What did you do to your GMT today?

Status
Not open for further replies.

RZAwora

Apr 15, 2012
fr34kout said:
Looks awesome! I want 22" FR's so bad, but there's someone locally selling a set of TBSS with tires for $600. If I had the cash to spare I might just jump on it after seeing this pic lol

:whisptersecret: sshhh... don't tell Drew... he might want me to give him more money... :biggrin:
I'm very happy with them...got the 275/45R20 tires on there, so they're a lot wider, more contact surface. Nice ride, better handling and cornering. I don't know if the 22's would yield the same results. I know the 22" tires will cost a lot more $$$ though. Your call dude...thanks for the comment though. :thumbsup:

fr34kout

Jan 6, 2012
Haha I've wanted these rims for over a year now, but kept putting my money into other upgrades. It's finally time to start saving. Just seeing your truck with these 20's is motivation for me lol. I've seen SS rims on a handful of Envoys, but never a black denali yet like mine. Thanks for sharing the pics :thumbsup:

jrSS

Dec 4, 2011
Imo I think the tb SS wheels are the best lookin stockers that gm has made. (Exception of the silvy SS wheels). 22" would look good on your ride. But since ur so low I think the ride would be bad (w/ 22" fr) since ur gonna have to wrap ur wheels with rubberbands. I would stay with the 20's and have a lil tire.

fr34kout

Jan 6, 2012
If it was a DD I would probably agree, but right now it's like my weekend car. Ride may be harsh but I'm willing to deal with it for the looks haha. Plus I'm 20, gotta have fun while I'm young right

Edit: And I gotta agree, but I actually think these rims look better than the silverado SS rims. That 6 spoke clean look is the shit. Nothing fancy or over the top, just simple and elegant.

TexazReece

Dec 4, 2011
Dang if Texas were closer I woulda coulda had those wheels, all good tho they look great on your denali bro. I agree the SS TB wheels are an awesome wheel along with the 22" 12-spokes for the silverado/suburban/tahoe. Wish I could put those on but I did see a trailblazer with the silverado 20's on it but I couldnt get a pic of it

ConeKilrAutoX

Dec 8, 2011
well I put in a 20lb nitrous tank to keep me entertained until spring...thats when the turbo build begins! Today I also purchased my GT45 turbo. Godspeed housing (4 inch intake and a 3.25 exhaust out with a 1.00 ar exhaust trim) and because I only trust greddy and garrett internals, I bought the correct Gt45 Garrett internals (compressor wheel (66.71 /84.20 diameter), turbine wheel (63.56 /73.60 diameter) and am having them balanced and then I will swap them in, in the spring.
View attachment 22475
View attachment 22477
View attachment 22476

Attachments

• 2012-08-26_19-23-24_735.jpg
    2012-08-26_19-23-24_735.jpg
    53.3 KB · Views: 20
  • TURBO 2.jpg
    TURBO 2.jpg
    20.8 KB · Views: 20
  • TURBO 1.jpg
    TURBO 1.jpg
    19.3 KB · Views: 19

Matt

Dec 2, 2011
ConeKilrAutoX said:
well I put in a 20lb nitrous tank to keep me entertained until spring...thats when the turbo build begins! Today I also purchased my GT45 turbo. Godspeed housing (4 inch intake and a 3.25 exhaust out with a 1.00 ar exhaust trim) and because I only trust greddy and garrett internals, I bought the correct Gt45 Garrett internals (compressor wheel (66.71 /84.20 diameter), turbine wheel (63.56 /73.60 diameter) and am having them balanced and then I will swap them in, in the spring.

I think you're nucking futs...but really looking forward to your build log and seeing what you can get out of it. :thumbsup:

ConeKilrAutoX

Dec 8, 2011
Matt said:
I think you're nucking futs...but really looking forward to your build log and seeing what you can get out of it. :thumbsup:

Haha thanks I think I am too...it should be very nice of all goes well. Im more nervous about the pcm swap than any of the turbo building / welding or doing the injectors haha

ConeKilrAutoX

Dec 8, 2011
fr34kout said:
Like physically swapping a tuned pcm? It's a cakewalk. Or you mean getting it tuned

Like taking out my 04 pcm and swapping in a complete 06 tb p12 pcm and engine wiring harness lol (got it tuned for boost by limequat. The 04 envoy pcm i have now cant freaks out when seeing boost. So ill need to get a MAF sensor also for the p12 pcm to work.

fr34kout

Jan 6, 2012
Nice, hope you put up some killer numbers man. I got too much things I need to do first, but later I want to slap on a 4.0 Whipple at low boost (5-8 psi), then build a forged 408 and crank it up :smile: For now it's just dreams and saving for stuff other things like rims lol

jrSS

Dec 4, 2011
This morning goin to work it was pourin down rain. Road I was traveling on is kinda curvy, goin 60 mph. (Speed limit) Looked down at the clock to see what time it was, and ran of the road and did some fish tailing. Scared the holy livin shit outta me!! I only got 3 hrs of sleep (do to having a bad back couldn't sleep). Whew glad no one was on the road so I didn't hurt anyone or fuck up my SS. Only damage is this...
6c73a0b8-ed89-7997.jpg
no more hydroplaning for me. Lol. Oh and yes I have brand new tires.

Denali n DOO

May 22, 2012
jrSS said:
This morning goin to work it was pourin down rain. Road I was traveling on is kinda curvy, goin 60 mph. (Speed limit) Looked down at the clock to see what time it was, and ran of the road and did some fish tailing. Scared the holy livin shit outta me!! I only got 3 hrs of sleep (do to having a bad back couldn't sleep). Whew glad no one was on the road so I didn't hurt anyone or fuck up my SS. Only damage is this...
6c73a0b8-ed89-7997.jpg

Lol, I did that, looked down for couple seconds while driving on a gravel road, then .........BANG! Knocked the passanger mirror clean off the company Montana Van. I didn't know what I hit so I turned around and headed back to look, It ended up that I knocked 3 rural route mail boxes off their post. :rotfl: !

It doesn't take much, glad your okay...

Wooluf1952

Nov 20, 2011
Milwaukee, Wisconsin
jrSS said:
Only damage is this...
6c73a0b8-ed89-7997.jpg

I can't see the picture. So I'm thinking the damage is a brown spot on the seat? :raspberry:

jrSS

Dec 4, 2011
Lmao^^ that's good!! My pics from tapatalk aren't loading. Dunno why. Anyway just the tiniest ding on the plasti dipped wheel from a rock or something.

NewfieEnvoy

Jan 25, 2012
Installed some Cree 7w 3157 bulbs in the reverse lights. Super bright and white! Now I dont like the red topped lenses :-(

RZAwora

Apr 15, 2012
Removed side mouldings, installed rear LED light bar (thanks Dan), installed HID low beams to go along with already installed HID fogs, removed side mouldings...
View attachment 22554
View attachment 22555
View attachment 22556
View attachment 22557

Truck really needs a good wash and wax now... maybe later this week. Still waiting on my GMC center caps for the TBSS 20's (thanks Drew).
Still want to do the 07 rear wiper and interior/exterior LED's. Also think I want to smoke the taillights...we'll see.
After that stuff gets done I'll work on upgrading from the factory stereo so I'll get more out of my subs and upgraded speakers.
Anyone have any PAC Audio adapters for sale cheap? Or an 07 rear wiper? Let me know... :yes:

Attachments

• DSCN7593.jpg
    DSCN7593.jpg
    60.9 KB · Views: 111
  • DSCN7594.jpg
    DSCN7594.jpg
    69.7 KB · Views: 109
  • DSCN7595.jpg
    DSCN7595.jpg
    79.5 KB · Views: 110
  • DSCN7596.jpg
    DSCN7596.jpg
    59.3 KB · Views: 109

fr34kout

Jan 6, 2012
Rza take a look at my build log if you want to see how some of the things you want to do look. Drop, led's, tinted tail lights, etc. Looking good without the door moldings!

SBUBandit

Dec 5, 2011
rzawora said:
Removed side mouldings, installed rear LED light bar (thanks Dan), installed HID low beams to go along with already installed HID fogs, removed side mouldings...

Truck really needs a good wash and wax now... maybe later this week. Still waiting on my GMC center caps for the TBSS 20's (thanks Drew).
Still want to do the 07 rear wiper and interior/exterior LED's. Also think I want to smoke the taillights...we'll see.
After that stuff gets done I'll work on upgrading from the factory stereo so I'll get more out of my subs and upgraded speakers.
Anyone have any PAC Audio adapters for sale cheap? Or an 07 rear wiper? Let me know... :yes:

Looks great. If you can find them (big if) the Ascender taillights are the way to go on the Voys.

mikeinDE

Jan 4, 2012
Rza, that looks sharp man!!! :thumbsup:

Boricua SS

Nov 20, 2011
Ohio
i just drove the beaSSt for the past 2 days... usually i dont take her out during the week... but wednesdays are track days (summit motorsports park in norwalk ohio, and no i didnt race due to the new motor :raspberry:) and today was just an awesome day for weather :rotfl:

rmsg0040

Dec 10, 2011
Pulled wheel liners, door panels, scuff plates, etc.

Started prepping, tomorrow more prep, then paint with herculiner.

62A1ABDB-orig.jpg

HARDTRAILZ

Nov 18, 2011
Ordered Chassis Saver and Monstaliner. I like the finish better than the herculiner. But doing bottom of doors up to rub strip n possibly fender flares.

mikeinDE

Jan 4, 2012
rmsg0040 said:
Pulled wheel liners, door panels, scuff plates, etc.

Started prepping, tomorrow more prep, then paint with herculiner.

62A1ABDB-orig.jpg

HARDTRAILZ said:
Ordered Chassis Saver and Monstaliner. I like the finish better than the herculiner. But doing bottom of doors up to rub strip n possibly fender flares.

I am anxious to see both your guys finished products.....:yes:

Sparky

Dec 4, 2011
I need to do something like that to mine yet. But first I need some sheet metal to repair rust holes and my friend's schedule to work out to weld it. He's getting married soon so I have no idea if/when he'll have time :/

Fire06

Dec 18, 2011
Had tires put on ... Now running Bridgestone Dueler A/T. Hope they work out as well as the Mich. did

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Zee0719

Members Online

No members online now.