Reality thread...continued.

Blade

Nov 20, 2011
Badbart said:
Like that's cold to you guys! Ha! :raspberry:

Well I did put on long pants and a light jacket as the windchill put us,at 2 degrees. :biggrin:

As long as it stays above 40 we are entered in a saiboat club race on Sunday. Two hours of getting blown around in the bay. Should be fun!:tongue:

Lima Tango

Dec 4, 2011
Sent off my PCM to PCMforLess.

Also, I saw a stock ride height Hybrid Ford Escape with a huge grille guard and beefy AT tires. :confused:

Blade

Nov 20, 2011
Lima Tango said:
Sent off my PCM to PCMforLess.

Also, I saw a stock ride height Hybrid Ford Escape with a huge grille guard and beefy AT tires. :confused:

It is offroading for the environment. He can't go that far offroad and saves fuel in the process. This way he will always be out of Roadies way because he is usually in the mall.:biggrin:

We are back to rain. Need a couple of days to clear the snow and if it is over 40 degrees we go Sailboat racing on Sunday
IMG_0307.jpg

jkdubz

Dec 27, 2011
Back from 5 days in the Gulf of Mexico. We're in port fora few days I imagine. Gotta replenish fuel since we gave the oil rig 117,000 gallons a few days ago. Weather was good, not too rough. Love my job.

HARDTRAILZ

Nov 18, 2011
.5 inch of ice last night. Gonna be fun out.

HARDTRAILZ

Nov 18, 2011
So ready for the weekend even if it is the wife's choice of what to do. Going to the Home Show, but supposedly Indy has one of the oldest, biggest and best. Hopefully will at least get some good food out of the trip.

STLtrailbSS

Dec 4, 2011
Big Job Testing Thursday I feel pretty confident in that it is general mechanical knowledge but this Job pays almost as much in one week as I make in two so of course Im nervous, this would make paying the SS and school off a lot easier and take some stress off.

Boricua SS

Nov 20, 2011
Ohio
STLtrailbSS said:
Big Job Testing Thursday I feel pretty confident in that it is general mechanical knowledge but this Job pays almost as much in one week as I make in two so of course Im nervous, this would make paying the SS and school off a lot easier and take some stress off.

good luck man :thumbsup:

Mark20

Dec 6, 2011
Got copied on an email from an IT guy at the main office up in Long Island, NY (we're a small office near Philly) that has my name and work phone number. Reading further down, corporate IT needs a point of contact in our place since we have no one dedicated to that role. Gee thanks Joe!

tripplesix

Jan 26, 2012
First i should say, holla at the HTC Rezound.

I am watching channel 285 (Ivestigation Discovery) and although it way past my bedtime, i am on this site and watching this Stalked show. It is especially spooky because it is kids. I love this channel and it has always been my favorite channel (through all the various name changes).
But still, i reeeeally need to go to bed otherwise i will be dead tired tomorrow for work. My problem is i don't like going to sleep by force. There might also be an underlying problem that i don't like my job. Nayways, since it is already almost 2 am, i might as well finish watching Stalked.

STLtrailbSS

Dec 4, 2011
I watch justin.tv channel crime docus so I can watch all the I.D shows without the commercials one of my favorites lol! I went and took some preliminary job testing today..PASSED! now its on to round two of the interview process I am really hoping for this it would be so great to nail this job a true improvement.

HARDTRAILZ

Nov 18, 2011
Well that sucks. They cancelled the showing on our house tonight. I really wish someone would at least look. The wife thinks it will never sell.

Wooluf1952

Nov 20, 2011
Milwaukee, Wisconsin
HARDTRAILZ said:
Well that sucks. They cancelled the showing on our house tonight. I really wish someone would at least look. The wife thinks it will never sell.

November and December are usually the worst months for selling a house.

Traffic should start picking up. :thumbsup:

HARDTRAILZ

Nov 18, 2011
Actually got a call earliest this evening and got a new showing tomorrow at noon!

tripplesix

Jan 26, 2012
i just had a bad guitar hero night.
i need to go to sleep.

Guano

Jan 4, 2012
Not that I don't like being here just that I've posted several times & managed to lose my post everytime while trying to spellcheckk, cleanup my post got pissed & said screw it, do it at home... & then noti.......(on phone from work)Grrr so on occassion it may be back to the old days ...when I needed an interperater lol
So anyway back to my original thought...Went to pick my brother up at his Buds place tonight, what does he have sitting in the Mancave garage Impala (had asked me to make some brakelines for him sometime ago (me can't get my own crap done) ..........64 SS impala red, red, console, 327!!, & ALL, ALL, ALL there even the hubcaps !!!needs resto but like a timecapsule ...WOW Barn finds are still out there!

Short Bus

Dec 2, 2011
Guano said:
Not that I don't like being here just that I've posted several times & managed to lose my post everytime while trying to spellcheckk, cleanup my post got pissed & said screw it, do it at home... & then noti.......(on phone from work)Grrr so on occassion it may be back to the old days ...when I needed an interperater lol
So anyway back to my original thought...Went to pick my brother up at his Buds place tonight, what does he have sitting in the Mancave garage Impala (had asked me to make some brakelines for him sometime ago (me can't get my own crap done) ..........64 SS impala red, red, console, 327!!, & ALL, ALL, ALL there even the hubcaps !!!needs resto but like a timecapsule ...WOW Barn finds are still out there!

Wow, you can't tell us something sweet like that and not post a pic

Blade

Nov 20, 2011
Guano said:

Oh ya this is epic. I used to own a 63' 2 door HT SS with the 327 300 hp. I blew up the 4 speed and was a starving college kid so had to throw in a three speed because they were only $50 from the wrecker.

Other than flying out of town for the past two weekends visiting family, things have been kinda winter boring as usual. Next week the wife and youngest kid fly to Orlando to Harry Potter World. I look at his as an opportunity to feel sorry for myself and go buy something I may not really need ...... again :diggrave:

BO TIE SS

Original poster
Nov 18, 2011
Blade said:
I look at his as an opportunity to feel sorry for myself and go buy something I may not really need ...... again :diggrave:
I need everything I buy.
Even when I just need to buy something I want :rotfl:

DucatiSS

Nov 19, 2011
Blade said:
I look at his as an opportunity to feel sorry for myself and go buy something I may not really need ...... again :diggrave:

That reminds me, this weekend I was assembling something in the garage that if the wife knew about it I am sure she would say I didn't need it.
I will give hints; it is black, long (the business end is 24" ), pivots in the middle for easy cleaning, accurate at long range, and it has a hair trigger. (the slightest squeeze and it goes off) :rotfl::eek:

:wootwoot:

Voymom

Feb 3, 2012
DucatiSS said:
That reminds me, this weekend I was assembling something in the garage that if the wife knew about it I am sure she would say I didn't need it.
I will give hints; it is black, long (the business end is 24" ), pivots in the middle for easy cleaning, accurate at long range, and it has a hair trigger. (the slightest squeeze and it goes off) :rotfl::eek:

Men should really keep their hands out of their pants :raspberry:

I have done absolutely nothing today. Picked up an afgan blanket I won for a silent auction, which is donating the money to my son's school-mate who is battling ALL(Cancer). I then went to wallyworld for milk, coffee creamer, and a money order. Came home, made supper, seen hubby off to work, and just played with the kiddos until their bedtime. Now I am sitting here and relaxing until bedtime!

HARDTRAILZ

Nov 18, 2011
Been one fun night with the little one. She just been laughing and giggling. She finds it great fun to smack her lips since she just learned how. Great change from the hurting lil girl that spent last couple days teething.

DucatiSS

Nov 19, 2011
Voymom said:
Men should really keep their hands out of their pants :raspberry:

And just what did you think I was referring to young lady?????? :biggrin::redface:

Voymom

Feb 3, 2012
DucatiSS said:
And just what did you think I was referring to young lady?????? :biggrin::redface:

I always thought that's where men keep their guns :tongue:

DucatiSS

Nov 19, 2011
Voymom said:
I always thought that's where men keep their guns :tongue:

The one I am referring to won't fit. :wootwoot::raspberry::biggrin:

Voymom

Feb 3, 2012

Guano

Jan 4, 2012
DucatiSS said:

Could be be just about anything that Duc has stuffed in his pants & is next going to childishly chase his poor misses around with. ....:undecided:

NO Wait..I Know, A Turd............. No, it's a Deadly Turd Gun. Thats my geuss.

Voymom

Feb 3, 2012
Well good morning! I started out my day with getting the kids ready for school. I have 2 younger ones that stay home all day so I have my work cut out for me lol Sitting here drinking my coffee and listening to my 3yr old and 1yr old scream at each other. But on a plus note, they can lay down and take a nap soon, which means mommy can get some stuff done around the house....or take a nap lol. Had a petty argument with my hubby over a resonator/muffler. I heard they are 2 different things, and he is telling me that they are the same. But then he tells me the exhaust is different from the muffler and resonator...Wait, I thought the exhaust system was what gets rid of the exhaust FUMES?? And I thought that the resonator and muffler where 2 different things? Now I am so confused. Either way here in Iowa(Retarded state) I can not do a res delete, as it is illegal to have excessive noise coming out of a vehicle.....which makes completely NO FRIGGIN SENSE!!! I can drive around all day with a system thumping in the trunk without getting a ticket, but it's illegal to have a noisy muffler even though functional on my truck??? I hate stupidity.

I would have had this post done 15min ago but I have been fighting with a 3yr old over juice or milk as a drink with his breakfast :crazy: My dad always told me I would get paid back when I have kids for all the things I did to him...boy was he right, but what he failed to tell me was that I was going to pay for everything their father did in the past too...as the kids have BOTH genetics lol. I always tell my children to have a relationship with something/someone spiritual if they have children, because they will get paid back for the hell they are putting me through, and for them it is almost worth not having children lmao. But no matter how much of a pain they are, they are my world, and I couldn't have asked for anything else.

Well my day today consists of nothing, maybe some FB surfing, cleaning the trash out of the truck from this past weekend, cleaning the house and sorting through laundry. I'll probably lurk on here as well.

And DucatiSS- I'm going with a double barrel?

BO TIE SS

Original poster
Nov 18, 2011
Voymom said:
I heard they are 2 different things, and he is telling me that they are the same. But then he tells me the exhaust is different from the muffler and resonator...
You are correct. Just have your husband visit the site with you, and we'll arrange a "roadie smackdown" for him. :biggrin:

HARDTRAILZ

Nov 18, 2011
24 inch...AR? I am looking for an upper myself. Seen any good deals in the 18 inch variety?

Voymom

Feb 3, 2012
BO TIE SS said:
You are correct. Just have your husband visit the site with you, and we'll arrange a "roadie smackdown" for him. :biggrin:

Now the big can thing is the resonator right Bo tie?? I think that is where we are confused? He said it's a muffler and there is no resonator lol I know they are 2 different things, convinced him they are 2 different things....now we are trying to decide WHAT the resonator and muffler are in our argument. He is mechanically inclined, and I am as well...I don't know if he can handle the fact that a woman is right when it comes to the mechanics of an automobile? I was the only child of a single father...he made damn sure I didn't get screwed by mechanics or kidnapped trying to change a flat :biggrin: I think I have played stupid for my husband for way to long, and now he is a bit shocked :eek:

I may not be mechanically inclined when it comes to mods, but fixing something that is broken is no big deal, changing something or making something do a completely different job or the same job but in a different manner is where I have issues.

And as far as him visiting the site with me, I highly doubt he will. He is supportive in what I want to do with the truck, but I don't think he is willing to feel out smarted :confused: I don't care how stupid I look on here sometimes, I came here to learn something new every day regardless.

BO TIE SS

Original poster
Nov 18, 2011
Voymom said:
Now the big can thing is the resonator right Bo tie??
The muffler is larger than the resonator and is located (approximately) under the passenger seat. The resonator is the big "can" located beside (to the right) of your spare tire, that you can see while standing behind your truck.

Voymom

Feb 3, 2012
BO TIE SS said:
The muffler is larger than the resonator and is located (approximately) under the passenger seat. The resonator is the big "can" located beside (to the right) of your spare tire, that you can see while standing behind your truck.

That is what I was trying to tell him. He said he seen the muffler under the truck, and that it is gigantic? I haven't crawled under it yet, it would have to be on stands as some parts of my anatomy are to large to crawl under it as is :redface:

BRB I'm going to go out and grab pics....I want to make sure I understand what we are talking about lol

Pic 1- Resonator, it's the "can" that is next to my spare"
IMG_20120207_113513.jpg

Pic 2- Muffler? "Under passenger side"
IMG_20120207_113547.jpg

Now WTF is this?? It is under the rear passenger side, about 3ft long? I had to do 2 pics as it is so big. It's in the middle
of the first two pics I posted.
IMG_20120207_113632.jpg

IMG_20120207_113621.jpg

HARDTRAILZ

Nov 18, 2011
Voymom said:
That is what I was trying to tell him. He said he seen the muffler under the truck, and that it is gigantic? I haven't crawled under it yet, it would have to be on stands as some parts of my anatomy are to large to crawl under it as is :redface:

ThisThreadIsWorthlessWithoutPics.gif

:raspberry:

Voymom

Feb 3, 2012

HARDTRAILZ

Nov 18, 2011
Voymom said:
That is what I was trying to tell him. He said he seen the muffler under the truck, and that it is gigantic? I haven't crawled under it yet, it would have to be on stands assome parts of my anatomy are to large to crawl under it as is :redface:

HARDTRAILZ said:

:raspberry:

HARDTRAILZ

Nov 18, 2011
3 foot long thing is the muffler on these!

Regulator

Nov 20, 2011
Your first picture is the resonator. If I recall correctly I have seen other Iowa members that have removed it and not had any issues. The second picture you posted is the catalytic converter. The third picture is the muffler.

Honestly, there is very very little sound difference with the resonator versus without it. It is just a huge eye sore, that is why it gets removed.

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Samsen