What did you do to your GMT today?

Status
Not open for further replies.

tsmith1156

Jul 9, 2013
Lebanon, Ohio
I'm not sure whether I like the B-pillar being black too... I need to re-do it anyway, my tape job was very sloppy.

View attachment 75891

Need to tint the front windows now

Bought her a little something for a little camping retreat that me and the family are going on Memorial day weekend.
http://sportsdealbox.com/sports-acc...th-Cargo-Webbing-and-Hitch-Lock-ABSB00CM3ZQIY

I really don't want to fill the inside of the truck with camping stuff. So this will keep it nice and organized. Hopefully.

Edit: And clean also.

That is a pretty good deal for that

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: dmanns67

xavierny25

Mar 16, 2014
Staten Island, N.Y
It is,that's why I picked it up. It should be here by Thursday. Once I'm done using it I'll probably give it to my brother so he can powder coat it some crazy color or just p.c to match my voy.

gpking

Dec 27, 2013
Berkeley Springs, WV
Need to tint the front windows now
Yeah, that, and the rain guards make it look funny from a distance.
Oh well, at least I got some good practice with "Peel Coat".
There's nothing more frustrating than little bugs constantly getting stuck and leaving imperfections in the stuff while it is drying.

I picked up a Meguiar's headlight kit and I am pretty impressed with the immediate results. It completely removed the roughness and the hazy yellowing, but you can still see some speckles (probably because I only spent 5 minutes sanding each).
I'm not complaining, though. Let's see how it holds up.

Before:
20160504_091808-2.jpg

After:
20160504_093910-2.jpg

Mounce

Mar 29, 2014
Tuscaloosa, AL
LED brake lights. Legit Phillips like you see in stores now but got them on eBay cheaper.

Parking lights

20160505_195706_HDR_zpsiv47zttj.jpg

Brake lights

20160505_195634_HDR_zpsqvgti6bc.jpg

Wooluf1952

Nov 20, 2011
Milwaukee, Wisconsin
Replaced the original front anti-swaybar end links. I used Moog grease-able parts.
As an FYI, wire brushing the built-up rust from the threads of the originals, helped just enough in getting the nuts off. ( The end-links. Not mine. :tongue: )

Sib

Sep 6, 2014
Threw on the new shoes I got for it last night (got dark and couldn't take a pick so posting this morning). Only had a 2 1/4 ton Jack so had to use some pieces of wood to put underneath it to lift it up enough.

Next future mod will be to even it out. It seems the rake is even more noticible now. Don't want to go low rider style, just level it off. That will for sure be down the road.

image.jpeg

Capote

Supporting Donor
Jul 14, 2014
Atlanta, GA
Spent a few hours detailing the engine bay. I also removed all the insulation, made for a much cleaner look overall.
IMG_20160507_141703.jpg

IMG_20160507_142942.jpg

xavierny25

Mar 16, 2014
Staten Island, N.Y
After my oil change decided to take a look at the throttle body. It didnt look to bad but ended up cleaning it anyway. The clouds parting gave me a chance to wash it aswell.20160507_120322.jpg20160507_132935.jpg

Sparky

Dec 4, 2011
I put my stock tail lights back in the Silverado because for some weird reason the screw mounts broke off the driver side LED tail light leaving it hanging by the wiring. Well that sucks! I can probably rebuild the mounts but going to contact the seller as they should be under warranty still.

Sib

Sep 6, 2014
Since I got the new wheels on Friday, had to do a relearn for the TPMS sensors.

Worked like a charm. No more dash light. :dance:

DAlastDON

Apr 6, 2014
Kentucky
Replaced the ageing AC Delco battery with a Autocraft Platinum AGM battery from Advance Auto Parts. Had them install the battery in the lot. Also picked up some Techron fuel system cleaner, and a pair of 3157's to replace the reverse lights that have been burned out since last year.

DAlastDON

Apr 6, 2014
Kentucky
Just went to replace the reverse light bulbs and saw that the failure was not in the filiment on either bulb. On the drivers side the failure was at the wire pin on the bulb that makes connection inside the socket. It burned open. The passenger was the same but worse. There was also corrossion. I thought i would try and scrape it off and i realized the metal was gone. It literally ate the metal pieces inside the socket. My pick punctured it like wet paper. I will have to replace the passenger socket at a later time. At least i have one reverse light again.

Gary P

Apr 18, 2016
Upstate NY
For my son's '07 Envoy, we new Biltstein HD shocks in the rear, installed Air Lift air bags in the rear springs, and replaced the rear differential fluid.
In the near future, hopefully in a day or two - Front Diff fluid, Trans Filter and Fluid, Transfer Case fluid, and possibly a radiator flush.

Reactions: Matt

HARDTRAILZ

Nov 18, 2011
Played around with locking in the new Hitchmate cargo carrier. It's pretty cool for what I'm going to need it for.View attachment 75930 View attachment 75931
I have a steel and aluminum basket, but neither folds. I like that idea though and may need to modify one or buy one for the wifes ride.

I put my stock tail lights back in the Silverado because for some weird reason the screw mounts broke off the driver side LED tail light leaving it hanging by the wiring. Well that sucks! I can probably rebuild the mounts but going to contact the seller as they should be under warranty still.
I would bitch until they make good....F their warranty. They are too new for that.

I got a list of stuff going for my truck so i can empty and reload it to go do some camping/offroading this weekend.

Reactions: xavierny25

HARDTRAILZ

Nov 18, 2011
Last night I hit up amazon for a new mod, but need to get itand check it out before being to proud since I never couldfind an actual rreview of it and just took a chance

Gary P

Apr 18, 2016
Upstate NY
Yesterday we finished the fluid change on my son's Envoy. Now he's all set with fresh front and rear differential fluids, transfer case fluid, transmission filter and fluid, engine oil and filter. The only thing left would be a coolant change and brake fluid, but that's planned for later this year.

I've got to add.... We bought this '07 Envoy from a friend, (to replace my son's '05 TB that was in an accident). After going over it and changing out all of the fluids, it was a pleasure to work on. Very, very little rust on anything underneath, and overall it was in super condition all over, with just under 80k miles. Truck was a 2nd vehicle of my friends, and was garage kept. My buddy had it serviced at a dealer, and about the only thing that I had difficulty with was the darn oil filter. They must have put it on with a wrench. :duh: It was SO tight!

Last edited by a moderator:
Mar 30, 2016
KSA
I use Meguiar's Quik Interior Detailer spray with a microfiber towel. I also use Meguiar's Gold Rich Leather cleaner/conditioner on the seats.

View attachment 75994

Thanks. Thankfully I saw that same brand here, so I can get it :woohoo:here.

Won't be needing the leather cleaner YET as I don't have leather seats :tongue:

xavierny25

Mar 16, 2014
Staten Island, N.Y
Since I got the day off and have some free time I went and got her inspection done. Just 1 less thing to worry about before I go away for the memorial day weekend.20160513_133426.jpg

xavierny25

Mar 16, 2014
Staten Island, N.Y
Installed my SPEC-D Avalanche 3rd brake light. Used some butt connectors, but need to get some heat shrink wrap and finish it up a little cleaner. Works for now though.View attachment 76045

Looks great.:2thumbsup:I like that mod alot but I'm going to wait it out till I get a set of ascender tails.

Reactions: Sib and dmanns67

Sib

Sep 6, 2014
Looks great.:2thumbsup:I like that mod alot but I'm going to wait it out till I get a set of ascender tails.

Thanks. It sure cleans up the back end. They were listed as smoke, but not much of a smoke look during the day. They aren't terrible, but wish they were darker. Didn't want to cut them open like Carlton did, and since I don't have the IPCW tails, I didn't want to get the IPCW 3rd brake light. This one seems to match the best with the DEPO tails.

Blckshdw

Nov 20, 2011
Tampa Bay Area, FL
You talking about cutting the 3rd brake light right? Yeah, the smoked version was more like lightly steamed... That's why I cut it open to paint the reflector. Much mo betta, and things match during the day. Kinda have the urge to buy a new one, I didn't use the right silicone to seal it up, and the outgassing has the lens hazed up. No bueno.

Reactions: Trkdrvremt and Sib
Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fishermandude

Members Online