What did you do to your GMT today?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Matt

Dec 2, 2011
Replaced my drivers side mirror with a non busted one that Josh :smile:hail:smile: "found" at work when he was repairing an Envoy. Even has the auto dimming glass like my original...but I kept the glass from mine all the same.

Boricua SS

Nov 20, 2011
Ohio
Matt said:
Replaced my drivers side mirror with a non busted one that Josh :smile:hail:smile: "found" at work when he was repairing an Envoy. Even has the auto dimming glass like my original...but I kept the glass from mine all the same.

Hey hey.. so it worked then!! I'm gonna have to see if he can "find" parts for me :rotfl: Glad to hear.. now stay away from garage moldings :lipsrsealed::crackup:

Matt

Dec 2, 2011
Boricua SS said:
Hey hey.. so it worked then!! I'm gonna have to see if he can "find" parts for me :rotfl:

Good luck with that! :raspberry:

Glad to hear.. now stay away from garage moldings :lipsrsealed::crackup:

Up your tube! :whistle::biggrin:

Blckshdw

Nov 20, 2011
Tampa Bay Area, FL
Speaking of "found"... I found a really good deal on a Pac OS-2C module, which came in today, to replace the crappy GMOS-01 that has partially failed on me. (and not the first one either :mad:) So I told my TB, if it behaved and got good MPGs the rest of the week, that I would be installing this, this weekend. :biggrin:

PacOS-2C.jpg

Boricua SS

Nov 20, 2011
Ohio
well i added some vinyl that i got from Todd (DoWork) from tbssowners...

2012-06-28113108.jpg

2012-06-28130902.jpg

2012-06-28135545.jpg

2012-06-28135619.jpg

i like um... i was on the fence... but its something different.. and since i cant afford the go fast parts.. or even put on the ones that i have in the garage now.. this will suffice :yes:

ItsOnVoy

Nov 21, 2011
Nice man!! I think some hood strip would look pretty good :yes:

Boricua SS

Nov 20, 2011
Ohio
DODGE!!!! :hissyfit: lol...

these are the corvette fender stripes... and they are silver Shawn... just the glare in the pix make them look white.. they are the same silver of the SS inlays, and caliper paint... so im sticking with the theme...

BINGA

Jun 8, 2012
ItsOnVoy said:
I was suppose to get them today but we had a huge fireworks show by our house so no mail today but I will be getting them tomorrow and will put them in :biggrin::wootwoot: now to just figure out when is the right way to plug then in since there polar lol

did you get yours yet?

Yep. they arrived in like a day or two! Crazy fast. Been too busy at work to put em in yet though...prob gonna have to wait till beginning of next week :frown: Of course, by then, you'll have them put in and i'll know if they work as advertised or if they made your truck blow up! :wink:

BINGA

Jun 8, 2012
Boricua SS said:

these are the corvette fender stripes... and they are silver Shawn... just the glare in the pix make them look white.. they are the same silver of the SS inlays, and caliper paint... so im sticking with the theme...

I was just thinkin, "man those are pretty sweet, although i think i would've gone with silver to accent the vents..." :raspberry: I like the stripes though, helps set your truck apart from all the "racing stripes" out there... (I laugh out loud to myself everytime i see an old kia or ford fiesta with racing stripes down the hood) :crackup:

STLtrailbSS

Dec 4, 2011
Boricua SS said:

I'm just not hot on stripes on anything really . But in the end you drive a LS2 tb . Still a badass regardless dont worry lol. Im a simple man ya know all I want is 109k naked white ZRI :rotfl:
View attachment 21614

Attachments

• 167714_178623755508052_114316818605413_371734_78_n.jpg
    167714_178623755508052_114316818605413_371734_78_n.jpg
    63 KB · Views: 10

BINGA

Jun 8, 2012
fadyasha said:
Preparing her for the summer
9c2586c7.jpg

Also got an abs light today. Went away after restarting again. A sensor is failing but won't know which one Til the light is back on.

I take it your windshield and roof got fixed already?

Boricua SS

Nov 20, 2011
Ohio
for the record.. the stripes are silver lol... everyone thinks they are white... the glare just makes them seem white... again, they are silver... my calipers are silver, my SS inlays are silver, mmy vette emblem is silver lol...

Sparky

Dec 4, 2011
Drove it around for work and then on the hottest day of the year so far it left me stranded in a parking lot refusing to start. Starter wouldn't even click. Finally got it to start so I drove it home, parked it, and drove the Camaro the rest of the day.

Not sure whether to blame the ignition switch, the starter, or the heat somehow. With the way a few other things acted I think I'm going to blame the ignition switch first. It's still the original (as is the starter) as far as I can tell.

TexazReece

Dec 4, 2011
STLtrailbSS said:
Those stripes always make me see one thing In my head.
View attachment 7784

Okay I think they look sweet but I agree. Those are dodge stripes right.... so why are people putting these on GM vehicles and Ford vehicles? I feel the same way all I see is dodge whenever I see these but it is your truck.

ItsOnVoy

Nov 21, 2011
BINGA said:
Yep. they arrived in like a day or two! Crazy fast. Been too busy at work to put em in yet though...prob gonna have to wait till beginning of next week :frown: Of course, by then, you'll have them put in and i'll know if they work as advertised or if they made your truck blow up! :wink:

Oh man I had a interesting day because of that module lol be careful hooking it up because I blew two fuses from it not stating what's positive or negative. Just a heads up man! Does work really good tho, no buzzing no flicker and works like a charm :thumbsup: after the headache of hooking it up right tho lol

Boricua SS said:
for the record.. the stripes are silver lol... everyone thinks they are white... the glare just makes them seem white... again, they are silver... my calipers are silver, my SS inlays are silver, mmy vette emblem is silver lol...

I love the white you added man!! It flows well :biggrin:

:raspberry::raspberry::rotfl:

Boricua SS

Nov 20, 2011
Ohio
TexazReece said:
Okay I think they look sweet but I agree. Those are dodge stripes right.... so why are purple putting these on GM vehicles and Ford vehicles? I feel the same way all I see is dodge whenever I see these but it is your truck.

no they are not dodge stripes... doesnt everyone know about corvettes??? :crackup::rotfl: these are corvette fender stripes... alot of the SS folks do them... so i wanted my ride to stand apart...

corvette fender stripes - Google Search
http://www.tbssowners.com/forums/showthread.php?t=79695

STLtrailbSS

Dec 4, 2011
View attachment 21616
Thats my story and Im sticking to it hahahahahha:rotfl: This is good fun
They are mainly a vette and dodge thing they do vary from manufacturers I know where they are from lol just giving you crap
Back to topic.

Just got back from giving the SS a bath and my ceramic brakes are still planned for saturday
I had to wash my truck at 9pm and it was still 97 A shine doesn't show so well at this time lol
IMAG0427.jpg

Attachments

• 30739240442_large.jpg
    30739240442_large.jpg
    74.3 KB · Views: 114

Short Bus

Dec 2, 2011
Boricua SS said:
... and they are silver Shawn... just the glare in the pix make them look white.. they are the same silver of the SS inlays, and caliper paint... so im sticking with the theme...

Silver, OK, that's better :thumbsup:

HARDTRAILZ

Nov 18, 2011
Boricua SS said:
well i added some vinyl that i got from Todd (DoWork) from tbssowners...

2012-06-28113108.jpg

2012-06-28130902.jpg

2012-06-28135545.jpg

2012-06-28135619.jpg

i like um... i was on the fence... but its something different.. and since i cant afford the go fast parts.. or even put on the ones that i have in the garage now.. this will suffice :yes:

Well Done!

Boricua SS

Nov 20, 2011
Ohio
Short Bus said:
I just checked out his thread. He has nice hood stripes also, and good prices. BTW how much was the fender stripes if you don't mind telling?

DoWork Product Listing and Pricing - TBSSOWNERS.com Forums - The #1 TrailblazerSS Dedicated Owners Forum

IMAG0096.jpg

Yea Todd is the go to guy over there.. he quoted me $8 per fender.. so $16 total.. don't know if that was a special price or what, because if you go onto motocityvinyls website, they sell them for $12 a piece... pretty much all my "SS" related items (inlays, brake calipers, vette flags, and now fender stripes) are from Todd.. then the regular GMTN decals are from Stef and Jeff...

ItsOnVoy

Nov 21, 2011

Boricua SS

Nov 20, 2011
Ohio
Yea, I'm not a fan of the hockey sticks/stripes as they're refered too... that guy has removed them and did fender stripes.. he's the white SS in the thread I linked...

Canary2323

Mar 31, 2012
TexazReece said:
Niiiiice bro :cool: but why the change up and will you be getting em color matched

Just didn't like the ride with 22s.too rough. Might get ss 22s. Next summer, thinking I'm going to stay with 20s and lower it for better ride. Ooh yeah and some guy offered me full retail for my 22s and his stock 20s ;-) had to take that offer

JRTAHOE

Nov 20, 2011
This was yesterday but iPhone was acting up. Nice clean TrailBlazer.

4b5bf2ac-2a6d-5527.jpg

BINGA

Jun 8, 2012
07 TB RIDER said:
This was yesterday but iPhone was acting up. Nice clean TrailBlazer.

4b5bf2ac-2a6d-5527.jpg

Hahaha... nice tag. :thumbsup:

JRTAHOE

Nov 20, 2011
BINGA said:
Hahaha... nice tag. :thumbsup:

:cool: Thanks. I've had it for a little while but I'm thinking of changing it to "JRTAHOE"or "TAHOEJR" since I have always considered the TrailBlazer the smaller version of a Tahoe but I'm still :undecided:

BINGA

Jun 8, 2012
ItsOnVoy said:
Oh man I had a interesting day because of that module lol be careful hooking it up because I blew two fuses from it not stating what's positive or negative. Just a heads up man! Does work really good tho, no buzzing no flicker and works like a charm :thumbsup: after the headache of hooking it up right tho lol

hey Sam, u got a pic of the module installed so maybe i could reference the orientation of the module so i don't have the same problem with blowing fuses? :wink: :pictures:

ItsOnVoy

Nov 21, 2011
BINGA said:
hey Sam, u got a pic of the module installed so maybe i could reference the orientation of the module so i don't have the same problem with blowing fuses? :wink: :pictures:

I wish I could but I cannot really help on that...heres the reason. One side that goes to the relay is only one way because of how the clips go on so that is fine no biggie. the other side is VERY poor with finding which side is which. I complained to the company and told them they are awful for that and that they cost me way more money then I should pay for some as stupid as color code what is positive or not. both sides are orange on it and they work both ways. Honestly its a trial and error I really wish I can tell you which is which but I cannot due to them being the same damn color and no hints to what is what. I'm sorry man, if anyone on here has installed that thing and knows the difference from which is plus and minus then please chime and call me the idiot and show me because I spend too long on that thing lol Maybe they can fix that for future models or make it nonpolar also!

mikeinDE

Jan 4, 2012
Some Bilstein HD's were on tap for today!!

(as for tomorrow,making the trek down to Mr. Andrew May's house. Gonna do the Quad Parks and we are gonna set up my Whelen's to be quick disco!! I'm glad that dude is a hop/skip/jump away)

Short Bus

Dec 2, 2011
07 TB RIDER said:
:cool: Thanks. I've had it for a little while but I'm thinking of changing it to "JRTAHOE"or "TAHOEJR" since I have always considered the TrailBlazer the smaller version of a Tahoe but I'm still :undecided:

How about "LIL HOE"

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Joe102938

Members Online