Official FedEX UPS USPS Vent Thread!!

Mooseman

Dec 4, 2011
Ottawa, ON
It will be well travelled! Maybe you'll get a postcard from it :crackup:

Reactions: xavierny25

HARDTRAILZ

Nov 18, 2011
UPS shows up yesterday to drop off a fan clutch I am putting in an Envoy for a guy and the wife tries to hand him the return I have for Amazon. He looks at the fact that it came USPS and says he can not take it. Funny since she had the paperwork showing he was supposed to. He leaves and she calls thinking something is wrong. While on the phone he has to come back and apologize and pick it up. Sad he did not even bother to look at the paperwork and rudely refused the first stop.

Reactions: Blckshdw

Paul Bell

Aug 16, 2014
I ordered a starter from Rock Auto. It was in Garden City Park, N.Y. which is a six minute drive (not by highway) from my home. I can literally ride my bicycle there. FedEx picked it up and routed it through Newark, N.J. Newark is in another state, more than an hour's drive each way on highways, through three expensive tolls.

FedEx is THE WORST. How do they manage to stay in business?

SnowBlazer

Original poster
Jun 9, 2014
Colorado Springs
Sad he did not even bother to look at the paperwork and rudely refused the first stop.
Neighbor works for FedEx and they are evaluated on time. Best time=happy supervisor=better routes. I would be willing to bet that guy got scalded by his supervisor(s). They aren't supposed to waste any time, let alone going out of their designated one way route if it's not necessary.

Reactions: Redbeard

Mooseman

Dec 4, 2011
Ottawa, ON
And aren't they suppose to follow a route that avoids left turns as much as possible? Saw this on Myth Busters. Apparently it does work.

littleblazer

Jul 6, 2014
Amazon usually routes packages through usps which is all fine and all. Lately usps has been delivering around 6 pm. Well two things happened. Usps delivered at 11 and my package was really routed through ups. Which doesn't deliver until 8. Great.

Mooseman

Dec 4, 2011
Ottawa, ON
When DHL/Loomis attempted to deliver my Android HU from China, both attempts failed because I was sleeping after my last night shift on the first attempt and my idiot son didn't wake up on the second. Fair enough. But the card they left was confusing with a bunch of boxes ticked and there was no address for me to go pick it up at. I had to call to check if there would be a third attempt (no) and where to get it. I get there around 9:30, they don't open until until 10:30. WTF kind of hours are those? Then took them forever to find it in their big empty warehouse. :mad:

On another note unrelated to the shipping company, because of the failed attempts, the seller, in CHINA, received a delivery exception notice from DHL and this prompted him to send me a barrage of texts on my cell phone at 4AM reminding me that I have to pay the duties and taxes. Too bad it didn't have his real number because I would have woken him up at 4AM with my response. :hissyfit:

coolasice

Oct 27, 2013
Northern Maine
I ordered a starter from Rock Auto. It was in Garden City Park, N.Y. which is a six minute drive (not by highway) from my home. I can literally ride my bicycle there. FedEx picked it up and routed it through Newark, N.J. Newark is in another state, more than an hour's drive each way on highways, through three expensive tolls.

FedEx is THE WORST. How do they manage to stay in business?

Most packages go to the sorting hub regardless of how close they are to their destination before being sent out for delivery... newark has fedex's large sorting hub in new england.

northcreek

Jan 15, 2012
WNY
Today the USPS delivered my air filter element from RA. Nice of him to leave it at he garage vehicle door right on the tire path.
My wife backed in (because she had groceries) and despite 3 mirrors, rear camera and bumper sensors, drove right over it.
I guess I'm lucky, it could have been the dog:cry:.
Was able to still use it after de-ovaling it but, "Neuman" could have put it on the house entry steps in the garage (5 steps further)...jeez :badday: Mike.

Last edited:

HARDTRAILZ

Nov 18, 2011
F fedex. Always hated them but I bought some SS parts and seller used them. They showed scheduled for delivery yesterday. Get home...no box. Check today and now delivery is Monday. WTF

Blckshdw

Nov 20, 2011
Tampa Bay Area, FL
F fedex. Always hated them but I bought some SS parts and seller used them. They showed scheduled for delivery yesterday. Get home...no box. Check today and now delivery is Monday. WTF

:mad: That's kick in the nuts. Any severe weather or train derailments near you?

HARDTRAILZ

Nov 18, 2011
Nope. Not even enough snow that I could not drive the Trans Am

DAlastDON

Apr 6, 2014
Kentucky
Package i ordered was suposed to be delivered by ups at 6pm. Fucker showed up at 10am.

northcreek

Jan 15, 2012
WNY
Has anyone been the victim of "Shart Post" ...? It combines the ineptitude of FedEX with the malfeasance of the USPS for the ultimate experience in casual shipping.....:hopeless:

Last edited:

Blckshdw

Nov 20, 2011
Tampa Bay Area, FL
Has anyone been the victim of "Smart Post" ...? It combines the ineptitude of FedEX with the malfeasance of the USPS for the ultimate experience of casual shipping.....:hopeless:

:ugh: I hate it when I end up with those after selecting free shipping. I recently opted in for Amazon prime to get away from that very thing. (hopefully)

Matt

Dec 2, 2011
Yep, and your title for it is very apt.

Tiggerr

Jun 6, 2013
Perrysburg, OH
:ugh: I hate it when I end up with those after selecting free shipping. I recently opted in for Amazon prime to get away from that very thing. (hopefully)

Won't help... usps and fed ex are tied at the hip anymore...
Usps delivers almost all small fed ex packages...
Usps brings most of the stuff I order on Amazon...I have Prime too

Blckshdw

Nov 20, 2011
Tampa Bay Area, FL
Won't help... usps and fed ex are tied at the hip anymore...
Usps delivers almost all small fed ex packages...
Usps brings most of the stuff I order on Amazon...I have Prime too

Things have usually been OK for me when it's one or the other, I have the issues when the package gets passed between the 2, and usually tends to take an extra day longer than it should. Always also seems to happen when whatever I ordered is urgent. :mad:

Tiggerr

Jun 6, 2013
Perrysburg, OH
Where I live I don't seem to have any problem...

At least usps/fed ex will ring he bell when tossing it on porch...

UPS just tosses it and rolls out..lazy bastards

Reactions: Eric04

Blckshdw

Nov 20, 2011
Tampa Bay Area, FL
lol, I have the exact opposite problem. UPS rings the bell, and takes off. Dude is always long gone before I get to the door. USPS and Fedex practice their ninja skills.

Reactions: Tiggerr

Capote

Supporting Donor
Jul 14, 2014
Atlanta, GA
UPS is the worst, lazy f***s.

Reactions: Tiggerr

Mooseman

Dec 4, 2011
Ottawa, ON
A lot of my stuff from Amazon arrives by Canada Post and they just leave it in the parcel box and put the key in my mail slot (we have communal mail boxes). Most of the time for the others, it's Purolator and they just leave it on my porch, which is OK with me. But when they need a signature, I have to wait for the two attempts before I can go and pick it up at their warehouse 20 minutes away.

northcreek

Jan 15, 2012
WNY
Update on my shipping by "Shart Post" , so far five plus working days to travel from two states away and tracking is theoretical at best.
This may set a new world record for "slug Post" .....hold your breath...

northcreek

Jan 15, 2012
WNY
I'm not taking any more free shipping if it's "Shart Post" (I'll pay expedited) this has to be the worst marriage of two companies since GM and Saab.
So slow...they would have to speed-up to stop.

DAlastDON

Apr 6, 2014
Kentucky
FedEx showed up with my purple mattress today. They rolled it off the truck and left it in the drive way when no one was looking. No pulling in until the 150# purple tampon was moved. They could have atleast kicked it a few more times and got it closer to the house. Was a mother fucker to get inside.

jsheahawk

Jan 16, 2013
Kansas City
FedEx showed up with my purple mattress today. They rolled it off the truck and left it in the drive way when no one was looking. No pulling in until the 150# purple tampon was moved. They could have atleast kicked it a few more times and got it closer to the house. Was a mother fucker to get inside.
Ha!

I'd like to know what you think of Purple once you've slept on it a while. I'm intrigued by it.

littleblazer

Jul 6, 2014
Yea they didn't even try... a lot of the packages I've gotten lately look like they were curb stomped upon delivery.
20170814_161927.jpg 20170814_161931.jpg

DAlastDON

Apr 6, 2014
Kentucky
Ha!

I'd like to know what you think of Purple once you've slept on it a while. I'm intrigued by it.

I'm probably going to have an adjustment period. My back is all messed up with pressure points. I'm coming from a worn out eruotop mattress with foam coils that felt like I was laying in a xxl chalupa shell after ten years of use.

I laid on it earlier and it felt soft but firm. I could feel different parts of my body sink into the memory foam layer deeper but the pressure felt exactly the same. Not like any other mattress I have laid on before. I hope I didn't buy into some purple kool-aid though.

Mooseman

Dec 4, 2011
Ottawa, ON
I'll just leave this right here:

Capote

Supporting Donor
Jul 14, 2014
Atlanta, GA
I'll just leave this right here:

I don't understand these a**holes who throw packages.... That throwing of the monitor was absolutely unnecessary. Hope that video got him fired.

Matt

Dec 2, 2011
@Grimor posted on one of the FB pages video of Fedex "delivering" a transmission for him...I think an insurance claim will ensue. Apparently he paid $75 extra to have a second person on the truck to help the driver and there were two people on the truck alright, but one just stood there and watched while the other dragged it off the back and dropped it, flipped it over and basically beat the hell out of it.

Reactions: Blckshdw and Capote

Blckshdw

Nov 20, 2011
Tampa Bay Area, FL
OK, so not the usual suspects this time... As many know, I ordered a riding mower recently, Home Depot shipped it out last week, with an estimated initial delivery of 2/28 from the confirmation email they sent me. I tried to time my order to be delivered today, since I knew I'd be working from home...

Screenshot (1).png

The tracking page from the link, indicated the freight had traveled down from OH, and arrived in Orlando on 2/23, so I anticipated it would be delivered early.

Screenshot (2).png

I contacted the listed freight company who has a hub in Orlando, Fastmile, by email on Monday and asked if they could hold it, to be delivered on the 1st. They wrote back that they didn't have it in their warehouse, but if they received it before then, they would accommodate my request. I gave them the tracking link, but they said these weren't locations they have hubs, and to contact HD to find out where my product is. GREAT!! So I log back into the HD website and check the order again. Their website says estimated delivery on 3/2, and lists Estes as the freight company. wtf.gif

So I go to THEIR website, pop in the tracking number, and sure enough, it's on there with a 3/2 date.

Screenshot (3).png

I contact them asking if they can at least give me at least a delivery window when they might show up, so I can run home and secure things so it's not sitting in my driveway for who knows how long, unattended. They tell me that they are delivering it to another company, presumably Fastmile, to make the final delivery. Damnit man, does it have to be this hard? Was hoping to get to play with my new toy this weekend, but now it looks like I won't have it until Monday. But the real question is, WTH are they doing with my purchase sitting idle in their warehouse for a whole week? :hopeless:

Reactions: Matt and Redbeard

Grimor

Mar 28, 2013
@Grimor posted on one of the FB pages video of Fedex "delivering" a transmission for him...I think an insurance claim will ensue. Apparently he paid $75 extra to have a second person on the truck to help the driver and there were two people on the truck alright, but one just stood there and watched while the other dragged it off the back and dropped it, flipped it over and basically beat the hell out of it.

Blckshdw

Nov 20, 2011
Tampa Bay Area, FL
:eek: Now I'm especially paranoid what my cameras will catch when I get my freight delivery this week. :pictures:

Mooseman

Dec 4, 2011
Ottawa, ON
Hey, at least he tried to cover it to protect it from the rain. :hopeless:

Capote

Supporting Donor
Jul 14, 2014
Atlanta, GA

northcreek

Jan 15, 2012
WNY
USPS woes, I am waiting for a special adhesive so I can re-install the window in my son's Honda while he is on vacation, so naturally the PO (pos) has a problem, not from California to NY but, from Rochester NY to my house (one hour away).

So this is the message I've been getting for 4 days :
The package is delayed and will not be delivered by the expected delivery date. An updated delivery date will be provided when available. The item is currently in transit to the next facility as of March 5, 2018.

Now I can relate to "going Postal":explode:

Last edited:

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chirobo1

Members Online