350 triple. That was a fun bike to ride, pretty fast for a 350 in it's day. I ended up with too many speeding tickets and lost my license for 30 days. I sold it and bought my first car, '76 Monte Carlo 350 w/swival bucket seats, and haven't had a bike since.

Attachments

• Ride-into-History-2010-104.jpg
    Ride-into-History-2010-104.jpg
    44.6 KB · Views: 169

Blade

Nov 20, 2011
BO TIE SS said:
I won't take that personally. :wink: Don't be fooled by the comfort and amenities. The Goldwing has an aluminum frame and an apposing six engine that makes it very well balanced. It really handles like a dream. (I took mine to "Tail of the Dragon") :thumbsup:
Doggie1.jpg
Doggie3.jpg

Reading.jpg
Shadow.jpg

P1010014.jpg

My wife already said that she won't ride so I have kinda put the pure cruiser idea on the shelf. Maybe I should rent one for a weekend and see if she still thinks that way.:undecided: They are the Cadillac!

Denali n DOO said:
FZR1000, I bet that was a fun ride!

I read these posts on bikes and then wished I had one. Back in '82 I had one of these, 1972 Kawasaki 350 triple. That was a fun bike to ride, pretty fast for a 350 in it's day. I ended up with too many speeding tickets and lost my license for 30 days. I sold it and bought my first car, '76 Monte Carlo 350 w/swival bucket seats, and haven't had a bike since.

The rage in my day was the 750 Honda and the Kawasaki 500 triple. I drove my friend's 750 on a day swap as he wanted to ride my motocross bike in the hills. I remember speed ..... My motocross bike was a 250 Montessa. The 750 was the fastest thing I had ever driven @ 19 years old. Lucky to have survived it. I did not even have a bike license.:no:

BO TIE SS

Original poster
Nov 18, 2011
Well, I ran my 5th half marathon this morning. I didn't finish as fast as last year. (not that anyone would call my running fast) :crazy: I did finish strong. This was my third time running this race, so next year I might try another. :undecided:

Thanks to Josh and Steph (and Sophia) for meeting me for dinner last night. :yes:
(sorry you couldn't make it, Juan)

Boricua SS

Nov 20, 2011
Ohio
BO TIE SS said:
Well, I ran my 5th half marathon this morning. I didn't finish as fast as last year. (not that anyone would call my running fast) :crazy: I did finish strong. This was my third time running this race, so next year I might try another. :undecided:

Thanks to Josh and Steph (and Sophia) for meeting me for dinner last night. :yes:
(sorry you couldn't make it, Juan)

I was just gonna say... bummr I couldn't make it in time... are you still going to the meet in BG?

BO TIE SS

Original poster
Nov 18, 2011
Boricua SS said:
are you still going to the meet in BG?
Absolutely. And I'll have a little more thump when I arrive. :biggrin:

Blade

Nov 20, 2011
Finally a break in the action. I can take a breath and say "HI"

Back from Vegas and a had a good time. Got a Spa suite which was really nice and was accompanied by my wife and two other ladies most of the time. (Gambling not in the Giant Jacuzzi tub) Got dragged into the Time Square Bar and forced to dance with the three of them .....it wasn't pretty but we had a lot of fun! Dueling pianos were the feature in the bar and it was really cool.

I think the bike is parked for the season as the summer stopped suddenly. We went from the driest September in history to the most wet 2 weeks of October in history. The Escalade is still running well and if you have to drive a vehicle instead of a bike, well, it could be worse.

House is painted ....... now for the new windows!

Attachments

• IMAG0720.jpg
    IMAG0720.jpg
    57.7 KB · Views: 17

Blade

Nov 20, 2011
I picked this up Friday. It is no Ducati but it sure is nice to pass people without wondering if there is enough time.

This is the 650 Versys. Some guy purchased in July of2012 and just traded in in October. 3000 miles. I have warranty until July '13 and I insured it through the winter.

Dressed warm and rode 30 miles Sunday. This is a fun bike! I feel like I am in heaven........this thing has a 5 gallon tank and a
a5e8ubu5.jpg
gas gauge! Its really a nice metalic flake yellow. Camera phone really was confused.:biggrin:

BO TIE SS

Original poster
Nov 18, 2011
Good looking bike, Bill. :thumbsup:

Wow! A five gallon tank on a 650. What's it get...55 - 60 miles per gallon? (oh wait, you go by km) :undecided:

Blade

Nov 20, 2011
Rated @ 60 mpg so I would guess I Will be in the 50 mpg area. 4.2 l/100 km

Windshield adjusts up a tad too so I Will play as time permits. Water cooled and efi too.

I think I Will do some more riding. I will stick it out and wait for some dry days though.

Now I just have to sell my relic yamaha!

Badbart

Nov 20, 2011
Hi guys, how ya been? Long time no post....

BO TIE SS

Original poster
Nov 18, 2011
Badbart said:
What's up stranger?

To make up for your absenteeism, you'll need to come to the Pinellas Park meet this year. :biggrin:

Blade

Nov 20, 2011
Badbart said:

Yes sir indeed long time no post! Reminded me of the time I had a sore finger could not type. :biggrin:

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
m3talc0re

Members Online