What did you do to your GMT today?

Status
Not open for further replies.

TangoBravo

Dec 5, 2011
Short Bus said:
Nice :thumbsup: What size did you go with? 265/70/17?

265/75/16

McGMT

Jun 17, 2012
Got the pipe welded on where the resonator was. Now I just gotta finally figure out what tip to put on it and it will be done...

TangoBravo

Dec 5, 2011
After seeing a thread on here about removing the resonator I went out and cut mine off finally. Now I just need to replace my cat or remove the internals of it, haven't decided but leaning more tword replacement.

McGMT

Jun 17, 2012
TangoBravo said:
After seeing a thread on here about removing the resonator I went out and cut mine off finally. Now I just need to replace my cat or remove the internals of it, haven't decided but leaning more tword replacement.

Yea, unless your light is already a fixture or you wanna add some more color to your instrument cluster you'll need to replace the cat with a high flow instead of punching it out...

TangoBravo

Dec 5, 2011
Yeah I just remembered that I do have a sensor after the cat so I would have to replace it. And that's really what I was leaning to anyhow.

mubai

Jan 5, 2012
TangoBravo said:
Yeah I just remembered that I do have a sensor after the cat so I would have to replace it. And that's really what I was leaning to anyhow.

And a cat is good for the environment!

HARDTRAILZ said:
Messed w my rims n tires...painted an extra grill.

No pics, it didn't happen.:biggrin:

SAR85

Jan 31, 2012
Put in a new upstream O2 sensor today. Got a P0172 (rich) code the other day, which may have a been false (as the early models are known to do without the PCM update) but figured at 116k it wouldn't hurt to replace it.

TangoBravo

Dec 5, 2011
mubai said:
And a cat is good for the environment!

Yes can't forget to save the enviroment...

Moots12

Sep 7, 2012
Cleaned throttle body
before
f9abb096.jpg

After
edc1c85a.jpg

ramrod919

Sep 4, 2012
Taking a little break from some detailing work. Carpet cleaning, especially in the cargo area. Also, put one of the third row seats back in working order, the rods that release the seat backs were no longer attached. Found that one of the slotted ends of the rods is missing. Really, I am merely putting off mowing the yard.

HARDTRAILZ

Nov 18, 2011
mubai said:
No pics, it didn't happen.:biggrin:

Couple of the tires missing floating around the site. The rest will be taken tonight or tomorrow depending on what i accomplish tonight.

ramrod919 said:
Really, I am merely putting off mowing the yard.

I know how that works...

ramrod919

Sep 4, 2012
HARDTRAILZ said:
I know how that works...

Any day working on a car is almost always better than mowing the yard! I honestly have not had to now in about 2 months. But, thanks to rains from Isaac, my weeds needed trimming. Now, I can sit in the garage and plan my repairs and mods.....

SAR85

Jan 31, 2012
Replaced front sway bar end links and sway bar bushings and rear sway bar bushings. Re-greased rear sway bar end links. And...finally broke loose the front and rear differential fill plugs. I've been working at those for a while in order to check the level and for future drains/fills. I put some teflon tape on the threads of the plugs before reinstalling to make future removal easier.

I'm hoping the end links and bushings in the front cure a slight vibration noticeable at lower speeds when going over bumps/rough road.

bore_pig

Nov 25, 2011
Took off the 31's I've been running for about 2 weeks so I can get the rims ready for my new 35's. There was a definite benefit to running the 31's instead of my old 33's- Burnout's on demand!

Attachments

• 010.jpg
    010.jpg
    95.9 KB · Views: 16

ramrod919

Sep 4, 2012
So, after I finished mowing, I figured I would try to track down the small leak that has recently developed. Long story short, found that the power steering reservoir was leaking. As I was checking the connection on the return line, the plastic piece that the hose connects to, snapped off in my hand!! :eek: So, I shoved a rag in the hole and ran for a funnel. I was able to funnel most of the contents into a bottle. But, now I am left with the TB sitting for a couple of days until I can get it fixed.

Wishbone

Dec 5, 2011
Threw a P0128 code the other day, so I'm watching videos and reading threads about people's adventures replacing the thermostat...

Fire06

Dec 18, 2011
Wishbone said:
Threw a P0128 code the other day, so I'm watching videos and reading threads about people's adventures replacing the thermostat...

It is not bad to do Wishbone just a pain in the ASS to get at some of the bolts ..Good luck!!

McGMT

Jun 17, 2012
Got the exaust tip on today and sprayed the rest of it behind the axle black. Much better... But, now, feeling ill, going to lay down... See youns tomorrow....

ConeKilrAutoX

Dec 8, 2011
washer fluid reservoir relocation successful.
after this pic I zip tied the pump upright so its very stable and put the other support screws in.
It works great! its only a little louder when in use, but thats why they invented stereos with volume control :thumbsup:
View attachment 22764

Attachments

• 2012-09-11_18-30-22_489.jpg
    2012-09-11_18-30-22_489.jpg
    39.6 KB · Views: 16

HARDTRAILZ

Nov 18, 2011
bore_pig said:
Took off the 31's I've been running for about 2 weeks so I can get the rims ready for my new 35's. There was a definite benefit to running the 31's instead of my old 33's- Burnout's on demand!

That how mine sat last night but its back on 35s tonight.

I got the tires back on and did some touch up paint.

TangoBravo

Dec 5, 2011
Got mt Guard Dogs mounted and balanced. Just waiting for some off time to go try them out.

Short Bus

Dec 2, 2011
TangoBravo said:
Got mt Guard Dogs mounted and balanced. Just waiting for some off time to go try them out.

Pic or it didn't happen :raspberry:

Denali n DOO

May 22, 2012
bore_pig said:

Wow must be nice, I got the 5.3 and smaller tires than stock and no way can I do a burnout! Guess I gotta get the tune before I can do that.

bore_pig

Nov 25, 2011
I do still have an open rear diff that helps, but I could not do a burnout or brakestand on stock tires unless the road was wet until my tune. The tune from pcm4less has been great.

Denali n DOO

May 22, 2012
bore_pig said:
I do still have an open rear diff that helps, but I could not do a burnout or brakestand on stock tires unless the road was wet until my tune. The tune from pcm4less has been great.

Ya, pcmofnc tune for me too after the new engine warranty is up in Feb 2013, unless I get another new motor with warranty by then, I still using lots of oil in 5000km and oil mixing with coolant that I still have to prove to the dealer. Those asses told me I put oil in the coolant reservoir.

Fire06

Dec 18, 2011
You mean to say Denali that you do not put the oil in your antifreeze and that the gasket in the truck could be broken down when you have warranty left ?? This is unheard of .. A gasket failing under warranty !! You would think that the service people at the dealer, would have the tools/knowledge to maybe do a pressure test of the system or something?? Just to blame you is what ticks people off about General Motors to start. Stand behind your product guys because gaskets fail and parts break , thats the way of the world. Might be time for a different dealer if this guy is to remain an ass if you only have a few months of warranty left. Good luck :thumbsup:

Denali n DOO

May 22, 2012
Fire06 said:
You mean to say Denali that you do not put the oil in your antifreeze and that the gasket in the truck could be broken down when you have warranty left ?? This is unheard of .. A gasket failing under warranty !! You would think that the service people at the dealer, would have the tools/knowledge to maybe do a pressure test of the system or something?? Just to blame you is what ticks people off about General Motors to start. Stand behind your product guys because gaskets fail and parts break , thats the way of the world. Might be time for a different dealer if this guy is to remain an ass if you only have a few months of warranty left. Good luck :thumbsup:

Yep stay tuned, I'll be updating my oil in coolant thread later today after a visit to the dealer. I see oil on the reservoir walls above the coolant and oil level is at the bottom of crosshatched area. This would be the 3rd time since they put the new motor in. I may escalate the situation today with a GM regional rep.

Fire06

Dec 18, 2011
Denali n DOO said:
Yep stay tuned, I'll be updating my oil in coolant thread later today after a visit to the dealer. I see oil on the reservoir walls above the coolant and oil level is at the bottom of crosshatched area. This would be the 3rd time since they put the new motor in. I may escalate the situation today with a GM regional rep.

Just remember that the squeaky wheel gets the grease. Good luck ! Just makes no sense if they have a problem why not stand behind the customer get it fixed from them then "the customer" will come back and support the dealer. You would think sometimes that the money is coming out of their own pocket. With the way so many dealers treat customers with problem it is a wonder that these type of dealers are still in business.

TangoBravo

Dec 5, 2011

Sparky

Dec 4, 2011
Denali n DOO said:
Ya, pcmofnc tune for me too after the new engine warranty is up in Feb 2013, unless I get another new motor with warranty by then, I still using lots of oil in 5000km and oil mixing with coolant that I still have to prove to the dealer. Those asses told me I put oil in the coolant reservoir.

Sure sounds like they can't seem to put the thing together right...

rmsg0040

Dec 10, 2011
Installed a used heater control after I broke the slides trying to replace the light bulbs on my original one.

Canary2323

Mar 31, 2012
Put in my replacement master windows switch and went with a more subtle Grey stripe (was red) .

Attachments

• IMG_20120913_150440.jpg
    IMG_20120913_150440.jpg
    100.2 KB · Views: 23

McGMT

Jun 17, 2012

Attachments

• New exaust.jpg
    New exaust.jpg
    68.8 KB · Views: 19

MAY03LT

Original poster
Nov 18, 2011
Delmarva
I added .0005L of brake fluid which was just enough to keep the stupid brake light from coming on.

HARDTRAILZ

Nov 18, 2011
Loaded it and cleaned it up for the 4x4 jamboree this weekend.

McGMT

Jun 17, 2012
MAY03LT said:
I added .0005L of brake fluid which was just enough to keep the stupid brake light from coming on.

Calibrated eye dropper eh? :thumbsup:

HARDTRAILZ

Nov 18, 2011
Drove it to work, which means I cant park in the garage cause it dont fit....

3-1.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Firebaugh86

Members Online