Official FedEX UPS USPS Vent Thread!!

Matt

Dec 2, 2011
Matt said:
The remote finally showed up yesterday...left a chitty feedback on their Amazon account hoping they'll refund the shipping cost.
They refunded the difference between normal and expedited shipping...a whopping $3.00, farkers.

Blckshdw

Nov 20, 2011
Tampa Bay Area, FL
Although my package is essentially being delivered in 1 business day, so I shouldn't complain, I did raise an eyebrow when I looked at the tracking this morning.

:coffee: If you look at the locations of the 3 towns/cities involved here, which one seems just a wee bit out of the way... :confused:

USPS%2011-3.jpg

Map%2011-3.jpg

I mean, seriously, going damn near all the way to Orlando? Really?

Mooseman

Dec 4, 2011
Ottawa, ON
Could just be that the truck your package was in went that way to drop off part of its load and then back up to head your way. As long as you get it on time, it's all good.

Blckshdw

Nov 20, 2011
Tampa Bay Area, FL
I think the ebay seller used some other shipping company, that turned the package over to the postal service, and that's why it went way over there. Just seems weird though, cuz it's a small package (multimeter leads).

Matt

Dec 2, 2011
I have stuff delivered by USPS and our local sorting centre is in Cleveland now that they shut down Akron. The stuff goes to Cleveland, then goes to BFE, PA and goes to my local PO from there...now where does that make sense?

Mounce

Mar 29, 2014
Tuscaloosa, AL
Usps' tracking app and tracking through browser is down. Got updates on eBay though for one of two things I ordered.

The tracking app went to shit after they changed it.

dmanns67

Apr 3, 2013
Ohio
Usps' tracking app and tracking through browser is down. Got updates on eBay though for one of two things I ordered.

The tracking app went to shit after they changed it.

I am not very pleased with the USPS app after the GUI redesign. Will not let you delete past tracked orders and will not let you add a nickname to the order being tracked. The developers have put out a couple updates since, but the same issues remain.

Reactions: Mounce

Blckshdw

Nov 20, 2011
Tampa Bay Area, FL
It took some getting used to after the last change for sure.

I must be lucky, I still have a small X to the right of the entry on the USPS Tracking screen that brings up a delete dialog box when I tap it.

Screenshot_2015-11-11-16-42-45.png

Also the Add Name option from the tracking details screen.

Screenshot_2015-11-11-16-42-33.png

dmanns67

Apr 3, 2013
Ohio
It took some getting used to after the last change for sure.

I must be lucky, I still have a small X to the right of the entry on the USPS Tracking screen that brings up a delete dialog box when I tap it.

View attachment 72799

Also the Add Name option from the tracking details screen.

View attachment 72798

Strange. I have the small "X" as well in the upper right hand corner, but when I press it, nothing happens. Do a long press and still nothing. Can you add nicknames to your orders that you are tracking?

Blckshdw

Nov 20, 2011
Tampa Bay Area, FL
Yup, I always do, since I tend to buy stuff in bunches. I tap on the Add Name, and I get a text entry box. It's always been that way since the app redesign. That's weird it doesn't let you do that stuff. What version of Android do you have?

dmanns67

Apr 3, 2013
Ohio
Yup, I always do, since I tend to buy stuff in bunches. I tap on the Add Name, and I get a text entry box. It's always been that way since the app redesign. That's weird it doesn't let you do that stuff. What version of Android do you have?

Android 4.3. I don't even have the "add name" option that you show on your screen. When I press the "X", only thing that happens is the "X" is highlighted like I am trying to copy text. Screen shot below.

Screenshot_2015-11-11-21-04-57.png

Blckshdw

Nov 20, 2011
Tampa Bay Area, FL
When you tap on the blue tracking numbers, do you get a "Details" screen? That's where I get the nickname option.

dmanns67

Apr 3, 2013
Ohio
When you tap on the blue tracking numbers, do you get a "Details" screen? That's where I get the nickname option.

When I tap the tracking #, the number highlights like I am going to copy it, but then the highlight goes away. Does not bring up another screen or any text box.

Blckshdw

Nov 20, 2011
Tampa Bay Area, FL
Only things I can think of are either the updated app doesn't play nice with that version of Android (age), or your OS has some corruption going on which is causing the glitch.

I'm running 4.4.2 FWIW

dmanns67

Apr 3, 2013
Ohio
Only things I can think of are either the updated app doesn't play nice with that version of Android (age), or your OS has some corruption going on which is causing the glitch.

I'm running 4.4.2 FWIW

True. My phone is over 3 years old now and was already outdated 6 months after I bought it. Might be time to upgrade to the Galaxy S6.

SnowBlazer

Original poster
Jun 9, 2014
Colorado Springs
FedEx brought the suck tonight by not delivering my wheel spacers on time. It has an alert saying something like "future delivery requested". I didn't request future delivery. Fuck 'em.

Still think they should back their tracking date with a guarantee to light the fire under the truck driver's rear end.

Capote

Supporting Donor
Jul 14, 2014
Atlanta, GA
Can't guarantee a delivery date man, too many variables that could affect the transport of such package

RTTBLT1

Jan 25, 2016
Louisburg, KS
Hi, everyone. I got one for ya...in the small town we live in, my home and the Elementary School has the same address. We don't get our regular mail or packages, matter a fact the Mail Carrier will drop mail in the Mailbox marked for the USD School District (at a home mind you) and everything for us goes to the School. Been here 10 yrs so far we have talked to everyone we could at the Post Office, City, County Office to no prevail...get the old blame game. We go 4-6 days sometimes without receiving Mail and have to track down our Packages at the School or Post Office. Very frustrating!

Capote

Supporting Donor
Jul 14, 2014
Atlanta, GA
Holy crap that's ridiculous man. Nobody is gives a rats ass to help you guys fix that issue huh? Shame

HARDTRAILZ

Nov 18, 2011
FedEx bringing the suck once again. My buddy and I split 54 lbs of ammo. He works from home and will sign for it, so he is on the watch with tracking. Third day in a row it has said Out for Delivery...Third time it is not on the truck he sees drive past.

SnowBlazer

Original poster
Jun 9, 2014
Colorado Springs
The story about my spacers....

I bought wheel spacers off a guy on ORTB named WhiteLightning (his name doesn't matter much as this isn't his fault). He sends me tracking info and all that jazz and everything's good until the package hits Colorado Springs. When it hits Colorado Springs, I see on the tracking that it wasn't delivered on time (on a clear day, mind you). I think to myself "oh it's just typical FedEx" as they have missed delivery dates before. Tracking doesn't get updated for another 4 hours. Around 11 that night, I see that it will be delivered the next day. I'm thinking sweet, I'll get my spacers in tomorrow. Nope another delivery exemption from my house. I end up calling FedEx that day and having a hold put on it to go pick it up. Spacers come in Monday but the snow was too bad to grab them so I wait until today. I go to pick it up and it appears that it made it without the box being severally banged up, another red flag I miss. I sign for it anyhow and go about my day. It wasn't until we go to put my spacers on that I notice the spacer were double boxed. Look at the box that held the spacers and it looked like it got thrown off a cliff. Maybe it fell out of a truck? FedEx had the nerve to tape it all back together and then double box it. Not only that but I am missing 8 lugs to my spacers. I call customer service and they don't give to fuck$ about what happened really. They want me to either call WhiteLightning and submit a claim which could take 10 business days. They said they could not reimburse the receiver, only the shipper. My look is, it's not WhiteLightning's deal that I don't have my lug nuts. Just cut me a damn $50 check for your employee's ignorance and I'll lay off. Needless to say, I will not ship or receive through FedEx ever again.

HARDTRAILZ

Nov 18, 2011
Anyone notice Amazon Prime 2 day shipping is no longer two days. My order yesterday is scheduled for Monday. I aint no jenius but I kno dat wed to mon is more den two days

djthumper

Administrator
Nov 20, 2011
North Las Vegas
I noticed that on a recent order and then I get one over night.

HARDTRAILZ

Nov 18, 2011
My buddy was reading something about Prime growing a bit too big for its britches and may need some structure changes to keep up. Kinda makes sense really. Just hate to see them get a bad name by missing shipping times before they can rectify.

Matt

Dec 2, 2011
I've had the same thing happen, although, I placed an order for something yesterday, it shipped this morning and is due tomorrow.

Grimor

Mar 28, 2013
uspos.JPG
IMG_20160201_184600490.jpg
Beat up, beat down, re-taped and dumped at my house...
Hubs had been left to just beat against each other, broken plastic clips, gouges, flat spots in the thread on the lugs... First time I ever saw the little Postal Service note.

dmanns67

Apr 3, 2013
Ohio
My buddy was reading something about Prime growing a bit too big for its britches and may need some structure changes to keep up. Kinda makes sense really. Just hate to see them get a bad name by missing shipping times before they can rectify.

I have noticed that more in the last 8-10 months. I have had prime membership for a couple years now and if my item is not shipping from a warehouse in the tri-state area, then it is at least 3 days to deliver. Especially when ordering an item and the site says. " Order items in the next 53 minutes to get in 2 days." Maybe their timelines are too tight. Even when I pay the extra for 1 day delivery, it still takes 2 days :no:

FedEx is transporting a package from Washington to me, and the package arrived at 0400 today in Frederick. Instead of delivering it to my house, they delivered it to the post office to have USPS deliver it tomorrow. Seems like wasted time.

Matt

Dec 2, 2011
FedEx is transporting a package from Washington to me, and the package arrived at 0400 today in Frederick. Instead of delivering it to my house, they delivered it to the post office to have USPS deliver it tomorrow. Seems like wasted time.

It was done Fedex Post Smart. It's for low weight shipping to residential customers.

I've had a few things come that way and it's actually pretty timely delivery.

Reactions: dmanns67

littleblazer

Jul 6, 2014
I actually had to mail out something via usps a few days back and found out something I never knew. Inherently 2 day shipping is 3 days. The collection for my local post office is 2pm everyday. I was there at 10 am. They said one of two scenarios will happen. It will get picked up today and shipped out tomorrow and arrive two days from them (3 total) or it will ship out today and arrive at their carrier in 2 days. But delivery is not that same day either way. What? So I'm there before collection and there's a chance it won't go out until tomorrow. (Let's say today is tuesday) that means it leaves wed. Travels and arrives at the carrier on Thursday and then is delivered to the place on Friday. I don't know but that doesn't really seem like 2 day shipping to me. Then they told me I was paying for two days from carrier to carrier. Like okay. This was only recently. When I sent out my pcms the week of Christmas last year they arrived at pcm of NC in 3 days. I dropped them off Sunday night and they had them Wednesday morning. (Delivered the night before.) And to boot I had them back on the 26th. Granted with that package I sent out it was delivered Thursday night but if I have something at the place a few hours before collection it should be shipped out that day. I understand if it was like 12 but 4 hours is a lot of time to do that. Especially since the transport facility to Trenton is literally walking distance from there. Idk call me a cry baby but I thought it was weird the way they validated their claim.

Mooseman

Dec 4, 2011
Ottawa, ON
I don't have prime and lately, when I order stuff, it arrives before the expected delivery date. So what's my incentive to get prime? From what I'm reading here, it's not worth it anymore and I can't access their movies from here without using a US proxy.

dmanns67

Apr 3, 2013
Ohio
It was done Fedex Post Smart. It's for low weight shipping to residential customers.

I've had a few things come that way and it's actually pretty timely delivery.

Once I looked online, I seen it was shipped smart post. USPS actually had to package delivered the same day that FedEx transferred to USPS. My Parcel Track app did not update to show delivered.

Reactions: Matt

Trkdrvremt

Oct 22, 2014
NJ
Once again... A 20 minute ride takes forever... WTF!?!?!

And being the mail already was delivered today I'm guessing this may take awhile...image.png

Matt

Dec 2, 2011
At least yours went to the post office when it hit your state. Packages for me go to Cleveland, then over to Warrendale, PA then to my post office in Tallmadge, OH.

Reactions: Trkdrvremt

Matt

Dec 2, 2011
Fucking Fedex. Cocksuckers sitting on a package for two days because it's "not due for delivery". How about you deliver the fucking thing for fucks sake!!! :explode:

dmanns67

Apr 3, 2013
Ohio
Never seen this before. Had a package shipped via UPS originate from a town 48 miles SW of me. I got an update for an arrival scan in my town then got an update for a departure scan and assumed it was going out for delivery.

Nope, the package left my town was taken 160 miles North to PA. Then the package left PA en-route back to my town in MD :no:

dmanns67

Apr 3, 2013
Ohio
Anyone ever have a package being delivered by USPS have a status of "Tendered to Military Agent"? Even when I lived on base or would get packages overseas, I have never seen that status before.

dmanns67

Apr 3, 2013
Ohio
Anyone ever have a package being delivered by USPS have a status of "Tendered to Military Agent"?

I guess it did not matter. Maybe a fat finger by USPS because the package I was waiting on was delivered the next day. Never confirmed delivered via tracking or my Amazon account which still says "out for delivery". :undecided:

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chirobo1

Members Online