What did you do to your GMT today?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Matt

Dec 2, 2011
HARDTRAILZ said:
Drove it to work, which means I cant park in the garage cause it dont fit....

The sacrifices one must make! :raspberry::rotfl:

ItsOnVoy

Nov 21, 2011
Well got new tires today!

Voymom

Feb 3, 2012
Oil change with my purple tools and a queen sized memory foam mattress topper to safe guard my back and boobage! :thumbsup:

View attachment 22826

ETA- A bath later too....he needs it AGAIN! Besides my kids and my dogs, I think Phantom is the dirtiest kid around. I'm going to start calling him dirty boy lol

Attachments

• IMG_20120915_151453.jpg
    IMG_20120915_151453.jpg
    78.8 KB · Views: 21

Moots12

Sep 7, 2012
Bed lined rocker panels and bumper

bf313a05.jpg

2e8f466d.jpg

gmcman

Dec 12, 2011
Changed separator plate, 1-2, 2-3 accumulator pistons, added vette servo, both shift solenoid, never shifted better except maybe when new but was still soft., major props to the vette servo...highly recommended.

mapanch

Dec 2, 2011
Got her some new shoes. Had 19,500 miles on my tires (70,000 mile tires) and they were dry rotted and sidewalls were cracking. Got them replaced free.

Lima Tango

Dec 4, 2011
Easy job installing Bilstein HD rear shocks to replace the 90k mile stock "caulking gun filled with marshmallow fluff" (credit: roadie) shocks. Nice improvement but I am jonesing to install the front shocks - my base auto shop quoted $170 labor to install the shocks and mounts... F THAT so I guess I am going to have to figure out where to get a spring compressor and whatever other specialty suspension tools i need...

Replaced the transfer case fluid as well. Couldn't have been easier to get the fill/drain plugs out. My always garaged, temperate climate, always on pavement, zero rust TB is such a dream to work on, I have not had any problems with the usual horrible to get out fasteners I have heard horror stories about.

Coolest thing though was my 3 year old son genuinely assisted - I broke the lugnuts but he took the driver and removed all the lugnuts by himself, and handed me tools and such while working. He even pulled out the lower bolt of the shocks and removed the stock units himself. So cool to see my little guy growing up and learning how to do things like I remember my dad teaching me :smile::wootwoot:

Wishbone

Dec 5, 2011
Voymom said:
... Snip... queen sized memory foam mattress topper to safe guard my back and boobage! :thumbsup:

Ha! Thanks for the LOL... (O) (O)

Anyway, I replaced the thermostat. That alternator removal is sure a PITA...

ItsOnVoy

Nov 21, 2011
Voymom said:
Oil change with my purple tools and a queen sized memory foam mattress topper to safe guard my back and boobage! :thumbsup:
l

Did you wear gloves also to protect your nails...God forbid one breaks :raspberry::rotfl:

HARDTRAILZ

Nov 18, 2011
Took it to the 4x4 Jamboree

jambo.jpg

Porkins

Dec 5, 2011
Lima Tango said:
Easy job installing Bilstein HD rear shocks to replace the 90k mile stock "caulking gun filled with marshmallow fluff" (credit: roadie) shocks. Nice improvement but I am jonesing to install the front shocks - my base auto shop quoted $170 labor to install the shocks and mounts... F THAT so I guess I am going to have to figure out where to get a spring compressor and whatever other specialty suspension tools i need...

Replaced the transfer case fluid as well. Couldn't have been easier to get the fill/drain plugs out. My always garaged, temperate climate, always on pavement, zero rust TB is such a dream to work on, I have not had any problems with the usual horrible to get out fasteners I have heard horror stories about.

Coolest thing though was my 3 year old son genuinely assisted - I broke the lugnuts but he took the driver and removed all the lugnuts by himself, and handed me tools and such while working. He even pulled out the lower bolt of the shocks and removed the stock units himself. So cool to see my little guy growing up and learning how to do things like I remember my dad teaching me :smile::wootwoot:

DiscountAuto has a rental tool program, check and see if they have the tools.

McGMT

Jun 17, 2012
Lima Tango said:
GMC Envoy: strong enough for a man, but made for a woman. :raspberry:

You know those "truck nuts".... I wonder if anyone makes "minivan stones"... Can't think of a better name for them...

Updated for post from Voymom after this one....

Oh my..... :redface:

Voymom

Feb 3, 2012
Sam- I didn't break any nails lol and no gloves as I don't have my nails done right now.

Fire06(I think it was)As far as boobage goes...You try having knockers and laying on a concrete ground, it does not feel good AT ALL lol. I'd rather have rug burn than road rash :biggrin:

To stay on topic here- I haven't done anything to the truck today as it is with Mat at work. When he gets home, I may give it a wash down since I didn't get to yesterday.

ItsOnVoy

Nov 21, 2011
Lima Tango said:
GMC Envoy: strong enough for a man, but made for a woman. :raspberry:

128832866084308487.jpg

I could swear I see more girls driving a TB :raspberry:

andrew4321

Jan 28, 2012
Decided to take an hour out of my day to clean the throttle body.
before & after:

Attachments

• IMG_1319.jpg
    IMG_1319.jpg
    95.2 KB · Views: 9
  • IMG_1323.jpg
    IMG_1323.jpg
    76 KB · Views: 9

Sparky

Dec 4, 2011
I haven't done anything to it recently but I have the itch to buy something for one (or both lol) of the vehicles. By something I don't mean a necessity but a mod (or necessity-turned-into-a-mod). Not a good thing, because I also have a desire to just save a crapload of cash if I can to then either use to pay off my student loans or use as a down payment on a house. That, and I have a couple unfinished projects yet as it is :crazy:

At any rate, if all goes well I plan on finally getting that AC pulley bearing replaced next week. I might try for this week but we'll see how that goes as I'll be needing the Trailblazer this coming weekend but next weekend I won't. Oh wait, I need it next Wednesday :undecided: Screw it, tomorrow evening I'll start taking it apart if weather permits. The whine has gotten to be the most annoying thing every time I drive it now :hissyfit:

Blckshdw

Nov 20, 2011
Tampa Bay Area, FL
Sparky said:
I haven't done anything to it recently but I have the itch to buy something for one (or both lol) of the vehicles. By something I don't mean a necessity but a mod (or necessity-turned-into-a-mod). Not a good thing, because I also have a desire to just save a crapload of cash if I can to then either use to pay off my student loans or use as a down payment on a house. That, and I have a couple unfinished projects yet as it is :crazy:

:squint: Funny, that boat you're in, looks JUST like mine!! :raspberry:

McGMT

Jun 17, 2012
Called up my local "real mechanic" ol` Boone... Gonna have him smoke my EVAP system so I can see why I still have that damn P0442... Tired of clearing the code.

One of those cases of, I have to go to a mechanic because I don't have a smoke tester.... But, $30 bucks ain't bad at all.

fr34kout

Jan 6, 2012
Put in new DJM rear swaybar, endlinks, and bushings. Also pulled the front swaybar to paint it red to match, along with new endlinks and bushings. Was not expecting this lol

20120917_195245.jpg

20120917_195301.jpg

SBUBandit

Dec 5, 2011
ConeKilrAutoX said:
Spent $590 in repairs :quiverlips::sadcry::sadcry::sadcry::sadcry:
4 wheel hubs, axel seals, diff fluid, transgo kit, new brake pads, inspection, coolant thermostat. Wish i had a lift to do it myself.

Bet that doesn't help the turbo budget or timeline at all

HARDTRAILZ

Nov 18, 2011
ConeKilrAutoX said:
4 wheel hubs

Two up front and two spares??? The rear isnt hubs is it?

TangoBravo

Dec 5, 2011
e5udy2ar.jpg

I picked this bad boy up today. Altho I guess not just for the TB but that is the main reason.

McGMT

Jun 17, 2012
TangoBravo said:
e5udy2ar.jpg

I picked this bad boy up today. Altho I guess not just for the TB but that is the main reason.

Blue Point, shelled out some loot for that one huh? :wink: :thumbsup:

Bought that off the guy with a van... The Snap-on shark.. haha

TangoBravo

Dec 5, 2011
Yeah I guess, really didn't seem all that pricy to me atleast not for all the options it has and the capabilities. I wanted one that does ABS and OBDl because I have a 91 ranger that I need to use it on and in my area there are alot of OBDl vehicles so side money will be easy. LoL

Sparky

Dec 4, 2011
Today didn't go as planned.

What I DID do is drive it through a ton of rain and got it really, really dirty. Rain was expected, being caught behind a muddy dump truck was not! :no:

What I did NOT do was start work on removing the AC pulley. I got off work a little later, plus had to make a stop at the store (empty fridge syndrome), and by the time I got home it was already nearly dark! Dang it!

I have (so far) resisted the urge to buy anything. I was looking at my student loan stuff and remembered that it is broken down into two chunks. Between those two chunks I've been paying $30+ in additional interest per month. Well screw that!! Tired of throwing money away. I'm shoveling money towards those things and planning on getting one chunk paid off before Thanksgiving. The second chunk by New Year's would be unlikely, but awesome, so I'm going to at least try for it.

HARDTRAILZ

Nov 18, 2011
ConeKilrAutoX said:
Both fronts and both complete assemblies in the back on each side. Bearings shot in both rear

What assemblies? Did they pull shafts on axle?

HARDTRAILZ

Nov 18, 2011
Stock rear is 2 quarts. My 14 bolt doesnt even need 4. Did they do wheel bearing only or pinion and all?

ConeKilrAutoX

Dec 8, 2011
HARDTRAILZ said:
Stock rear is 2 quarts. My 14 bolt doesnt even need 4. Did they do wheel bearing only or pinion and all?

great....well I officially must be getting ripped off.... and pinion and all and new spider gearing because a lot of teeth were chewed up. But I decided Ill do the transgo kit, coolant thermostat and the brakes myself to save some money (I had thought about getting the G80 but I wasnt sure considering type of driving I do)

HARDTRAILZ

Nov 18, 2011
ConeKilrAutoX said:
great....well I officially must be getting ripped off.... and pinion and all and new spider gearing because a lot of teeth were chewed up. But I decided Ill do the transgo kit, coolant thermostat and the brakes myself to save some money (I had thought about getting the G80 but I wasnt sure considering type of driving I do)

You got screwed...symthetic diff fluid is $11 a qt.

You are building a turbo and keeping one wheel peel...seems dumb. Why would you not want both rear tires to hook up ?

What kind of driving do you do that powering one wheel is better?

ConeKilrAutoX

Dec 8, 2011
HARDTRAILZ said:
You got screwed...symthetic diff fluid is $11 a qt.

You are building a turbo and keeping one wheel peel...seems dumb. Why would you not want both rear tires to hook up ?

What kind of driving do you do that powering one wheel is better?

well not so much that it is better but I feel that it wold destroy the g80 turning sharply on pavement especially autoX. I know they chirp tires turning some what normally (at least in the TB I was in earlier this summer) Id rather spin one wheel than not be able to go anywhere if something serious happened at the diff.

what do you think I should do?

Sparky

Dec 4, 2011
Makes me almost think a limited slip unit would be better than a locker.

Do you still have the stock 8.0" rear end or did you upgrade to the 8.6"? There are all sorts of options available for the 8.6" but nothing at all for the 8.0" aside from the stock locker.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Rrachal

Members Online