What did you do to your GMT today?

Sparky

Much rather a busted end link than a bad joint or bushing. Easier and cheaper to deal with.

gpking

The brush guard project continues. The mounts are probably about 75% complete. They mount up as expected, so now I just need to make some minor modifications because I don't like the way the hardware attaches from mount to guard (and my measurements were a bit sloppy anyway so this change will help disguise that).
I think I'd like the hardware to line up vertically now, not horizontally as it would with the OEM's mounts. IMO that will make the mounting stronger.
Hopefully I can get this done before the end of the month... Every time I test fit this I think "man this will be cool when it's done".

Attachments

TollKeeper

Installed a new MAF. Check engine light has been doing this on and off thing for months. Yesterday it created drive-ability problems. New MAF, no light, driving problems gone.

Sparky

Last night I resealed my 3rd brake light that has been fogging up when it rains. Also ordered new sway bar links and bushings.

gpking

Replaced the fuel filter while troubleshooting an annoying extended crank that has developed over the last 2 weeks (coinciding with an oil change, which freaked me out at first). It seems pressure is slowly bleeding off. Priming 2x starts almost normally. Starts fine when hot.
I get a fuel smell sometimes, but no noticable fuel leaks anywhere yet. Regulator looks dry as a bone.
I'm hoping the pump isn't going bad but it definitely seems like a leak...

Reprise

Lifetime VIP Supporter
Sold it! :woohoo: (the 'old' tan Sierra).
FINALLY, I can move on with plans!

Couple this with the 30% reduction in my taxes when I filed this last weekend, based on what I originally thought I was going to be paying...and I should probably go buy lottery tickets :rotfl:

Blckshdw

Drove it over an hour, home from the stealership. A lot of it is probably paranoia, but every little noise had me checking gauges the whole way home. The truck drives pretty sluggish now, so I'm thinking they flashed over my tune. :mad: Luckily I have the files in my email, so one of these weekends will have to get with JimmyJam to redo that.

The technician came out to the service desk, and wanted to chat about all the mods that I had done, for about 10 minutes. Was pretty cool. He says he has 2 TBs, and wanted to know where I got stuff, and got my ideas. :undecided: "Well, you see there's this community of awesome individuals, that help each other out, and share ideas of cool stuff that they do to their rides...." :biggrin:

Thought I would make it back into town before traffic got too horrible, but there was a motorcycle accident right at one of the choke points where 4 lanes split off into 3 directions, that have people trying to merge at the last minute as it is. Started monitoring temps, and was a little alarmed at how high they got. I also had the AC running, which I usually don't do when I'm riding solo, so I'm betting that had something to do with it. Outside temp sensor was reading 98*.

Usually I run between 195 and 200, with the transmission about 20 degrees cooler. After I got moving again, coolant got down to 206, and after a brief stop at the grocery store, 202. We'll see how it looks on the commute to work tomorrow. After things cool down a bit more, I'm going to take a peek under there, and see if they did anything with the shift linkage bushing, since I put in a metal one, when the plastic one broke.

Would have also been good to have them replace the rear main seal, just as a preventive measure, since the tranny was coming out anyway. Oh well...

xavierny25

Would have also been good to have them replace the rear main seal, just as a preventive measure, since the tranny was coming out anyway. Oh well...
I should of mentioned this earlier but having them change out the pan for the powder coated Dorman pan I sent you would of been cool too.

Blckshdw

If they were local, and not over an hour's drive away, I would have brought it to them to do just that. Took a peek under there, metal shift linkage bushing is still intact, so that's good. The truck seemed to be quieter, but the true test will be when I fire it up cold first thing in the morning, inside the garage.

gpking

I'm hoping the pump isn't going bad but it definitely seems like a leak...
Yup, fears confirmed, pump is about to sπ!√ the bed.
Today during the double prime procedure I could hear a horrific grinding from the tank.
No stores within an hour drive have any good ones in stock, so the Advance in town has a Delphi pump arriving tomorrow.

I guess I shouldn't try and take the TB in to work tomorrow...

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Firemaned82

Members online

Latest posts

Top Bottom