What did you do to your GMT today?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Voymom

Feb 3, 2012
Just drove him to drop off and pick up the kids from school, and to the nail salon to get my nails done. On the way home from getting my nails done I came about 5 inches from getting t-boned and rear-ended. I had to literally get out of the passenger side because had I opened my drivers side door I would have whacked the lady's jeep she was THAT close to hitting me. I slammed on my brakes and almost had an alero rear end me and a cop almost rear ended the alero. The cop wrote the lady a ticket for running a red light. She said the light was green, but due to in town road construction all the lights were blinking red and have been for 2 weeks.

All I have to say is she was VERY lucky she didn't hit me, or I would have been like squirrel lady that Harmless encountered. I would have flipped lol.

Other than that, I didn't do anything to him today, tomorrow evening I plan on giving him a good inside cleaning as it's still raining here...blah. Maybe an actual bath on Saturday if it doesn't rain, so we'll see.

Edit- Taking the stereo out to see if our button lights are loose or out, some buttons on the radio go off and on, when you smack the center dash lights go on, smack it again it goes off....same with my memory seat button but when the light on that goes off the memory seat option doesn't work.

smitty5150

Nov 18, 2011
Sparky said:
What are you replacing it with?

Not sure yet. I would like to keep a gmt in the family, but I have also been itching for something fast and low. Also not wanting a payment, so limited to what i get for the tb. I may get an s10 project and a gt or z28 dd.

Sparky

Dec 4, 2011
Cleaned the throttle body and put new wiper blades on it.

Short Bus

Dec 2, 2011
Sparky said:
Cleaned the throttle body and put new wiper blades on it.

Did you + size the drivers side blade?

fireman4215

Dec 18, 2011
Finished my box up today. Tomorrow I'm gonna put carpet on it and wire up the subs.

a6cd0b9a-d911-31db.jpg

4wVoy

Feb 4, 2012
finally got my wheels in today (all 5) had a decent amount of trimming to do but she is all good now
IMG_1057.jpg

after going back to get my key for the lug nuts (thanks dude) I got them mounted

IMG_1059.jpg

IMG_1060.jpg

here is a closeup
IMG_1061.jpg

need to get a couple nuts for the rear tire carrier

TexazReece

Dec 4, 2011

Attachments

• IMAG0182.jpg
    IMAG0182.jpg
    73.3 KB · Views: 9
  • IMAG0183.jpg
    IMAG0183.jpg
    82.3 KB · Views: 8
  • IMAG0184.jpg
    IMAG0184.jpg
    56.7 KB · Views: 7

Sparky

Dec 4, 2011
Short Bus said:
Did you + size the drivers side blade?

No, just 22" both driver and passenger side. I got cheap $4 blades for the summer. The Bosch Evolution blades I had before sucked. They were beam blades like the Icons, but they sucked. I might try the Icons next when winter starts getting close. I had RainX Latitudes before the Bosch blades and they worked well and lasted a long time, but I didn't like how bulky they were. The Evolutions were lower profile and looked better, but smeared, streaked, and chattered within the first couple months.

TollKeeper

Supporting Donor
Dec 3, 2011
Brighton, CO
TexazReece said:
Sorry for the late response but they are 3156 cree from DFWWIZ here are a few pics of it, sorry if pics are too big. I haven't mastered how to downsize them a bit lol

(Pics removed)

Do you have a linnk or something? I really need a set like that.. I cant see Sh** when i back into my driveway..

djthumper

Administrator
Nov 20, 2011
North Las Vegas
TollKeeper said:
TexazReece said:
Sorry for the late response but they are 3156 cree from DFWWIZ here are a few pics of it, sorry if pics are too big. I haven't mastered how to downsize them a bit lol

(Pics removed)
Do you have a linnk or something? I really need a set like that.. I cant see Sh** when i back into my driveway..
First you have to be able to see. :wink:

TollKeeper

Supporting Donor
Dec 3, 2011
Brighton, CO

Regulator

Nov 20, 2011
4wVoy said:
finally got my wheels in today (all 5) had a decent amount of trimming to do but she is all good now
IMG_1057.jpg

after going back to get my key for the lug nuts (thanks dude) I got them mounted

IMG_1059.jpg

IMG_1060.jpg

here is a closeup
IMG_1061.jpg

need to get a couple nuts for the rear tire carrier

What size tire is that? It doesn't look like you have any room in the rear to be able to compress the suspension.

4wVoy

Feb 4, 2012
Regulator said:
What size tire is that? It doesn't look like you have any room in the rear to be able to compress the suspension.

Think its just the angle, looks like there should be plenty of room, they are 265/70/17

HARDTRAILZ

Nov 18, 2011
With the rain this morning, I realized that mine is getting new wipers TONIGHT. Could not see anything but streaks...

ItsOnVoy

Nov 21, 2011
oh my gosh did I have some bad luck and realllly annoyed with the trucks running boards right now :hissyfit: I went to remove them, passenger side came off really easy and good and there are so many bolts back there lol my hands got a nice workout. Went to the driver side and I got to one bolt and it wont come off, its soo rusted its all screwed up and i did EVERYTHING I can to remove it, sprayed it and nothing, the rust around the bolt started to come off and the bolt is all messed up and it wont come off so because of ONE bolt I had to spend almost another hour putting the other side back on and man are those things heavy!!! Had to use two jacks on each side to hold it and and took almost 20mins just getting one bolt back on and lining it up right and then the others....over all bad day and the running boards are staying on the truck now and not going to remove them

jham

Nov 20, 2011
ItsOnVoy said:
oh my gosh did I have some bad luck and realllly annoyed with the trucks running boards right now :hissyfit: I went to remove them, passenger side came off really easy and good and there are so many bolts back there lol my hands got a nice workout. Went to the driver side and I got to one bolt and it wont come off, its soo rusted its all screwed up and i did EVERYTHING I can to remove it, sprayed it and nothing, the rust around the bolt started to come off and the bolt is all messed up and it wont come off so because of ONE bolt I had to spend almost another hour putting the other side back on and man are those things heavy!!! Had to use two jacks on each side to hold it and and took almost 20mins just getting one bolt back on and lining it up right and then the others....over all bad day and the running boards are staying on the truck now and not going to remove them

I'll bring a cut off wheel to the big Midwest meet we can get them off for you Sam

ItsOnVoy

Nov 21, 2011
jham said:
I'll bring a cut off wheel to the big Midwest meet we can get them off for you Sam

I dont know man the blot is in pretty deep, and its in a small area almost. I would have gotten it off but its where its located is what made is so hard.

the roadie said:
Asymmetry bothers you? :rotfl: Nobody's going to see BOTH sides of the truck at the same time. :wootwoot:

haha was scared or a minute that I might have had to be like that :crazy:

But when I had that one side off, the truck looked a lot higher and bigger lol

blazinlow89

Jan 25, 2012
Been a slow week truck wise, just got back from Norfolk, VA late Weds night, might get to go back next week for 3-4 days, sweet OT.

Yesterday I readjusted my projectors and finally have a light pattern I am almost satisfied with, might do the razor blade mod. Also found out one of the resistors is bad that came with the new headlamps, emailed the seller waiting on a response.

Today I ran some seafoam in the intake, rest in the fuel tank. Cleaned the throttle body, nasty. Back of the butterfly had some oil on it. Runs a lot better now. Now I am working on Diagnosing an AC problem. I have a thread on it somewhere else.

Voymom

Feb 3, 2012
I gave him 2 baths here at home and wasn't satisfied so I took him to the car wash where they have a power washer lol Vacuumed him out, and found out it's going to rain tonight :mad: ho hum.

Tomorrow will be sunny, so I plan on cleaning the inside once the kids head to grandma's for the weekend.

hitman

Jan 25, 2012
Bought and installed new optima yellow top battery, still tuning my stereo IE hiding some wires ran my wire through the firewall instead of around through the door, looking into some sound deadening and picking up some new plugs for tomorrow

Sparky

Dec 4, 2011
ItsOnVoy said:

Angle grinder, just lop the head of the bolt off :biggrin:

DJones

Jan 21, 2012
St. Petersburg, Florida
Today, I got a wheel alignment. They got quite some fancy computer equipment at the dealer for it. The bad news was that the lower control arm didn't have enough room to go back, so readings are very borderline.

SBUBandit

Dec 5, 2011
Went and ordered my wife's new custom plate. Its a surprise for her birthday next week, so she doesn't know she's getting it. She runs a small cake decorating business, and when she first got started, we weren't sure what you call someone who decorates cakes, so we decided it was a "cakerator" I got her the plate CAKER8R

HARDTRAILZ

Nov 18, 2011
ItsOnVoy said:
Quicker to grind or cut the bolt off...

DJones said:
Today, I got a wheel alignment. They got quite some fancy computer equipment at the dealer for it. The bad news was that the lower control arm didn't have enough room to go back, so readings are very borderline.
So what is bent? No reason it would not be fine unless something needs replaced.

ItsOnVoy

Nov 21, 2011
HARDTRAILZ said:
Quicker to grind or cut the bolt off...

I cannot due to the location of the bolt, its a really small area so I could not use many tools to get it off

Voymom

Feb 3, 2012
Waiting to see if it's going to rain or not (hope it doesn't as I just spent some mad quarters cleaning it yesterday) then hubby and I will be cleaning or at least inspecting the DDM to see if we can get the memory seat function to work better so I can quit slamming the door lol Then I'm going to spend a few hours cleaning the inside.

SBUBandit

Dec 5, 2011
My AEM Dryflow filter arrived today, so I installed that. Didn't take any pics yet, but I have a little project I might be working on soon involving the air box, so I'll get a pic then. I like the filter so far, seems well built

STLtrailbSS

Dec 4, 2011
Throttle Body,Sea Foam,Air Filter Recharge,Rear Handle Delete and an engine bay clean up also decided to try running the CAI boxless for a while.

IMAG0311.jpg

Even took off the shielding to spray it down
IMAG0312.jpg

IMAG0314.jpg

IMAG0316.jpg

Home Depot was out of the carriage style bolts these will have to work for now :mad:

NewfieEnvoy

Jan 25, 2012
Install the PAC GM12 so I now have a aux jack for my factory head unit. Put the switch and a 3.5mm jack in the arm rest. Works great, very happy.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
taz4101

Members Online