What did you do to your GMT today?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mark20

Dec 6, 2011
Took out what's left of the Voy's license plate LED lights. Each bulb has 5 LEDs. On one four are burned out and the other 2 are gone. Put the stock bulbs back, cheaper than getting a ticket. I'll have to buy bulbs from SuperBrightLeds.

Sparky

Dec 4, 2011
Mark20 said:
Took out what's left of the Voy's license plate LED lights. Each bulb has 5 LEDs. On one four are burned out and the other 2 are gone. Put the stock bulbs back, cheaper than getting a ticket. I'll have to buy bulbs from SuperBrightLeds.

Where were your old ones from? Ebay specials?

AV8ER

Apr 19, 2012
Voymom said:
Jinx much? lol

And to think someone on here told me to sell my 2003 and buy a 2006/2008 model :lipsrsealed: and I have only put a couple hundred bucks into mine so far. Just proves that I was right when I told this person that ANY make, model, and year can be a lemon. I'm sorry your having such a bad time with your truck. Hopefully you can get things running better soon.

I on the other hand pulled my rear HVAC fuse to try and reset the thing. I think my rear actuator is either going bad, or has taken a giant dump.

On the subject of rear HVAC, mine has to be set on the middle position (roof and floor) in the rear otherwise it makes a clanking sound, and the temperature can't be set full cold or full hot otherwise it makes a ticking sound. The temperature started ticking first then a month or so later the position started clanking too

Voymom

Feb 3, 2012
AV8ER said:
On the subject of rear HVAC, mine has to be set on the middle position (roof and floor) in the rear otherwise it makes a clanking sound, and the temperature can't be set full cold or full hot otherwise it makes a ticking sound. The temperature started ticking first then a month or so later the position started clanking too

That sounds pretty typical of the rear actuator going bad. In texas though I'd imagine you would want your A/C working full blast lol. I lived in Killeen for 4 years, and there was no way in hell I was driving with just the windows rolled down.

cody_s

Dec 6, 2011
Atlanta, GA
Finally put LEDs in the dash, still have to get two more, cause I was short some resistors, but so far I love the way it looks.
7252947946_9386a930a8_b.jpg

SBUBandit

Dec 5, 2011
cody_s said:
Finally put LEDs in the dash, still have to get two more, cause I was short some resistors, but so far I love the way it looks.

Looks very good. Just curious, seems like there are some hot spots here and there in the pic, probably where the LEDs are right behind them, would it help at all to sand the top of the LED to diffuse the light a little in those spots?

davenay67

Jan 16, 2012
Parked it. As in pulled it from DD duty. We will use it on weekends, especially when we need to carry loads from Menards, etc.

Money is a little tight right now, so my wife is driving my VW and I'm riding my bike to work. We drive about the same mileage each month give or take.

TrailBlazer = 17mpg

Kawasaki = 68mpg

Savings are roughly $170 a month in gas.

07ChevyTruck

Dec 5, 2011
cody_s said:
7252947946_9386a930a8_b.jpg

Looks great! :thumbsup:

I'm still waiting for part to get mine back to near 100%. :yes:

Voymom

Feb 3, 2012
I drove him, hit a curb and whacked the side view mirror off the mailbox. I'm scared to see how bad I pissed him off and exactly what will break tonight :lipsrsealed:

HARDTRAILZ

Nov 18, 2011
Urban Wheeling???

Voymom

Feb 3, 2012
CdnGMan said:
Ummm.. were you off-roading "city style" or something??? :rotfl:

We DEMAND details!!! :tongue:

No, no "city style" off roading, just pure stupidity and not paying attention lol. Went to pick up the older boy from school, realized the parking lot was full(I usually get there before everyone else) and had to make a sharp turn into a gravel area. In order to miss hitting the stop sign in the middle of the road, I had to make a wide turn....I didn't have a lot of clearance on the right side and ate the curb. It wasn't to bad, I drove on it and over it so no damage, just bumpy lol. On the way home I stopped to check the mail which is about 3 blocks from the house, and there are about oh 50 mailboxes or so. I have to get close as I'm really short, and I didn't realize how close I was until I smacked the side view mirror off a mailbox.

I think I should have stayed home today lol

On a good note, hubby reminded me that with Friday being the last day of school, I'll get to save a ton on gas, not having to take them and pick them up afterwards.

Blckshdw

Nov 20, 2011
Tampa Bay Area, FL
Voymom said:
...On the way home I stopped to check the mail which is about 3 blocks from the house, and there are about oh 50 mailboxes or so. I have to get close as I'm really short, and I didn't realize how close I was until I smacked the side view mirror off a mailbox.

I think I should have stayed home today lol

:confused: :undecided: :biggrin: No, what you SHOULD do, is install some power folding mirrors to give you those few extra inches to get closer!! :raspberry: :yes: :thumbsup:

Voymom

Feb 3, 2012
Blckshdw said:
:confused: :undecided: :biggrin: No, what you SHOULD do, is install some power folding mirrors to give you those few extra inches to get closer!! :raspberry: :yes: :thumbsup:

LOL hopefully I won't have this issue in July. If I get the house to pass inspections we should be closing then, and I won't need to worry about anything, except for backing into the house, or the tree when backing out of the garage....The house we are buying is my ex mother in laws house(on good terms for the kids) and she has lost a rear bumper, and 2 side view mirrors twice, from backing into the house and backing into the big tree. The drive path to the garage is pretty narrow, but we will be fixing that, as I SUCK at driving backwards lol

cody_s

Dec 6, 2011
Atlanta, GA
SBUBandit said:
Looks very good. Just curious, seems like there are some hot spots here and there in the pic, probably where the LEDs are right behind them, would it help at all to sand the top of the LED to diffuse the light a little in those spots?

There are some hot spots, but they aren't too terribly bad. Hadn't thought about sanding the top of the LEDs

03TB93

Mar 25, 2012
Jaked it up cause i got bored.. Later i decided to Get out the grease gun/WD-40 and do some general Maitnence. Fixed the squeking and crunching noise as well, Finally shes perfectly quiet :biggrin:

Attachments

• 0523121741.jpg
    0523121741.jpg
    90.5 KB · Views: 87

Short Bus

Dec 2, 2011
Voymom said:
LOL hopefully I won't have this issue in July. If I get the house to pass inspections we should be closing then, and I won't need to worry about anything, except for backing into the house, or the tree when backing out of the garage....The house we are buying is my ex mother in laws house(on good terms for the kids) and she has lost a rear bumper, and 2 side view mirrors twice, from backing into the house and backing into the big tree. The drive path to the garage is pretty narrow, but we will be fixing that, as I SUCK at driving lol

Fixed based on todays story LOL :raspberry:

03TB93

Mar 25, 2012
Canadian Mike said:
Finished installing HID's on the Voy! :wootwoot:

7258871214_b6537e2968_z_d.jpg

Sweet man :thumbsup: What Brightness are those? they look like the lower range (3000k ish) still really bright :cool:

STLtrailbSS

Dec 4, 2011
Showed my new co-workers what an SS is all about :satan: Love the new crew at my new job good times.

Canadian Mike

Dec 3, 2011
03TB93 said:
Sweet man :thumbsup: What Brightness are those? they look like the lower range (3000k ish) still really bright :cool:

Thanks, they're both 5000K. I think a night photo or better camera might be in the works.

SBUBandit

Dec 5, 2011
03TB93 said:

I thought they were 4300K when i first saw them, but looks like they are 5000K (different thread)

03TB93

Mar 25, 2012
:iagree: Either way, Very nice. Im sure the day time doesnt help how they look either. I believe you that there 5000k tho.. :tongue: haha

Wooluf1952

Nov 20, 2011
Milwaukee, Wisconsin
Voymom said:
I drove him, hit a curb and whacked the side view mirror off the mailbox. I'm scared to see how bad I pissed him off and exactly what will break tonight :lipsrsealed:

Mail boxes in Iowa have side view mirrors? :rotfl:

Sorry. I couldn't resist.

AV8ER

Apr 19, 2012
I took mine through the carwash at the HEB because i am lazy. Then put blind spot mirrors on it and cleaned the front end with pledge!

HARDTRAILZ

Nov 18, 2011
Little tweaking/final work on rear bumper.

May 24, 2012
i have filled up yhe tank .and change the gas from 93# to 97#:smile:

[And got my sorry ass banned by the Roadie for spamming.....]

Denali n DOO

May 22, 2012
Denali n DOO said:
I left mine in the garage today so it doesn't break anymore! Way too many flippin issues with this vehicle, $$$$, $$$$ and more $$$$! I keep thinking finally its fixed and then something else goes. Still got the bump when stopped, upper ball joint going and now $1000 to get tailgate issues solved. Thats only whats outstanding, rediculous is everything else thats gone wrong and been repaired already including a new motor!!! :hissyfit:

Well there ya go, I did take it out of the garage to go get the windshield changed. Kinda hot today so I look at the outside temp to see just how hot and it says 16:crazy:its more list 26-27. So being as I took it out, just like I said something else will go wrong :hissyfit:and it did:hissyfit:guess I jinxed myself.

Hotness

Dec 7, 2011
rmsg0040 said:
Rear seat headrests removed and removable rear seat mod.

OffRoad TB - View topic - Removable rear seats

PS: best place to find the cotterless hitch pins in boltsplus here in toronto (they have multiple locations across canada), I searched princessauto, canadiantire, homedepot, and lowes with no luck.

One of my favorite mods. I ordered mine from McMaster Carr. We order from them almost everyday at work so I just tacked it on the order.

07ChevyTruck

Dec 5, 2011
Ordered last part to hopfully get my truck running like a champ again. :crazy:

mikeinDE

Jan 4, 2012
07ChevyTruck said:
Ordered last part to hopfully get my truck running like a champ again. :crazy:

good luck Jim :thumbsup:

rmsg0040

Dec 10, 2011
Hotness said:
One of my favorite mods. I ordered mine from McMaster Carr. We order from them almost everyday at work so I just tacked it on the order.

Did you reuse those plastic pieces or dumped them. I put them back on.

07ChevyTruck

Dec 5, 2011
mikeinDE said:
good luck Jim :thumbsup:

Thanks Mike. :thumbsup: Nothing drives me more :crazy: than when my truck isn't putting a :biggrin: on my face.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
I290

Members Online