What did you do to your GMT today?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sparky

Dec 4, 2011
It got a wash. Needed it badly. Still needs a good hand washing and wax before winter hits.

Martyelzz4

Jan 3, 2013
Sprague, WA
FrontBrake3.jpg RearBrake.jpg Ok, so today I finished my brake job on my Saab. I did the front rotors and pads a week & ½ ago.. but my rear pads did not show up from my Canadian eBay supplier.. they show up today.. that only took my about half an hour as I had it on jack stands waiting for the UPS to show up today. Also, while waiting I had purchased a brake bleeder from Harbor Freight that uses a vacuum created from my air compressor (note: us lowest setting; 90psi; and it will go better. Flushed out all the DOT 3 and replaced with DOT 4 (DON'T argue with me.. it works fine .... I did a lot of research before it did it. The rotors are zinc coated.. the fronts black (not suppose be the black but that is what they sent.) The rears are the platinum zinc.. well my test drive and break in brakes procedure was AMAZING.. I can now stop on a nickel and give you a dime for change! Yes, that quick! I told my wife/girl friend, who was along for the ride; that the next time she drives it, do NOT stomp on it like she is use to or it will try to throw her through the windshield! I did demonstrate that on I-90 for her.. just so she is aware! I did find out that the real calipers are going to need new bleeders as the car spent too much time in Pennsylvania and Ohio before I purchase it. They are cheap but I'm going to wait until after the winter before I change them. I am glad I purchased the brake bleeding system.. NO MORE spongy brake pedal... I've always been too cheap to have a garage do it.... Next, new rear shocks.

xavierny25

Mar 16, 2014
Staten Island, N.Y
Switched out my corner 194 leds that where failing.20161116_215316.jpg

Then I decided to wire in quad reverse lights. Very much needed since I've always thought the reverse lights are a little to low to back this voy out of really dark area's.20161116_215121.jpg

Then out of no where one of my hid ballast went to shit. Time to start thinking about popping in some h1 led bulbs in there. I gotta see what you guys think about that one.20161116_220305.jpg

tsmith1156

Jul 9, 2013
Lebanon, Ohio
Digging into the blower motor replacement and hoping it fixes me having no heat since it's going to be very cold this weekend

xavierny25

Mar 16, 2014
Staten Island, N.Y
Installed led flasher relay. Found a ballast I had laying around and popped that baby in since the passenger side went out on me. All is good in my Voy's world now.

Mooseman

Dec 4, 2011
Ottawa, ON
Cried a little :cry:

Reactions: Mounce

MikeHayes

Mar 20, 2016
Vermont
Today I replaced a very old AC Delco Battery, and connected the mysterious red wire under the hood. lol I have a 2000lbs winch hooked up to a hitch post that works off of the towing hookup that would not work. After browsing here over the last couple of days I hooked the wire up and bingo, the winch works. I managed to change the battery out in less the 3 minutes total including cleaning the posts so I didn't have to screw with the HVAC system any.

Sparky

Dec 4, 2011
Back to the coworker's 04 Silverado with that darn EBCM and rusted screws... GOT IT OFF!!! Took forever grinding the heads by touch with a little sanding stone on a dremel, and I did chew up the mounting ears a bit (can't see what I'm doing after all), but finally got it out. Found cracked solder joints inside as expected too.

I need to get some RTV to seal it back up since I can't find the stuff I had anywhere (figures) but tomorrow it will go back on - with nice new STAINLESS screws - and it should be set and ready to go finally. That was an annoying job to do.

Reactions: Matt

tsmith1156

Jul 9, 2013
Lebanon, Ohio
Tore out the dash, now waiting for my new HVAC control panel hoping that it fixes my no heat problem... if not I guess it's the whole wiring harness, that's the last resort

Matt

Dec 2, 2011
Changing the oil in both my TB and her Rav4.

xavierny25

Mar 16, 2014
Staten Island, N.Y
Cleaned out the junk I had laying around on the inside, removed cross rails, checked the fluids and went around to check tire pressure. Everything checked out good so we will be headed to six flags with the kids.

Oh ish I forgot to invite someone....... Hey
@littleblazer what you doing today?

littleblazer

Jul 6, 2014
Cleaned out the junk I had laying around on the inside, removed cross rails, checked the fluids and went around to check tire pressure. Everything checked out good so we will be headed to six flags with the kids.

Oh ish I forgot to invite someone....... Hey
@littleblazer what you doing today?
I'm off shore fishing at the moment. :2thumbsup:

Boricua SS

Nov 20, 2011
Ohio
parts started showing up for all of my winter projects :smile:

first up, Spohn Adjustable Panhard bar...

Reactions: Matt and tsmith1156

Blckshdw

Nov 20, 2011
Tampa Bay Area, FL
Had been meaning to get around to replacing the rear wiper blade, as it's performance had been pretty crappy for a while. Upon closer inspection, the rubber blade was starting to separate from the metal. No bueno :no:

20161120_121229.jpg

Mooseman

Dec 4, 2011
Ottawa, ON
Swapped the winter tires and rims from the TB to the 9-7x and then parked the TB out of the way until I decide what to do with it.

Reactions: Jan-Åke_Klement

Mounce

Mar 29, 2014
Tuscaloosa, AL
Replaced the oil pressure sensor, about a 15 minute job with correct tools. Borrowed a socket made for oil pressure sensors from one of the guys at work. Did manage to cover my arm in hot oil though.

EDIT:
Almost forgot, also fixed an annoying, loud rattle it's had for a year or more. Found it while it was running and I was under it watching the pressure sensor to make sure it wasn't leaking. Turned out to be the rear AC lines where they come down and bend at the frame by the trans. They were rattling against each other right before the bend. Stuck a piece of foam between them and quadruple zip tied them.

Last edited:
Reactions: Matt and Mooseman

xavierny25

Mar 16, 2014
Staten Island, N.Y

TollKeeper

Supporting Donor
Dec 3, 2011
Brighton, CO
Put half of my denali kit in. stopped when I realized the center console I bought on ebay was missing the mounts for the arm rest, and are not transferable from the old console.

Sparky

Dec 4, 2011
Got the EBCM reinstalled in my coworker's truck. No more ABS lights or brake lights on the dash or annoying dinging at startup. Yes!

Matt

Dec 2, 2011
Got new amber LED indicators from Kevin...and they work the way they're meant to! :dance:

Goes to show, quality beats price.

Matt

Dec 2, 2011

Sparky

Dec 4, 2011
Readjusted my headlights. They were set a bit high apparently and I have gotten flashed randomly recently. Some idiot of course instead of flashing just kicked his high beams on until he passed me. Smart move there... sure.

Reactions: Jan-Åke_Klement

Sparky

Dec 4, 2011
Worked on my other coworker's vehicle (2007 Trailblazer) and replaced the driver side hub bearing. Original with 251k on it, and it really sounded terrible. Went smoothly, within about 30 minutes I had the old one out and was starting to bolt up the new. She's going down to Columbus tomorrow and didn't want the wheel flying off on the highway! Later we'll do the other hub, the brakes, and a few other misc things it needs.

Boricua SS

Nov 20, 2011
Ohio
Reactions: Matt

Blckshdw

Nov 20, 2011
Tampa Bay Area, FL
Pulled the grille to take some measurements, deciding it's about time I add a transmission cooler, since I've put that off long enough. For kicks and giggles, decided to check the fluid, just because. The last time I checked it was about a year and a half ago, and it was nice and red, so I didn't expect anything different. :ugh:

But when I pulled out the rusty dip stick, the fluid on it was black. :eek: SO, when I add the tranny cooler sometime next month, I'll also be doing a flush, pan drop and filter change. Already watched @MAY03LT 's video, so think I'm ready to go.

Sparky

Dec 4, 2011
Weight in the bed of a pickup for winter = good
Shifting weight in the bed = bad

I got 4x 70 lb sand bags but they kept sliding around in the bed. Not so much side to side, but back and forth a lot. Got to thinking, I have some random lumber around... :lightbulb:

Now the bags will stay right on top of the axle. The 2x6 boards top and bottom hold in place between the wheel humps, and the side 2x4 boards fit down in between the ridges of the bed perfectly to keep it all together and from moving side to side at all. I might get a couple more bags to put in the empty middle spot, we'll see.

20161126_152220_zpsf3b5rvkh.jpg

littleblazer

Jul 6, 2014
I killed it... and there may be a few things missing.
Screenshot_20161126-212917.png

HARDTRAILZ

Nov 18, 2011
I actually drove mine this weekend to go hunting a couple times. Need to get a job closer to home sop I can drive it more.

DDonnie

Mar 26, 2012
Changed the starter in my 99 suburban. Really not too bad to get to, I'd say only slightly more difficult than an oil change.

Also repaired a stripped out side bolt battery on the same vehicle.

Blckshdw

Nov 20, 2011
Tampa Bay Area, FL
With the little bit of daylight I had when I got home, pulled the grille, and tried doing some mock-ups with the new aux tranny cooler. Got a nice indication of why so many guys end up modding the header panel, cuz it doesn't like to allow the corners of the cooler to go where you want them to. :bonk:

Will do more mocking in the morning, except my toolbox will be next to me and the Dremel nearby :cool:

Reactions: Mounce

Mounce

Mar 29, 2014
Tuscaloosa, AL
With the little bit of daylight I had when I got home, pulled the grille, and tried doing some mock-ups with the new aux tranny cooler. Got a nice indication of why so many guys end up modding the header panel, cuz it doesn't like to allow the corners of the cooler to go where you want them to. :bonk:

Will do more mocking in the morning, except my toolbox will be next to me and the Dremel nearby :cool:

Had to slice and dice mine for a large Hayden unit. #679 iirc, 11"x11".

But I drove ours almost 450 miles to attend a viewing, will add around 50 more tomorrow (saturday) for the funeral, then 400 back home Monday. Ran great, with each and every repair I do on it I get more and more nervous about taking it on trips, need to stop doubting myself I guess.

Matt

Dec 2, 2011
Tackling the passengers axle replacement and door mode actuator today.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fhendsbee

Members Online