What did you do to your GMT today?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Canadian Mike

Dec 3, 2011
Picked up a load of pelletized lime. Got a great deal. $4.49/15kg bag down from $4.99. I was only going to get 5 bags. Salesclerk offered 9 of them [with small holes in each] for $6.78 taxes in! :wootwoot:

07ChevyTruck

Dec 5, 2011
Canadian Mike said:
Picked up a load of pelletized lime. Got a great deal. $4.49/15kg bag down from $4.99. I was only going to get 5 bags. Salesclerk offered 9 of them [with small holes in each] for $6.78 taxes in! :wootwoot:

Not bad, but will you use all of those bags???? :undecided:

My left front tire on the 07 is still making me nervous. I keep feeling like the tire is going down but when I look at it the tire is just fine. I gotta stop driving myself :crazy: over this.

Short Bus

Dec 2, 2011
07ChevyTruck said:

My left front tire on the 07 is still making me nervous. I keep feeling like the tire is going down but when I check the air pressure the tire is just fine. I gotta stop driving myself :crazy: over this.

Fixed, I hope!!! Looking at it does little good.

Canadian Mike

Dec 3, 2011
07ChevyTruck said:

Oh yeah.

Canadian Mike said:
I was only going to get 5 bags.

Takes about 4-5 bags per season. Spring spreading this weekend, the rest in the Fall.

07ChevyTruck

Dec 5, 2011
Short Bus said:
Fixed, I hope!!! Looking at it does little good.

Had my tire place take out the machine screw and plug the whole, but still not riding right. I think it's just me because I've looked over the tire and under the truck and can't find anything wrong. :crazy:

tbuckalew14

Nov 20, 2011
Would have done the big 3 today...how the hell do you get to the bolt on the alt without removing the alternator completely? I tried reaching through the wheel well and standing on my grill guard going straight down. I can feel the rubber cover, just can't get a grip to pull it off. :mad:

Me007gold

Nov 20, 2011
tbuckalew14 said:
Would have done the big 3 today...how the hell do you get to the bolt on the alt without removing the alternator completely? I tried reaching through the wheel well and standing on my grill guard going straight down. I can feel the rubber cover, just can't get a grip to pull it off. :mad:

Can you come up from the bottom?

LordBear

Dec 22, 2011
had a new windshield put in since there other had a couple of big rock fractures and then a crack that ran halfway across it... the way it was when i bought it..

found a good set of tires in craigslist for $180 in vancouver 45 min from where i lived so i gave them a call asked them if they still had the exact set still for sale that they have in there ad and since they did asked them if they could hold them for me for an hour or so since thats how long its going to take me to get there and there like no problem.. so i made the drive in there and asked one guy he had no clue so then he took me to the lady at the desk and told her that i had called in and she just kinda ignored what i said that then had me talk to another guy... the whole time there blaben back in forth in spanish bout something... figured out why later.... so i told them again that the who story bout me calling and the tires from there ad i wanted.. so hes like ok..goes up stairs and starts tossing them down.. so i take a look at them...im like hey wait a min..this isnt the tires... same name and tread.. but these were balder than the ones already had on my car... and i ask the wheres the tires u guys said u were going to hold for me... they sold them before i even called them .. and then continues to try and sell me the chit tires and im pissed off and told them you wasted my freaking time for this chit? and start walking out and hear him still trying to sell them to me ... not even sure if they had those tires for sale now....think there just useing them to bring people in and sell them chit... think that was what half there conversation in spanish was about.. stupid pricks..and they still got the add up..

stay away from the business in vancouver washington...

VANCOUVER TIRES & WHEEL SHOP
10317 SE MILL PLAIN BLVD 98664

Dec 19, 2011
Canadian Mike said:

You can't over lime! I put 80 lbs of lime in my front yard and another 80 lbs in the back yard. I do the same with my client's yards. You will be able to tell a difference come summer. The yard will be much greener than previous years.:yes:

- Owner of Walker Landscape Group
Walker Landscape Group | Facebook

SBUBandit

Dec 5, 2011
tbuckalew14 said:

When you figure it out, let me know, then maybe I'll do mine

MAY03LT

Original poster
Nov 18, 2011
Delmarva
tbuckalew14 said:
Would have done the big 3 today...how the hell do you get to the bolt on the alt without removing the alternator completely?

I saw my dude ShawnAndrewMac from the OS do it at Carlisle a few years back with the alt in place, so it can be done. I can not do that, no way, no sir, no how. I unbolt the alt and rotate it. I've done enough that it isn't a big deal anymore.

fadyasha

Dec 21, 2011
Gotta new Fuel cap because the one purchased while back turned out to be for another car! who would figure!

In attempt to keeping my car thought would look around for some rims in the 6x5.5 bolt pattern and would just get some adapters. The market here sucks! it's filled with chinese rims! nothing worth getting! Besides that they sell mainly replicas of OEM wheels!

Now if I wanna get accessory rims they mainly come in 20's and chrome! Not to mention will cost me a whole lot of cash, i'm better off buying them off the internet in our bolt pattern then have them shipped here lol! it costs about the same.

IHZ05VOY

Dec 8, 2011
Thanx to MAY03LT videos I was able to change the spark plugs, clean the throttle body. I also changed my ignition switch. :wootwoot:

Matt

Dec 2, 2011
I will be washing it inside and out, cleaning the tb and doing an exterior mod that I will post later.

HARDTRAILZ

Nov 18, 2011
Yesterday it got the bumper cover back on but no hitch. Just seemed easiest to pop it on to haul it to storage.

MAY03LT

Original poster
Nov 18, 2011
Delmarva
432d8663.jpg

I had a problem with this HID relay harness. The left low beam would intermittently lose the B+ signal from the relay output. So, I revamped the B+ circuits from the relay output to both 9006 connectors. Going to reinstall it as well as the HIDs here in a few.

hitman

Jan 25, 2012
MAY03LT said:
432d8663.jpg

I had a problem with this HID relay harness. The left low beam would intermittently lose the B+ signal from the relay output. So, I revamped the B+ circuits from the relay output to both 9006 connectors. Going to reinstall it as well as the HIDs here in a few.

Product placement at its best:thumbsup:

smitty5150

Nov 18, 2011
Got my first round of parts for the s10. A 2/3 drop kit(coils and blocks) with nitrogen drop shocks on all for corners. New sway bar end links. Steering box rebuild kit. Timing cover/gasket set. Intake manifold gasket set. 180* stat. Fresh round of fluids. Hopefully I can get most of that done this weekend. Then itll be intake/exhaust time, and body work + rattle can matte black for a few months while I figure out a final paint and interior scheme.

TheBad

Dec 4, 2011
Cleaned the Throttle Body today, single biggest improvement I've done so far. 1st time it's been done, 145,000 mi.:thumbsup:

BOOMERZ

Dec 5, 2011
Replaced a set of blown low beam hid bulbs , also installed hi beam 8k hids / 6k in lows / 3k in fogs .
Ordered a front bull bar , but still looking for the rear bar that covers the bumper for the 02 all i see are the ones for the 07 - up i have the bumper with the step not the solid bumper :sadcry:

Sparky

Dec 4, 2011
Build your own that are stronger?

TollKeeper

Supporting Donor
Dec 3, 2011
Brighton, CO
I followed it to my wifes work.. I miss driving my Voy.. But until the body shop finishes there screw up with her car.. I get to drive this Eco-BUSTED Ford F150..

Still cant beleive this thing is only getting 13.5 MPG. My Voy with a v8 gets better than this..

Uncle Blazer

Dec 8, 2011
picking up some wipers over lunch today, maybe Rain-X the windows this weekend if the weather holds out. She needs a bath, maybe squeeze that in there also.

Dec 19, 2011
Uncle Blazer said:
picking up some wipers over lunch today, maybe Rain-X the windows this weekend if the weather holds out. She needs a bath, maybe squeeze that in there also.

As a storm chaser... No I'm not Reed Timmer!:crazy: I switched to Bosch Icon wiper blades. They are a bit expensive but I estimate they will last a few good years. I then put rain-x on the windshield and windows to help the water bead up and off of the glass surface.

For ANYONE who used Rain-X washer fluid, you will likely have to clean your washer nozzles or replace them. The Rain-x has a synthetic wax in it, and over time that wax builds up in the washer "heads" if you will. Yes, it's convenient at the time you wash your windshield, however you will more than likely run into the problem in the future. I have switched back to using regular washer fluid. I already have Rain-X on my windshield, why would I need more?

On a side note, what I did to the Trailblazer today was dismantle the area under the steering wheel after I smelled wires melting. Truck was off all day yesterday, and when I opened the drivers door today I about fell over. I found where the connection had melted the insulation on the wires and replaced the areas with new wire. I ran the truck with all of the electronics on afterwards and did not have the smell coming out like it was earlier. Since I had the whole area taken apart I went ahead and wired my new air horn up and ran a direct power line to the battery. It is so much louder than it was when I ran it on the power under the back seat. The truck still smells a bit like burnt wires... I am taking my girlfriend tonight to go see a concert (actually meet and hang out with the artists) We'll be taking my truck.. so hopefully by 5 ish this evening my truck will have aired out some. I may pick up an air freshener on the way to pick her up if it still smells. It was the wiring to my CB radio that was melting. Got some advice on future wiring from an electrical engineer that my family knows. So one of these days I will likely re-wire everything. I'm just glad that there wasn't a fire.

For those who do their own electrical work... if you are joining to wires together, forget about the electrical tape. Do it right the first time and use the proper sized butt splices.

silverunicorn

Dec 4, 2011
Bigbadbowtie08 said:
For those who do their own electrical work... if you are joining to wires together, forget about the electrical tape. Do it right the first time and solder the wires and heat shrink rather thanuse the proper sized butt splices.

Fixed that for ya :smile:

Glad you did not have a fire.

Chris

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
I290

Members Online