What did you do to your GMT today?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Matt

Dec 2, 2011
Did the same as Sparky, 650+ miles and it ran like a champ...even with the 200 odd pound anchor in the cargo area.

Reactions: Sparky

24v 4.2

Jan 16, 2013
Replaced steering wheel position sensor, washed, went at the roof with rubbing compound to remove the outline residue from deracking, re-waxed the same area, installed halogen yellow fog light bulbs (will go hid eventually).

Reactions: dmanns67

HARDTRAILZ

Nov 18, 2011
Left it in the woods while using dads 3/4 ton to haul the tractor since it was already hooked up.

Sparky

Dec 4, 2011
Got the registration/plates for the Silverado today and removed the dealer badging while taking off the temp tags. They didn't put any decals on the vehicle, just plate frames and such. Also installed my AVS in-channel vent visors. Much better.

dmanns67

Apr 3, 2013
Ohio
I was unsuccessful on replacing the door mode HVAC actuator. It is very tight so I am going to have to come up with a new game plan to remove the 7/32 mounting screws. Did not even make it to the SWPS. Going to try again this Saturday.

I did find the break in the circuit for my rear defroster. The passenger side contactor had broke connection, but had not fallen off of the rear window yet. I ordered some more Permatex defogger repair kit and it is currently curing. Hopefully this takes care of my rear defogger issue.

dmanns67

Apr 3, 2013
Ohio
After 48hrs of curing, I hooked up the connector to the tab on the rear defogger. I had voltage across the entire grid except for the grid on the bottom of the window. After closer inspection, I found a break in the circuit. As much moving as I have done with the TB over the years, who knows how long that bottom grid has not worked. Ordered the Permatex grid repair kit.

The driver's side tab is still holding strong which was the initial problem with the rear defroster not working. Tab completely fell off.

Reactions: Mounce and Sib

BC backroader

Sep 6, 2014
Washed the "Big Blue Bus", then visited a few recycle yards, looking for wheels in good shape, as mine are scratched and peeling the clearcoat, and a new plastic cover for the pass. side running board, as I chewed it up backroading before I lifted the truck. No joy on either item.

HARDTRAILZ

Nov 18, 2011
Took its picture for the right now thread

Mypetropig

Dec 29, 2011
Gave it an oil change and realized I need to clean the condensing coil. It's got a lot of bugs and road grime in it.

HARDTRAILZ

Nov 18, 2011
Yesterday I cruised it out to the MIL's pool with the kids and swam and grilled out then loaded them up and they both fell asleep on the way home leaving me thinking how nice it was to have a truck like it to enjoy and that I always trust to keep them safe.

So what did I really do to it...I appreciated it!

Reactions: Sib

Sib

Sep 6, 2014
HARDTRAILZ said:
Yesterday I cruised it out to the MIL's pool with the kids
Could there have been a Scavenger Hunt Pic :undecided:

Thought about washing her but with the rain that is supposedly coming I decided otherwise. Other than that just drove it around, which I enjoy doing. :yes:

Reactions: SnowBlazer

SnowBlazer

Jun 9, 2014
Colorado Springs
Cruising around in it. AKA wasting gas.

Reactions: EMT

littleblazer

Jul 6, 2014
Took it up a hill to test the 4wd. Haven't used it since march.

Decided I couldn't take this approach.
20150611_1552381.jpg
Chose this one instead.
20150611_1551111.jpg
Parked halfway up just cause.
20150611_154958.1.jpg
At the top. (Party foul, forgot to close the door)
20150611_1549581.jpg
20150611_1550071.jpg

Mypetropig

Dec 29, 2011
Cleaned the condensing coil, added a bottle of Gumout "all in one" fuel treatment, filled it up and adjusted the tire pressure.

kjkim93

Jan 1, 2012
Changed its HID in the fog. But the left side keeps misfiring. With halogens they are fine. The wires are good, and no shorts. What could be my problem?

kjkim93

Jan 1, 2012
Sib said:
Maybe a bad ballast. Switch the ballast to the other side and see if it follows.
Tried all of them on the right side, fires on the first try. No problems whatsoever. However on the left I have to do it a couple times before it turns on.

Blckshdw

Nov 20, 2011
Tampa Bay Area, FL
You using a relay harness (smart move), or triggering the ballasts from the 9006 plugs from inside the headlights (this can be problematic and cause problems due to the small gauge of wiring used there)

AV8ER

Apr 19, 2012
Changed the oil, cleaned the throttle body, changed the leds on my mirrors, and wrapped the shank on my new hitch with tape to quiet it down. Most i have done to it in awhile... It is about time for a good wash and wax.

24v 4.2

Jan 16, 2013
kjkim93 said:
Tried all of them on the right side, fires on the first try. No problems whatsoever. However on the left I have to do it a couple times before it turns on.
I had the same problem. Turned out to be the battery.

Reactions: Blckshdw

kjkim93

Jan 1, 2012
Blckshdw said:
You using a relay harness (smart move), or triggering the ballasts from the 9006 plugs from inside the headlights (this can be problematic and cause problems due to the small gauge of wiring used there)
Do you recommend any good relays for the fogs? I checked the on I had there. And the left side is corroded even though I wrapped it up.

Blckshdw

Nov 20, 2011
Tampa Bay Area, FL
Didn't realize you were talking about your fogs. The wiring is large enough to be OK powering the ballasts directly, but having that corrosion in there is your problem. If you can clean it, that's your cheapest bet. Otherwise, any run of the mill relay harness setup off Ebay/Amazon would be fine. Just gonna get you clean power directly from the battery, which will solve your misfire issues.

Reactions: Sib and smitty5150

Eric04

Dec 3, 2014
West Michigan
Oil change. The DIC said I had 30% remaining but at over 7k on the last change I couldn't let it go any longer 'cause old habits die hard. The oil wasn't terribly dirty but the stealership that did the last change did use a stubby filter(PF46E) instead of the PF61 so at least that's gone. Nice doing a change that doesn't include a floor jack after working on my Impala for years. I could barely get a shoulder under that thing.

Reactions: Sib

Grimor

Mar 28, 2013
oil change, and made a mess. first change since the oil skid went on. i lost a lot of paint trying to get it lined up. i think I'm going to need to pull it off a couple days before oil changes to repaint. every 10k should be about right. then i spilled oil all over the engine refilling it. a little late, but then i got the funnel to finish it off and do the oil change on the car.

DAlastDON

Apr 6, 2014
Kentucky
Changed out the evaporative emission canister vent solenoid valve on the fuel tank. Engine light did not immediately come back on when i cleared the code so that should take care of that. It was easy to get to after i made it fat boy friendly by jacking it up as high as my jack stands would go. Otherwise i did not have enough room to move around because the fuel tank was on my chest. Noticed the diagonal stabilizer bar rusted up pretty good in the center. Will replace that soon.

Lesson learned is not to cram gas in the tank then let it sit. Only drove three miles home when i was 75F then it sit for a couple days when it got up to 90F before i drove it again. Guessing excessive pressure forced(broke) the valve.

Gerbil21

May 28, 2014
Installed new sway bar bushings

HARDTRAILZ

Nov 18, 2011
This weekend got new led in license plate and white ones interior. Today I am bout to flex it out then take it to exhaust place and try to get it fixed up with dual outlets if it will fit after flexing. Then run by dealer for DDM they got in for me.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
danfromutah

Members Online