What did you do to your GMT today?

Status
Not open for further replies.

linneje

Apr 26, 2012
Blower motor was stuck on high. Even with ignition off and key out, stuck on high.

Replaced the blower control module. Got it from the GM dealer, but the module had wires which had to be spliced in and I had to cut the old harness off for the splice.

Took care of the problem, but it would have been a much quicker job without the splicing. I think the new modules are kind of a "one size fits all" construction, hence the need for splicing. The instructions listed about 5 different platforms the module would work with.

kjkim93

Jan 1, 2012
Cursed at it. Low beams keep going out. And checked with my dealership, still don't have the parts for either recall.

Mounce

Mar 29, 2014
Tuscaloosa, AL
Bite the bullet yourself. Go to the parts store and buy the relay, you can't safely drive without your headlights.... Then when they get their shit together, put the OEM relay back in and go and get the recalls done.

As for me, drove it for my usual daily activities because the Mustang's rear tires were low and I didn't have time to air them up. Then took it and got gas for the lawn mower.

Reactions: rcam81

littleblazer

Jul 6, 2014
Emptied my dorm room into it and drove home.

SnowBlazer

Jun 9, 2014
Colorado Springs
Drive it in the hail...it was a mess. PD ended up closing I-25 due to cars getting stuck, thus making all side roads a parking lot. ImageUploadedByTapatalk1431056804.722798.jpgImageUploadedByTapatalk1431056815.587731.jpgImageUploadedByTapatalk1431056824.902117.jpgImageUploadedByTapatalk1431056833.885985.jpg

swede

Jun 22, 2014
BlazingTrails said:
Curious about the European tail lights... Why is only one side having a reverse light?

Do you need us yo send you some us lights? Lol jk
Yes Sparky was right, we need rear fog lights. I been looking to replace those fugly euro style tails but can't find any all red to my likeing. Still looking though

swede

Jun 22, 2014
The new extension of our shop is a work in progress, the building is finished. What's left is connect the heat (geothermal floor heating), run hot & cold water, tile on the floor and electrical outlets / lights. Two 2-pillar lifts are also to be installed.

So as the first vehicle inside our new building is of course a nice GMT :smile:

Today is spring cleaning of my TB, both inside and outside. Here's just washed outside and I'm about to start the inside cleaning.

Attachments

• 2015-05-09 11.14.43.jpg
    2015-05-09 11.14.43.jpg
    60.1 KB · Views: 28

Blckshdw

Nov 20, 2011
Tampa Bay Area, FL
Filled it up with some 93 (hot dayum that stuff is expensive!!) as a hail Mary to try and see if my occasional idling problems could be related to my tune or not.

Got behind the cargo panel and tinkered with my 5 channel amp for a bit. Needed to adjust the high pass crossovers on the door channels to try and eliminate some distortion on the hard bass hits at high volume. Will test that out later today when I run some errands. :thumbsup:

Reactions: Mounce

swede

Jun 22, 2014
Damn I spent hours cleaning my TB inside, every door jam is spotless all around. Found some beginning to rust stuff on the rear doors bottom (sucks). Hard to type after 3 large Absolut Lemon mixed with cike hahahah I'm feeling goiod kind of half drunk hahaha

MAY03LT

Original poster
Nov 18, 2011
Delmarva
20150509_110449.jpg

Mubai stopped by my shop to take care of some maintenance. This is what he did to his GMT today. :cool:

Oil and filter, brake fluid flush, trans flush, trans filter, diffs serviced, check brakes, all the fun stuff.

20150509_153903.jpg

Nasty brake fluid. Mubai has a fancy bleeder that uses shop air to pull a vacuum on the system. Seemed to work good.

20150509_172024.jpg

In response to this thread:

http://gmtnation.com/forums/topic/13486-transmission-fluid-quantity/

We followed the article that mooseman linked up. Like I said in that thread, I never did this before so it was a learning experience. My son stopped by to give us a hand since apparently he has done this before LOL

Mypetropig

Dec 29, 2011
Installed my Bilsteins that I waited three months for, nation wide back order according to shockwarehouse. Also changed out the old brake fluid and bled the brakes. Love my Bilsteins!

Sparky

Dec 4, 2011
Yeah my coworker has a 2007 TB with 205k miles on the original (!!!!) shocks, so we ordered Bilsteins for her. Got the same notice that they are on backorder. Again. Seems to happen a lot for some reason.

littleblazer

Jul 6, 2014
Put some new bosch icons on. Doesn't keep contact at the vertical travel on the drivers side, have a gap 2 inches from the top.

Mypetropig

Dec 29, 2011
I think it had something to do with re tooling the factory. At least that's what I was told. I was almost to the point of getting another brand but I'm more than happy I waited.

gpking

Dec 27, 2013
Berkeley Springs, WV
This is a multi-day post...
Sunday I finally got around to actually soldering-in the resistors for my turn signals.
I used those plastic wire taps when I originally was experimenting with LEDs and I was *going to* solder them after a week, but you know, 15 months later / one week later. It's all the same.

Yesterday I saw a black/light pewter metallic two-tone North Face EXT outside of a Chinese restaurant while I was chatting with a friend.
I was drooling over dat rack and pointed it out to him. Turns out he knows someone who owns a North Face TB and may or may not be willing to part with those 'unnecessary' rack lights. We'll see if the price is right...

Lastly, today I wrapped up my research and pulled the trigger on a MarkMc 2.5" lift/level.
It is finally time to kiss that rake goodbye. And to stop worrying about breaking the air dam off on the ground.
My buddy has a ZR2 S10 so I might order myself some ZR2 stickers to piss him off...

Darkrider_LS

Jan 25, 2013
This is from yesterday.... I bought one of my gmts back

BC backroader

Sep 6, 2014
My son washed the truck for me yesterday afternoon, so I spent a few hours this afternoon cleaning the glass inside and out, hit all the textured plastic trim on the bumpers and rocker panels with Black Magic cleaner/conditioner, and gave the tires a shot of shinola too. Then I drove out of the parkade into a shower, of course.
icon_eek.gif
A guy just can't win around here. Oh well, it looked spiffy for a few minutes.

Reactions: swede

swede

Jun 22, 2014
Got my Trailblazer OEM front floor mats today, niccceeee :wooot:

Shoes off when driving.

Attachments

• 2015-05-13 13.15.55.jpg
    2015-05-13 13.15.55.jpg
    75.3 KB · Views: 32

Darkrider_LS

Jan 25, 2013
Got a tire repaired

djthumper

Administrator
Nov 20, 2011
North Las Vegas
Darkrider_LS said:
Got a tire repaired
Wait! Are you actually back to driving a GMT?

Reactions: HARDTRAILZ

Darkrider_LS

Jan 25, 2013
djthumper said:
Wait! Are you actually back to driving a GMT?
Yup, back in the S10 blazer for now anyways

littleblazer

Jul 6, 2014
Think I made the brakes quiet again. New pads on rear and cleaned up the rear brackets since the pads fit with force.

Matt

Dec 2, 2011
Got a large self tapper removed from the tyre.

littleblazer

Jul 6, 2014
uploadfromtaptalk1431639188716.jpg

Got to drive the big boy, dad was out of work today and they called me up. All I can say is now I want one. So what it did? It drove. [emoji2]

Reactions: Mounce

Sparky

Dec 4, 2011
I bought it!

Reactions: Matt and Mounce

djthumper

Administrator
Nov 20, 2011
North Las Vegas
littleblazer said:
attachicon.gif
20150514_154301.jpg

Got to drive the big boy, dad was out of work today and they called me up. All I can say is now I want one. So what it did? It drove. [emoji2]
But it isn't "Your" GMT... :raspberry:

littleblazer

Jul 6, 2014
djthumper said:
But it isn't "Your" GMT... :raspberry:
The title doesn't say junior or senior. [emoji13] if you want to be technical, the trailblazer isn't mine either, it's his as well and "You're allowed to drive it when you want and I have to ask permission to because mom says it's yours."[emoji2]

Reactions: mcsteven

RedneckEnvoy

Nov 3, 2014
Changed the oil and decided I will never trust the oil life percentage thing ever again. Oil was the third most disgusting oil I have ever drained. Only two worse was from a car with a blown head gasket and the other was my F150 that had the oil as thick as tar (literally wouldn't even drain.)
Other then that drove it to work since my explorer is down.
Trav

Darkrider_LS

Jan 25, 2013
Installed driving lights and new silverstar headlights

Reactions: mcsteven

Stewzer55

Feb 15, 2014
Drove about 200 miles, TPMS is on crack, pressures were fine when it was freaking out (as usual)

Wooluf1952

Nov 20, 2011
Milwaukee, Wisconsin
RedneckEnvoy said:
Changed the oil and decided I will never trust the oil life percentage thing ever again. Oil was the third most disgusting oil I have ever drained. Only two worse was from a car with a blown head gasket and the other was my F150 that had the oil as thick as tar (literally wouldn't even drain.)
Other then that drove it to work since my explorer is down.
Trav
Just curious: How many miles and how long since the last oil change?

Sparky

Dec 4, 2011
I've always followed the OLM on my truck and it has always been well used when drained but not bad. 210k and counting. I do use Mobil 1 though, not sure if I'm quite up for trusting the OLM with regular dino oil.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
danfromutah

Members Online