What did you do to your GMT today?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wooluf1952

Nov 20, 2011
Milwaukee, Wisconsin
Yesterday I did my yearly oil & filter change (4,128 miles, approx. 50% on the OLM) and tire rotation. I had just finished with the last tire and realized the outer tie rod was bad. Checked on the inter-webz and ordered one from AA. Picked it up this morning and installed in the afternoon.
The hardest part was breaking the jam nut free. Gathering the tools and putting them away took longer than R&R.

Reactions: mcsteven

mcsteven

Apr 18, 2012
Heard 4 dings.
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1432416453.699866.jpg

EDIT: For anyone not familiar with Northern California, that gas price is comparatively cheap.

Sparky

Dec 4, 2011
Did my first mod to the Silverado. LED license plate lights. I don't even have real plates yet, just temp tags lol.

Of course I have a pile of 194 LED bulbs but the dome lights are 212-2 festoon style so I couldn't swap those like I wanted.

20150523_195350_zps1ugtc7nb.jpg

*edit* Photobucket fails so hard at resizing pictures... Shows as resized on their site but the IMG tags go to the old massive one. GG photobucket...

Aarkon

Nov 6, 2013
Ok jeff I just took a short one on my way home only up to 45 didn't get on it at all but she screams when you do
Watch "Envoy exhaust 2" on YouTube

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JRzdKH8_6qs

High Voltage

Nov 18, 2011
Aarkon said:
Its pretty loud on the outside I wasn't to hard on the throttle ill try again tomorrow and floor it
I figured it would be! Mine is with a single in dual out muffler!
Had a cop ask me if I had a muffler. Ask me to rev it up......then said it's a lot louder at the back! I said yep that's where it comes out!!!

Reactions: mcsteven and Aarkon

Aarkon

Nov 6, 2013
High Voltage said:
I figured it would be! Mine is with a single in dual out muffler!
Had a cop ask me if I had a muffler. Ask me to rev it up......then said it's a lot louder at the back! I said yep that's where it comes out!!!
Hahaha you need an in car camera that would be priceless

Grimor

Mar 28, 2013
tbdirtymudbog.jpg
ran in a mud bog today, I ran it just like I drive it on the street. Tires are definitely not for mud.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Bvvc-Oo9CZY
66.6' not the worst, I actually forgot to turn off my traction control off (which was a good thing)

I made a second run with TC off and just floored it, they couldn't even measure the run because they didn't start the tape that close to the line... might as well of been running slicks. I will post a video if someone asks.

Sparky

Dec 4, 2011
Drove it for a little more extended period on highway tonight. Such a comfy ride :biggrin: However, I found out the cruise control does not work! Did a quick google and it sounds like the brake pedal switch is a common issue on the Silverados, and it is also only 12 bucks. OK. Gotta fix that before this coming weekend!

Mark20

Dec 6, 2011
Finally replaced the stepper motors in the cluster. Reading 0 MPH going down the highway is not a good thing.

Reactions: Mounce

HARDTRAILZ

Nov 18, 2011
Drug a trailer out to pick up my smoker.

Mark20

Dec 6, 2011
Went to replace the upstream O2 sensor this evening and got nowhere! Searched here for hints and didn't find anything so I checked YouTube and guess who I find, MAY03LT! I didn't think that getting the manifold heated would help. It was too late by then to try any more and the sensor socket he used would fit much better. I'll have to look for one.

Replacing the O2 sensor just because I've recently passed 100K miles.

Reactions: Sib

HARDTRAILZ

Nov 18, 2011
Its been posted before. Got two of em. I used the Chargriller trio with Apple and Mesquite this weekend to do this 20 lbs of boston butt.

In action by the party

The on topic post for the thread...pic of the truck with it loaded up in the trailer

and the other Texas Smoker that lives at the farm since it takes a tractor to move. All 1.4 nch steel plate, but it works really well

Matt

Dec 2, 2011
Sweet...still love my UDS though.

rcam81

Dec 3, 2011
Onsted, MI
Last week I had to replace the ignition switch. Went away for a 5 day weekend. Got packed and ready to head home yesterday and it wouldn't start. The battery had a dead cell in it. Got 5.5 years out of it. Put a new Duralast Gold in it.

Blckshdw

Nov 20, 2011
Tampa Bay Area, FL
Confirmed that the octane rating of fuel does effect your fuel efficiency when the PCM is tuned. As many may remember, I had PCMofNC tune my EXT for 93. Made the truck much more fun to drive for the heavy pig that it is, but my MPGs stayed the same, right around 15mpg mostly city surface street driving. Technically, I should call that an improvement given my lead foot.

The cost was getting hard to eat during the price spikes, so I had them retune me for 89. Didn't really pay attention to the numbers for a few months until this past winter, and notice I was down in the low 13's. :mad: Winter gas, maybe, but it has also been idling funny inconsistently. So previous fillup, I ran the tank down low, and put in 23 gallons of 93, just to see if anything changed. It did, truck idled smoother, and after filling up 23.5 gallons during lunch today, calculated 14.3mpg This is including multiple 4 mile back and forth runs since Friday due to me moving into a new place.

For kicks and giggles, put in some midgrade this time. Will see what the numbers say on the next fill up.

Reactions: dmanns67

HARDTRAILZ

Nov 18, 2011
I have been playing with that as well. I am tuned for premium and see a loss with regular. On a second tank of mid and it seems pretty close to premium with being a bit cheaper...

Reactions: Blckshdw

Sparky

Dec 4, 2011
Took it for a spin down to Columbus as a highway test drive so to speak. Rides nice man :biggrin: Oh and cruise worked fine the whole time, so instead of replacing the brake switch I will probably just be able to clean it up a bit and should be fine. Save myself 12 bucks.

Also filled the tank, and the computer of course lies to me on the mpg. It said last tank was averaging 16.5, calculated by hand was 15.5. Figured as much.

Reactions: Mounce

littleblazer

Jul 6, 2014
Coated battery terminals with die electric grease, replaced a terminal, cleaned the condenser and added some r134a.

Gerbil21

May 28, 2014
Swapped in new 06 front pads for the ext brake swap, had to grind the ends down to fit the brackets but they fit good now. Then I had to replace the driver side front caliper since it wouldn't close with the new pads now I just need to flush and bleed the fluid, that stuff looked like swamp water

mcsteven

Apr 18, 2012
Gerbil21 said:
Swapped in new 06 front pads for the ext brake swap, had to grind the ends down to fit the brackets but they fit good now. Then I had to replace the driver side front caliper since it wouldn't close with the new pads now I just need to flush and bleed the fluid, that stuff looked like swamp water
Dang - Mine is an 06 but when I did the EXT/XL brake upgrade, it was a simple swap of the rotors, swap the caliper bracket, and new pads. Something different for your 05?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MissCrutcher