Not open for further replies.

MDBT

Jan 26, 2012
silvernclean said:
Very nice...:thumbsup:

ItsOnVoy said:
Nice man! :thumbsup: Saabs are nice looking trucks :yes:

TexazReece said:
That's gotta be one of the nicest saab I've seen :thumbsup: I also have some husky liners on the way

Thanks guys. I was back and forth on the liners, but in the end decided the husky was the better compromise.

hitman

Jan 25, 2012
Blckshdw said:
What did I do to it today? I apologized to it the entire morning commute... :ugh: Why you ask? Because I tried to be fancy and do a TXBlazer inspired paint mod on my mirrors, and it came out way too dark. Weird thing is, it's the same rattle can of body color paint that I used to match my crossbar a while back, and that looks fine. (no primer, painted straight on the chrome) :confused: I used grey primer (so I could sand it down smooth), maybe I should have used a white primer instead? Any thoughts?

DarkMirrors1.jpg

DarkMirrors2.jpg

Im guessing the mirrors were black thus you would have a darker base so it would appear darker.

Blckshdw

Nov 20, 2011
Tampa Bay Area, FL
I hit them with some gray primer first, 2 coats, with some sanding in between to smooth them out. Figured since the colors were close, I would avoid having the darker shade for that very reason.

PrimeredMirros.jpg

I suppose I could strip them down, and use a lighter color primer, but I don't think I have enough body color paint left to do the whole job again :frown: Maybe I should sand down the clear coat and let the FL summer sun do some fading for me? :undecided: :crazy:

05tbowner

Feb 8, 2012
I cleaned it today. While doing so, I popped the hood open, and somehow, the decals on my K and N CAI came off? The chrome is now all messed up, so I painted it with the only paint I had laying around. A matte green. I kind of want my Trailblazer to have a ARMY theme, but anyway. This is what it looked like when I opened the hood:
CAI001.jpg

And this is what it looks like now:
CAI002.jpg

Might not be a permanent color, but it looks better than it did. It sucks because I actually did like the chrome...

fireman4215

Dec 18, 2011
Installed new BDS rear shocks and put some new z71 coils in the rear. Im putting new Bilsteins in the front tomorrow morning will snap pics tomorrow when i finish that.

gmcman

Dec 12, 2011
Finally swapped the stockers for some HD's. What was I waiting for.

Attachments

• 100MEDIA_IMAG0058.jpg
    100MEDIA_IMAG0058.jpg
    23.9 KB · Views: 112

07ChevyTruck

Dec 5, 2011
gmcman said:
Finally swapped the stockers for some HD's. What was I waiting for.

How is the truck riding? :undecided:

gmcman

Dec 12, 2011
07ChevyTruck said:
How is the truck riding? :undecided:

Not as noisy :biggrin:

I was thinking it would be a harsh ride but not a chance. I really wish I had done this a couple years ago, the front end was crashing over the larger bumps now it's quiet.

07ChevyTruck

Dec 5, 2011
gmcman said:
Not as noisy :biggrin:

I was thinking it would be a harsh ride but not a chance. I really wish I had done this a couple years ago, the front end was crashing over the larger bumps now it's quiet.

Nice! :biggrin: Glad to see your work paid off so well. :cool:

Uncle Blazer

Dec 8, 2011
spend a little time over lunch shopping for something to take care of my little rust problem. anyone have a quick suggestion? feel free to PM me to keep this thread on topic(ish).

Attachments

• IMG-20120410-00072.jpg
    IMG-20120410-00072.jpg
    93.9 KB · Views: 10

Sparky

Dec 4, 2011
Drove it and my head unit is cutting out after a few minutes of driving. Turning the engine off will make it kick back on again for a couple minutes, then it shuts down again :confused: I think my GMOS adapter is fritzing out :poke:

ItsOnVoy

Nov 21, 2011
TheBad said:
Plasti dipped my pillars, and restored my rear steps with heat.

212.jpg

thats funny, us envoy owners get rid of our black pillars and you put on black pillars lol

Short Bus

Dec 2, 2011
TheBad said:
Plasti dipped my pillars, and restored my rear steps with heat.

212.jpg

Can I get a closer shot of the pillars?

BTW nice Vette!!!

STLtrailbSS

Dec 4, 2011
IMAG0351.jpg

IMAG0350.jpg

Look blue but thats white
Also ordered all my diff change stuff got to pick it up at advanced tomorrow.

Mark20

Dec 6, 2011
Discovered one of my license plate LED bulbs has several LEDs not lighting. Need to look closer at it.

Short Bus

Dec 2, 2011
Thank you. Looks good:thumbsup: Now I need to get some Plasti Dip

Matt

Dec 2, 2011
Put new Bilstein HD's on the rear (fronts on Saturday) and adjusted the park brake.

STLtrailbSS

Dec 4, 2011
dif fluid change guy gave me a deal on friction modifier cause he liked my truck $7.50 lol
IMAG0354.jpg

IMAG0355.jpg

HARDTRAILZ

Nov 18, 2011
STLtrailbSS said:
dif fluid change guy gave me a deal on friction modifier cause he liked my truck $7.50 lol

Doesnt the mobil one have the modifier in it already?

STLtrailbSS

Dec 4, 2011
HARDTRAILZ said:
Doesnt the mobil one have the modifier in it already?
Thats what I thought but guys have had issues on TBSSowners running Mobil 1 only and after searching on Mobils website some guy asked a question about if it is GM compliant for his corvette and mobil themselves said that the modifier is usually needed so I put it in. Me and Jham had this exact conversation last night lol

GotAir?

Jan 7, 2012
Got my new A/C compressor in and charged up today, finally! Found out that there was a tire plug in my lower radiator hose, so changed that, got a slight rip in my rear cv axle boot, got a new boot but ran outta time to change it, and changed the oil! Lol:biggrin:

03TB93

Mar 25, 2012
STLtrailbSS said:
IMAG0354.jpg

IMAG0355.jpg

hey man, how hard was that to do?? how do u refill it?? sorry not meaning to tread hi jack.. just curious. i may try to do that one weekend. :thumbsup:

fr34kout

Jan 6, 2012
See the bottle on the left side of the trunk with the pump and hose on it? You attach that to your bottle of gear oil and pump it into the diff. Takes a litttle while to get it all out but that's pretty much the only way lol

STLtrailbSS

Dec 4, 2011
I have a drain and fill plug but I just took the cover off for the hell of it to check things out and check the magnets for shavings and plus get a new gasket in there it should be easier on a normal TB it was a little annoying with my dual exhaust. But really not hard I was suprised everything went so smoothly. I would just pull the cover to make the draining much easier then just fill it up. make sure you can get the fill plug out before you go pulling the cover lol. Idk if those tbs have a drain??

MrDJ

Dec 4, 2011
Waxahachie, TX
Today, when I drove it home from college, I took my sub box and built a shelf for it to sit on. I was having a hard time opening the bottom compartment so I wanted to get the box off of it.

Hotness

Dec 7, 2011
MrDJ said:
Today, when I drove it home from college, I took my sub box and built a shelf for it to sit on. I was having a hard time opening the bottom compartment so I wanted to get the box off of it.

Got any pics?

SBUBandit

Dec 5, 2011
STLtrailbSS said:
Idk if those tbs have a drain??

I believe up through 05 have a drain plug. I know they are gone before 06. I ended up having to take mine in when I changed everything over to Royal Purple, my fill plug was loctited in. Even from the pit underneath the guy needed a huge breaker bar to get it. I twisted an extension into a pretzel when I tried. Until I exchanged it for a new one I had a 2 inch extension that said Craftsman in a spiral down the side.

HARDTRAILZ

Nov 18, 2011
SBUBandit said:
I believe up through 05 have a drain plug. I know they are gone before 06. I ended up having to take mine in when I changed everything over to Royal Purple, my fill plug was loctited in. Even from the pit underneath the guy needed a huge breaker bar to get it. I twisted an extension into a pretzel when I tried. Until I exchanged it for a new one I had a 2 inch extension that said Craftsman in a spiral down the side.

An impact works well on the fill plug. The vibration really helps. I twisted off a couple extentions then used an impact and right out it came.

SBUBandit

Dec 5, 2011
HARDTRAILZ said:
An impact works well on the fill plug. The vibration really helps. I twisted off a couple extentions then used an impact and right out it came.

I'll keep that in mind for next time, although it should be awhile. I don't put very many miles on the TB. Had it 3 years now, and just hit 26K since i bought it

HARDTRAILZ

Nov 18, 2011
I average more than that a year

Canadian Mike

Dec 3, 2011
Took my empty whoobbly pops to the redemption center. Not as much this time as I could see out the passenger window.

Matt

Dec 2, 2011
Said Bilsteins being buttoned up.

View attachment 20312

Big thank you to JosueLT for the getting it done...thanks mate!!

Attachments

• 2012-04-14_09-25-41_326.jpg
    2012-04-14_09-25-41_326.jpg
    34.7 KB · Views: 109

jrSS

Dec 4, 2011
Just got my new belltech decals in the mail today. Don't know if I like em or not. Bought them from a guy on ebay for 2.99. Well here some pics.
46088986-ac03-7c51.jpg

Close up. They have a weird texture
46088986-ac3c-8000.jpg

From 5 ft away they look good. Close up. Blah

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
I290

Members Online