What did you do to your GMT today?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sparky

Dec 4, 2011
Part of me wants my tires to wear down faster so I have a better excuse to go up :laugh:

Freddy G.

Dec 4, 2011
So here is my Version of a Vehicle Fishing Pole Rack. I seen similar ones on the web, but didn't want to spend the Money on something I would enjoy building myself.
You will need:
2 Pieces of wood 49 inches long by 1-1/2'' by 3/8''(measure according to how many Fishing Poles you would like the Rack to hold)
Hole Saw Drill Bits
2 Wood Clamps
4 Eye Hooks
Wood Stain of your choice
Polyurethane
The rest is self-explanatory
I still have to finish the Rack for the Front

Attachments

• DSCN1815.jpg
    DSCN1815.jpg
    60.4 KB · Views: 7
  • DSCN1820.jpg
    DSCN1820.jpg
    54.5 KB · Views: 8

Boricua SS

Nov 20, 2011
Ohio
well... the beaSSt went to the dealership today... as most know from the thread i started last week, the motor started knocking at higher RPM... so she is getting torn down tomorrow morning and i'll be awaiting the phone call on what is wrong...

here she sits all lonely :sadcry:

2012-03-26165032.jpg

Boricua SS

Nov 20, 2011
Ohio
silvernclean said:
Man...I hope u don't get rid of the beaSSt. U can't.

:rotfl:, im guessing you heard Matt talking to me and how he said there would be a lot of pissed off people if i get ride of her :frown:

i just have to wait and see what the dealer says... when my confidence of a vehcile is gone to where i cant trust it, whats the point in keeping it ya know?.. im really torn though.. i'll admit that.. i have sank 4 years into the beaSSt, have met a TON of great people at all the meets ive attended (usually 3-4 per year) and online, and have learned about my truck inside and out... but with gas getting ever so higher, the price to play getting higher, the value of the trade in getting lower... i might just have to cash in now... :undecided:

Boricua SS

Nov 20, 2011
Ohio
TexazReece said:
Please don't do it......:frown:. I hope it's an easy fix and doesn't cost too much $$$

well as of now its free.. i have the GMPP (thank GOD i bought an extended warranty...) my only concern is if they get the GM rep/adjuster out... the dealership has certain Labor guidelines.. when those are exceeded due to the damaged parts, GM will come out and evaluate and determine the outcome...

what im hoping for, is that its something that isnt too damaging to the motor, to the point where i can resume driving it like i was before, and not worry about crap breaking...

STLtrailbSS

Dec 4, 2011
You know what they say when your LS2 breaks build it up or drop an LS7

And you guys are overlooking jhams picture screw the tires wont fit mine anyway but that guy has TWO snap on impacts! :rotfl:

Sparky

Dec 4, 2011
Heck man I put 3 engines in my old car and didn't sweat driving it heavily... Long story on that, but the gist was the original blew (rod knock, not what yours sounded like IMO), I got it replaced with a used one by a "mechanic" who screwed the thing up and in the end caused the second to blow (rod knock again, didn't even tighten down half the intake gaskets so water + oil mixture and overheat and and and.. yeah), replaced a 2nd time (warranty on the engine paid for half), they gave me a dead one, fought with them over it (they wanted me to pay half yet again and I told them to shove it and pay the whole thing since it was THEIR fault), so within a week it was replaced yet again...

Then I drove the crap out of it and put 40k miles on it in a year without it missing a beat aside from a bad coil pack which was easy since I had spares from the old engines lol.

If you can't tell, my vote is to fix it and keep going. Sucks? Yes... but things happen, fix and keep on truckin'!

HARDTRAILZ

Nov 18, 2011
jham said:
put my new tire on today and still working on the trimming 295-70-17 (33.5/12) nitto trail grappler

Time for some cutting if you plan to wheel it...

jham

Nov 20, 2011
HARDTRAILZ said:
Time for some cutting if you plan to wheel it...

indeed I cut the fenders just a bit ago went in about 2 inched at the bottom rear of the front frnders and up at a angle like you did. I remember seeing your write up and pics on the old site so thanks again for being the pioneer I sure am glad I didn't go any wider or I would of had to cut alot more

HARDTRAILZ

Nov 18, 2011
jham said:
indeed I cut the fenders just a bit ago went in about 2 inched at the bottom rear of the front frnders and up at a angle like you did. I remember seeing your write up and pics on the old site so thanks again for being the pioneer I sure am glad I didn't go any wider or I would of had to cut alot more

Good deal, but Roadie, Alek and teebes pioneered the cutting.

jimmyjam

Nov 18, 2011
Boricua SS said:
what im hoping for, is that its something that isnt too damaging to the motor, to the point where i can resume driving it like i was before, and not worry about crap breaking...
lol what a beautiful concept... is that even possible? although i don't worry anymore i just embrace the inevitable :crazy:

DJones

Jan 21, 2012
St. Petersburg, Florida
I had 15,508 (115%, OLM) miles on my old Mobil1, so I decided to change it with Amsoil. My friend and I had an oil changing party.

Anyway, the engine and tranny are going to outlast the rest of the car. Cancer (rust) will take out the rest.

I also bought a pile of parts.

JRTAHOE

Nov 20, 2011
Seal around the door was coming apart so I fixed it.

62168a31-3972-7696.jpg

62168a31-3984-5034.jpg

TexazReece

Dec 4, 2011
07 TB RIDER said:

I hate that, everytime my kids ride in the TB. I have to tell the m to open the door all the way because if I don't they barely open them and slide out :no::eek: causing that same thing to happen. What product did you use to fix it up?

JRTAHOE

Nov 20, 2011
TexazReece said:
07 TB RIDER said:

I hate that, everytime my kids ride in the TB. I have to tell the m to open the door all the way because if I don't they barely open them and slide out :no::eek: causing that same thing to happen. What product did you use to fix it up?

Just a little sealant. It works great. The other side that I did about 3 yrs ago still looks good.

Just some sealant in side of the rubber, position correctly and clamp in place and let sit overnight.

62168a31-4ecb-289a.jpg

smitty5150

Nov 18, 2011
Boricua SS said:
:rotfl:, im guessing you heard Matt talking to me and how he said there would be a lot of pissed off people if i get ride of her :frown:

i just have to wait and see what the dealer says... when my confidence of a vehcile is gone to where i cant trust it, whats the point in keeping it ya know?.. im really torn though.. i'll admit that.. i have sank 4 years into the beaSSt, have met a TON of great people at all the meets ive attended (usually 3-4 per year) and online, and have learned about my truck inside and out... but with gas getting ever so higher, the price to play getting higher, the value of the trade in getting lower... i might just have to cash in now... :undecided:

It's merely an opportunity to build it how you want it. I have been debating fuel costs and my future ride a lot these past few weeks....I can't seem to justify getting a miser if it is going to make me MISERable driving it. Expenses can always be cut elsewhere

HARDTRAILZ

Nov 18, 2011
Left it in the driveway today. It worked hard this weekend.

07ChevyTruck

Dec 5, 2011
Like usual drove it to work today. :yes::cool:

ItsOnVoy

Nov 21, 2011
Drove mine to school, back home and then back to school :biggrin:

Looking to de-mold soon I hope and see what kind of crappy luck I run into doing that lol

Voymom

Feb 3, 2012
ItsOnVoy said:

Looking to de-mold soon I hope and see what kind of crappy luck I run into doing that lol

Can't be no worse than mine :lipsrsealed:

Just drove it today....:yawn:

jham

Nov 20, 2011
ItsOnVoy said:

you mean pull the side molding of and see that the door was repainted and they just masked the molding so there you can see where it was look at my pic on this page can you tell on mine

jrSS

Dec 4, 2011
jham said:
you mean pull the side molding of and see that the door was repainted and they just masked the molding so there you can see where it was look at my pic on this page can you tell on mine

That's exactly what happened to me when I pulled the molding off. F***ing morons. Plus over spray on headlights, masking tape they didn't pull off all over the truck and oh don't mention the shit paint that's cracking and peeling off the bumper now. Had to have been a cheap ass maaco paint job. :banghead:

Mark20

Dec 6, 2011
Exercised most of the V8 horses in my Silverado at a nasty intersection near home.

STLtrailbSS

Dec 4, 2011
Mark20 said:
Exercised most of the V8 horses in my Silverado at a nasty intersection near home.
Its always good to know, I check up on mine frequently lol

Short Bus

Dec 2, 2011
I took it out for the closest thing to off-roading that I could

This hill is steeper than it looks in the pics

0327121725a.jpg

0327121725.jpg

ItsOnVoy

Nov 21, 2011
jham said:

silvernclean said:
That's exactly what happened to me when I pulled the molding off. F***ing morons. Plus over spray on headlights, masking tape they didn't pull off all over the truck and oh don't mention the shit paint that's cracking and peeling off the bumper now. Had to have been a cheap ass maaco paint job. :banghead:

Now that you mention that Jeff I kind of see it lol but its not something you can notice 100% unless you tell them. See I am only worried about one door because when I pulled my pillar stickers off on that door (witch was hit and I think replaced) there is a thin line of extra clear coat you can see at the bottom of that pillar but its not something you can see from a distance, you have to get up close and I kind of have to tell you to notice it loll just wondering what it waiting for me under the molding lol Jeff I think you saw it at our last meet, I think? I know Joe saw it for sure

Voymom

Feb 3, 2012
silvernclean said:
Its all good sam :beer:

O.o Jeff haz beer??? Let me get my walking shoes on, be right ver!!!!! :biggrin: :wootwoot:

jrSS

Dec 4, 2011
Haha. By the time u made it a mile from ur house u'd forget why u were walking. And where to. Hell prolly a beer in one hand with the plastic rings. Hehe.

Voymom

Feb 3, 2012
silvernclean said:
Haha. By the time u made it a mile from ur house u'd forget why u were walking. And where to. Hell prolly a beer in one hand with the plastic rings. Hehe.

Honestly, by the time I put my shoes on I'd probably be to tipsy to even make it out the door!

To stay on topic :biggrin: I washed some bird poop off my rear fender. It was the sticky kind of bird poop that never wants to come off :frown:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bwaggoner4052

Members Online