What did you do to your GMT today?

Status
Not open for further replies.

jrSS

Dec 4, 2011
Heat gun just basically melts the plastic. GM should of just painted the damn things.

jason43080

Jun 20, 2012
Birmingham
I FINALLY got around to doing the door sill mod today, took most of the day as I didn't have any tools besides pliers and I did it by myself. IMO, it's one of those mods you shouldn't have to do in the first place...

Sparky

Dec 4, 2011
Got one step closer to repairing my whiny AC pulley bearing - I borrowed the fan clutch tools today :biggrin: Maybe I'll finally get this done before Christmas :rotfl:

Still undecided whether to install the efans at the same time or not.

Regulator

Nov 20, 2011
I lost my drive shaft at 60 mph going down the highway!

Back story: a couple months ago I broke my rear drive shaft while off roading and had to replace it. I doing so I went with a used shaft and new U joint. Not knowing how to remove the old U joint at the time, I had a buddy do it. He over heated it and managed to warp the aluminum ear where the U joint mounts into the shaft. It was a very tight fit, and the U joint wouldn't move freely. I decided to go with it since it was just a temporary solution until I upgrade the shaft and rear axle this winter. I have been noticing a bit more vibration lately but thought it would last, guess not. Tomorrow means new shaft, new U joint, and new transfer case fluid.

Side question: is the front drive shaft always spinning? I ask because I noticed that when in drive my front shaft is turning. Is this normal?

SBUBandit

Dec 5, 2011
TexazReece said:
Had some time to clean Mayo after work

Love the SS grille with the LT bumper. Very clean truck. If you could ever find them, the Denali running boards would look awesome on yours

TexazReece

Dec 4, 2011
SBUBandit said:
Love the SS grille with the LT bumper. Very clean truck. If you could ever find them, the Denali running boards would look awesome on yours

Thanks, I didn't think the running boards for the denali would fit on the TB

fr34kout

Jan 6, 2012
There's no reason they shouldn't, the doors are the same and the only difference in the fenders is the flare pretty much. You're going to need the Denali rocker panels too though. It would be a little pricey but I think it would look great on your truck if you were to go that route.

SBUBandit

Dec 5, 2011
TexazReece said:
Thanks, I didn't think the running boards for the denali would fit on the TB

Oh but they do. Here's DucatiSS's truck from Trailvoy. He may be over here too, but I was able to find this one quicker

DSCN0342.JPG

fr34kout

Jan 6, 2012
Those don't look like Denali running boards. After looking at the picture, then at my truck, the fender flares follow the door all the way down. That matches up too well for those to be off an Envoy, from what I'm seeing on my truck at least. They look great on that truck though.

Denali n DOO

May 22, 2012
SBUBandit said:
Oh but they do. Here's DucatiSS's truck from Trailvoy. He may be over here too, but I was able to find this one quicker

DSCN0342.JPG

Those running boards look good on the SS, but are they from a Denali? They are different to my Denali boards on my 06.

andrew4321

Jan 28, 2012
Stopped by Costco on the way home from school and replaced my battery (went with the Costco battery because it has an amazing warranty). The old battery wasn't in too bad a shape, however the heat in New Mexico generally tears a battery to shreds. :hissyfit:

Blckshdw

Nov 20, 2011
Tampa Bay Area, FL
Pretty sure those white running boards are aftermarket, but they do look pretty damn good. :yes:

As for me, I ran my fuel pretty low. Low fuel light came on the other day, but I was either late leaving for work, or it was raining on the way home so I didn't feel like stopping. I coulda made it home today, but decided not to press my luck. :ugh:

IMAG0110.jpg

IMAG0111.jpg

Found out the gas station by my job has an $85 limit on the pump. Maybe that's to prevent motorist suicide from seeing a crazy fill up charge? :weird: Only problem is, my tank wasn't full yet!!! :hissyfit: (only short by a gallon and a half according to my Scangauge)

IMAG0112.jpg

Sparky

Dec 4, 2011
Regulator said:
I lost my drive shaft at 60 mph going down the highway!

Back story: a couple months ago I broke my rear drive shaft while off roading and had to replace it. I doing so I went with a used shaft and new U joint. Not knowing how to remove the old U joint at the time, I had a buddy do it. He over heated it and managed to warp the aluminum ear where the U joint mounts into the shaft. It was a very tight fit, and the U joint wouldn't move freely. I decided to go with it since it was just a temporary solution until I upgrade the shaft and rear axle this winter. I have been noticing a bit more vibration lately but thought it would last, guess not. Tomorrow means new shaft, new U joint, and new transfer case fluid.

Side question: is the front drive shaft always spinning? I ask because I noticed that when in drive my front shaft is turning. Is this normal?

Yeah, it'll spin some from inherent friction in the transfer case. It won't be full speed or have any real power behind it though when the case is in 2WD.

TexazReece

Dec 4, 2011
fr34kout said:
Those don't look like Denali running boards. After looking at the picture, then at my truck, the fender flares follow the door all the way down. That matches up too well for those to be off an Envoy, from what I'm seeing on my truck at least. They look great on that truck though.

I was thinking the same thing. Although it does look Kool Ima have to find some of those. Thanx Bandit for putting my mod bug back to bite mode lol.

SBUBandit

Dec 5, 2011
Denali n DOO said:
Those running boards look good on the SS, but are they from a Denali? They are different to my Denali boards on my 06.

Took a little hunting over there, but you're right, they are Wingz Express Running Boards

Boricua SS

Nov 20, 2011
Ohio
running boards on an SS = :puke:, but... to each their own...

Fire06

Dec 18, 2011
Boricua SS said:
running boards on an SS = :puke:, but... to each their own...

How is the truck running after the motor replacement??? Have they worked out all the bugs yet?? You might have posted and I missed it. :yes::yes:

HARDTRAILZ

Nov 18, 2011
Yesterday I dug some rocks out of the brakes finally. Tightened up some things on the front end. Rewrapped winch line. Checked over the rear and added another small spacer Roadie sent me awhile back. Tightened up the rear shock bolts. Checked the tires good and properly aired them. Nothing big, but a bunch of little stuff that needed done.

Boricua SS

Nov 20, 2011
Ohio
Fire06 said:
How is the truck running after the motor replacement??? Have they worked out all the bugs yet?? You might have posted and I missed it. :yes::yes:

Yea you kinda missed it :rotfl:

Its running... I'll say that :crackup: it's going back at the end of October for a complete tear down again.. the new motor has a slight tick in it as well (that's been there since the day I picked her up back in May), that just doesn't sound right... so no more Mr. Nice guy... since I have a new warranty (3yr/30k) it will sit there now until its fixed... they're tryin to tell me to drive it for 5,000 miles to "break her in", but I barely put that on in a whole year! Since May, the new motor only has 2,000 miles on it... so I'll never see 5,000 miles in a year... but she's mobile for now.. and pulling very strong... it justs sucks being stock lol... all my goodies have just been sittng in my garage since March :sadcry:

Fire06

Dec 18, 2011
I knew the motor had a tick in it. Just had not heard anything in a while about it. Takes for the up date. Good luck!!

Wishbone

Dec 5, 2011
Took my front brakes apart because they were making some rubbing noises and I smelled brakes burning the other day. Found the driver side dust shield rubbing the rotor, bent it back into place. Found the passenger side caliber pins not moving freely and the rotor discolored a bit. Cleaned up the pins and greased them up. Everything working fine now, but I may end up replacing the rotor before too long...

ConeKilrAutoX

Dec 8, 2011
still matching up my 04 PCM c1 connector to the blue 06 PCM c1 connector :crazy:
the only wire on the 06 I cant find is the "powertrain relay coil control" pin 38 yellow wire...? can the vehicle run without this? it doesnt sound like it can

jrSS

Dec 4, 2011
I told myself I wouldn't do it. But....
2e5u6yhu.jpg
painted brake ducts

Then....
y9uqy5en.jpg

Painted rear lower valence grille. I love it!!!!

SBUBandit

Dec 5, 2011
Simon01 said:
Finished stitching the leather steering wheel cover on the TB.

Good times. Put one on my Taurus a month ago. Love it now that its done, but not a fun process

jrSS said:
I told myself I wouldn't do it. But....painted brake ducts

Looks awesome on black. With it all blacked out now, if you ever chose to accent the bowtie, it would show up real good now. Looks good blacked out too:thumbsup:

jrSS

Dec 4, 2011
Oh yea. Ordered a new vinyl inlay last week from motor city vinyl. Lime green. Didn't like the old one I had.

Short Bus

Dec 2, 2011
jrSS said:
I told myself I wouldn't do it. But....
2e5u6yhu.jpg
painted brake ducts

Then....
y9uqy5en.jpg

Painted rear lower valence grille. I love it!!!!

Looks good :thumbsup:

jrSS said:
Oh yea. Ordered a new vinyl inlay last week from motor city vinyl. Lime green. Didn't like the old one I had.

Green calipers would look good with the green accents.

[EBAY]250789524858[/EBAY]

jrSS

Dec 4, 2011
I would agree shawn....but sure would be a bitch to match the inlays. And if I ever wanted to go another color that would mean id hafta change caliper color again. So I'm gonna go black. And put a vinyl on the calipers.

McGMT

Jun 17, 2012
Took the hvac controls off of straight up cold for the first time since err May...

HARDTRAILZ

Nov 18, 2011
Filled it with fuel. Took it for a nice backroad adventure.

TangoBravo

Dec 5, 2011
Installed a set of wheel spacers.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Zee0719

Members Online