What did you do to your GMT today?

Status
Not open for further replies.

rmsg0040

Dec 10, 2011
mikeinDE said:
I am anxious to see both your guys finished products.....:yes:

Hopefully tonight or tomorrow I can get a pic,

its 40 degrees celsius, wearing long sleeves and jeans, makes it hotter.

RZAwora

Apr 15, 2012
Put my GMC center caps on the SS wheels. :yes: No more Chevy symbol. :wootwoot:
I'd have to admit, it did feel weird driving my GMC around since Sunday with wheels that had a Chevy symbol on them. :rotfl:
Problem solved. :biggrin:
View attachment 22595

Attachments

• photo.JPG
    photo.JPG
    69.5 KB · Views: 125

rmsg0040

Dec 10, 2011
Finally finished somewhat, waited about an hour after and pulled all the tape off the edges.

Noticed a moth caught got on the paint.

Just waiting now for it to dry, tomorrow the UV top coat, then Sunday putting back all the trim.

rmsg0040

Dec 10, 2011
Almost done:

395935B3-orig.jpg

RZAwora

Apr 15, 2012
Here she is all cleaned up...ready for her transfer case fluid change and rear differential fluid change tomorrow...:thumbsup:
DSCN7807.jpg

DSCN7802.jpg

DSCN7800.jpg

DSCN7795.jpg

DSCN7792.jpg

DSCN7797.jpg

mikeinDE

Jan 4, 2012
rmsg0040 said:
Almost done:

395935B3-orig.jpg

Looks good, but if I may ask, how come you opted not to do the bumpers?
I think it would have been a better flow....
Either way, props, it looks good.

mikeinDE

Jan 4, 2012
rzawora said:
Here she is all cleaned up...ready for her transfer case fluid change and rear differential fluid change tomorrow...:thumbsup:
DSCN7807.jpg

DSCN7802.jpg

DSCN7800.jpg

DSCN7795.jpg

DSCN7792.jpg

DSCN7797.jpg

RZA, that thing is ballin with those SS wheels. :thumbsup:
we are gonna have to do a "mini-meet" at Drew's sometime :undecided:

dingle

May 26, 2012
I did something simple but a lot will be jealous. I got a free cargo cover for the saab from my father in law. Shocked the crap out of me that he actually gave it to me. I figured the greedy bastard wouldn't have let me have it. Lol

Fire06

Dec 18, 2011
dingle said:
I did something simple but a lot will be jealous. I got a free cargo cover for the saab from my father in law. Shocked the crap out of me that he actually gave it to me. I figured the greedy bastard wouldn't have let me have it. Lol

Nice score:thumbsup::thumbsup:

RZAwora

Apr 15, 2012
mikeinDE said:
RZA, that thing is ballin with those SS wheels. :thumbsup:
we are gonna have to do a "mini-meet" at Drew's sometime :undecided:

Thanks man. I'm down for a mini-meet. How about tomorrow at 1pm? Lol. Well him and I will be there...he's helping me with transfer case and rear differential. He's going to use my truck to make a video. My new head unit is on the way so there's another opportunity shortly thereafter too.

cxkali

Jan 20, 2012
got the new wheels today before work will post some more pictures of them may not get them on till after my trip to Oklahoma.

revamp

Dec 22, 2011
Mansfield, TX
Went camping...
Found this hitch basket thing for $160 on Craigslist, with the cargo bag.

The third picture was a fluke I caught on my yep B meter.

Attachments

• image-2640996912.jpg
    image-2640996912.jpg
    48.3 KB · Views: 11
  • image-1784663001.jpg
    image-1784663001.jpg
    52.3 KB · Views: 10
  • image-2955624295.jpg
    image-2955624295.jpg
    38.2 KB · Views: 10

rmsg0040

Dec 10, 2011
mikeinDE said:
Looks good, but if I may ask, how come you opted not to do the bumpers?
I think it would have been a better flow....
Either way, props, it looks good.

Dunno, just want to be different + lots of work.

Maybe down the road I will do it, 1 bumper at a time.

jrSS

Dec 4, 2011
Changed the oil in the SS today. I had a $25 rebate card. I got 6 qts. Of mobil 1and filter for $16 after using card. Cha ching!!

Boricua SS

Nov 20, 2011
Ohio
ride looks good RZA.... now those calipers and rotors need some attention :yes::raspberry:

RZAwora

Apr 15, 2012
Boricua SS said:
ride looks good RZA.... now those calipers and rotors need some attention :yes::raspberry:

Yes they do...it's my next project after the rear diff and transfer case tomorrow, and head unit later this week. I was thinking black on both, I thought about doing silver, but I think black would look the best. You agree, or would you try a different color?

Boricua SS

Nov 20, 2011
Ohio
RZAwora said:
Yes they do...it's my next project after the rear diff and transfer case tomorrow, and head unit later this week. I was thinking black on both, I thought about doing silver, but I think black would look the best. You agree, or would you try a different color?

black for sure on the rotors... and it all depends on what you're trying to accomplish.. do you want to stand out and do like 90% of the people out there and paint their calipers red, yellow, etc...

or... dare to be different or sleek/stealth, and not draw attention.. if so.. silver, or black for the calipers.. i believe i have pix in my gallery of my brakes so you can see what it looks like in silver and black rotor hubs..

RZAwora

Apr 15, 2012
Boricua SS said:
black for sure on the rotors... and it all depends on what you're trying to accomplish.. do you want to stand out and do like 90% of the people out there and paint their calipers red, yellow, etc...

or... dare to be different or sleek/stealth, and not draw attention.. if so.. silver, or black for the calipers.. i believe i have pix in my gallery of my brakes so you can see what it looks like in silver and black rotor hubs..

I don't think I really want the calipers to stand out. :no: I think they would be best in black along with the rotor hubs. I looked briefly in your profile and your garage for those pics but didn't find them. ??
Honestly I want to replace the rotors with drilled and slotted ones, but that's awhile down the road right now. For now I'm just going to paint them. Should be done by next weekend if all goes well. I'm leaning towards black. I have the Wagner Thermoquiet pads which are silver, so I think if I paint the rotor hub and caliper black, the silver pads will pop a little and should look pretty decent.

harmless

Nov 21, 2011
Not *really* today, but Friday & Saturday's long road trips, put some seafoam through the engine...

OMG! I gained 150KM(ish) to a tank of gas! Went from a range of 320KM to 475KM+! Awesome shit!! :thumbsup:

SBUBandit

Dec 5, 2011
CdnGMan said:
Sounds like an activity that's "meet worthy"... :yes:

Picturing 20 trucks pumping clouds of white smoke in a parking lot. Sounds awesome

TollKeeper

Supporting Donor
Dec 3, 2011
Brighton, CO
Boricua SS said:

I think i would go with Charcoal or Grey. Something that doesnt stand out, compliments the color of the truck, and still allows a bit of color seperation so that they can be seen.

fadyasha

Dec 21, 2011
Well today I put my ABS system and reflexes to the test with 3 close calls for a wreck!

One of them because some idiot decided to take a call while driving without noticing he had slowed down, second because some idiot pulled into the main road without looking if there was a car coming (me) and when I tried to avoid him another idiot was racing a third idiot and decided to overtake on the right side then swerved to the left to dodge/ overtake me leaving me no choice but to slam the brakes as hard as I could and get ready for impact!

Lucky enough the idiot that caused all this saw me coming for him in his rear view mirror with my shiny bull guard he decided to step on it lol!

The third incident I honestly don't remember but I know they were three hehe! Either my driving is getting rusty or there's plenty of incompetent drivers in the street!

Boricua SS

Nov 20, 2011
Ohio
RZAwora said:
I don't think I really want the calipers to stand out. :no: I think they would be best in black along with the rotor hubs. I looked briefly in your profile and your garage for those pics but didn't find them. ??
Honestly I want to replace the rotors with drilled and slotted ones, but that's awhile down the road right now. For now I'm just going to paint them. Should be done by next weekend if all goes well. I'm leaning towards black. I have the Wagner Thermoquiet pads which are silver, so I think if I paint the rotor hub and caliper black, the silver pads will pop a little and should look pretty decent.

if you go to my profile and look under albums, then click the "more" button, as i have more then 2 albums...

http://gmtnation.com/members/boricua-ss/albums/brakes-bumper-shaved/

that should give you an idea of the silver and black...

RZAwora

Apr 15, 2012
Changed transfer case fluid and rear differential oil. Donated my truck so Drew could make a how-to video for the other members. Rear differential fluid change how-to video coming soon to a YouTube near you...

MAY03LT

Original poster
Nov 18, 2011
Delmarva
RZAwora said:
Changed transfer case fluid and rear differential oil. Donated my truck so Drew could make a how-to video for the other members. Rear differential fluid change how-to video coming soon to a YouTube near you...

OhYeah.gif

Cheeeaaahhh! It is gonna be sweet that one video will cover both styles of the drain and fill (drain plug and cover pull). Thanks again man!

RZAwora

Apr 15, 2012
MAY03LT said:
OhYeah.gif

Cheeeaaahhh! It is gonna be sweet that one video will cover both styles of the drain and fill (drain plug and cover pull). Thanks again man!

No problem dude...thank you! :thumbsup:

harmless

Nov 21, 2011
SBUBandit said:
Picturing 20 trucks pumping clouds of white smoke in a parking lot. Sounds awesome

Was there supposed to be lots of smoke?! I didn't see any.

Went to the gas station, put the seafoam in, filled up, had to crank it twice for it to start, started, ran well, began road 3hour road trip.

Results: tank lasted longer than it usually does (as seen above). :cool:

No smoke. :undecided: :confused:

Matt

Dec 2, 2011
harmless said:

Went to the gas station, put the seafoam in, filled up, had to crank it twice for it to start, started, ran well, began road 3hour road trip.

Stef,

Did you just put it in the tank or did you put some through the brake booster vacuum hose? The vacuum hose is when you'll get the smoke and it'll run like shit for a bit and almost stall.

SBUBandit

Dec 5, 2011
harmless said:

As Matt said, if you just ran it through the tank, no it won't smoke. You can also use it to clean the intake. Here's a decent video of it.

[video=youtube;z1Bktbs-0uU]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z1Bktbs-0uU"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z1Bktbs-0uU[/video]

bigytwotone

Dec 7, 2011
Dawson creek BC Canada
Ok so i didn't do any thing to the TB today but i ordered a lot got new struts, thermostat, temp sensor and hoses. looked at buying new rims, rubber and posibaly a new 4.2L to play with and make in to a power house

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jaywebb25

Members Online