What did you do to your GMT today?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Blckshdw

Nov 20, 2011
Tampa Bay Area, FL
STLtrailbSS said:
IMAG0374.jpg

Caption for this pic: "Someone needs to get over here and fill up my trailer 'this high' while I supervise!!" :biggrin:

Boricua SS said:
well i was at the dealership, and they decided not to tear down the new motor... they want me to drive it for up to 5000 miles... :eek::eek: my guess is, after the 5k miles, if the motor is still making the noise, theyre gonna say "well, its lasted this long, so it must be a normal noise for the new motor"

at the rate that she sees road time, i'll barely have 2,000 miles on her by the time i go to put her up in storage for winter.... oh well, i'll have her for all the meets this season :yes:

:undecided: I think I know of a way you could rack up those miles this fall before it's time for storage. BoTieSS should be able to fill in some details here :yes:

Boricua SS

Nov 20, 2011
Ohio
Blckshdw said:
:undecided: I think I know of a way you could rack up those miles this fall before it's time for storage. BoTieSS should be able to fill in some details here :yes:

touche :crackup:

but this year im saving to go to Aruba to visit my grandfather in November.. so i think FLA will be out of the question for me...

fletch09

Nov 20, 2011
Boricua SS said:
well i was at the dealership, and they decided not to tear down the new motor... they want me to drive it for up to 5000 miles... :eek::eek: my guess is, after the 5k miles, if the motor is still making the noise, theyre gonna say "well, its lasted this long, so it must be a normal noise for the new motor"

at the rate that she sees road time, i'll barely have 2,000 miles on her by the time i go to put her up in storage for winter.... oh well, i'll have her for all the meets this season :yes:

these guy's seem like they have been good to you but, what about a second opinion from another garage or dealer.
just for your peace of mind while you rack up those 5,000 miles. :twocents:

Boricua SS

Nov 20, 2011
Ohio
fletch09 said:
these guy's seem like they have been good to you but, what about a second opinion from another garage or dealer.
just for your peace of mind while you rack up those 5,000 miles. :twocents:

they have been very good... which is why im being patient... they didnt have to do what they did due to them knowing what i do with the truck :lipsrsealed:...

so we'll just wiat and see... if worse comes to worse, everything is covered under warranty..

07ChevyTruck

Dec 5, 2011
Ordered some part to get my truck back to 100%. Seems I lacked in some maint. and need to replace a hose. :yes:

Blckshdw

Nov 20, 2011
Tampa Bay Area, FL
Got my ELM327 in the mail today, so played with it a lil bit on the commute home. Lots of options to sift through, and see what I want to display :book: Then will compare/contrast with my Scangauge and see which one I wanna keep. :yaay:

07ChevyTruck

Dec 5, 2011
Just got word. My new battery is in. :biggrin:

STLtrailbSS

Dec 4, 2011
Blckshdw said:
Got my ELM327 in the mail today, so played with it a lil bit on the commute home. Lots of options to sift through, and see what I want to display :book: Then will compare/contrast with my Scangauge and see which one I wanna keep. :yaay:

ELM32's Maybe the greatest invention of the century. :thumbsup::wootwoot:

SBUBandit

Dec 5, 2011
Blckshdw said:

What software are you using with the ELM? I've been wanting to get one myself, just keep putting it off

Blckshdw

Nov 20, 2011
Tampa Bay Area, FL
STLtrailbSS said:
ELM32's Maybe the greatest invention of the century. :thumbsup::wootwoot:

:biggrin: I dunno, I gotta rank the HD DVR pretty high up there too, along with direct deposit! :rotfl:

SBUBandit said:
What software are you using with the ELM? I've been wanting to get one myself, just keep putting it off

Got the Torque pro app for my phone. If I would have had an Android phone before (had a Windows phone at the time), I would have probably gone this route instead of with the Scangauge just for the cost savings alone. :undecided:

SBUBandit

Dec 5, 2011
Blckshdw said:
Got the Torque pro app for my phone. If I would have had an Android phone before (had a Windows phone at the time), I would have probably gone this route instead of with the Scangauge just for the cost savings alone. :undecided:

I'm looking more for something to run on my laptop. I won't normally keep it in the truck, but I'd like to be able to occasionally use it.

Blckshdw

Nov 20, 2011
Tampa Bay Area, FL
SBUBandit said:
I'm looking more for something to run on my laptop. I won't normally keep it in the truck, but I'd like to be able to occasionally use it.

Ahh, gotcha. Here's some stuff Bill posted a couple weeks ago, maybe this will help if you haven't seen it already.

the roadie said:

Decembersend

Dec 3, 2011
]I'll get some daytime pics tomorrow after I do some touch ups and what not

The day before I started to paint
View attachment 20982
Started painting and then I realized I didn't have enough paint. So I had to wait until payday. Plus the paper was a pita
View attachment 20984
View attachment 20983
View attachment 20985
The paint looks bad in this shot but it turns out it was just water from the sprinklers
View attachment 20990
View attachment 20981
View attachment 20988
View attachment 20989
View attachment 20987
View attachment 20986
View attachment 20979
View attachment 20980

Attachments

• M1620001.jpg
    M1620001.jpg
    54.7 KB · Views: 12
  • M1620003.jpg
    M1620003.jpg
    47.8 KB · Views: 12
  • M1620007.jpg
    M1620007.jpg
    82.5 KB · Views: 12
  • IMG_1146.jpg
    IMG_1146.jpg
    97.2 KB · Views: 13
  • IMG_1161.jpg
    IMG_1161.jpg
    96.3 KB · Views: 13
  • IMG_1162.jpg
    IMG_1162.jpg
    92.3 KB · Views: 13
  • IMG_1168.jpg
    IMG_1168.jpg
    96.4 KB · Views: 14
  • IMG_1187.jpg
    IMG_1187.jpg
    92.5 KB · Views: 13
  • IMG_1188.jpg
    IMG_1188.jpg
    86.1 KB · Views: 12
  • IMG_1189.jpg
    IMG_1189.jpg
    98 KB · Views: 13
  • IMG_1190.jpg
    IMG_1190.jpg
    80.5 KB · Views: 13
  • IMG_1191.jpg
    IMG_1191.jpg
    96.7 KB · Views: 14

rppoit

Apr 11, 2012
Decembersend said:
]I'll get some daytime pics tomorrow after I do some touch ups and what not

:thumbsup:
Looks good. what paint did you use? Was there any prep work besides taping off the tires/body? Something I've been thinking of doing a lot lately.

Decembersend

Dec 3, 2011
rppoit said:
:thumbsup:
Looks good. what paint did you use? Was there any prep work besides taping off the tires/body? Something I've been thinking of doing a lot lately.

I used this paint here and I picked it up from Advance Auto parts. Four of each total, I know that might be a little overboard but I wanted it to look decent. I prepped it with my dremel plus 320grit sandpaper. I know that may seem a little rough but my rims were bad in a lot of places and I couldn't get them smooth enough.

Attachments

• M1620009.jpg
    M1620009.jpg
    88.2 KB · Views: 9

Decembersend

Dec 3, 2011
CdnGMan said:
Nice work... wouldn't it have been easier to take the rims off the truck and paint them in the garage or something?? :undecided:

Thank you. It def. would have, but I'm lifted and I don't have a jack that'll reach :rotfl:

Wooluf1952

Nov 20, 2011
Milwaukee, Wisconsin
It does look good and here's to hoping you never get a flat tire. :wink:

HARDTRAILZ

Nov 18, 2011
Decembersend said:
Thank you. It def. would have, but I'm lifted and I don't have a jack that'll reach :rotfl:

You bought a lift and a bumper but you dont even have a jack to use on your truck...Sad, truly sad. I despise wheeling with un-prepared people like you. Time to re-evaluate priorities.

My 20 dollar 2 ton floor jack will lift mine since the big jack popped a seal, plus I got a hi-lift just in case...

Blckshdw

Nov 20, 2011
Tampa Bay Area, FL
HARDTRAILZ said:
You bought a lift and a bumper but you dont even have a jack to use on your truck...Sad, truly sad. I despise wheeling with un-prepared people like you. Time to re-evaluate priorities.

My 20 dollar 2 ton floor jack will lift mine since the big jack popped a seal, plus I got a hi-lift just in case...

Since you didn't know... Because he doesn't have everything he needs to go offroading, he hasn't gone wheeling in his truck yet.

HARDTRAILZ

Nov 18, 2011
Blckshdw said:
Since you didn't know... Because he doesn't have everything he needs to go offroading, he hasn't gone wheeling in his truck yet.

Doesnt make the lack of jack for basic maintenence issue any less. Spending 100s of dollars modding a vehicle you cant even maintain properly is still poor form. Not wheeling is at least kinda positive.

Could have bought a jack with the money spent on the rim paint...

2 Ton Compact Trolley Jack Works on mine while the big jack is getting repaired.

Edit: 4x$8.49= $33.96 and 4x$6.29= $25.16
$59.12 before taxes for paint... You can get a nice big jack for that...

Decembersend

Dec 3, 2011
I haven't really needed a jack until now. Most of the time when I'm working on my TB at home I can fit under it :biggrin:. Not to worry tho it is something I want just trying to justify the need for it ATM.

Now that I'm making a little bit more I'll be able to afford gas and go offloading :cool:

HARDTRAILZ

Nov 18, 2011
Decembersend said:
I haven't really needed a jack until now. Most of the time when I'm working on my TB at home I can fit under it :biggrin:. Not to worry tho it is something I want just trying to justify the need for it ATM.

Now that I'm making a little bit more I'll be able to afford gas and go offloading :cool:

How do you justify needing spray paint more than a jack?

Decembersend

Dec 3, 2011
HARDTRAILZ said:
How do you justify needing spray paint more than a jack?

Well I hate buying stuff more then once, so when I buy my jack its not going to be cheap. I want to be able to use it on any vehicle for years to come, it'll at least have to be a 3-4ton plus stands and will prob. cost close to $200 I'm guessing.

Plus my rims looked like crap and I had to see them everyday.

07ChevyTruck

Dec 5, 2011
So far none of my other parts came in. :frown:

rmsg0040

Dec 10, 2011
drove it to buffalo to pick up some tools and car parts. More notably the dorman transmission pan with drain plug.

07ChevyTruck

Dec 5, 2011
rmsg0040 said:
drove it to buffalo to pick up some tools and car parts. More notably the dorman transmission pan with drain plug.

Sounds pretty sweet. :cool:

HARDTRAILZ

Nov 18, 2011
rmsg0040 said:
More notably the dorman transmission pan with drain plug.

Wish I woulda swapped my pan when i changed filters. Be nice to drain it again and add in some fresh fluid without dropping the whole thing

Sparky

Dec 4, 2011
I'm thinking I should have done the same, if for no other reason than to make it a cleaner job.

Denali n DOO

May 22, 2012
I left mine in the garage today so it doesn't break anymore! Way too many flippin issues with this vehicle, $$$$, $$$$ and more $$$$! I keep thinking finally its fixed and then something else goes. Still got the bump when stopped, upper ball joint going and now $1000 to get tailgate issues solved. Thats only whats outstanding, rediculous is everything else thats gone wrong and been repaired already including a new motor!!! :hissyfit:

Voymom

Feb 3, 2012
Wooluf1952 said:
It does look good and here's to hoping you never get a flat tire. :wink:

Jinx much? lol

Denali n DOO said:
I left mine in the garage today so it doesn't break anymore! Way too many flippin issues with this vehicle, $$$$, $$$$ and more $$$$! I keep thinking finally its fixed and then something else goes. Still got the bump when stopped, upper ball joint going and now $1000 to get tailgate issues solved. Thats only whats outstanding, rediculous is everything else thats gone wrong and been repaired already including a new motor!!! :hissyfit:

And to think someone on here told me to sell my 2003 and buy a 2006/2008 model :lipsrsealed: and I have only put a couple hundred bucks into mine so far. Just proves that I was right when I told this person that ANY make, model, and year can be a lemon. I'm sorry your having such a bad time with your truck. Hopefully you can get things running better soon.

I on the other hand pulled my rear HVAC fuse to try and reset the thing. I think my rear actuator is either going bad, or has taken a giant dump.

rmsg0040

Dec 10, 2011
HARDTRAILZ said:
Wish I woulda swapped my pan when i changed filters. Be nice to drain it again and add in some fresh fluid without dropping the whole thing

IMO its worth the money, just under $37 on rockauto, one time install, then you can drain it every year and add new fluid. Thats what I plan to do.

mapanch

Dec 2, 2011
Washed and partially waxed. Ran out of wax - still gotta do the roof, right side and the front bumper. Knew I should have done my truck before my sisters' car. :hissyfit: Oh well, it'll just get washed and completely waxed later in the week.
View attachment 21014

Attachments

• GetAttachment.aspx.jpg
    GetAttachment.aspx.jpg
    11.3 KB · Views: 70

Sparky

Dec 4, 2011
Replaced my broken passenger rear upper trailing arm then took it for a short drive. Rear feels much more normal, but it still needs a front end alignment. To drive straight I have to hold the wheel to the right.

View attachment 21016

I still wish I knew what I hit.

Attachments

• outofwhack.jpg
    outofwhack.jpg
    56 KB · Views: 5

Canadian Mike

Dec 3, 2011
Half way through installing VVME 5000k HID's. Got the lows in and will do the fogs later this week.

SBUBandit

Dec 5, 2011
rmsg0040 said:

Next time you are in Buffalo, looks up Mayback's Deli, on Niagara Falls Boulevard in Tonawanda. Awesome sandwiches and fries

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
I290

Members Online